Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 77.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I could not agree more. This thread is filled with more conjecture than a conservative radio host's daily rant.

Well DP's complete radio silence is not helping their case at this point.
Come on guys... tell us something!

#2402 4 years ago

Just received a reply from Barry - DP are preparing a newsletter/update for tomorrow.

#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Just received a reply from Barry - DP are preparing a newsletter/update for tomorrow.

Oh no. Real facts? Are they allowed here? (sarcasm)

#2404 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I could not agree more. This thread is filled with more conjecture than a conservative radio host's daily rant. People have jumped to so many wild ass conclusions concerning TBL and DP; and all because of a loose cannon partner who decided it was best to air his personal business grievances in a thread on Pinside without providing any proof of his accusations.

DP not being able to access ANY funds in the DP USA account to either refund them or apply them to the game I have ordered is a huge concern. This is not made up fear or panic. They have stated in multiple emails that as of right now I should be looking for ways to get my money back. And have NEVER specifically stated that my money still stands on a pre order if not recovered. I'm not worried about how long the refund has taken. However, they have said "they are working on it".

I am speaking as someone that is fully involved with this. I am not someone that didn't order the game. I am also not someone that got the auto refund earlier this month. My money is currently missing. I don't know if its even still there. Dutch Pinball hasn't even been able to tell me anything. Phil, Barry, Jaap, and everyone else has turned silent.

#2405 4 years ago

But... I did get my shirt!!!

To clarify: if things do get sorted out, I want to get back in on this game. Its such a cool project. Everything that has happened this past month is just such a disappointment.

#2406 4 years ago

It is amazing how much fear and panic one person can cause.
I'm still in because I'm impressed with what DP has produced so far. The video of PAPA and fellow Pinsiders I have communicated with who have actually seen and played TBL.
DP is not one person. It is a team. I have complete faith in the DP team completing this machine from communicating with Barry and discussing my concerns.
I'm sure all of us that have not abandoned ship will be very happy with the outcome.
TBL is going to be a fantastic Pinball machine!
Have faith Dudes!

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really?
Who *doesn't* want it made?
I want it made! Doesn't mean that I'm going to pre-order a $9k pin under these circumstances. I think there is a lot more to decide than just if we want it made. Everyone has to look at their own priorities and aversions to risk and decide for themselves whether it makes sense to do so.

i want it made... the theme makes it one of two "modern" pinball machines that i would rub my neck and write 'em a check and acquire (a "rush" machine would be the other, but that'll never happen )...

and you know how much i dislike modern pinball...

#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I got an email from him as well. Really need an update before we give them another 2000 tomorrow.

#2409 4 years ago

If you are still in on TBL, good for you, I hope it works out and you get your pin slightly earlier in the queue than you originally wanted, and you get to hold your head high as a True Believer™.

But for christ sake, quit shaming people who, for whatever reason, want DP to make good on their promise that they could get out at any time. No one forced DP to make that promise.

Does anyone believe that, even if DP had access to all the funds, they could make good on that promise to 100% of their customers if they all requested refunds? If the answer is no, then they should never have made that promise, and should have tied refunds to selling your spot in line.

Funding your company with pre-order money and 100% guaranteed refunds are incompatible concepts. Good intentions don't mean anything. If you couldn't make good on it, you shouldn't have made that promise. For an example of how to do it right, back when Multimorphic was taking pre-order deposits, ALL of the money remained untouched in an account, as they were serious about ensuring that customers were protected from risk. They never funded development with preorder money. Now they require zero money up front to reserve your game.

As for their handling of Phil and the money he locked them out of, I put the blame on them. Phil quit Nov 1 very publicly. He still had control of the money A MONTH LATER when he locked them out. And their solution to the problem, as we saw in that Dec 3rd email, was just to insist he stay on and continue to manage that money and pay the bills from it.

Then when people requested their refunds, instead of taking ownership of a problem they allowed to happen (By not securing the funds when Phil quit AND spending preorder money on development, ensuring they couldn't refund everyone) they made it their customers' problem. What needed to happen was assurances that ALL refund requests would be met as soon as THEY remedied the situation with Phil, and that they were devoting all energies to get it remedied as soon as possible with ample communication. Instead, people got emails saying they were sending refund requests to Phil, thus turning their corporate infighting into the customer's problem. And god forbid you paid with a method other than Paypal, because they seem to have zero accounting for where any of that money went.

There is no reason to shame people for not supporting pinball because they no longer have confidence in the company. They definitely got hit with an unexpected crisis, but their handling of that crisis alone is enough for reasonable people to no longer trust them with their money. In addition to that, plenty has happened in the industry to discredit the entire pre-order funded business model. Soberly assessing those facts doesn't mean these people aren't supporting the hobby. This is the pinball business, not a church. Good feelings and a shared desire for a game to exist is not enough to actually will a game into existence at the end of a production line.

I fully believe that should DP be able to survive this, get people refunded who want refunds, and find a way to finance the rest of development the hard way, they will have a very viable business model selling these games. Despite all of their missteps, SO MANY people in this thread, even their biggest vocal critics, want the game to exist, and a large chunk of those want to buy it. If the business plan was solid and the game would be profitable at $9k, I think the demonstrable demand would be more than enough to ensure the game gets made somehow or another, like Roger Sharpe said. If they can't survive refunding everyone, that's nobody's fault but their own, and certainly not the fault of the customers.

(Seriously, if you guys want to support innovation in pinball, go put your name on the list for a P3 at www.multimorphic.com. A healthy list of supporters helps them secure third party financing, and not 1 cent is due before the game enters production. If it starts production and you still aren't convinced it is right for you, you don't have to do a thing, your order is automatically cancelled with zero penalty 15 days after non-payment.

Or go buy an AMH from spooky and pay for the game, not development. Supporting pinball doesn't have to mean risking your money as an interest-free loan. Investors get equity in exchange for risk. The pre-order model passes that risk onto customers without costing the company any equity. Please stop spreading the myth that that is the only way non-stern pinball can be made. I just gave you 2 examples to the contrary. It's harder, but it is the right way to do things.)

#2410 4 years ago

Good god. If you are honestly shamed in to staying get a refund and a pair of balls. Every one here is hopefully adult enough to read both sides see tomorrow's update and make a decision after weighing everything.
Meanwhile I certainly don't go on to those other games threads suggesting folks move their orders over. Now that is classless. Even worse why are you even commenting when you have not bought a new game since when? Or worse , ever?
I certainly appreciate both sides by brothers in the same boat but seriously your position is moot.

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I considered long and hard preordering this game when it was first announced, and I'm so very glad I didn't. I considered it because of the refundable preorders.
Really feel bad for everyone who wants out and hasn't gotten a refund.

Hwawonyu said:
"If you want to make a run and slow it down and be part of hindering vs helping then its a shame you got in."

What's really a shame is to try and make people feel guilty about wanting their money, as if they are somehow abandoning the hobby / not supporting pinball. They are a company offering a product, and there are customers. Emotion does not need to factor into it.

Hwawonyu said:
"More importantly we now have Roger Sharpe involved so its a safe bet those concerns are being more than handled."

Also, not trying to single you out, but sentiments like these have abounded and I just. don't. get. it. So what? Roger Sharpe is a cool dude, and has an amazingly successful history in the business, but the man is not Jesus. Shaking out license issues does not liquidity, or a pinball machine, make.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

If you are still in on TBL, good for you, I hope it works out and you get your pin slightly earlier in the queue than you originally wanted, and you get to hold your head high as a True Believer™.
But for christ sake, quit shaming people who, for whatever reason, want DP to make good on their promise that they could get out at any time.

Help me please, the True Believers are holding a gun to my head... I feel so ashamed.

image.jpg
#2413 4 years ago

This thread is meaningless BS until the next newsletter goes out.

#2414 4 years ago

No is not. DP now knows what they must do. If the newsletter tomorrow is another dance around the fact that they are not taking responsibility for the money they took, and are not discussing their finances at all, then we have a real problem.

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

DP is not one person. It is a team.

I bet this guy is not finishing the pre alpha game code but is instead logging onto Dutch CL looking at job postings since DP is sinking fast! LOL.

image-169.jpg
#2416 4 years ago

Well let me be the first to say If TBL does not get made then I am going to be the first to preorder The Pin VE

image-762.jpg

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Good god. If you are honestly shamed in to staying get a refund and a pair of balls. Every one here is hopefully adult enough to read both sides see tomorrow's update and make a decision after weighing everything.
Meanwhile I certainly don't go on to those other games threads suggesting folks move their orders over. Now that is classless. Even worse why are you even commenting when you have not bought a new game since when? Or worse , ever?
I certainly appreciate both sides by brothers in the same boat but seriously your position is mute.

Perhaps "shaming" was too strong a word, but the point still stands that a common tactic on this thread has been to question people's devotion to the hobby because they wanted money back. I think that argument tactic is bullshit. I do not believe the tactic is actually causing anyone to reconsider.

I understand the sentiment that those not invested in the platform shouldn't contribute to discussing this affair, however I respectfully disagree. Ask DP to make an owners only blog like JPOP if you feel only their input is valid. I think this ordeal, which is having repercussions throughout the hobby, is exactly the kind of thing to be discussed by everyone.

I also understand not liking the mentioning other manufacturers in threads like these. But, like I said, the intent was to show actual examples of pinball being developed by non-stern entities while not relying on pre-order money. It isn't to say "this game sucks, those games rule". It is to say "there is another way to do this, and in the case of multimorphic, there is a way to support new non-stern pinball development without risking any money. In the case of Spooky, development is done, you are just buying a game. In a discussion about whether or not new pinball design would be possible without the pre-order model, I think it is entirely germane. I have heard numerous times that nothing would be possible without the Pro-Order business model. These were my examples otherwise.

I never intended to convince people who were enthusiastic about TBL to abandon it and switch their allegiances to another mfg, and I never thought anyone was that impressionable. I tried very hard not to be classless, I apologize if I failed in that endeavor.

Post edited by Sjsilver: making it grammar gooder.

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Major point being missed. They have a game that is easy to sell. Even the worst case at this point just means slower production.

Good point. Because great designs always make it to the market!

(Texted from the front seat of my '48 Tucker Sedan)

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

texting and driving.

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

but after I get done talking with Universal, DP won't have a TBL a license.

So what´s your plan dude, pay Universal to pull the liucence on TBL to screw DP and kill the project, or some other cunning plan? Do tell...

Quoted from zucot:

This thread is meaningless BS until the next newsletter goes out.

Probably meaningless bullshit after that too!

OK, here´s a question for all you little urban presumers out there... it has been stated that Phil got nervous of business practices and potential licensing issues and therefore started this whole fiasco... and many have agreed with this idea... my question is: can anyone explain where this knowledge came from? It is simply what Phil said... If all you have to do is say something for it to be fact, then I have a 12" dick! No really, it must be true... I said it

The point is that we don´t know thst Phil actually got nervous about this at all... we just know that he said he did, and that was his ´excuse´ for starting all of this... since then people are bailing ship left right and center... The panic from one man´s words is astounding!

#2421 4 years ago

Tl;dr

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Quoted from LITZ:

texting and driving.

Who said he was driving???

boom-car.jpg

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

OK, here´s a question for all you little urban presumers out there... it has been stated that Phil got nervous of business practices and potential licensing issues and therefore started this whole fiasco... and many have agreed with this idea... my question is: can anyone explain where this knowledge came from? It is simply what Phil said... If all you have to do is say something for it to be fact, then I have a 12" dick! No really, it must be true... I said it

The point is that we don´t know that Phil actually got nervous about this at all... we just know that he said he did, and that was his ´excuse´ for starting all of this... since then people are bailing ship left right and center... The panic from one man´s words is astounding!

A lot of stuff came to light because of Phil's public airing of grievances, but you don't have to believe almost anything he said to find big issues with DP as a company. Their response to a partner leaving the company and their money management choices, all of which we have evidence of without Phil's claims, give people plenty of reasons to question their business practices. Even if you think EVERYTHING Phil said was a lie, you can just look at how things were handled and find enough to be legitimately troubled.

As far as the license goes, I think there has been plenty of misreadings of what Phil actually said. His grievance list was a retelling of his frustrations throughout the process with Barry and Jaap, not a list of everything that was currently wrong with TBL. Plenty of people read comments about John Goodman and misinterpreted it to mean they might not be able to use him at all, when in reality what was stated is that they couldn't use him beyond the pre-approved set of assets that they already had. In fact the Backglass had already been approved, and what was left was the voice call-outs and a few things on the playfield.

It was Phil's opinion that they were pissing off universal and were risking the license needlessly, and that opinion was not shared by Roger Sharpe after he stepped in. I chalk that up to the difference in experience level between the two of them when it comes to the licensing process, nothing more malicious than that. But I suppose you can also chalk it up to lies on Phil's side if you want. One thing that Roger said over and over again is that so much of the license issues up to that point had been handled very well, and unless you are just firmly in the "Phil is the devil" camp, you have to give him credit for that since he was their license mediator up until he quit.

So I half agree with you, people were getting a wrong idea from a misreading of what Phil said, and he did nothing to correct those misreadings. If people are still worried about the license, they shouldn't, because THAT is what they are hiring Roger Sharpe to take care of, and he has put his well earned reputation on the line in publicly insisting everything is under control.

But saying that the lack of confidence in the company is just mass hysteria because everyone blindly trusts the one sided ravings of a disgruntled ex partner is being willfully obtuse about all of the other things we have seen with our own eyes. You are perfectly fine to view their response and handling of the entire situation to be of no concern, but it's also completely valid to have those things shake your confidence in the company.

The big upside to all of this is that everyone WANTS DP to make TBL's and to be able to play them. Many just are no longer willing to take the risk of financing them. It's not a terrible place for them to be. They somehow managed to self finance plenty of the development up to this point, They just need to make it to production and they can start selling them like crazy. It's not a terrible place to be, as long as they are able to refund everyone who asks like they promised.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Aurich, there are a couple of notable red flags in this very thread regarding the company's liquidity (e.g., upstreaming of funds to pay for affiliate expenses, some refunds issued while others are still on hold). The latter appears to be in direct conflict with the company's stated policy that customer deposits are fully refundable.

Agreed, 100%. But that can also all be explained by simply being bad at business. Which I think it's pretty obvious is a fact, even if they're great at designing pinballs.

From what I've heard they have outside financing, which is how they got all this great work done before taking any money. I don't know if that's true, or what the details are. But obviously there was a ton of work done before pre-orders opened, something paid for that time.

Here it is, the literal end of the year, and they're not saying anything (edit: apparently a newsletter email tomorrow?). I'm not super hopeful it's all going smoothly. But I also think it's a little early to say they've collapsed.

#2425 4 years ago

OK, here´s a question for all you little urban presumers out there... it has been stated that Phil got nervous of business practices and potential licensing issues and therefore started this whole fiasco... and many have agreed with this idea... my question is: can anyone explain where this knowledge came from? It is simply what Phil said...

FWIW his story has been the same since he left DP. It just didn't go public until this thread.

#2426 4 years ago

So what´s your plan dude, pay Universal to pull the liucence on TBL to screw DP and kill the project, or some other cunning plan? Do tell...

The point is that we don´t know thst Phil actually got nervous about this at all... we just know that he said he did, and that was his ´excuse´ for starting all of this... since then people are bailing ship left right and center... The panic from one man´s words is astounding!

I ordered TBL less than two hours after it was announced. I wish them nothing but the best of luck and total success. I think the machine is a masterpiece. TBL a will not get made however, if they defraud USA customers. That's all I am saying. I am not donating $5500. I am confident they will fix everything shortly. The panic has grown because DP refuses to issue refunds. The fear is that the money is gone and DP will try and disconnect themselves from this so called USA debt.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed, 100%. But that can also all be explained by simply being bad at business. Which I think it's pretty obvious is a fact, even if they're great at designing pinballs.
From what I've heard they have outside financing, which is how they got all this great work done before taking any money. I don't know if that's true, or what the details are. But obviously there was a ton of work done before pre-orders opened, something paid for that time.
Here it is, the literal end of the year, and they're not saying anything (edit: apparently a newsletter email tomorrow?). I'm not super hopeful it's all going smoothly. But I also think it's a little early to say they've collapsed.

The amount of financing required for the development stage is typically MUCH lower than the amount of financing required for the production stage, so even if they had some outside financing during development, that doesn't necessarily mean that they have enough for production.

The fact that they haven't refunded all the deposits requested could be for a number of reasons (e.g., bad management, poor record keeping, insolvency). None of us know the real reason right now, but people smell smoke and they understandably think "fire".

I'm not arguing that DP has collapsed. I'm simply saying that their liquidity is in doubt, and that is a MUCH bigger issue than the licensing EVER was. DP's management needs to clearly address this concern and either completely dispel it with definitive proof, or acknowledge it and demonstrate what they are doing to correct it. Failing to address the issue with explicit words and actions could very well accelerate the recent "run on the bank".

#2428 4 years ago

Third instalment paid.
All in Dudes!

image-541.jpg

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Third instalment paid.
All in Dudes!

image-541.jpg 18 KB

Dude... Look in the mirror
image-615.jpg

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I certainly appreciate both sides by brothers in the same boat but seriously your position is mute.

moot (not "mute")

#2431 4 years ago

Has Roger Sharp said something officialafter he wascalled by dp?

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

FWIW his story has been the same since he left DP. It just didn't go public until this thread.

One thing I was told as a kid by my parents was that if I´m going to lie, I have to stick to the same story

Quoted from Sjsilver:

but you don't have to believe almost anything he said to find big issues with DP as a company.

Define big. I´m not saying there were no issues at all, but the point is that whatever issues that were there (displaying at expo a not 100% approved game, whatever other claims at a flwaless business practice have been proven) were not harming the business to a significant degree, if any at all... probably helping business. It was also not harming the ability for the game to get made...

What Phil did, however, is having a significant effect on the business... not because of any problems the business had, but because of the widespread panic causing people to pull out... if everyone pulls out, DP will have no customers to pin any hopes of selling a game on... where will that leave them? I got in bacause I want the pin... getting out because of Phil´s panic tactics isn´t going to help anything apart from whatever agenda Phil had for causing the panic... which was NOT to make TBL a success.

#2433 4 years ago

Then DP should have come out and refuted it all with evidence. Now, I realize they don't have to, but I think it would be in their best interest.

#2434 4 years ago

One thing I was told as a kid by my parents was that if I´m going to lie, I have to stick to the same story

Define big. I´m not saying there were no issues at all, but the point is that whatever issues that were there (displaying at expo a not 100% approved game, whatever other claims at a flwaless business practice have been proven) were not harming the business to a significant degree, if any at all... probably helping business. It was also not harming the ability for the game to get made...
What Phil did, however, is having a significant effect on the business... not because of any problems the business had, but because of the widespread panic causing people to pull out... if everyone pulls out, DP will have no customers to pin any hopes of selling a game on... where will that leave them? I got in bacause I want the pin... getting out because of Phil´s panic tactics isn´t going to help anything apart from whatever agenda Phil had for causing the panic... which was NOT to make TBL a success.

Getting out will save people thousands of dollars.

#2435 4 years ago

Not really I think its delayed production
Which is probably his plan…if he's the sole controller of the paypal account why does he not refund everyone's money so we can buy back in if we wish and he can dissolve DP USA?
I think he enjoys having this amount of power, he's certainly not behaving like a dude who just wants out, despite saying so in a public forum.

#2436 4 years ago

NSN coming today. Confirmed with Barry via email.

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not really I think its delayed production
Which is probably his plan…if he's the sole controller of the paypal account why does he not refund everyone's money so we can buy back in if we wish and he can dissolve DP USA?
I think he enjoys having this amount of power, he's certainly not behaving like a dude who just wants out, despite saying so in a public forum.

Dude, Phil is battling stage 4 cancer. This is not a power trip for him. He wants OUT!

There are several possible reasons that he's not refunding the money (e.g., the account may already be depleted, he may not know who the remaining funds belong to because he doesn't have the customer records, he may be under a temporary restraining order preventing him from taking further actions). No one knows right now except the current partners, but the DP management team can clear a lot of these issues up by communicating with their stakeholders. Hopefully that will occur sooner rather than later.

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dude... Look in the mirror

image-615.jpg 7 KB

image-760.jpg

Well you look at that.
Who would of thought. Man of the Year

#2439 4 years ago

JUST RECEIVED THIS:

2014 has been a special year for Dutch Pinball with a lot of highlights like the introduction of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball prototypes at Pinball Expo. And of course shipping the first Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Upgrade kits was also very exciting!

Unfortunately the last month of the year was not good. Phil decided to leave the company in a rather unusual way. We took several actions and we are happy to welcome Jeff Marchetti (CGMA, CPA) to help us restoring DP USA Inc. and Roger Sharpe to help us out with licensing. Things look good. We are working on a solution with the respective parties and we see a positive resolution coming soon.

Special "Achiever Edition"

For you VIPs who stayed with us* we have a special surprise. You will receive your machine with a special and numbered "Achiever Edition" plaque including a 'Certificate of Authenticity' to thank you for your continuous support.

(plaque design & position not final)

* We know some of you have had an unrequested refund. If you have received an unrequested refund, but still want to own this special "Achiever Edition", please go in your payment status page and click on 'retry' to make the payments again to our new account.

The Big Lebowski™ Pinball Soundtrack

We already revealed that The Big Lebowski Pinball™ will feature 20 licensed songs from the movie. Here is the complete track list: (including CCR of course!)

The Man In Me (Bob Dylan)
Ataypura (Yma Sumac)
Behave Yourself (Booker T. & the M.G.s)
Hotel California (Gipsy Kings)
I Hate You (The Monks)
Just Dropped In. To See What Condition My Condition Was In (Kenny Rogers)
Lookin' Out My Back Door (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Lujon (Henry Mancini)
Mucha Muchacha (Juan García Esquivel)
My Mood Swings (Elvis Costello)
Oye Como Va (Santana)
Peaceful Easy Feeling (The Eagles)
Piacere Sequence (Teo Usuelli)
Requiem in D Minor (Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra)
Run through the Jungle (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Traffic Boom (Piero Piccioni)
Tumbling Tumbleweeds (Sons of the Pioneers)
Viva Las Vegas (Elvis)
Walking Song (Meredith Monk)
Technopop (Carter Burwell)

Men's Journal - 2014 Gear of the Year

The Big Lebowski™ Pinball is featured in this years "Gear of the Year" edition from Men's Journal (page 14).

The Big Lebowski™ Pinball Gear of the Year? "Haha, that’s marvelous!"

Production updates

After the Holidays it's back to work again. We will continue to work on the production line for the first production run of machines this spring.

As we move along we will give more updates about the production. You can expect more pictures, SolidWorks screenshots (like the one on the right), production line photos and movies, pre-production prototypes and much, much more.

And last but not least...
Team Dutch Pinball wishes everybody a very Happy New Year!

FAQ
We received a couple of mails with questions about the status. Here are the most frequently asked questions and answers:

Q: The 1/1 deadline for my next payment is due. Can I just pay this installment, or should I wait?
A: You can use the payment status page to pay your next installment. It will come in to our new account. We won't delete your initial order without sending you a reminder.

Q: I received an unrequested refund. What should I do?
A: Please go to your payment status page and click 'retry' to redo the payment to our new account. After that your all good and you keep your place in line.

Q: I didn't get a refund, what should I do now?
A: Nothing. We are working with Jeff to straighten out DP USA Inc.

Q: I didn't get an unrequested refund, but I want a refund now from the DPUSA accounts.
A: We have a list of the refund requests and will process them as soon as we straightened out DP USA Inc.

Q: Are there any licensing issues and will John Goodman be in the game?
A: John Goodman will be on the translite, playfield and the game will also feature clips and call outs from John Goodman. At this moment we are waiting for final approval of the playfield (we had to make some minor changes).

If you have any more questions, please contact us at sales@dutchpinball.com. (please give us a couple of days to respond)

#2440 4 years ago

Sounds like the Achiever Edition is the carrot for those willing to keep their money with DP while they "straighten out DP USA." Hopefully this approach pays off and they are able to get the straightening out done quickly and get on with making games

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sounds like the Achiever Edition is the carrot for those willing to keep their money with DP while they "straighten out DP USA." Hopefully this approach pays off and they are able to get the straightening out done quickly and get on with making games

A plaque doesn't sound like much of a carrot to me. Am I missing something?

#2442 4 years ago

S1fSk.gif

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A plaque doesn't sound like much of a carrot to me. Am I missing something?

Yeah, you're missing the part where they clearly addressed the company's liquidity issue before asking for more deposits.

#2444 4 years ago

Props to them for throwing something to the hairy balls club...I guess there is going to be an LE after all.

#2445 4 years ago

Sh!t I was hoping for more than that! sending another 2k after that anti climactic update is no beuno!
They need to get all the DP USA refunds done before asking for another dime IMHO!

#2446 4 years ago

Let me summarize:

pockets1.jpg

#2447 4 years ago

See, it's not all fucked, dude. I'm in still. HBC achievers unite!

#2448 4 years ago

Pics from the email.

image-831.jpgimage.jpg

#2449 4 years ago

Took all the songs from the email and made a 20 song YouTube playlist for people to jam out to if they so chose

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFouy-ekjueMrC3tOLCosbwjAdlUaIbCl

#2450 4 years ago

Thanks for posting up the pics. Maybe they should have called the special edition the nihilist edition lol... But seriously, it looks like their getting their ducks lined up now. Might've been good to have an estimated date for when DP USA might get its accounts straightened out.

I'm hoping those that are in feel more comfortable with the new details

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 32.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside