tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 77.
#3051 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Why is ''getting my refund'' suddenly is the most important topic about TBL here. The moment you decided to pre-order you knew there was some risk involved, not saying that you shouldn't be worried in this situation, but hey, thats the game you played. Asking for a refund is a valid question as DP stated that a refund is possible untill your machine goes into production. But why asking for a refund while some individuals spontanious got it? it shouldn't make a difference for those who didn't get the spontanious refund. For all of them the situation remains the same. You pre-ordered and you are still at the same risk. Same as me. Just hang in there, TBL will come.

are you really serious?

image-64.jpgimage-64.jpg

#3052 9 years ago

down there below i can see it coming

#3054 9 years ago

Why is ''getting my refund'' suddenly is the most important topic about TBL here. The moment you decided to pre-order you knew there was some risk involved, not saying that you shouldn't be worried in this situation, but hey, thats the game you played. Asking for a refund is a valid question as DP stated that a refund is possible untill your machine goes into production. But why asking for a refund while some individuals spontanious got it? it shouldn't make a difference for those who didn't get the spontanious refund. For all of them the situation remains the same. You pre-ordered and you are still at the same risk. Same as me. Just hang in there, TBL will come.

Have you not followed this thread and the current status of the finances of DP USA?

#3055 9 years ago

yes I have..for the most part. I didnt say not to be worried, I say its the risk you (well overthought I hope) took. Same for me. I just hang in there, If I wasn't a pinside member I probably was not concerned at all, besides the risk I took earlier.

#3056 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Have you not followed this thread and the current status of the finances of DP USA?

You did. And still you dont no shit about dp financial status.

#3057 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I know enough that people have been waiting 7 weeks for a refund without funds being returned.

That's enough for me.

TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS!

#3058 9 years ago

I have to applaud their dedication to their countryman though.

#3059 9 years ago

Well the title of the thread does include the words DP and Refund. Hmmm, I just can't put my finger on it.

#3060 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I have to applaud their dedication to their countryman though.

Or just drunk on tulip wine.

#3061 9 years ago

Tulip wine! Lol!

#3062 9 years ago

Please enlighten me as to where my money is. How about you enlighten everyone that paid money into DPUSA?

#3063 9 years ago

Please enlighten me as to where my money is. How about you enlighten everyone that paid money into DPUSA?

I'm actually surprised there isn't more outrage right now.

We STILL don't know what the Paypal/Phil/DP USA situation is. Barry has sent me reassuring Emails, but it's still so vague! I'm a chill dude, so I'm kind of in a "well what the fuck can I do but wait" mode....but it still baffles me that this hasn't been hammered out yet.

#3064 9 years ago

It's a complicated case, maude. A lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous, a lot of strands to keep in my head, man. It's a complicated case, maude. A lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous, a lot of strands to keep in my head, man.

#3065 9 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I'll buy anyone in this thread a nice boozy drink if we ever meet.

I'm in for the free drink!

#3066 9 years ago

I think it's poor form to get upset at anyone that has requested a refund 5 - 7 weeks ago and hasn't been given a legitimate response with at least a timeframe for when their deposit will be fully refunded. Heck, even a small token payment as an initial payment with a promissory note that the remaining funds will be paid within a certain time would go a long long way to calming people down.. If anything these posts where someone has personally spoken with Barry and "new news" will be coming soon" are getting old and tired. That was mentioned 3 - 4 weeks back.

I feel for our pinball brethren who have funds tied up in this game and want them back. If they want to vent off, I'm more than happy to listen and if I run into one of them I'm buying them a drink...

#3067 9 years ago

I think this is going to be a train wreck.
JJP was in deep trouble, 7 weeks is nothing. JJP went 2+ years.
The difference was communication.
JJP kept folks informed and issued refunds upon demand. I think the refunds kept them alive.
Lots of WoZ owners jumped in and out and back in over the course of 2.5 years.
If Paypal or a credit card account gets locked up its over. Its in court, the moneys gone etc.

I really hope the guys that asked for a refund get it, the run on the company seems to official.
If you don't ask for it, you probably won't get it.

Good luck to all.

#3068 9 years ago

I think you have said that already. Thanks for stopping by to say the same thing again.

#3069 9 years ago

Wishing all involved the best. Pin looked/looks killer and hopefully turns out that way for everyone in the end. Pura Vida

#3070 9 years ago

I dont know. Just like you. But i am not assuming i know anything about their financial status.

You do. But in fact, you dont know anything.

I already said, its a shame they dont solve this issue. But even now they dont, this does not say anything about their financial status.

Maybe this case is going to court, have you think about that? Maybe that is why they are silent about this case. I dont know it, but you cant know for sure either.

You are upset, and thats why you are making statements just out of the blue.

1. you dont know anything about their financial status. period.

2. You have a good reason to be upset.

Please downvote if you cant handle the truth.

#3071 9 years ago

That's sort of the point. and frankly there is no excuse for a lack of official communication, legal or otherwise. First off, if there was a legal issue, they could state that honestly and layout how they plan to deal with it. while it would initially cause some unrest it would be information, and once absorbed people would communicate with them through pm and get their own issues with refunds sorted.

If this isn't q legal concern there still isn't a reason to make a statement of where they are at in the process and what the plan is. Even if they are having major issues with going through the payments and getting it sorted, they can set a estimated date for when they plan to have payments ready or information to the extant and set that as a goal.

Again, lack of communication after this amount of time is inexcusable when dealing with refunds and only hurts their cause at this point

#3072 9 years ago

I dont know. Just like you. But i am not assuming i know anything about their financial status.
You do. But in fact, you dont know anything.
I already said, its a shame they dont solve this issue. But even now they dont, this does not say anything about their financial status.
Maybe this case is going to court, have you think about that? Maybe that is why they are silent about this case. I dont know it, but you cant know for sure either.
You are upset, and thats why you are making statements just out of the blue.
1. you dont know anything about their financial status. period.
2. You have a good reason to be upset.
Please downvote if you cant handle the truth.

What are you talking about? I have not made conclusions about thier financial status other than they do not have control over thier dpusa finances as they have admitted. Barry himself has stated this. Your delusional if you can not see and admit that. Also, if they are headed to court, that does nothing but confirm they do not have control of the dpusa funds. i can't decide if your trolling, haven't actually followed this thread, or just that dumb to not see the actual facts that are out there. I am not here spitting out conspiracy theories, I'm simply stating the facts about DP and how they are running thier business.

#3073 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm actually surprised there isn't more outrage right now.
We STILL don't know what the Paypal/Phil/DP USA situation is. Barry has sent me reassuring Emails, but it's still so vague! I'm a chill dude, so I'm kind of in a "well what the fuck can I do but wait" mode....but it still baffles me that this hasn't been hammered out yet.

I'm in the same boat. Barry has yet to admit that all dpusa customers will definitely get credit for thier payments. I got burned on 12k of pins last year because I was laid back and didn't push the people when things started to seem funny about the situation. Some of that is spilling over for me here for sure. What I do know is that for me, the preorder risk was fine with thier refund policy. They never expected that thier partner would bail on them, thier partner never expected to get sick nor did he expect them to bend the legalities of the license as much as they did. A lot of unexpected things have happened and still are happening with this company, at the end of the day I choose to support these guys when they showed that they had a business sense about them, that's all out the window. I understand they may want all thier Ducks in a row before they announce something, however when that takes almost two months, it is completely unacceptable to go dark for that long.

#3074 9 years ago

I got burned on 12k of pins last year because I was laid back and didn't push the people when things started to seem funny about the situation. Some of that is spilling over for me here for sure

Fool me once shame on you.....Fool me twice.....well you know.

We are all upset, all of us who are vested want word of where our money is but bitching over and over and over does not make it better. As far as I see it, DP seeing all the negative comments about people wanting money back probably just makes their situation worse in figuring out how to deal with it all and still trying to find the best way to bring this to market. But keep going on if you feel it helps. At this point all I can do is sit back and hope for the best, remained in as civil conversations as I can with DP directly, feel I have done about all I can beyond pursuing the legal side, not much else can be done but wait and hope.

#3075 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Fool me once shame on you.....Fool me twice.....well you know.
We are all upset, all of us who are vested want word of where our money is but bitching over and over and over does not make it better. As far as I see it, DP seeing all the negative comments about people wanting money back probably just makes their situation worse in figuring out how to deal with it all and still trying to find the best way to bring this to market. But keep going on if you feel it helps. At this point all I can do is sit back and hope for the best, remained in as civil conversations as I can with DP directly, feel I have done about all I can beyond pursuing the legal side, not much else can be done but wait and hope.

I'm not bitching. I haven't bothered DP other than a few emails and have remained civil with them as well. The only reason why I post in this thread is the few people here that continue to call people such as myself out for not knowing anything and that we should get over it. There are a few people here that just can't admit there are serious problems with the current situation at DP. Those are the people that are the worst to have to deal with in this whole situation.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3076 9 years ago

The only reason why I post in this thread is the few people here that continue to call people such as myself out for not knowing anything and that we should get over it. There are a few people here that just can't admit there are serious problems with the current situation at DP. Those are the people that are the worst to have to deal with in this whole situation.

I don't know what to think to be honest, like I said all I can do is hope. I don't blame anyone for being pissed, I was furious for a month and realized it wasn't going to help me. All I can do is hope and communicate with them the best I can to try and help rectify the situation if possible. There is obviously an issue that is for sure but everyone speculating about their current financial situation is nothing other than guess work. My guess and belief is they are rectifying the situation with Phil and the money and as soon as they do they will issue refunds to those that truly want them and I feel that if it appears they have it worked out and everything is back on track, many people who wanted out will stay in cause they really want the pinball

#3077 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't know what to think to be honest, like I said all I can do is hope. I don't blame anyone for being pissed, I was furious for a month and realized it wasn't going to help me. All I can do is hope and communicate with them the best I can to try and help rectify the situation if possible. There is obviously an issue that is for sure but everyone speculating about their current financial situation is nothing other than guess work. My guess and belief is they are rectifying the situation with Phil and the money and as soon as they do they will issue refunds to those that truly want them and I feel that if it appears they have it worked out and everything is back on track, many people who wanted out will stay in cause they really want the pinball

I am likely in the boat of people that will stay in. I have also come to the realization that there is little any of us can do about it. It's a shame that simple communication would elevate the majority of the problems in this case.

#3078 9 years ago

Time is running out. News?

#3079 9 years ago

I have always gotten prompt replies from Barry, including today.

The reality of the situation is that there will be no news until a transfer agreement is signed. The worst thing that they could do is announce a date for an update and then miss it.

Consider that all of this started going down over the holidays, while Phil was undergoing treatment, and with multiple timezones involved.

Anyone stepping in to engineer the transfer needed time to dig into the history, both perspectives, negotiate a mediation and then paper and sign it. That stuff just takes time.

Should it have been handled before? Yes. Posturing to get their PayPal account frozen isn't going to help anyone at this point.

#3080 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The reality of the situation is that there will be no news until a transfer agreement is signed. The worst thing that they could do is announce a date for an update and then miss it.
Consider that all of this started going down over the holidays, while Phil was undergoing treatment, and with multiple timezones involved.
Anyone stepping in to engineer the transfer needed time to dig into the history, both perspectives, negotiate a mediation and then paper and sign it. That stuff just takes time.
Should it have been handled before? Yes. Posturing to get their PayPal account frozen isn't going to help anyone at this point.

I agree that freezing their account will not help anyone, thus why I have not initiated a claim or charge back.

#3081 9 years ago

I am not expecting any news from DP any time soon, they have made it very clear that they are not giving up any information much less returning any money in any reasonable timeframe. And at this point I'm at peace with that. Did they blow through the money and screw everything up? Hope not! Are they going to realign themselves and get the game out? Hopefully. Why they'd just "sit on" any good news they have over there is beyond me, so I just assume the news isn't too good right now, and that's ok.

What I'm NOT at peace with is you DP apologists telling me how to think and feel about it. Honestly Plungemaster? It's at the point where you're playing this in such a willfully ignorant manner that I don't even want to be associated with you in terms of game ownership. I don't know if it's a language barrier or what, but the stuff you're typing is nothing! Half-thoughts and grandpa insults! Just stop trying to defend them; people like you are the ones causing the most damage to DP at this juncture. I guess you think you're helping them? But your manner is just so ignorant and abrasive that I don't even want to own the same games as you and it's YOU driving the final spike between me and TBL, not DP.

Looking back, TBL was pretty damn solid in build, and it looked sharp. But the attitude around the whole thing was always off. I'd like the game but there's just too much unsavory "other" happening, and IMO the game is not actually good enough to bury all of the crap that's coming along with it. If DP has anything even remotely positive to share, they'd best be at it quick, before their "biggest supporters" accidentally tank this whole thing for them by pushing the remaining "maybes" into firm "absolutely no way in hells".

#3082 9 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I am not expecting any news from DP any time soon, they have made it very clear that they are not giving up any information much less returning any money in any reasonable timeframe. And at this point I'm at peace with that. Did they blow through the money and screw everything up? Hope not! Are they going to realign themselves and get the game out? Hopefully. Why they'd just "sit on" any good news they have over there is beyond me, so I just assume the news isn't too good right now, and that's ok.
What I'm NOT at peace with is you DP apologists telling me how to think and feel about it. Honestly Plungemaster? It's at the point where you're playing this in such a willfully ignorant manner that I don't even want to be associated with you in terms of game ownership. I don't know if it's a language barrier or what, but the stuff you're typing is nothing! Half-thoughts and grandpa insults! Just stop trying to defend them; people like you are the ones causing the most damage to DP at this juncture. I guess you think you're helping them? But your manner is just so ignorant and abrasive that I don't even want to own the same games as you and it's YOU driving the final spike between me and TBL, not DP.
Looking back, TBL was pretty damn solid in build, and it looked sharp. But the attitude around the whole thing was always off. I'd like to game but there's just too much unsavory "other" happening, and IMO the game is not actually good enough to bury all of the crap that's coming along with it. If DP has anything even remotely positive to share, they'd best be at it quick, before their "biggest supporters" accidentally tank this whole thing for them by pushing the remaining "maybes" into firm "absolutely no way in hells".

AMEN! (I'm not even religious but that compelled me to say that)

#3083 9 years ago

I am likely in the boat of people that will stay in. I have also come to the realization that there is little any of us can do about it. It's a shame that simple communication would elevate the majority of the problems in this case.

Did you mean "alleviate"? Funny, but your statement might also be true as it stands.

#3084 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Did you mean "alleviate"? Funny, but your statement might also be true as it stands.

haha, yea I did. I type and talk on the phone at the same time every once in a while. Your right though, ironically both words would work.

#3085 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Well, hopefully Barry is actually trying to raise some capital in the interim.

But if not, perhaps he should at least listen to his new advisor regarding his communications strategy?

Quoted from fattrain:

JUST RECEIVED THIS:

<snip>

We took several actions and we are happy to welcome Jeff Marchetti (CGMA, CPA) to help us restoring DP USA Inc.

Mr. Marchetti has some experience in handling customer complaints, and he has even published some tips about this issue in the public domain.

Marchetti & Company, P.C.
Certified Public Accountants
http://marchetticpa.com/

Business Tip from December 2014 - "How to Handle Customer Complaints"
http://www.planningtips.com/6802/prior1412.asp?Co_ID=55556&Tip_ID=6802

I would hate to see Barry simply trod down the same communications path pioneered by JPop et al, leaving his company exposed to the unpredictable moves of angry creditors who have recourse available, even if those options don't appear logical to Barry. That's a dangerous game of chicken to play with unpredictable opponents, and it could have serious negative consequences for the company if he loses.

#3086 9 years ago

I got burned on 12k of pins last year because I was laid back

Lmao, and you call other people dumb?

#3087 9 years ago

seriously plungemaster, really? we can be better than this

#3088 9 years ago

Plungemaster, your posts should probably have been described as "obtuse" instead of "dumb."

#3089 9 years ago

Yea I am dumb. I got burned in a relationship that I had with a vendor for years and purchased many games from before. He had some unfortunate circumstances come up in his life and couldn't follow through. I guess that makes me dumb, well dumb enough to continue to banter back and forth with someone like you. I'll stop short of personal attacks, but damn its hard.

#3090 9 years ago

Plungemaster, I realize that you have a vested interest here, and it is no doubt affecting your comments, but I have seen you make very thoughtful and constructive comments in one of the Spooky Pinball threads. Can you please ask THAT guy to participate in this thread, too?

#3091 9 years ago

Did you read back any of his postings?

He has not told anything about dp financial status. And i am dumb, or dillisional. Thats what he said...

But if you look back at his posts, you will notice he is constantly telling everybody there must be something wrong with their financial status.

That guy is just causing the same stir over and over again. And then denies he said something about it.

Let him open his own complain topic, so we can discuss the lb pin. I am sick of the same guy crying where his money is. Hey, nobody knows here!

Ps. I have no vested interest at all, just interested in a new pin. From a new company. And other topics i am discussing dont suffer from a few cry babies that assume only negative stuff without any aknowledge.

#3092 9 years ago

if this ever happens, who will sell me one?

#3093 9 years ago

I am sick of the same guy crying where his money is.

It's a public forum.
It's not YOUR money.
There's more than one person trying to get their money back.

I shouldn't have to listen to a podcast to get updates on a pin that I've invested in. That's not asking a lot. I'd rather get spammed with updates (like Pono did via Kickstarter with their high-res player) vs. being forced to seek out new info that was passed along secondhand.

Step it up DP. We know you're reading....

#3094 9 years ago

Ps. I have no vested interest at all, just interested in a new pin. From a new company. And other topics i am discussing dont suffer from a few cry babies that assume only negative stuff without any aknowledge.

You can have a vested interest without a financial stake in the matter, my good Dutchman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vested_interest_%28communication_theory%29

#3095 9 years ago

Toiletmaster, DP has a serious financial problem. If they didn't, they would have issued the refunds from their Dutch accounts, which should be considerable. It's going to take a lot of money to build these machines. The fact that they were willing to trash their reputation over this debacle, indicates they are pretty broke and need the preorder investors. It doesn't look good. I still think they will pull it off, if they get control of the PayPal account.

#3096 9 years ago

Man, I don't know why you're so antagonistic... I have tons of respect for Dutch folks and every one I've met in person has been awesome... I'll assume you're just having a bad day or something and just venting here. Please don't think anyone is judging .NL by the actions of DP... hell, we got Vinny Pinball and JPOP here on our side of the pond

#3097 9 years ago

Did you read back any of his postings?
He has not told anything about dp financial status. And i am dumb, or dillisional. Thats what he said...
But if you look back at his posts, you will notice he is constantly telling everybody there must be something wrong with their financial status.
That guy is just causing the same stir over and over again. And then denies he said something about it.
Let him open his own complain topic, so we can discuss the lb pin. I am sick of the same guy crying where his money is. Hey, nobody knows here!

I did not call you dumb or delusional, I stated "Your delusional if you can not see and admit that. Also, if they are headed to court, that does nothing but confirm they do not have control of the dpusa funds. i can't decide if your trolling, haven't actually followed this thread, or just that dumb to not see the actual facts that are out there. I am not here spitting out conspiracy theories, I'm simply stating the facts about DP and how they are running their business." Take what you want from that.

I am not causing the same stir over and over again. DP has yet to address this problem, so I brought up this issue and since it has never been addressed I have never moved past it.

Also this thread was opened regarding refunds, so if you want to discuss TBL, open your own thread. Pretty easy for you to do.

#3098 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Man, I don't know why you're so antagonistic... I have tons of respect for Dutch folks and every one I've met in person has been awesome... I'll assume you're just having a bad day or something and just venting here. Please don't think anyone is judging .NL by the actions of DP... hell, we got Vinny Pinball and JPOP here on our side of the pond

Lol?

I am venting? Do you guys even read?

I am going against a bloke that is venting for weeks now. I am trying to get the topic back on the pin itself.

Some crazy people here.

#3099 9 years ago

I am trying to get the topic back on the pin itself.

But why try to do that in a thread titled "DP USA Refund"? People talking about refunds (and DP's failure to honor its promise to provide refunds upon request) belong in this thread. General discussion about the game and its development would fit better in one of the other TBL threads (which you could help revive, since all the TBL talk for the past few months seems to have been about the DP USA catastrophe).

#3100 9 years ago

In before the lock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.