Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 77.
#2751 5 years ago

<edit>
Regrettable and unnecessary comment deleted.

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I have emailed Barry. His response was that he told Phil to refund me and that hopefully he will. I didn't pay in full, I was purchasing two games. I'll send Barry another follow up email. I guess I don't understand all the secrecy around why everyone feels so at ease all of a sudden. Why not share with everyone the information that eliminates the concerns?

ss.jpg

#2753 5 years ago

Here's my story.
Got a unrequested refund from Phil.
Barry emailed me explaining the situation and to retry PayPal .
Followed Barry's instructions and then confirmed with Barry he has my money.
He emailed me back confirming. Sent Jan 1st. Payment.
Confirmed via email with Barry he received that Payment.
Barry confirmed he received Payment.
I'm cool with that.
I trust Barry and DP to get TBL built and delivered this year.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Email Barry and voice your concerns.
I have and I now have no concerns.

I have emailed Barry. His response was that he told Phil to refund me and that hopefully he will. I didn't pay in full, I was purchasing two games. I'll send Barry another follow up email. I guess I don't understand all the secrecy around why everyone feels so at ease all of a sudden. Why not share with everyone the information that eliminates the concerns?

Quoted from Nilroc:

Here's my story.
Got a unrequested refund from Phil.
Barry emailed me explaining the situation and to retry PayPal .
Followed Barry's instructions and then confirmed with Barry he has my money.
He emailed me back confirming. Sent Jan 1st. Payment.
Confirmed via email with Barry he received that Payment.
Barry confirmed he received Payment.
I'm cool with that.
I trust Barry and DP to get TBL built and delivered this year.

So since Barry responded to your emails confirming that he had your money, that means you no longer have concerns?

#2755 5 years ago

At least I know DP has my money and not Phil.
Phil is not with DP.

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Phil is not with DP.

Its my understanding that Phil remains a partner with DP although he is removed from any duties in its operation.

As I stated prior in this thread, I believe a part of the delay is Phil being a loose cannon and his attorneys are negotiating his exit. Not an easy task given the sabotage he initiated.

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

then you must never spend any money at all.

Oh, I spend money, seems like plenty of money, but I know a good business model, and don't gamble on poor ones.

#2758 5 years ago

Some seem perfectly satisfied, others concerned.

It looks like there's a pattern, though, someone correct me if this is incorrect:

The people who still want them game (and who haven't asked for a refund) are getting prompt communication and are "happy"

The people who have asked for their money back are not so happy.

Is that accurate?

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

"my end of this arrangement, all my payments were made,"
"Agree, I am an asshole, an asshole with no answers other than finger pointing and 8500 short in the bank."
Nothing wrong with wanting some answers . Barry has answered all my emails within a day. I am sure he will get back to you. Your posts are a bit misleading though . So you have 4250 x 2 in?

I purchased the two machines at different times, so I think they have slightly different schedules or payments? I have to ask what you meant when you referred to my posts about stern and dp. I was a huge supporter of dp, still a supporter of the project, just a shame to see the business ran so poorly. It's unacceptable. As for stern, they do a lot I disagree with, i have no qualms about discussing that.

#2760 5 years ago

That read wrongI apologize I meant that you are supporter of Stern and pinball by your comments. Part of my paying is was so folks that want out can get their refunds if so desired .

#2761 5 years ago

just a shame to see the business ran so poorly. It's unacceptable.

We get it as you've flogged this dead horse deader. I can summarize all of your multiple comments here in 5 words. "The customer is always right". A quote that dates back to early 20th century and taught in our high schools.

Additional inference that you would do it better is self-aggrandizing and trite. Your simplistic view is based on incomplete evidence of whats happening behind the scenes.

I don't have a crystal ball but my prediction is you will be refunded your money in due time. My further prediction is you will continue to complain after receiving your money.

By the way, I deleted and replaced my smart-ass comment to you on the previous page. It was unnecessary and I apologize.

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We get it as you've flogged this dead horse deader. I can summarize all of your multiple comments here in 5 words. "The customer is always right". A quote that dates back to early 20th century and taught in our high schools.
Additional inference that you would do it better is self-aggrandizing and trite. Your simplistic view is based on incomplete evidence of whats happening behind the scenes.
I don't have a crystal ball but my prediction is you will be refunded your money in due time. My further prediction is you will continue to complain after receiving your money.
By the way, I deleted and replaced my smart-ass comment to you on the previous page. It was unnecessary and I apologize.

No need to apologize, but appreciate it. I usually don't try and beat a dead horse but I felt as though maybe people did not understand that I was not making any assumptions but stating the simple facts of my situation with dp. The summary of my complaint is:
Ask Barry and Phil for a refund
Barry said I will ask Phil to refund you and I hope he does
End of communication for over three weeks.
I don't care how or who, but my point has been that dp has internal issues. That's their problem not mine and they should take care of thier customer first.

Your customer is always right standpoint is not something I believe to be true. Plenty of instances where this is not the case.

Anyway, I don't take any of pinside personal, hope others don't take what I say as personal either. If we all didn't disagree this place sure would be boring.

Btw- I also think I will be refunded at some point. As long as there is a solid plan in place from dp, I will be handing my money right back to them.

#2763 5 years ago

A lot of words to call the guys comments wrong. Then agin DP has always said you can get a full refund, it swould make sense that people who want that to be honored and are not hearing anything back but crickets will be vocal. For the amount they have a lot invested right now without an answer, I'd say let me vent. The game looks like it will get made, and if their being vocal keeps the pressure on the folks at DP to work quickly to a solution then it works out for everyone.

#2764 5 years ago

Btw- I also think I will be refunded at some point. As long as there is a solid plan in place from dp, I will be handing my money right back to them.

Wouldn't it be better then given your intentions that they get everything sorted and presented publically in a way that you are satisfied such that you just stay in? Better for them, better for you (save $1k between the two games). Curious if there's any circumstance that would get you into that position ?

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

A lot of words to call the guys comments wrong.

I also could be wrong here. Time will tell.

Then agin DP has always said you can get a full refund, it swould make sense that people who want that to be honored and are not hearing anything back but crickets will be vocal.

Redundant. I referrer you to the past 55 pages of this thread where that very comment has been repeated.

For the amount they have a lot invested right now without an answer, I'd say let me vent.

Vent away. I have money I may lose here myself. But how about some fresh evidence to get all lathered up over rather than a rehash.

The game looks like it will get made, and if their being vocal keeps the pressure on the folks at DP to work quickly to a solution then it works out for everyone.

I've been in some difficult situations over the years and its during those tough times that I am at my very best. Problem solving is my forte and I excel with my back against the wall. That's the situation I see DP in, backs against the wall and perhaps that's why I sympathize with them.

If I were Dutch Pinball I would be doing many things but the one thing I would not be doing is reading Pinside.

#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Wouldn't it be better then given your intentions that they get everything sorted and presented publically in a way that you are satisfied such that you just stay in? Better for them, better for you (save $1k between the two games). Curious if there's any circumstance that would get you into that position ?

Yes and no. I have been in this situation in the past, trusted people and they get lazy and nothing comes of it. I basically started my venting with one simple thought and that was that they need to figure out their problems on their time and dime, not mine. Many people liked that, others here did not. Then we discussed for the last few pages.

All in all, yes I will still be in, save the 1k, but I would like to see something change other than blaming Phil. That's all. Phil has screwed things up for dp and I do sympathize, however how much time does that buy them before they should have an answer for us.

At the end of the day, we are all here for the same reason, play and enjoy pinball and hopefully one day we can al be playing tbl. In the meantime let's argue and discuss, the only other thing I have to do is work and that's not any better.

#2767 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I was going to make payment deposit #3 last week, but it's requiring me to also pay for deposit #4 (which technically isn't due until April). While I appreciate DP's recent efforts, I'm still not completely comfortable with dropping the full "load" for this machine. I'll let them remind me to pay it.

Sounds like a bug somewhere... I'd mail Barry and explain the problem...

#2768 5 years ago

I meant to say let them vent (stupid iPhone auto correct)

#2769 5 years ago

I'm still hoping this is one game that gets produced.

#2770 5 years ago

For whatever its worth I'm bowing out of this thread and will be read only. Feel free to call me on my bullshit if I slip and post during a mental lapse. (Possible Happy Hour)

I stand by my opinion on this situation but I'm a bit embarrassed by my snarky attitude and flashes of ego.

I sent Inhomearcades a private message concerning our banter. Very nice exchange and I think I've acquired a new friend.

#2771 5 years ago

The situation presented is one of dysfunction.
It is obvious that there are financial difficulties. There can not be 2 companies representing DP.
The lack of communication from DP is glaring.
This is a gone dead train.

I went through an almost 3 year wait with JJP., I was lucky, they were lucky. Never again pre-order.

It is obvious DP is dead in the water.

Get your money back if you can. By the way, I have not ordered this game, nor do I own it etc for the peanut gallery. Nor do I have any conspiracies.

Just good money money management.

I love pinball,

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

The situation presented is one of dysfunction.
It is obvious that there are financial difficulties. There can not be 2 companies representing DP.
The lack of communication from DP is glaring.
This is a gone dead train.
I went through an almost 3 year wait with JJP., I was lucky, they were lucky. Never again pre-order.
It is obvious DP is dead in the water.
Get your money back if you can. By the way, I have not ordered this game, nor do I own it etc for the peanut gallery. Nor do I have any conspiracies.
Just good money money management.

- That's just your opinion man...

#2773 5 years ago

It has been a month since we got those initial (unrequested) refunds. I don't think it is unreasonable for me to be upset that this still hasn't been sorted out. Whether you are in or out at this point doesn't matter, this needs to be resolved.

DP: Get your shit together.

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I sent Inhomearcades a private message concerning our banter. Very nice exchange and I think I've acquired a new friend.

For sure.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

It has been a month since we got those initial (unrequested) refunds. I don't think it is unreasonable for me to be upset that this still hasn't been sorted out. Whether you are in or out at this point doesn't matter, this needs to be resolved.
DP: Get your shit together.

Meanwhile, the loonie is getting beat up by the market and expected to drop another nickel against the US dollar.

#2776 5 years ago

News by Friday please.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Meanwhile, the loonie is getting beat up by the market and expected to drop another nickel against the US dollar.

Which has nothing to do with this thread or my reasons for wanting a refund. Keep that discussion in an off topic thread; this one has more than enough off-topic banter filling it up.

#2778 5 years ago

Are the refunds being processed already?

#2779 5 years ago

Been quiet on this thread. Maybe refunds are being looked after.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from JDee:

Are the refunds being processed already?

No.

Quoted from Nilroc:

Been quiet on this thread. Maybe refunds are being looked after.

No. I was told to be quiet and keep waiting.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

No.

No. I was told to be quiet and keep waiting.

that blows.

#2782 5 years ago

Those of us in want you to get your refund. We are hoping the legal parts of getting Phil out and clarity that lets you out is resolved very soon. I truly believe all will be well be the end of the month .

#2783 5 years ago

Absolutely. I want all those that want refunds to receive them.
Hopefully before the end the month.
Just this great project to get back on track again.
All of us that are staying in have a lot of money invested and only want this great machine to be made so all us Dudes out there can enjoy!

image-581.jpg

#2784 5 years ago

Just IMO, I wonder if Phil took out too much money for his own salary, expenses, etc..
and DP is shell-shocked by it.?

#2785 5 years ago

Wtf? Based on anything ? Would your seriously post something just made up from scratch?

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Wtf? Based on anything ? Would your seriously post something just made up from scratch?

Welcome to the internet.

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

A lot of that going around here lately

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I'm pretty sure Phil took out way too much money for his own salary, expenses, etc..
and DP is shell-shocked by it., they didn't know before, but after the %$&t hit the fan, they thought, "oh god no"...and reality set in..and then when they see the balance in the DP USA account..(at some point)..it's OMG?

So, now, they are in the "he's stollen 100,000 of dollar's phase,. and what can we do about it phase?

Most insulting statement in that thread so far.

#2789 5 years ago

Heck, I don't know what he has done, I'm just upset this all happened.

#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

He's done something, and took something, that's a no given,,,just how much, IS DP's guess..and can tell us..

Go home, you're drunk.

#2792 5 years ago

So what's the latest news to date? Has DP stated that all refunds are being processed?? Has there been a significant update from DP as of late???

#2793 5 years ago

Phil mentioned he was paying DP bills from his credit card. I am sure that he either withdrew this money that he had paid into DP from the USA customer PayPal account or he wants the money before signing any papers. DP needs to explain their finances right away. It is odd that PHil only made some refunds. It looks bad, but I'm hoping for the best.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I'm pretty sure Phil took out way too much money for his own salary, expenses, etc..
and DP is shell-shocked by it., they didn't know before, but after the %$&t hit the fan, they thought, "oh god no"...and reality set in..and then when they see the balance in the DP USA account..(at some point)..it's OMG?
So, now, they are in the "he's done something big phase"....

I'm pretty sure you expose yourself to strangers at the local playground.

I have as much proof of that statement as you do for yours... But shit, why not put it out there, right?

#2795 5 years ago

Child molesters dude

imgres-4.jpg
#2796 5 years ago

I'll be out of here as soon as I get my refund.

#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm pretty sure you expose yourself to strangers at the local playground.
I have as much proof of that statement as you do for yours... But shit, why not put it out there, right?

Most people here are getting upset about conjecture but at this point the only people to blame for that is DP. If they would actually inform thier customers of what is going on we wouldn't be hearing about these conspiracy theories. DP is long overdue for action and explanation and until that happens people are going to continue to guess as to why this whole situation has not been resolved. Bottom line is refunds have not been given, communication is lacking and for all we know it could be a long time coming.

I don't understand people's need to defend DP to the death, if an individual conducted themselves this way on this forum and not DP, people would be looking to stone them.

#2798 5 years ago

I don't understand people's need to defend DP to the death,

Big supporter but I agree. They need to push for closure.

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Big supporter but I agree. They need to push for closure.

I am a supporter as well, although I don't come across that way most of the time. I think people find it hard to understand that you can support a company and at the same time criticize that company. Everyone here seems to be very black and white on the subject. Just like Curtis_playfield giving my statement a thumbs down. I don't get that, what I said is very honest and not bashing DP, just stating facts and yet he will thumbs down it because those facts are not pro DP. People need to understand you can support a company and question them all at the same time.

#2800 5 years ago

I think people find it hard to understand that you can support a company and at the same time criticize that company.

It's the same thing in politics. People support a specific elected official and they become unable or unwilling to see and/or admit any faults in the person's words or actions. You pick a side and dammit, that side can do no wrong. I think it goes to individual insecurities (Because, if the side you picked is wrong or did something stupid that means you are stupid for picking the side) and/or laziness (not willing to invest the time to actually cogitate and really consider opposing opinions). It's a shame when people feel threatened by differing opinions but, alas, this is not a DP issue it's a people issue. Enough pontification. Onto the topic at hand "DP/Phil is a crook" (I started to type fill-in-the-blank is a crook but I figured someone would read it as Phil is at the bank and is a crook, which would set off another 300 post of speculation as to why he was at the bank )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside