Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 77.
#201 4 years ago

mind_blown.gif
#202 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

well...as the dude says....thats like his opinion man...

not his opinion, it says so in the vip letter today

#203 4 years ago

Looks like I only got one payment refund of $1500. Still have $4000 stuck it seems.

#204 4 years ago

I just got on here after I saw I had a refund and I seriously can't believe this, unreal.

#205 4 years ago

Nobody fucks with the Weinberg !

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

Yeah, uh..... abort, abort time?

you bet your ass!

I got a refund - lucky

but I would strongly jump on calling your credit card provider or paypal (although i have no idea what their policy is).

This sucks.

#207 4 years ago

I'd have to say, I didn't see this coming!picture-4.jpg

#208 4 years ago

Phil, please answer one question.

Is there enough money in the account to refund all the people that you "refunded" and that asked for one?

#209 4 years ago

And as some of you know, I don't know how many good years I've got left, but I am sure as hell not leaving my family with a crapload of debt for pinball machine refunds, and I am not leaving my legacy as someone who was involved in something like this.

I've been telling Barry since Nov. 1. Get a Taxpayer ID (ITIN) and take over DP USA. Or find an American to take over. I don't care what you do. I even agreed to give up ALL the profits of both businesses. That's how much I want to get the hell away from this thing.

Here we are, 6 weeks later, nothing. I bugged him a few times in November, not as much as I would have liked -- blame it on oncology -- and then a harsh reminder on Dec. 1.

But now, pics from NYC come out... Sorry, but I cannot assume this risk. They have no social security numbers. They don't have the same risk in this.

#210 4 years ago

Phil!

Do we all need to get the refunds?????

#211 4 years ago

The theft part seems more like Barry was taking a salary off bop orders.. I guess I don't have a problem with this and wouldn't call it theft really. And those are shipping / close to it so OK.. Not a big deal to me.

The licensing issues being claimed as so far as they put the license in jeopardy is more concerning.

#212 4 years ago

Edit stayed in

#213 4 years ago

Did you guys get a 100% refund or just a partial?

#214 4 years ago

I actually emailed Barry this week asking for a refund, and haven't received one yet. How worried should I be?

#215 4 years ago

I asked them to please take over, you'll have full access to paypal, customer lists, and I'll keep my mouth shut.

I won't even tell Gary or Jack my idea of using a machine as a jukebox. Plugging in a USB with music, and using the flippers to forward and reverse, having the machine light up to the beat.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I asked them to please take over, you'll have full access to paypal, customer lists, and I'll keep my mouth shut.
I won't even tell Gary or Jack my idea of using a machine as a jukebox. Plugging in a USB with music, and using the flippers to forward and reverse, having the machine light up to the beat.

Cool idea

#217 4 years ago

What is the DP position on this little snafu?

Does the VIP communication address the apparent sabotage?

#218 4 years ago

And I won't give them my idea for putting a real speedometer on the center shot (two sensors), so not only does your shot have to be perfectly straight, but it also has to be (scaled speed) faster than 88 miles an hour to light the flux capacitor.

#219 4 years ago

How do we request refunds? PayPal immediately closed my claim for my first deposit because it "was older than 45 days" old.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

What is the DP position on this little snafu?
Does the VIP communication address the apparent sabotage?

I suggest you read the thread.

#221 4 years ago

DP VIP Email

Dear VIPs,

Although we would rather be focussing fully on our extremely fun VIP party in NYC - we want to take a moment and address some of the confusion that may have been caused by the refunds on some of your orders.

Although Phil announced to leave the company, he officially still is one of the three share holders of Dutch Pinball USA Inc. and in charge of the Dutch Pinball USA Inc. PayPal and bank account. The company building the game is Dutch Pinball BV and owned by Jaap and Barry.

We did everything in our power to settle issues in a normal way with Phil, but unfortunately he decided to take matters in his own hands and is doing whatever he's doing for reasons we don't know. We really regret your involvement in this situation and we hope we can settle this as soon as possible so we can focus on fun things again.

Our goal is to make awesome games. This will not be changed or damaged by an individual who just wants to discredit our success and/or our project(s).

Phil started some PayPal USA Inc. refunds without us knowing. Please don't worry, your order is still there and you will not lose your place in line.

As soon as your money is refunded, please go to your status page and 'retry' the payment(s). If you pay again like this, the payments will be processed to a new PayPal account and you're all done and your order is secured. If for some reason you can't retry, or if it doesn't work, please let us know. We might need a couple of days to fix this since it's weekend and some of us are in New York.

If your money is not (yet) refunded, you can always dispute this on your PayPal account to force a refund

Nothing else will change and all terms and conditions will remain the same for delivering your game and future games.

We are Dutch Pinball and are still on track to create this and many more awesome games!

Thanks for being a VIP and we hope to meet you again soon.

If you have any further questions, or concerns, please contact us at sales@dutchpinball.com. It might take some time to process all emails.

Team Dutch Pinball
Barry
Freek
Guus
Jaap
Jean-paul
Jules
Koen
Roel
Scott

#222 4 years ago

or any of those other crazy ideas that couldn't come from "just a marketing guy"

All I want is out. When I was in DP, I didn't have the strength to argue the legal and ethical way to do business, and now, I certainly don't have the strength to fight to get out of it. Cancer's a cruel bitch, right?

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

So when the game was brought to expo you and dutch pinball didn't have the approval of universal to advertise the machine in its current state? So how many items on the playfield have not been approved?

#224 4 years ago

This all makes me sad. Super excited about this one. Phil's story is sounding plausible. DP better come out with their side of the story quick, and it better be a good one, or I'm guessing those refunds stay refunded. Mine will at least. If what Phil is saying is true, and he dumped back the money before the DP train could crash in licensing hell while spending that money, then does that make him our hero???

Again, it would be nice to hear from the other side first. A short email is not going to cut it DP. I hope everything turns out golden, games get made, and no one gets burned, but there is definitely smoke right now. Hope those wanting refunds get them.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

I suggest you read the thread.

The communication in the VIP letter was posted and then removed.
Or maybe everything is happening too fast for me to keep up.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

How do we request refunds? PayPal immediately closed my claim for my first deposit because it "was older than 45 days" old.

Send a note to Barry....as its been since the beginning.

#227 4 years ago

I need a drink AND a shower.

#228 4 years ago

All I want is to get out of this company. One way or another. Burningman, you're an honest guy, with a wife that keeps you that way. You want the company, it's yours -- IF you agree to push Barry and Jaap towards doing things the RIGHT way. You promise: Integrity First. Service Before Self. Excellence in ALL You Do.

You agree to that, and I sign this thing over to you right now.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I need a drink AND a shower.

Shower soda.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

So how many items on the playfield have not been approved?

There was NO approval for the playfield as of the date I left in November. There was no approval for any advertising.

#231 4 years ago

I wanted this game so bad, this is a travesty.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

flux capacitor.

Oh man, who cares about my BoP 2.0 payment. I really don't want to see DP fail if BTTF is next.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Oh man. I really don't want to see this fail if BTTF is next.

BTTF makes sense as it's a Universal property.

#234 4 years ago

Email dated March 7, from Julie at Universal to me:

-------

Hi, Phil. I have been swamped this and I’m catching up on emails and voicemails. I’m very pleased that you are stepping in to help. It sounds like that will aid in getting this project on a good trajectory.

I don’t think our frustration has stemmed from any cultural differences. Our frustration arose from their lack of understanding that the Big Lebowski assets are restricted to the approved set we have, and that while additional talent approvals are possible for most of the cast, they are just not possible for John Goodman. Frankly, I’m also worried that DP do not understand what an artistic rendering is.

-------

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

It's like your virginity... you can only lose it once.

A lot of people just lost their pre-order virginity...

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

And I won't give them my idea for putting a real speedometer on the center shot (two sensors), so not only does your shot have to be perfectly straight, but it also has to be (scaled speed) faster than 88 miles an hour to light the flux capacitor.

Kind of like on Vector, nice idea.

#237 4 years ago

ThndrBdEject.gif
#238 4 years ago

How do we request our deposits be refunded?!?!? PayPal will not let me open a ticket on anything older than 45 days old.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

Email dated March 7, from Julie at Universal to me:
-------
Hi, Phil. I have been swamped this and I’m catching up on emails and voicemails. I’m very pleased that you are stepping in to help. It sounds like that will aid in getting this project on a good trajectory.
I don’t think our frustration has stemmed from any cultural differences. Our frustration arose from their lack of understanding that The Big Lebowski assets are restricted to the approved set we have, and that while additional talent approvals are possible for most of the cast, they are just not possible for John Goodman. Frankly, I’m also worried that DP do not understand what an artistic rendering is.
-------

Wait, so what can you do if you can't use John Goodman's voice or likeness? Arguably, he's 50% of what this movie so appealing. And if this is Goodman's doing, then WTF? You'd sign your rights for the Flintstones (good game but shitty movie) but not TBL???

#240 4 years ago

This is the week that the pre-order model went -

KA-BOOM-1-1024x1024.jpg
#241 4 years ago

I will do everything in my power to process all refunds as quickly as possible. If they are over 45 days old, I will probably have to go through PayPal support. I'll call them on Monday. I suppose that gives the boys two days to figure out how they want to proceed.

I have to get some rest. It has not been one of my good days.

#242 4 years ago

looks-like-I-picked-wrong-week-to-quit-drinking.jpg
#243 4 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Wait, so what can you do if you can't use John Goodman's voice or likeness? Arguably, he's 50% of what this movie so appealing. And if this is Goodman's doing, then WTF? You'd sign your rights for the Flintstones (good game but shitty movie) but not TBL???

As per the email, they can use his likeness but only the images which are already approved, see here:

Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

The Big Lebowski assets are restricted to the approved set we have

#244 4 years ago

Vonnie DP.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

It says additional talent approvals.. I.e., If you want to use something out of the preapproved set then you have to go to actor. In this case, thats is Something that can be approached for other actors but not john for some reason

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Lol, yeah be pissed off at Goodman for not signing away his rights for free... Don't place any blame on the company who decided they could use his likeness anyway they wanted without his permission?

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

TBL without Walter? What's the point?

#248 4 years ago

R.I.P. Pre-order 2014

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Looks like the death of pre-order has arrived.

+1.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

More hypothesis: DP was trying to work out an arrangement with Phil, but Phil got annoyed with the process and took matters into his own hands by issuing refunds (and removing himself completely from TBL project) without DP knowing he was going to do it. Kinda like how he quit DP in the first place

Looks like you hit the nail on the head dude!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside