tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 77.
#3101 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

In before the lock

No lock here, this is the 318th time people have insulted each other in this thread. Some is productive talk, the rest is just frustrations boiling over, it happens when money is involved. It is quite impressive how many posts there are tho with still 0 zero actual results.

Hopefully soon, I have a good feeling!

#3102 9 years ago

lebowski4.jpglebowski4.jpg

Plungemaster, please let it go... Saying that with love as someone still in, and still excited about the game but doesn't feel the need to provoke those that feel differently.. Its justified.

DP plays by the "No news until Good news" playbook for better or worse.. See lack of communication on BOP2.0 (yet, games are arriving on people's doorsteps as we speak). In contrast go look at MMR threads where Rick tries to stay engaged but is torn apart on every word. Just different strategies... A strategy that prob sucks for this cluster of a situation for those wanting refunds.

#3103 9 years ago

Anyone knows if DP Europe is issuing refunds for their europeans customers or is the problem only with DP USA ?

#3104 9 years ago

Well, at least the folks that preordered their BOP 2.0 Kits have started getting them in. This is encouraging, and hopefully the folks here that want their deposits back will hear something soon as well

#3105 9 years ago

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

For those that missed it as it was released within a few days of this shit show.. PAPA video of the game:
http://papa.org/2014/12/12/big-lebowski-pinball-machine-by-dutch-pinball/

If you want to vent at someone and getting tired of doing it here, bitch at the two guys that posted comments to the PAPA video that they disliked using licensed songs! WTF

#3106 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

It's a shame that simple communication would elevate the majority of the problems in this case.

Quoted from sd_tom:

In contrast go look at MMR threads where Rick tries to stay engaged but is torn apart on every word.

Quoted from sd_tom:

DP plays by the "No news until Good news" playbook for better or worse

Quoted from sd_tom:

Just different strategies...

#3107 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

For those that missed it as it was released within a few days of this shit show.. PAPA video of the game:
http://papa.org/2014/12/12/big-lebowski-pinball-machine-by-dutch-pinball/
If you want to vent at someone and getting tired of doing it here, bitch at the two guys that posted comments to the PAPA video that they disliked using licensed songs! WTF

What??? The music makes this game awesome!

#3108 9 years ago

@sd_tom :
Those guys who comment the use of songs in pinball have indeed a GOOD point. It really had my approval if DP would integrated such idea on TBL!

And BTW... They clearly do NOT comment on the fact licensed songs are used as you suggest! But just the way how...

#3109 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

@sd_tom :
Those guys who comment the use of songs in pinball have indeed a GOOD point. It really had my approval if DP would integrated such idea on TBL!
And BTW... They clearly do NOT comment on the fact licensed songs are used as you suggest! But just the way how...

So what you're saying then is that you're one of the two posters . They suggested there should be some 8bit midi file until the real song is unlocked.. I think thats ridiculous. Its not like your sitting their paying attention to the music the whole time.. You're playing pinball.. The music is a key backdrop of the movie.. Some midi "jingle" interpretation of the music, especially if the real songs are available is silly. They've indicated the game will be a progression through the movie.. So its not like songs will be available at all times.. So not even like ACDC where you pick.. Plus whenever I walk up to an ACDC the music instantly puts a smile on my face and better mood. Does anyone hate playing their acdc cause the music is repetitive?

I would be surprised if those two guys even get/enjoy the theme.

#3110 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Does anyone hate playing their acdc cause the music is repetitive?

Hate isn't the word I would use. But yes, the music gets old. I avoid certain modes because of the song that will play. This was a real question I had before I bought ACDC. All pinball has music, right? I've never been tired of hearing music on any other machine I own.

#3111 9 years ago

Fair enough, I guess so what do you do? Not have games with songs? Have acoustic only versions? Would think TBL has a couple things going for it to help here (without inventing some scheme to hide the licensed songs like the papa commenter suggested)

List of songs:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club#post-2174642

1) the music is all across the board in style (so not overly monotonous).. Realizing the code is alpha here so may be using the same song too much since the modes that would be associated with a lot of songs are missing

2) from expo talk (by Phil) you progress through scenes of the movie.. I.e., the music may be progressive in that you're going to hear new stuff as you get to it.. Vs acdc.. All songs are available cause the modes are all available.

3) some of even the licensed songs are non vocal plus there's room for filler music (bop2.0 has non licensed tracks that seem cool), plus one of the DP guys on their website is an audio guy.

4) its beaglebone and proc based.. If sharp guys can build a pinball browser for stern, me thinks you can probably ruin your TBL with poor music choices on your own

I guess I had a strong reaction to the papa comments in the 'let's hide the songs with crappy versions you have to earn" - some of us are not pinball gods I want my game to boot up, play tumbling tumbleweeds dammit!

#3112 9 years ago

Yup! Hate the idea of hiding the songs .

#3113 9 years ago

No, I do agree with you. I want those songs ( the real versions) in the game. I'll still question whether I'll tire of them, but I definitely want them there. You're right that the whole soundtrack complements the theme, perfectly.

#3114 9 years ago

New shit has come to light?

Sorry, just like to say this

#3115 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

4) its beaglebone and proc based.. If sharp guys can build a pinball browser for stern, me thinks you can probably ruin your TBL with poor music choices on your own
I guess I had a strong reaction to the papa comments in the 'let's hide the songs with crappy versions you have to earn" - some of us are not pinball gods I want my game to boot up, play tumbling tumbleweeds dammit!

Fact check. It's not a beaglebone running this game, it wouldn't have enough ram and processing to do the 192x96 video on the LCD panel. They are probably going to use the same small computer they used in the BOP 2.0 kits. P-ROC is correct though Replacing music is simple on any of the p-roc games since they are single audio files that can be replaced.

#3116 9 years ago

I just want to add that US BOP 2.0 kits are starting to arrive. DP is shipping product.

#3117 9 years ago

Pretty sure you will not be able to change the music on TBL. It's going to be encrypted with some kind of DRM. It's P-ROC, so you could swap out the hard drive and write your own code from scratch, but short of breaking the DRM it's not going to be "replace audio file".

That's just part and parcel with doing a licensed title.

#3118 9 years ago

I bought a Pinsound board for my Judge Dredd specifically because of the "getting bored of the music" argument. Keep all the other sounds from the game and just change the music, easy peasy. Change it out relatively easily whenever I feel like it. I don't know why all new game manufacturers are not making it easier to do that. Maybe not to the extent of Pinsound, but even just letting me change the songs to whatever I want would be great.

#3119 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But why try to do that in a thread titled "DP USA Refund"? People talking about refunds (and DP's failure to honor its promise to provide refunds upon request) belong in this thread. General discussion about the game and its development would fit better in one of the other TBL threads (which you could help revive, since all the TBL talk for the past few months seems to have been about the DP USA catastrophe).

Technically, this thread is about someone who got a refund, but didnt request it and wants the game still.

At least thats what I got from the Ops title and post.

#3120 9 years ago

From the OP: "Just received a full refund from Phil for my pre-order that I did not request. Still would like the game. DP - please advise. "

#3121 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

From the OP: "Just received a full refund from Phil for my pre-order that I did not request. Still would like the game. DP - please advise. "

Presumably JDinNOVA is still waiting for direction on when / where to send money. Others who paid in DPUSA and have outstanding requests for a refund, are awaiting direction on when / where their monies will be issued. A confirmed pinhead with an interest in your product arranges an out-of-country visit to factory to play TBL and talk pinball with a partner, gets stood up and is now awaiting direction on when / what kind of apology will be issued. Meantime its nothing but crickets by DP on Pinside.

DP, all of these examples show bad form. These were avoidable and did not need to play out in a public forum, yet each needs to be addressed and resolved now. Seven weeks have passed, what are you going to do? The lawyers have undoubtedly recommended against using this forum to discuss the matter. Unfortunately, a bunch of pinhead have funds tied up in a product that was advertised as fully refundable, and which evidently was not.

Most people want to know that their funds are safe or want to have access to their funds now. You have succeeded in uniting people in one concensus - we want answers and to understand about the steps you are taking. Confirm that money invested in TBL or the US subsidy are safe and fully credited towards TBL and refund all requests now. Then communicate your timeline for revealing and manufacturing your game. If you don't want to keep people up to date with your intentions, fine. But withholding refundable deposits after receiving requests is not ethical. It is time to do the right thing by returning money and then do yourself a favor and hire a pr firm to communicate with your eager fan base. Come on, we all want this product, whether everyone admits it or not. The ball is in your court.

#3122 9 years ago

I just can't believe you guys/gals have still not received any communication from these idiots. I would be furious, but that's just me.

#3123 9 years ago

There has been at least some private communication, just not public announcements. They just want to have 100% everything sorted out so theres no more funny stuff going forward.

Maybe that approach is getting old, fair enough but it is what it is. I'm sure nobody wants this monkey off their back sooner than DP.

#3124 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There has been at least some private communication, just not public announcements. They just want to have 100% everything sorted out so theres no more funny stuff going forward.
Maybe that approach is getting old, fair enough but it is what it is. I'm sure nobody wants this monkey off their back sooner than DP.

They may want this off thier back, but they are the ones that put themselves in the current situation.

#3125 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

They may want this off thier back, but they are the ones that put themselves in the current situation.

No doubt.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3126 9 years ago

It's February..............

#3127 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

That means production should start within 2 months

#3128 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

That means production should start within 2 months

I think they'll be a bit late, they're having some internal issues at the moment that have slowed them down a bit... You never know though I suppose, but I would be VERY surprised if they manage to make the first production game in time! My guess is that the first production game will get made in around July... 2015 (I might add!).

Quoted from ozno:

True... very true!

#3130 9 years ago

Heard from a reliable source that New Shit news letter should be out this Friday at some point.

#3131 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Heard from a reliable source that New Shit news letter should be out this Friday at some point.

Finally! I'm sure everyone is tired of reading the current source of updates: rumor mill.pngrumor mill.png
aka "The Dutch Pinball Dispatch"

#3132 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Finally! I'm sure everyone is tired of reading the current source of updates: aka "The Dutch Pinball Dispatch"

The Law of Information Flow: Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance.

If you don't communicate with stakeholders, the grapevine will thrive. If you communicate with stakeholders, you can keep the grapevine in check.

Exhibit A: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-dutch-pinball-the-big-lebowski-site-visit

#3133 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

48 hours it much too long to wait. theories on what it will say? /sarcasm

#3134 9 years ago

My guess, the NSNL will say the same thing every other dp message has said for the past two months: we're working on it.

#3135 9 years ago

This is such a shit show for those that plunked down dough on these. I really hope this works out for everyone in the end that has money tied up. This is no way to run a business, that's for sure.

#3136 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

My guess, the NSNL will say the same thing every other dp message has said for the past two months: we're working on it.

Good guess, I'm guessing that 80 people are going to guess this and tell us about their guesses about guesses that have been in the last 60 pages of posts. Lets see what it says and speculate on it after.

I guess that's my thoughts anyway

#3137 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Good guess, I'm guessing that 80 people are going to guess this and tell us about their guesses about guesses that have been in the last 60 pages of posts. Lets see what it says and speculate on it after.

#3138 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That's a good guess to guess on, since guessing is the only thing we can do (and have been able to do for the last 2 months), since dp doesn't know how to communicate with their customers, I guess.

#3139 9 years ago

It is time for a New Sh*t Letter.... I guess..

#3140 9 years ago

just curious if DP has taken any opportunity to show off one of these sample pinball machines at one of the Lebowskifest's. It would seem like a slam dunk to me...

#3141 9 years ago

What a F ing disaster this is.

The only people talking are the people here, not DP, just the one's making excuses for them.

#3142 9 years ago

Soooo....what mods are you going to do to your TBL when it arrives?
<just killing time between now and the next scandal/update/year>

#3143 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I'm going to mod mine with a cabinet, playfield, wiring, boards, artwork, legs, glass, to go with the mat and t-shirt.

#3144 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

just curious if DP has taken any opportunity to show off one of these sample pinball machines at one of the Lebowskifest's. It would seem like a slam dunk to me...

I don't believe so, but I think it's safe to say this will be done in the future. I know they got some decent awareness with the Abiders. The Big Lebowski Facebook page posted something on the game back in October. That page has over 2M "likes" so I imagine the diehard fans are well aware of it.

#3145 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

One idea is to change the White Russian glass out and put a receptacle with a white Russian coloured fluid in there and have a sensor on the side of the glass to sense when the drink rides up the glass due to shaking the game and use that as the tilt mech. Clearly the 'glass' would need a clear cover on it to keep the fluid inside, and could have a piece of clear plastic floating in there as ice... The height of the fluid would set the tilt sensitivity... Warning clip: 'Careful man, there's a beverage here!'

Post edited by pinballslave: Refined so it's actually doable.

#3146 9 years ago

I'm pretty sick of this. Barry says it will all be fix d soon. Been saying that for many weeks. No updates, no details. I'm calling my lawyer. Maybe she can at least get some more info.

#3147 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I'm pretty sick of this. Barry says it will all be fix d soon. Been saying that for many weeks. No updates, no details. I'm calling my lawyer. Maybe she can at least get some more info.

Why don't you just email Barry?

#3148 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Maybe she can at least get some more info.

More info will be coming this Friday, I'm sure... I know it's not easy at these times of total uncertainty and silence, but try and stay calm... I also know my input is typically not well received on these pages, probably because I'm not complaining about not getting a timely refund (having not asked for one, it's clearly hard for me personally to complain on this matter), but I have a strong feeling everything will be fine, refunds will be issued where requested and the ship will get righted in good time...

#3149 9 years ago

"I think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired."

- Monty Python

#3150 9 years ago

If there's news good enough for Friday release why not send it to customers already? Are they hoping to make it an even amount of time to the exact date when this ship started sinking? People that are owed money deserve better. There's no excuse for proper communication, Barry's desire for no news until he has 100 percent good news is stupid. He's basically placing his desire over his customers which is a shitty business move. If this company has th balls to advertise refunds are available they should man up and explain why they are not at this time, and they should've done so weeks ago. you know what new shit is coming to light? DP doesn't care for their customers, they care about themselves. best of luck to the everyone but this would give me more than a second thought to doing business with this company until they have a product out and in stock (and even then I'd question if they really had it in stock or were just building it).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.