Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 77.
#3251 4 years ago

While seeing playfield art mockups and approval is cool, I'd like to see an example of some real infrastructure to DP as a company. Do they have a factory? Manufacturing equipment? Assembly line? Trained laborers? Service dept?

It seems like they are announcing the delivery of hundreds/thousands of machines beginning Q2 in 2015, but I'm not seeing exactly how that's going to happen.

I'm not going to pre-order a TBL no matter what, but I may order one...when they're being built and shipping to happy owners. I'm already sold on the machine itself, but not the company...

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah I think people are imagining the people's faces being different? The rendering we have today is from solid works or something vs real game has inserts behind / back lit that I think change the visual?

It's the same faces, but they looked lightly filtered before. But honestly I'm going off memory at this point, it's been months since I've seen game in person. This is a license thing, DP can't change it, so it just is what it is. It doesn't ruin anything, just a pity it couldn't be more illustrated. So it goes!

#3253 4 years ago

Don what's your plan for prioritizing deposit refunds? Squeakiest wheel, or are you going in some particular order?

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

infrastructure to DP as a company. Do they have a factory? Manufacturing equipment?

We already know they have this set up. Nothing there yet but in place.

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

You're kidding right?

My post was in response to another post about the time difference:

Quoted from sd_tom:

I would guess 10pm their time (so 1pm PST? 4pm EST) is prob your cut off time if its not coming today.

My previous comment had mentioned the time difference and even mentioned it would probably be 4 - 5 hours...

At any rate playfield is looking good. And I agree aurich, from a design point seeing illustrated work and then those photoshopped faces it is different but my guess is people will be fine with it once this finally gets to production

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

While seeing playfield art mockups and approval is cool, I'd like to see an example of some real infrastructure to DP as a company. Do they have a factory? Manufacturing equipment? Assembly line? Trained laborers? Service dept?

They're outsourcing the build (with their management of the process), the factory and equipment already exist.

I honestly still think everyone will see their game, if they can just manage to not lose all their customers before they build them.

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There absolutely needs to be a mode that reveals the jackie treehorn doodle as you progress or something.

This could be integrated into the match feature...

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

but I may order one...when they're being built and shipping to happy owners. I'm already sold on the machine itself, but not the company...

Awesome Mechslave...I'll be looking forward to talking with you when you're ready.

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're outsourcing the build (with their management of the process), the factory and equipment already exist.
I honestly still think everyone will see their game, if they can just manage to not lose all their customers before they build them.

Where can I see recent photos of the factory, manufacturing equipment and assembly line?

Who are they outsourcing it to, and has this outsourced company ever manufactured pinball machines before?

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

We already know they have this set up. Nothing there yet but in place.

We do? How do we know this? Link to photos?

#3260 4 years ago

There was photos and video of them at the factory in the Netherlands. It's a third party manufacturer.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Awesome Mechslave...I'll be looking forward to talking with you when you're ready.

Sounded like it's more an issue of when DP is ready!

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Ozno...this is Don. Please pm me your information, I will personally handle your refund request when we are authorized to do so. In your PM please supply me with your Name and order number.

It says you've joined the team of DP USA along with Jeff. So payments in the future will continue to be made to DP USA?

#3263 4 years ago

No mention of whether the cabinet art and backglass were approved or needed change?

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No mention of whether the cabinet art and backglass were approved or needed change?

Not sure about the cab, though with no actors on it I don't anticipate any issues, but I believe the translite has already been approved.

#3265 4 years ago

I actually like the new playfield a lot better: love the new dream sequence woman, the big chunky mobile phone is cool, as is the briefcase. They could have just taken the unapproved stuff out but instead they replaced it with really good material from the movie. I think the faces look fine and the way they dealt with the Kahlua bottle is very clever.

I feel that with this update they are heading back in the direction of the Dutch Pinball we knew before the crisis, which was a company producing beautiful, no-compromise work.

Also, Don is Burningman! A pinsider who has had a lot of passion for this project from the start. Awesome, things are looking up!

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

kbliznick said:
You're kidding right?

Quoted from anubis2night:

My post was in response to another post about the time difference:

Ok, so you weren't kidding.

You don't know the difference between The Dutch and The Danish.

The Dutch live in the Netherlands (sometimes referred to Holland, which is actually only 2 of their provinces). They speak Dutch, they call themselves Nederlanders or Hollanders. Not sure where them being called Dutch originates. But kind of like how the Germans call themselves Deutsch, but we call them Germans and the French call them Allemands .

The Danish live in Denmark, capital city Copenhagen. Part of Scandinavia. They speak Danish, not sure what they call themselves. Danish are also tasty breakfast pastries.

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not sure about the cab, though with no actors on it I don't anticipate any issues, but I believe the translite has already been approved.

I believe the Translite is where they really filtered the photos of the actors to try and give them a painted look. Curious to see if that got changed back to straight photos.

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Go back a page or two
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/64#post-2228088

#3269 4 years ago

Pf faces just look a little brighter, but that could be due to bring front lit rather than backlit. Pics are from the proto.

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

I believe the Translite is where they really filtered the photos of the actors to try and give them a painted look. Curious to see if that got changed back to straight photos.

Should be fine. Yes, it was filtered, but they did it in several stages, showing their work so to speak, with a long back and forth with the studio over it, and ultimately cleared it. So unless something has changed it should be safe.

#3271 4 years ago

Red inserts at bottom look about the same. Didn't those get washed out a bit to those that played it at expo when lit?

#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

New Dutch Pinball team members
Jeff and Don joined the team of Dutch Pinball USA, Inc. to help us in the transition of the company.

Hey, it's Jeff and Don from the Pinball Podcast.

http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/

Welcome aboard, guys!

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

aeonblack and ozno, I truly hope you were in before machine 200

Couldn't tell you what my machine # was, but I did my first two deposits back in July. But, regardless of that, what machine # you have shouldn't determine when or if you can get a refund if you request one. If you want a refund, you should get one, and you should get one in a timely manner, no questions asked. Plain and simple.

It's also nice to see all the downvote brigade of DP apologists are still out in full force. You can downvote the concerns of myself (and others) all you want, but it doesn't make our concerns any less valid.

I'm glad to see Don chiming in here, the first "official" DP presence here in almost 2 months. But, quite frankly, more promises (as opposed to more action) from DP, whether official or not, does nothing for me. I'm tired of hearing what DP is going to do about these refunds, talk is cheap. I wanted my money out of DP initially because I was worried the machine would not make it to production. I'm sure the game will be produced now, and NOW I want my money out because I no longer want to support a company like DP. If they would have dealt with all these problems in a more timely manner and provided the actual verified customers with more information along the way, then maybe they wouldn't have burned their bridges with me. Too little, too late.

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Couldn't tell you what my machine # was, but I did my first two deposits back in July. But, regardless of that, what machine # you have shouldn't determine when or if you can get a refund if you request one. If you want a refund, you should get one, and you should get one in a timely manner, no questions asked. Plain and simple.
It's also nice to see all the downvote brigade of DP apologists are still out in full force. You can downvote the concerns of myself (and others) all you want, but it doesn't make our concerns any less valid.
I'm glad to see Don chiming in here, the first "official" DP presence here in almost 2 months. But, quite frankly, more promises (as opposed to more action) from DP, whether official or not, does nothing for me. I'm tired of hearing what DP is going to do about these refunds, talk is cheap. I wanted my money out of DP initially because I was worried the machine would not make it to production. I'm sure the game will be produced now, and NOW I want my money out because I no longer want to support a company like DP. If they would have dealt with all these problems in a more timely manner and provided the actual verified customers with more information along the way, then maybe they wouldn't have burned their bridges with me. Too little, too late.

I am positive they are gonna miss you!

#3275 4 years ago

keep-calm-i-am-the-don.png
#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

If you can't stand the heat, you never should have come close to the kitchen...

#3277 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am positive they are gonna miss you!

They won't miss me on a personal level, no, as I've never met any of them. But, I'm sure they are going to miss my money. If they don't, then that's all the more reason for me to get out, because they clearly don't value me as a customer.

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

If you can't stand the heat, you never should have come close to the kitchen...

"Will I get my money back if I want to cancel my order?

Yes, you will receive a full refund if you cancel your order. Please note that since we are shipping on a first-come, first-serve basis, if you do cancel your order, you will lose your place in the production line."

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/faq

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The DP website STILL says that deposits are refundable.

But no mention of time frame...

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

But no mention of time frame...

Yeah. That's really <not> legal.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Yeah. That's really <not> legal.

Neither is pot in most states...

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Neither is pot in most states...

I'm missing how the two relate. One is a misdemeanor and the other is a felony.

#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

They won't miss me on a personal level, no, as I've never met any of them. But, I'm sure they are going to miss my money. If they don't, then that's all the more reason for me to get out, because they clearly don't value me as a customer.

You come off as one of those customers nobody wants to have though.. Like my mother in law that freaks out at a pizza joint cause the food takes too long to come out and demands the entire dinner be comped from the manager.

Shit happens.. You have no idea what hoops they have had to jump through to get to this point. If you were just complaining about the communication you wouldn't be getting all the thumbs down/ that's a fair criticism

#3284 4 years ago

Great update. Can someone from the company publicly state that the dpusa payments will 100% be applied to any purchases? It seems like that keeps getting avoided. I just would appreciate someone stating that no matter what happens with dpusa, that our money will be credited to a purchase of a machine, even if dp can not recoup the funds.

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

But, regardless of that, what machine # you have shouldn't determine when or if you can get a refund if you request one.

I believe his comment was made hoping your's and Ozno's number was before his and his machine number would move up when you two moved out.

Quoted from aeonblack:

It's also nice to see all the downvote brigade of DP apologists are still out in full force.

Yep. Exactly as the Fanboy Phil Club has done.

Quoted from aeonblack:

I want my money out because I no longer want to support a company like DP.

Completely understandable and I'm certain you're not alone. I agree DP hurt themselves in may different ways. We'll see what the future holds.

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You come off as one of those customers nobody wants to have though.. Like my mother in law that freaks out at a pizza joint cause the food takes too long to come out and demands the entire dinner be comped.

And you come off as someone who judges people without even knowing them. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks of me, people can think what they want. But, I'm presenting rational thoughts and issues on the machine, positive and negative, and I'm getting personally insulted because of my thoughts. I think that says more about people like you than it does about people like me.

I don't think any of my complaints, or anyone elses complaints, even come close to the comparison you just made. I would say a better comparison would be: "My mother in law ordered a pizza a year in advance, and to ensure getting the pizza put down a deposit. She was really excited for the pizza, but then found out from the waiter that the pizza may not ever get made and it was also possible there were no toppings. When she asked for a refund of her deposit so she could go get a pizza somewhere else, the owner just stood at the till with a blank face doing nothing. When she asked him, repeatedly, to give her her deposit he just shrugged and said he was working on it and continued to stand there blank faced. Meanwhile, other people who were waiting for their pizzas just kept insulting her, despite her concerns. Then the owner hired some new waiters."

Doesn't that sound a little more accurate, within the space of your mother-in-law and her pizza analogy?

#3287 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You come off as one of those customers nobody wants to have though.. Like my mother in law that freaks out at a pizza joint cause the food takes too long to come out and demands the entire dinner be comped from the manager.

He's not asking for a free machine

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

To be honest, at this point I would get a refund even if they said to me "your game is ready". I'm done with their bullshit. Any company that treats customers in this manner doesn't deserve my business. If I ask for a refund don't tell me "we're looking into it" or "we're sorting it out" or any other cop out bullshit answer; just give me a refund. I don't care if they have to take that money from their kids college fund or suck dicks in an alley to get me money, just get it. I don't care where the money comes from, as long as it goes to me. Right on the order page it says "deposits are fully refundable". If they don't plan to abide by that rule when going into business, then don't put it right on the order page. When you go into business YOU take the risk, and if you're passing the buck on that down to your customers to cover your own ass, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

This is the attitude that told me all I need to know about you.

Also its called an analogy for a reason.. jesus

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

He's not asking for a free machine

Sorry I didn't spell it out. Its an attitude.. Its the "I don't give a shit about your problems as long as I get mine.. That's what I was getting at.

#3290 4 years ago

People here keep acting as though the communication issues the company has is okay. It's not and that's the whole point many of us including aeonblack are trying to make. Stop giving them a by on the communication. It's cheap and easy for them to do and it will give them the largest benefit. Ie see my prior post. Your okay with them not confirming that dp will stand by all payments to dpusa? Wtf

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sorry I didn't spell it out. Its an attitude.. I don't give a shit about your problems as long as I get mine.. That's what I was getting at.

Wow. Just wow.

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

This is the attitude that told me all I need to know about you.
Also its called an analogy for a reason.. jesus

And I stand by my statements. I understand what you were getting at, and I get why you feel the way you do about me, but if you're going to use an analogy, use one that makes sense and at least makes sense in the context of events that have happened. But, whatever.

#3293 4 years ago

Yes whatever hope you and everyone else gets refunds! I don't take any issue with that or complaining about the communication. All valid.

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Shhhhhhh. Don't tell Phil.

Quoted from Mr68:

Yep. Exactly as the Fanboy Phil Club has done.

In the past week, you are the only person in this thread who has been mentioning Phil. Most of us have moved on from that discussion, and it looks like DP is attempting to as well. Please let it go.

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

In the past week, you are the only person in this thread who has been mentioning Phil. Most of us have moved on from that discussion, and it looks like DP is attempting to as well. Please let it go.

Two comments? Really?

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sorry I didn't spell it out. Its an attitude.. I don't give a shit about your problems as long as I get mine.. That's what I was getting at.

So he has to feel sorry for DP because he gave them thousands of dollars and they won't/can't give it back; and you get to be belligerent to him for being upset? You'll forgive me but I'll probably forget about that because it doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm pulling for DP to get their ducks in a row but if I had thousands still tied up with them I would be irate.

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

People here keep acting as though the communication issues the company has is okay.

Nope. Want this resolved as fast as possible. I do believe that DP does as well though.

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Nope. Want this resolved as fast as possible. I do believe that DP does as well though.

I'm sure they do, they just don't show it. It's refreshing to see someone from the company here speaking as well as the progress they made, however why hold it all in and blow your load once every few months. Given their track record, give people info as it comes in. I think that would go a long way.

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Two comments? Really?

Two comments is more than anyone else, and I have little doubt more would be on their way. And referring to people as the "Fanboy Phil Club" is just another way to get people rehashing an old argument.

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I'm sure they do, they just don't show it. It's refreshing to see someone from the company here speaking as well as the progress they made, however why hold it all in and blow your load once every few months. Given their track record, give people info as it comes in. I think that would go a long way.

Absolutely. Good news, bad news, no news....whatever, just give me updates. I might have even stayed onboard if Barry could have done a simple gesture of dropping in here once every few days, or once a week, to keep us updated and answer questions and concerns. The concerns some of us have are concerns that affect all of us, not just those seeking refunds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside