Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 77.
#3151 4 years ago

One more sleep and we get some info from Barry.

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

One idea is to change the White Russian glass out and put a receptacle with a white Russian coloured fluid in there and have a sensor on the side of the glass to sense when the drink rides up the glass due to shaking the game and use that as the tilt mech. Clearly the 'glass' would need a clear cover on it to keep the fluid inside, and could have a piece of clear plastic floating in there as ice... The height of the fluid would set the tilt sensitivity... Warning clip: 'Careful man, there's a beverage here!'
Post edited by pinballslave: Refined so it's actually doable.

What a mod!!! That lid better be good as you know you will forget about the mod, lift the playfield and have drink all over the game!!!

#3153 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

That lid better be good as you know you will forget about the mod, lift the playfield and have drink all over the game!!!

The idea is that the 'lid' is not removable, it's part of the glass... it's basically a sealed container... it's probably not a viable/practical design, more of an impractical idea... Still, would be cool though...

#3154 4 years ago

I got an authentic Folger's can of the right era. I don't know what to do with it exactly other put it on top as a topper.

It was hard to find the right can from the movie as they have all been plastic now for years. I found a guy on eBay selling Folgers cans and found the right one for $12, $8 shipping.. Yeah I paid $20 for an empty can of coffee. Its sorta nuts though what is out there in this world of ours to purchase . The only thing that is off is that in the movie the lid is blue, yet don't think Folger's lids were ever blue.

walterwithfolgerscanofdonnysashes.jpg
#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Folgers cans and found the right one for $12, $8 shipping.. Yeah I paid $20 for an empty can of coffee.

Pretty cheap for a cool topper!

#3156 4 years ago

If you could somehow rig up the internals from a Whirlwind topper to it you'd really be on to something

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I found a guy on eBay selling Folgers cans and found the right one for $12, $8 shipping..

eBay here I come!! So why did you buy this if you weren't planning to use it as a topper for this game?

Quoted from Erik:

If you could somehow rig up the internals from a Whirlwind topper to it you'd really be on to something

You mean you get to the wizard mode, the fan turns on, and you blow a load of ash all over the room... cool!!

#3158 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This alone would make the pin worth it.

#3159 4 years ago

eBay here I come!! So why did you buy this if you weren't planning to use it as a topper for this game?

I bought it to make a photo for the DP Facebook contest to win a pre-production playfield*.
https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball/photos/pb.145510835545078.-2207520000.1423151809./668347329928090/?type=3&theater

With the idea of putting it on top of the machine; which I will do. Anything more like making it light up or blow donny's ashes all over people while playing would just be a bonus

* Given this shitstorm I'm sure all pre-production playfields will be required to be burned in a fire, placed into coffee cans and committed to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean

#3160 4 years ago

One idea is to change the White Russian glass out and put a receptacle with a white Russian coloured fluid in there and have a sensor on the side of the glass to sense when the drink rides up the glass due to shaking the game and use that as the tilt mech. Clearly the 'glass' would need a clear cover on it to keep the fluid inside, and could have a piece of clear plastic floating in there as ice... The height of the fluid would set the tilt sensitivity... Warning clip: 'Careful man, there's a beverage here!'
Post edited by pinballslave: Refined so it's actually doable.

Super cool idea about liquid in the glass but I think it could be simplified. Keep the tilt where it belongs and make one of these...

51zXokCbSNL.jpg

The liquid is in the sidewalls and will give the illusion of sloshing around when playing the machine. A White Russian's opacity is quite high and should work well.

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Not holding my breath...

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

"Building pinball machines is hard"

"We're working on it"

You're welcome :p

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

Super cool idea about liquid in the glass but I think it could be simplified. Keep the tilt where it belongs and make one of these...

This had crossed my mind too... but finding one with the right glass shape and liquid colour would be a bit of a nightmare... still, would be an easy mod if you could find it

#3164 4 years ago

I forget. But the little star things on the bowling alley on the upper playfield... did they light up? If not I know what I am gonna do.

#3165 4 years ago

Good catch! Yeah I can't find any stars lit up stuff.. Just the building lights.
big-lebowski-pinball-7.jpg

#3166 4 years ago

Looking at the weathing on that building I guess they look ok unlit, maybe make one flicker like its on its last leg.

#3167 4 years ago

That would be sweet. They still could be lit in the final I guess as well but If not, definitely something to look into

#3168 4 years ago

While speaking the guys from DP a while ago there was mentioned those stars would be lit...

- Hope that makes it in the final version!

#3169 4 years ago

The idea is that the 'lid' is not removable, it's part of the glass... it's basically a sealed container... it's probably not a viable/practical design, more of an impractical idea... Still, would be cool though...

Got to have fake ice cubes too.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I got an authentic Folger's can of the right era. I don't know what to do with it exactly other put it on top as a topper.

Classic!!

#3171 4 years ago

I've been contacted by a couple people today about Folger's cans. You are looking for a 39oz can. These were phased out for plastic in 2003... so you're not going to find one easily unfortunately. However, there seems to be a market for them on Ebay.. however as of today, there's none of the right style.

The guy I bought mine from in July does have one for sale currently, but it's breakfast blend and is only 34.5 oz so wholly inadequate as a modest receptical.

ebay.com link » Folgers Coffee Tin Breakfast Blend 34 5 Oz Paper Wrapped

#3172 4 years ago

Sleep tight everyone hopefully some New shit will come to light tomorrow

#3173 4 years ago

It's already Friday in the Netherlands.
Nothing yet.

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sleep tight everyone hopefully some New shit will come to light tomorrow

Is it me, or did Jimmy Kimmel come across as a condescending ass-hole to anyone else...?

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Good catch! Yeah I can't find any stars lit up stuff.. Just the building lights.

By the way, that building on the upper playfield looks like it's incredibly well done... have they put in stain marks on the walls under the stars to simulate the look of rain staining the brickwork as it drips off them??? If so, that's what I call attention to detail!!

#3176 4 years ago

Hoping for nothing but great news on all things Lebowski today!

#3177 4 years ago

logjammin 2.JPG
#3178 4 years ago

Its Friiiiidayyyyy....

#3179 4 years ago

More importantly, Denmark is 9 hours ahead (6 hours if on the east coast) if new shit is coming to light we should hear about it within the next 4 - 5 hours.

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

logjammin 2.JPG 33 KB

Isn't that shot of Peter Stormare from Fargo?

#3181 4 years ago

Where is the new shit coming to light?

#3183 4 years ago

What happens when no letter is emailed out? Not saying it will but then dp will really have some upset people.

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

What happens when no letter is emailed out? Not saying it will but then dp will really have some upset people.

As if they don't already ...

#3185 4 years ago

What happens if the letter comes out and explains how all the refund requesters get their refunds?
I guess will have to wait and see.

#3186 4 years ago

Well it's approaching 4:00 pm Netherlands time.
I guess Pinballslave was fed some misinformation.

#3187 4 years ago

I would guess 10pm their time (so 1pm PST? 4pm EST) is prob your cut off time if its not coming today.

#3188 4 years ago

Was this newsletter actually confirmed by DP to be out today?

as far as i could read here it was a rumour from a reliable source, not confirmed.. before anyone else drives yet another nail into DP's coffin for misleading folks again.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Heard from a reliable source that New Shit news letter should be out this Friday at some point.

This is where rumor started for me. If he's wrong, yes its a disservice to DP to be setting expectations of them when they have enough PR problems at the moment.

#3190 4 years ago

It's currently 4:16 pm in Denmark

#3191 4 years ago

image-105.jpg

#3192 4 years ago

Yes It was me that first Said a Newsletterwoukd be out today. It was from a reliable source, close to the company. The day is not over yet, but I too will be disappointed if one doesn't come out today.

#3193 4 years ago

No matter your position on the whole DP situation, it is undeniable that the communication has suffered greatly since Phil left. I'm also hoping for a NSNL today, but I honestly won't be surprised if I receive nothing.

#3194 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I guess Pinballslave was fed some misinformation.

Well, I wasn't told for sure that it would be today that we would get a NSN, but I did have the distinct feeling it would be... I was sure it would be, but now I'm getting less sure

Still, the day is not over... but I have to say that I would have expected to see something by now if it WAS going to come today...

#3195 4 years ago

And here it is:

We can look back on a period of achievement, on challenges met, competitors bested, obstacles overcome. It sure wasn’t easy all the time but we will come out stronger.

That’s what makes us men.
That and a pair of testicles.

We are pleased to present to you a new NSN with some good news!

Playfield approved!

We are very happy to announce that, with the tremendous help of Roger Sharpe, we now have the approvals for all of the artwork. We are very proud to present to you the final playfield of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!

If it wasn’t for this damn brand of coffee liqueur we would have had all licenses for the artwork

New Dutch Pinball team members

Jeff and Don joined the team of Dutch Pinball USA, Inc. to help us in the transition of the company. All official paperwork has been submitted to the IRS and our Paypal partners and we expect to hear from them again any day now. As soon as we have authorization we will be sending out more information regarding the refund process. We take this very seriously and looking forward to resolving the last couple of issues that are outstanding.

Jeff is a CPA and CGMA, with 27 years of accounting and business advisory services, supporting operations through cash flow management, business growth planning, sales forecasting and expectation review. Jeff’s decision to join Dutch Pinball was an easy one - it’s a whole new game!

Don brings 25 years of experience in risk management and policy holder retention. In the service industry, customer service is the trade. Don has a no-nonsense approach to customer service and operations. Being a Pinhead since the age of 14, he is excited to join the Dutch Pinball team.

"Ya see? Nothing is f*cked up here Dude. Nothing is f*cked."

Production updates

We have not been sitting on our hands and have been testing the rugtoy and the bowlingalley. The results are good! We also sent out all Bride of Pinbot 2.0 kits and got real nice feedback. Thank you so much for that.

We now are busy preparing the production process and we are still on track to start delivering the first TBL’s in Q2 2015.

We will keep you posted!

Team Dutch Pinball

3e428cc9-1a38-488f-a8fc-910cc8830366.jpg
8e4671ec-6506-49bf-b88c-7a102fbcc140.jpg

#3196 4 years ago

and there you have it playfield 100% approved! nice!

#3197 4 years ago

Hell yeah!

#3198 4 years ago

98738ab0-0c60-4e00-b14f-a74976c047f3.jpg
#3199 4 years ago

Qhat a nice way to wake up in the morning! cue the negative ones! I think they are well on their way taking care of the business and this address' what it should have long ago. Lets hope with Don on board we will get information on a timely basis. I for one took the risk, and yes not over, however I'm glad I did.

#3200 4 years ago

I'm curious - to those that saw the 'pre-approved' field - has anything changed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside