Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 77.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

And referring to people as the "Fanboy Phil Club" is just another way to get people rehashing an old argument.

Quoted from aeonblack:

brigade of DP apologists

This was the comment I was responding to. And it has been throw around a lot here on Pinside. More than twice.

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Absolutely. Good news, bad news, no news....whatever, just give me updates. I might have even stayed onboard if Barry could have done a simple gesture of dropping in here once every few days, or once a week, to keep us updated and answer questions and concerns. The concerns some of us have are concerns that affect all of us, not just those seeking refunds.

Yeah.. I guess burningman might serve that role now, so positive step. Better anyway due to timezones.

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

But, quite frankly, more promises (as opposed to more action) from DP, whether official or not, does nothing for me.

I think they're promising because at the moment they can't act, because, from what I can gather, the funds are locked in the account... when they can act they will be acting as opposed to promising. I understand you want them to suck dicks to get your money, and it's a fair request, but I just don't think they're going to go down that road... I'm sure everything will be fine and you WILL get your refund... it just won't be from the dick sucking route, that's all...

#3304 4 years ago

Also if you want to hear from them email Barry.

#3305 4 years ago

What's in your magical emails from Barry? The emails I get from Barry say so little that I am usually more annoyed after reading them, just a little smooth talk. Conversely, after just a couple PMs in a conversation initiated by this Don guy, I can see they finally made a positive step toward righting the ship.

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I understand you want them to suck dicks to get your money, and it's a fair request, but I just don't think they're going to go down that road... I'm sure everything will be fine and you WILL get your refund... it just won't be from the dick sucking route, that's all...

Hahah, thanks for the first laugh I've had since entering this thread this afternoon. We may disagree on 90% of things happening in this thread, but at least we can agree that that was funny.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

What's in your magical emails from Barry? The emails I get from Barry

They are not magical. But folks demand a reply, at least if you ask directly you get one. Not saying they are ready to divulge much.
Again, I will be as happy as I was hearing MMrs rolling down the line to hear this is cleared up and you folks get your money and we move on towards our games. Sucks in the meantime but I assure I am anxiously awaiting that day as much as you are.

#3308 4 years ago

Cool update.
Cmon DP get these games made and get a distributor in Australia and I will be more than happy to purchase one.

#3309 4 years ago

Well...before the good news gets lost in the usual crap, I'd like to say this is awesome news. The project looks to be heading in the right direction post "Meltdown" now. BOP 2.0 is shipping too, so all is left is to process the refunds to these guys and get on with the games.

#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Couldn't tell you what my machine # was, but I did my first two deposits back in July. But, regardless of that, what machine # you have shouldn't determine when or if you can get a refund if you request one. If you want a refund, you should get one, and you should get one in a timely manner, no questions asked. Plain and simple.
It's also nice to see all the downvote brigade of DP apologists are still out in full force. You can downvote the concerns of myself (and others) all you want, but it doesn't make our concerns any less valid.
I'm glad to see Don chiming in here, the first "official" DP presence here in almost 2 months. But, quite frankly, more promises (as opposed to more action) from DP, whether official or not, does nothing for me. I'm tired of hearing what DP is going to do about these refunds, talk is cheap. I wanted my money out of DP initially because I was worried the machine would not make it to production. I'm sure the game will be produced now, and NOW I want my money out because I no longer want to support a company like DP. If they would have dealt with all these problems in a more timely manner and provided the actual verified customers with more information along the way, then maybe they wouldn't have burned their bridges with me. Too little, too late.

Do you have any money riding on RAZA,MG, or Pred? Talk about lack of communication from those groups!!

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Do you have any money riding on RAZA,MG, or Pred? Talk about lack of communication from those groups!!

Thankfully no hah. Last I checked on Pred he was doing weekly updates, but that was quite a while ago. RAZA and MG are just pure clusterfucks though.

#3312 4 years ago

In the beginning DP got praised for NOT getting involved (just read) in all the pinside crap... Like now there came a good update, but of course the vibe has turned again below sub zero. Thanks to some of you...

I'm glad they still communicate they way they are communicating! Happy baller'

#3313 4 years ago

I can smell the DP BS a mile away. Everything might work out or they will screw the USA customers and make the machine anyway. Nobody knows. I do know that they made sure that they secured the licenses first.

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I can smell the DP BS a mile away. Everything might work out or they will screw the USA customers and make the machine anyway. Nobody knows. I do know that they made sure that they secured the licenses first.

You felt the need to repeat yourself why? You actually think they would make the game but just like steal all the DPUSA funds? Really?

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You felt the need to repeat yourself why? You actually think they would make the game but just like steal all the DPUSA funds? Really?

The only reason anyone would say such a crazy thing is because dp has not said that they would stand by dpusa payments even if they can not recoup those funds. Just waiting for a confirmation from them is all.

#3316 4 years ago

Is it just me or are most pre orders from relatively "new" companies having or have had problems? Woz ? MMR, Predator, Raza and Magic girl, let alone AIW (for you ice) Have we not debated to death that pre order is not for everyone? It is a gamble as I see it, and i"m seeing it over and over again. My god after woz and predator lets face it...it is not an easy road, and if people don't learn that it is gamble and you need a strong resilience and or deep pockets, that you are investing and taking a chance on any product that hasn't been designed completely let alone built, then it's time to realize pre ordering lets just say.... don't pre order. I agree communication there is no excuse but look at all these "manufacturers" there basically is none or none to be trusted? DP had a ton of work to do after what happened and while they didn't communicate well, I still have to give them full props to get here after the mess they were in.

#3317 4 years ago

I'm so happy that their timeline is on schedule.
Looks like I'll get TBL this year.
Great work DP!
You would think after seeing the progress made that even some of the people wanting refunds would reconsider. I'm sure those on the fence for sure would decide to stay in.
All I know is I'm glad that I stayed with DP.

#3318 4 years ago

Never a statement from DP like "there are enough funds in the PayPal account to take care of all refunds" their refusal to give facts and real promises speaks volumes
PS I'll stay in if they disclose some details of their operation.

#3319 4 years ago

And here it is:

"Ya see? Nothing is f*cked up here Dude. Nothing is f*cked."
Production updates

We will keep you posted!
Team Dutch Pinball

image1.JPG

#3320 4 years ago

Umm.. That's interesting

#3321 4 years ago

Poor Kermie.

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

In the beginning DP got praised for NOT getting involved (just read) in all the pinside crap

I was going to mention this as well: even before the crisis when Phil was still a member of the team, they didn't communicate via Pinside. I received the occasional PM but they never posted to the forum itself. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, only that their level of communication has been consistent throughout.

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I was going to mention this as well: even before the crisis when Phil was still a member of the team, they didn't communicate via Pinside. I received the occasional PM but they never posted to the forum itself. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, only that their level of communication has been consistent throughout.

And through bop2.0 delays.. I will say wrong but consistent IMHO

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

And through bop2.0 delays.. I will say wrong but consistent IMHO

not wrong at all, just not what you wanted. The last thing you want to do if there is an issue with licensing is to go and start talking about it and piss off the IP holders.

#3325 4 years ago

If you were not expecting a pre-pay start up company to have some bumps in the road, then you should not have sent money.

I think they are working through it adequately, just my opinion. Granted, not to everyone's satisfaction.

Imagine, if you can , that the majority of their customers are not pinsiders....

#3326 4 years ago

I feel with bop2.0 they were pretty bad.. Where no particular reason has ever been mentioned.

In this case , I have no idea the tightrope they were/are walking with Phil,IRS,Paypal, Universal so its harder to judge what more the could of said.

Anyways a good day, I'll shut up . Hopefully the PayPal freeze is sorted soon.

#3327 4 years ago

<<<just give me a refund. I don't care if they have to take that money from their kids college fund or suck dicks in an alley to get me money, just get it. I don't care where the money comes from, as long as it goes to me. >>>

A great line by aeonblack.

#3328 4 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

And here it is:
Production updates
We will keep you posted!
Team Dutch Pinball

apparently it ain't easy being green . . . .

image1.JPG 50 KB

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

And here it is:
Production updates
We will keep you posted!
Team Dutch Pinball

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA !

image1.JPG 50 KB

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

they didn't communicate via Pinside. I received the occasional PM but they never posted to the forum itself. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, only that their level of communication has been consistent throughout.

I'm pretty sure the reason they don't communicate via pinside is that they made a promise to update VIPs before anyone else, or something like that... So, to keep that promise they are obliged to only provide updates through the NSN to those VIPs...

Quoted from aeonblack:

Hahah, thanks for the first laugh I've had since entering this thread this afternoon. We may disagree on 90% of things happening in this thread, but at least we can agree that that was funny.

Glad I could give you a laugh!! I really do believe all will be good... My crystal ball is telling me that you will get your refund within a week!!

Quoted from ozno:

Never a statement from DP like "there are enough funds in the PayPal account to take care of all refunds" their refusal to give facts and real promises speaks volumes
PS I'll stay in if they disclose some details of their operation.

I feel your frustration, and I'm convinced that the reason they don't make this statement is NOT because the funds are drained, I think it's because the mere notion that funds in the DPUSA account could possibly be depleted is not a notion they want to distribute to the VIPs through the NSN, and that's the only way they are committed to communicate... As RTR mentioned, a lot of their customers don't even visit Pinside, so are not even party to this thread and all the chaos in it. They ARE allowed, within their own committment, to communicate with people on a personal level, which is why PMs are normally answered... Now Don is on the ship, I feel communication will be better... But I wouldn't be surprised if he too has to keep quiet on Pinside now he's a member of DP simply to honor DPs statement that they will communicate with VIPs first...

#3331 4 years ago

Some of you guys would find a way to complain about anything.

Today's update was great. It showed good progress on the game and a reasonable update on when to hear more about the DP USA situation.

I know that it's unnerving to have money tied up when you want it refunded but these guys are going to come through.

They proved it with BOP. It might be a bumpy road but such is the state of early adoption in almost anything, not just pinball.

#3332 4 years ago

Agree with above post. The cynical person could read into this update and say it will generate new money which could be put towards refunds. Could mean cash flow is still a problem but that just a wild theory. No clue if true.

#3333 4 years ago

They only have one last hurdle to clear at this point (refunds) and they should be back on their path. The addition of the new people to the company is a great sign that they will clear that last hurdle, after all why bring in new people some of whom are on here and answering questions is the boat is about to sink.

I feel for the customers waiting for their cash, but it feels like they will be getting their refunds soon.

you know, thinking on it, it seems like this could be a great opportunity for DP to turn things around. They could fully refund those people who've asked for their refunds and then offer those people a $500 - $800 credit towards the game if those people wanted to recommit to the purchase. But only after they give the refund back. This way they show their commitment to returning the money but they also give those people something back for their patience.

Just an idea (and of course it's easy to be the guy with the idea if your not the one needing the money for production)

#3334 4 years ago

No one really knows how many refunds there are or how many preorders there are.
I did find out this though. The Dutch Pinball Association (NFV) is one of the largest in the world.
So while DP is straightening out DPUSA here the market in the Netherlands is quite robust.
Who knows how many preorders they have over in Europe . It could be more than here.

#3335 4 years ago

Yeah it's great to see how well pinball has thrived around the world. It's funny because I asked my buddies in Japan about it and they said its not as popular there, though they mentioned a guy that has a serious collection that's pretty decent (but several hours away). It's kind weird because I would think that pinball would be huge there with Japan's fascination with toys and mechanics.

Is there any other hot spots for pinball activity in other countries?

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

But I wouldn't be surprised if he too has to keep quiet on Pinside now he's a member of DP simply to honor DPs statement that they will communicate with VIPs first...

^^This^^

If you want a contrasting style of going toe to toe with Pinside, read the MMR thread. Rick from Planetary will answers a concern and it only creates more questions and criticism no matter what he says. Much of it from non owners involving themselves just like in this thread.

I wanted to hear more from DP also during this process and agree damage was done. But I also felt and still feel that actions speak louder than words and I was willing to give them more time.

Look at the anger still being displayed here after a very positive news release. Fact is, DP was damned if they do and damned if the don't.

My apologies to all for the recent rabble rousing I've posted.

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Is there any other hot spots for pinball activity in other countries?

There's quite a community of pinheads in Spain with lots of shows cropping up around the place... The French also have their fair share of pin-heads... for some reason the French seem to gravitate towards Gottliebs... Unfortunately there aren't so many pin-heads in Czech where I live... it's mainly just me!

#3338 4 years ago

recommit to the purchase. But only after they give the refund back.

That would be amazing but think about the demand for this when they start shipping. They are going to be really backed up with new orders so I doubt this would happen.

#3339 4 years ago

And therein lies the trouble at times with posting updates. But one thing I do like is that Rick continues to post. if I were a manufacturer and posting here I would politely say something like

"we would like to use this forum to keep our customers informed and keep a personal line of communication with the community. However, this is the Internet and often a message can be lost in the conversation, so, while we welcome input through the process, if we folks are a disruption in the process we will ignore their posts and continue with the conversation and updates. If you feel we are ignoring your posts and that you have real concerns as a customer, please email or call us directly and as always we will be happy to help you. In this way we can keep the various conversations as close to on topic as we can without getting into the personal conflicts that are so common with public forums. We thank you for your patience and understanding with our methods."

make that your first post for any thread on a particular topic and then simply remind people of that when you get the typical troll like comments.

#3340 4 years ago

And therein lies the trouble at times with posting updates. But one thing I do like is that Rick continues to post. if I were a manufacturer and posting here I would politely say something like
"we would like to use this forum to keep our customers informed and keep a personal line of communication with the community. However, this is the Internet and often a message can be lost in the conversation, so, while we welcome input through the process, if we folks are a disruption in the process we will ignore their posts and continue with the conversation and updates. If you feel we are ignoring your posts and that you have real concerns as a customer, please email or call us directly and as always we will be happy to help you. In this way we can keep the various conversations as close to on topic as we can without getting into the personal conflicts that are so common with public forums. We thank you for your patience and understanding with our methods."
make that your first post for any thread on a particular topic and then simply remind people of that when you get the typical troll like comments.

I couldn't help but smile at our two posts being parallel to one another (regarding Rick) but with a completely different take away.

#3341 4 years ago

Yeah, and that's the beauty of the Internet people can agree on many points but completely see the same thing from different perspectives (which is also I'm sure why we see so much different conflict on forums at times). For the most part, I see the same types of conversations and issues on many many forums. Some forums are almost immune to it though (those generally tend to not have sales threads or interact with manufacturers) and even then you still see an occasional conflict between individuals.

from my prospective, anything that encourages a manufacturer / company to keep a dialog open with the community would be great, though they must understand that they will need to take the good with the bad and that when they interact online they will have to be above the petty conflicts that come up (which can be very hard not to step into)

#3342 4 years ago

It's really not that complicated. I sell things on Pinside, and I don't get into huge fights with people. Spooky sells games on Pinside, no drama. Laseriffic, Hooked, etc etc.

It just takes a little communication and understanding. The drama happens when you hide things, you don't keep your word, you go silent.

Rick's his own worst enemy. I'm still getting pissed off emails from him over posting his MMr photos. Accusing me of committing a crime etc.

Think about that for a moment. Someone who was happy to sell Pinsiders $8,000 games is freaking out that pictures he took of them being made are available to those same people. That's how petty this is.

Somehow I'm not shocked that someone with that kind of personality has drama on a forum.

My take is simple: If you're happy to be hear when people are lining up to stuff cash in your pockets then you should be happy to be here for those people later when they have questions.

Rick, Kevin, Barry, whoever.

#3343 4 years ago

Yeah but for the most part your projects are fairly strait forward and your a one man operation. Companies that have a lot of stuff going don't always have a clear concise way to address an issue becuase they haven't decided which course to take (usually due to too many cooks in the kitchen). Spooky seems to have it well taken care of. I must admit though I don't read through his stuff too much merely because it just doesn't appeal to me much (perhaps the next title will though).

But those companies that do a great job should be an inspiration to the companies that seem to struggle. And I agree, the situation with the photos could've been handled much better, even if rick didn't like what you did he could have simply thanked you for sharing them here and moved on. My only guess is that he wants to keep information special for PPS forum and direct some traffic there. It makes sense to have ones own forum to control the message and keep a flo of information in your control, though pinside has been around for ages and it's not going to change so at some point companies and people need to cater to that audience. Part of that is manning up and communicating when there's an issue and then learning not to make an issue when you have good news

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's really not that complicated. I sell things on Pinside, and I don't get into huge fights with people. Spooky sells games on Pinside, no drama. Laseriffic, Hooked, etc etc.
It just takes a little communication and understanding. The drama happens when you hide things, you don't keep your word, you go silent.
Rick's his own worst enemy. I'm still getting pissed off emails from him over posting his MMr photos. Accusing me of committing a crime etc.
Think about that for a moment. Someone who was happy to sell Pinsiders $8,000 games is freaking out that pictures he took of them being made are available to those same people. That's how petty this is.
Somehow I'm not shocked that someone with that kind of personality has drama on a forum.
My take is simple: If you're happy to be hear when people are lining up to stuff cash in your pockets then you should be happy to be here for those people later when they have questions.
Rick, Kevin, Barry, whoever.

Couldn't agree more.

And please tell me Rick didn't really use the word "crime" in an email he sent to you regarding the pictures of MMr that you posted?!

Own worst enemy indeed.

#3345 4 years ago

What is it with some people who run pinball companies?

#3346 4 years ago

Rick even posted in that thread that pictures were coming soon. He has no problem posting on Pinside to alert everyone to go to his site, or to buy a new product that he is coming out with. When he then complains that he can't post pictures because of some people here It is insulting. He sure has no problem with those people when he needs new business. I can say that he has lost one customer because of his actions and I'm sure there are others. I say if you want to post only to your site fine, but then don't post on here at all.

#3347 4 years ago

From a business standpoint it makes sense to try and direct traffic and your message to your own site, but if you do so you really need to be able to communicate effectively. A smarter oprion would've been to post up a few photos and simply say, for more photos and notes on my trip please refer to our forum thread. but again it's really all about how you relay your message, you could be ghandi and if your preaching your wisdom with an attitude it'll go nowhere

#3348 4 years ago

I simply cannot explain it. Here is Rick, finally at his freaking moment of triumph. All the delays and doubts and bullshit, and he has photos of Medieval F-ing Madness remakes on the line, and he's furious that someone posted them where all his customers (and potential customers) could see them.

Then after he seems to wise up and let it go days later he starts emailing me again, and tried to call me.

Robin can take them down if that's what he wants, I'm not doing it. This is Robin's site, not Rick's.

Can you imagine any other pinball company being mad that we're posting pictures of their games, in a positive manner no less? It beggars the imagination's ability to conjure rationality.

Here, to keep this on topic, here's another blatant copyright crime:

tbl_home.png

#3349 4 years ago

since i brought up the question earlier, and was mistaken.. it does look like they've improved the keyline text in the bottom inserts. I remember, when lit, those red inserts would totally wash out the text.

Before:
x10.jpg
After:
after.jpg

oh and the left one now went from "It's Zero" to "Mark it Zero" .. must of rethought that / looks duplicated with the let's go bowling saucer (I think it's a saucer right?)

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can you imagine any other pinball company being mad that we're posting pictures of their games,

Hey... there's one "pinball company" that wont even post pictures of their game THEMSELVES!
Or even speak the words....

Another one is chronically allergic-ish to telling the truth...

So, expecting "normal" when it comes to these start-up pinball ventures seems unreasonable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside