tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 77.
#3001 9 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Tom what do you think would have happened if Phil had not spoken up? Don't you see that they were very VERY clearly abusing the terms of their licensing agreement? To the point where they have to cover it in stickers! They're producing more stickers than games at this juncture, in fact.
Where, in your mind, was DP heading ignoring Phil and ignoring his public request to be removed from DP? Were they on a good path? I'm just not seeing that. I appreciate your commentary on this by the way, some of the rah rah cheerleader nonsense is veering into maniacal territory a few comments above.

Its hard to believe that so few people here cannot even comprehend that Phil is trying to get his affairs in order in case he does not make it through this cancer. He has done the best he could to protect his family's assets and the assets of the company in whatever time he has left in this world. He obviously tried to do just that with his partners, but they blew off his concerns. Can you imagine the mess this would be if he had not gone about it the way he did? If he were to die with others money sitting in his account that nobody else had access to it would have been a mess. His family would have been ruined financially, and everybody would be pointing fingers at everyone else including him. This whole project would have gone down the tubes after everyone involved finished paying their lawyers.
So quit banging on Phil. He might have saved this project by bringing problems to the surface and forcing Barry and everyone else to confront their problems and take care of them. If he were the asshole that some here are making him out to be he could have just gone on and died....leaving a total cluster that nobody could ever unwind.
As yourself this....what would you do right now if your doctor told you that you have a serious stage three cancer and advised you to get your affairs in order? Think about it.....just think of what you would do to protect your family from ending up in the street over the legal fees from the mess he would have left behind. He did what he had to do, and did not have time care about anyone's personal opinions from pinside about how they want their game.

#3002 9 years ago

To be honest, at this point I would get a refund even if they said to me "your game is ready". I'm done with their bullshit. Any company that treats customers in this manner doesn't deserve my business. If I ask for a refund don't tell me "we're looking into it" or "we're sorting it out" or any other cop out bullshit answer; just give me a refund. I don't care if they have to take that money from their kids college fund or suck dicks in an alley to get me money, just get it. I don't care where the money comes from, as long as it goes to me. Right on the order page it says "deposits are fully refundable". If they don't plan to abide by that rule when going into business, then don't put it right on the order page. When you go into business YOU take the risk, and if you're passing the buck on that down to your customers to cover your own ass, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

#3003 9 years ago

Easy tiger, I'm sure your refund will get processed.

#3004 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Dude, you played that record just 20hrs ago... don't you have another one?

Nah, think I'll just keep playing this one until DP issues a response. Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything back from DP in regards to refund requests, etc?

#3005 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

What's the latest response from DP? Have they made an official statement in the last 4 weeks??

According to Pinballslave they are on a cruise ship to an exotic location while drinking White Russians, or something like that.

#3006 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Nah, think I'll just keep playing this one until DP issues a response. Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything back from DP in regards to refund requests, etc?

OK. By the way, has anyone heard anything back from DP regarding refunds requests? Anyone got a refund yet?

We need JDee here to say it again I feel

#3007 9 years ago

Wondering if the OP is in or out ?

#3008 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Easy tiger, I'm sure your refund will get processed.

Unless you're personally executing his refund or delivering his machine, I would go "easy" on those voicing concern and opinion on their refund(s). Please remember that it's HIS money, not yours or mine.

FYI - The Canadian dollar vs US dollar since August:
canadian.jpgcanadian.jpg

#3009 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

just give me a refund... or suck d**** in an alley to get me money

She can help with that.
image-748.jpgimage-748.jpg

#3010 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

FYI - The Canadian dollar vs US dollar since August.

Doesn't the fact that he paid USD$ in the past and it is currently stored as USD with Phil mean he actually gets back more Canadian than he put in with a refund? Would it be in DP rights to refund him only the Canadian $ he paid in, keeping the "profit" from the currency exchange? Lots of ins and outs.. Prob why they need a CPA just to sort out the refunds.. (I doubt Phil was worrying about keeping the books straight when he was issuing refunds)

BTW: everyone should get refunds, just wondering why the Canadian dollar was tossed in there.

#3011 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Doesn't the fact that he paid USD$ in the past and it is currently stored as USD with Phil mean he actually gets back more Canadian than he put in with a refund? Would it be in DP rights to refund him only the Canadian $ he paid in, keeping the "profit" from the currency exchange? Lots of ins and outs.. Prob why they need a CPA just to sort out the refunds.. (I doubt Phil was worrying about keeping the books straight when he was issuing refunds)
BTW: everyone should get refunds, just wondering why the Canadian dollar was tossed in there.

aeonblack is from Canada, which is why I referenced the CAD. Who knows where and how his money is being tied up at this point, but I get and understand where his anxiety is coming from.

$8,500 USD on 1/20/14 = $9,313 CAD
$8,500 USD on 1/20/15 = $10,171 CAD

The decline of the Euro should (hopefully) push DP to get this machine out ASAP.

#3012 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

aeonblack is from Canada, which is why I referenced the CAD. Who knows where and how his money is being tied up at this point, but I get and understand where his anxiety is coming from.
The decline of the Euro should (hopefully) push DP to get this machine out ASAP.

Right that's if he pays anymore from here on... But since pre orders were taken between Dec 2013 to October of this year.. If stored in USD someone actually wins if he pulls his money out.. Either him (refunded 10k CAD ) or DP if they pay him in CAD value at the time of each deposit. The latter seems a huge pain in the ass. Anyways, its more interesting to think about exchange rates and how they play in all this than the other kinds of speculation personally.

#3013 9 years ago

40 posts since I was on last. I thought new shit had come to light. Nope, pitch black on the DP horizon.

#3014 9 years ago

Hopefully everyone's enjoying their tee shirts!!!!!!!

#3015 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

40 posts since I was on last. I thought new shit had come to light. Nope, pitch black on the DP horizon.

You're out of your element.

#3016 9 years ago

To actually answer the topic of this post.
Still want the game

#3017 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

She can help with that.

image-748.jpg 20 KB

I going to hit an ATM!

#3018 9 years ago

Didn't they just collect $2000+ from all of the pre-order people who are still in on January 1st??!!

If there are at least 30-50 people still in, this was enough money to refund 15-25 of those who asked for a refund. And the least they can do is refund those who asked for a refund before this thing blew up on them.

Does anybody have a tally on how many people are awaiting refunds. Anybody care to start a poll in a new thread?

#3019 9 years ago

Hopefully everyone's enjoying their tee shirts!!!!!!!

Did you receive one? Double check the box, maybe there was a check in there for you.

#3020 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I going to hit an ATM!

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine ...

#3021 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Did you receive one? Double check the box, maybe there was a check in there for you.

I'm sure mine's still in the mail! Or perhaps they kicked my goldbrickin' ass of the list prior to the big ship day. Dunno!

#3022 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

You're out of your element.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#3023 9 years ago

JJP came very close to meltdown with 6.5 $ million in depo's.
They stayed in touch.
They are /seem to be doing ok.
IMO, this is end of pre-pay as we know it.
Did Skit ever get the game out?
TBL I am afraid is a gone dead train; at least as we know it.
Just someone who had 13,000$ depo for 2.5 some years with JJP.
I have not ordered this game and have no money in it.
Good luck.

#3024 9 years ago

I was assured that everything is OK, but time is passing and I am hoping soon we will have news

#3026 9 years ago

Barry: We dropped off the damn money...
People waiting for a refund: We?
Barry: I! The Royal "we"! You know...Phil...umm...Paypal...maybe...sorta...Huh?

#3027 9 years ago

So, what's crackin' dudes? Anything happen while I was gone?

#3028 9 years ago

I emailed Jaap
Things are going in the right direction. Waiting to hear back on a few things which takes a few weeks.

Guess he means the playfield artwork approval but I don't know.

News letter will come when there's more to report.

#3029 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I emailed Jaap
Things are going in the right direction. Waiting to hear back on a few things which takes a few weeks.
Guess he means the playfield artwork approval but I don't know.
News letter will come when there's more to report.

I understand from the latest Coast2Coast Pinball episode that Roger Sharpe apparently stated last weekend at the Arcade Expo show that the licensing approval has been finalized.

#3031 9 years ago

Okay so apparently there are still people working at DP just not communicating with people about the financial status of the company or where all US orders stand. Wtf

#3032 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

It's true go to 27:52

Full steam ahead! Looking forward to playing this one!

#3033 9 years ago

Okay so apparently there are still people working at DP just not communicating with people about the financial status of the company or where all US orders stand. Wtf

Maybe they are hoping that they can say "look, there is no issue with the licensing! you don't have to get a refund!" and keep a few people on board. That's not a reasonable excuse for keeping those who want refunds waiting, IMO. I'm just guessing, of course, but the longer I have to wait for my refund, the less I'm interested in EVER dealing with DP again.

#3034 9 years ago

If I wanted crickets I'd play Frontier dammit!

Was worth wading back through this thread just to read that line!

#3035 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Hell, I guess speculating on pinball games is a good move!

#3036 9 years ago

If I wanted crickets I'd play Frontier dammit!

Quoted from Aurich:

Was worth wading back through this thread just to read that line!

Now that's funny. I like Frontier as a game, but the crickets make me love it.

So after reading your quote it was worth wading back for the original.

Crickets.gifCrickets.gif
#3037 9 years ago

I have gotten enough correspondence with people at DP now and recently to feel more confident things will be fixed and come back together especially in regards to the payments. No solid evidence(like any of us ever have that) but I was told recently they had a solution that was being worked just was going to take some more time to get it all done and then the announcements would come.

Not that it matters, my money is in limbo so I don't have an option until one is presented to me but if it appears everything gets fixed and the US money solution is presented, I am still in. New shit is coming to light, hopefully will be sooner rather than later. Including the final and approved playfield.

The-big-3.gifThe-big-3.gif

#3038 9 years ago

On the good news front it looks like the roadblock on shipping US BOP 2.0 has been solved and those will be going soon, that might give people some small amount of confidence.

#3039 9 years ago

There was also a beta code update for bug fixes on the BoP s/w that just was released.

#3040 9 years ago

It has been 7 weeks since I first requested a refund. I have gotten the same bullshit responses everyone else has. I just emailed Barry and told him I want to money immediately. I have a very strong business relationship with Paypal and have already spoken with them. They asked me if I wanted to file a Fraud case with them which could pretty much lock DP's ability to take more money and would lock whatever funds are in the account...especially if they receive additional complaints. But again, Paypal said this may take time. If I do not hear from Barry in the next day or two I will file these charges and I will also contact my Credit Card who can at least help in getting the money back...hopefully.

Doesn't this just sound like thievery to anyone else? The apologists in the thread really surprise me. Issuing refunds is a click of a button.

#3041 9 years ago
Quoted from twominds:

It has been 7 weeks since I first requested a refund. I have gotten the same bullshit responses everyone else has. I just emailed Barry and told him I want to money immediately. I have a very strong business relationship with Paypal and have already spoken with them. They asked me if I wanted to file a Fraud case with them which could pretty much lock DP's ability to take more money and would lock whatever funds are in the account...especially if they receive additional complaints. But again, Paypal said this may take time. If I do not hear from Barry in the next day or two I will file these charges and I will also contact my Credit Card who can at least help in getting the money back...hopefully.

Good news! Dutch Pinball will be at the Dutch Pinball Open EXPO 2015 in November, and production of The Big Lebowski is scheduled to start soon!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dpo-expo-2015-announced

#3042 9 years ago
Quoted from twominds:

Doesn't this just sound like thievery to anyone else? The apologists in the thread really surprise me. Issuing refunds is a click of a button.

Agreed.

Why anyone would thumbs down your post is beyond me. I love how people continue to defend DP when it has been almost two months since your requested your refund.

#3043 9 years ago

I would also like to give an opportunity to those of you that believe in DP so much that you can't admit they continue to ignore their customers, haphazardly run a company, misuse funds, irresponsibly manage their deposit money, etc etc. If you would like to continue to support them, go all the way. I have two games on deposit with them. Truly show your support and buy my games out. Come on, as most of you say there is nothing to worry about here, so go ahead and send me the money to buy me out and you will have your place in line.

It will be interesting to see who steps up. I have a feeling I will hear crickets just like we do from DP themselves.

#3044 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Good news! Dutch Pinball will be at the Dutch Pinball Open EXPO 2015 in November, and production of The Big Lebowski is scheduled to start soon!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dpo-expo-2015-announced

Maybe new shit will come to light!

#3045 9 years ago

I wish DP would issue refunds so that all of you guys would shut the fuck up!

#3046 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

me too. Care to buy a TBL?

#3047 9 years ago

me too. Care to buy a TBL?

Don't need two... sorry.

#3048 9 years ago

Why is ''getting my refund'' suddenly is the most important topic about TBL here. The moment you decided to pre-order you knew there was some risk involved, not saying that you shouldn't be worried in this situation, but hey, thats the game you played. Asking for a refund is a valid question as DP stated that a refund is possible untill your machine goes into production. But why asking for a refund while some individuals spontanious got it? it shouldn't make a difference for those who didn't get the spontanious refund. For all of them the situation remains the same. You pre-ordered and you are still at the same risk. Same as me. Just hang in there, TBL will come.

#3049 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

It would be interesting to find out how many actual people there are wanting refunds .
I'd also like to see them get their refunds as soon as possible so we can move on.
Amazing one guy can cause all this turmoil.

#3050 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

that's the entire point! They want to get their requested and promised refund.

It's been 7 weeks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.