Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 77.
#2251 4 years ago

Thank you PDX and it is not a matter of love for the hobby/sport...it is caution for the money. BTW, when I get that money back, my wife has signed off (which you have all said from one time or another) on 4 pins in a local bar...which are worth WAY more than 6K so...again you understand my frustration. BTW...one is Bride...one is Monster...you get the idea...

#2252 4 years ago

Kiss and make up you one percenters.

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm concerned about Phil as well...not so much the DP team
Just Phil I wonder what his motivates are?
He says the lisceanse is fucked...then we learn not really. cabinet and translite have been approved by Universal.

He never said the license was fucked. He never implied that it wasn't real. Things simply aren't 100% approved, which DP isn't denying. Hence Roger Sharpe.

He was nervous that showing unapproved things in public could jeopardize the license and the game. Maybe it wouldn't have, maybe it would. It was a risk.

Not saying Phil did the right thing. But let's try and see all sides here and understand the issue. It made me nervous when I found out about it personally.

My guess is of all the problems that won't be one. Roger is exactly who they need to close things down on that front.

#2254 4 years ago

Well well well, mary Christmas everyone!

#2255 4 years ago

Some of you guys need to stay away from the forums and this thread in particular, at least for Christmas or whatever holiday you may celebrate.

A big update is rumored to be coming before the next payment is due. When that happens this thread will surely explode again.

Until then bickering about it here is just noise.

#2256 4 years ago

Some guys should stay away from this forum when they are drunk.

But about this rumor. The DP site states the last depost is on or before 1th of April. This is the date they will start producing the games.

#2257 4 years ago

But then it wouldn't be pinside if we didn't have 46 pages of back and forth bickering about a situation that's going to end up fine for all parties involved. Everyone who ordered a Lebowski is going to get one heck of a game. Why we're still arguing that is beyond me. Merry Xmas everyone.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from Benboogaard:

Some guys should stay away from this forum when they are drunk

You should not drink and post.

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from twominds:

If you are still paying, you are not wise. I requested a refund 2 weeks ago and have not received it. Look, I am a pin collector and I own 2 businesses. I love pins as much if not more than any of you. I have $35K worth of pins. But when things in business start to go awry, that means trouble. Now I am currently out $6K and have had only a single email from Barry who says "they are trying to figure it out." I am not trying to tell you what to do, but I will tell you that business takes VERY LITTLE to fail and drama is drama. I will be more than willing to wait in line and pay for my TBL pin after it gets made. But as of now $6K in a no interest account with drama and no official launch date means trouble. Put up all the money you want...and I am going to admit that the promo machine was great. But be smart. There is a problem when money does not flow properly in a business and partners are jumping ship.
Trust me people, drama is worse than admitted failure in a business.
All that being said. If it gets made, I will lay down the 9K and pay for it. It is a great looking machine.
Oh and lastly...after 2 weeks of no refund Paypal has been notified as well as US Bank and Bank of America. I am not Fucking around. It says refunds are no questions...why am I still high and dry? Hate to be that guy...but I would caution you...

Everything you post is wise words. Although for someone that is apparently so smart in business I would suggest that prepaying thru a start up company makes you just as foolish as everybody else that you are now warning. Any truly savvy business person would most likely never crowd fund via a prepayment for a boutique pinball manufacturer unless you were happy to burn the money or had some real philanthropic bent to you, or saw some massive upside.

Bailing now is fair enough but to try and pretend you are wise and smart as a consequence? "But I will tell you that business takes VERY LITTLE to fail". If that's the case why crowd fund like you did?

Personally I don't understand any of these new pinball pre pay models, I think they are a joke.

#2260 4 years ago

Some of the Dutch guys seem very wise.

#2261 4 years ago

Are folks re submitting to the same PayPal account? Would it not be smarter to wait and get a new one set up?

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He never said the license was fucked. He never implied that it wasn't real. Things simply aren't 100% approved, which DP isn't denying. Hence Roger Sharpe.
He was nervous that showing unapproved things in public could jeopardize the license and the game. Maybe it wouldn't have, maybe it would. It was a risk.
Not saying Phil did the right thing. But let's try and see all sides here and understand the issue. It made me nervous when I found out about it personally.
My guess is of all the problems that won't be one. Roger is exactly who they need to close things down on that front.

I skipped the last 1500 or so posts in this thread and clicked on the last page to see what I missed. Thanks for the above post as I think I caught up without have to spend half an hour wading through the other 1500.

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I skipped the last 1500 or so posts in this thread and clicked on the last page to see what I missed. Thanks for the above post as I think I caught up without have to spend half an hour wading through the other 1500.

My Christmas present to you!

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Christmas present to you!

It's a "Holiday" present. Stop being insensitive

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Merry Holiday?

That just doesn't sound right!

#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Merry Holiday?
That just doesn't sound right!

LOL Certainly doesn't.

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's just an excuse to have a good time and give presents to me, I'm not a religious person. So I guess I'm part of the evil war on Christmas secular holiday people.

All I know is I'm sitting on a couch with a laptop, I smell bacon, there's a huge Christmas tree and tons of loot, so merry Christmas!

#2268 4 years ago

I for one, am glad the dude is out there. Thanks dude

image.jpg image-228.jpg
#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow Chuck has no sense of humor for that thumbs down. LOL.

Merry Chrismahanukwanzakah. And then Festivus for the rest of us.

#2270 4 years ago

Ho Ho Ho

santa cigar.jpg
#2271 4 years ago

Ho Ho Ho!
image.jpg

#2272 4 years ago

Here's a stocking stuffer for you TBL fans. Merry Xmas!

#2273 4 years ago

For what it's worth I just got my tshirt today, postmarked by Dutch punball USA, INC. A PO box in Park Ridge Il.

#2274 4 years ago

Just got my tshirt, too! I feel a little guilty though because I am out now (got refunded). I will still buy if and when TBL hits the streets. Thanks for the tshirt guys!

#2275 4 years ago

Well look what the cat dragged in today
(Mailed from Dutch pinball USA on Dec 23rd)
image-786.jpg

#2276 4 years ago

I am happy to say, I also got my shirt today!! Still missing the $4500... But, damnit, I got a shirt! Its a start.....

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well look what the cat dragged in today
(Mailed from Dutch pinball USA on Dec 23rd)

image-786.jpg 25 KB

That's a good sign, getting t shirts out to everybody may seem like a small thing but it appears they are getting on top of things, getting organized and moving on!

#2278 4 years ago

World's Okayest Pinball Maker

#2279 4 years ago

Got my T-shirt and a refund! Thanks Phil!

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

World's Okayest Pinball Maker

You mean T-Shirt maker, right?

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Got my shirt and a refund! Thanks Phil!

When did you get your refund?

#2282 4 years ago

Sunday morning when Phil went berserk.

#2283 4 years ago

I dropped out pre-Phil and still got my shirt yesterday. Medium just like Barry promised too, even though that wasn't an option. I kinda feel bad about getting it now, but I guess as long as it's shipped to me all I can do is hope that Dutch Pinball kicks ass so I can wear it as a show of support.

#2284 4 years ago

Our shirts arrived too. See, it's not fukked like everybody says it is!

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Sunday morning when Phil went berserk.

Same here. Got my shirt on Friday.

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from twominds:

BUT I STILL WANT MY TBL MONEY BACK!!!!

I just want my kit, man. I paid for it in October 2013. An email from DP or Barry explaining delays once in a while would be nice too.

I just want my kit.

Post edited by pinballnut: correct it

#2287 4 years ago

I'm out-of-town so I can't verify I received the shirt, but I would've preferred it without the added tagline ("it's a whole new game!"). I was under the impression that it was just the logo on the front based on the first round of shirts that were circulated before the "chaos."

#2288 4 years ago

follow the dancing light...

#2290 4 years ago

Too hungover , don't get it?

#2291 4 years ago

Slight of hand. Distract the buyers with the tshirt (shiny light) promised forever ago.

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I'm out-of-town so I can't verify I received the shirt, but I would've preferred it without the added tagline ("it's a whole new game!"). I was under the impression that it was just the logo on the front based on the first round of shirts that were circulated before the "chaos."

Definitely a missed opportunity for a relevant movie quote. It should have simply said:

~~~~ dutch (dp) pinball ~~~~
"Nothing is fucked here, Dude."

#2293 4 years ago

Can you imagine if you got a refund that you didn't request and later the machine shows up? If they can't keep track of tee-shirts, can they keep track of game payments?

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Can you imagine if you got a refund that you didn't request and later the machine shows up?

I knew I should have preordered.

#2295 4 years ago

Days away from a next payment due situation, it sure would be cool if DP had a substantial update.

#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Can you imagine if you got a refund that you didn't request and later the machine shows up? If they can't keep track of tee-shirts, can they keep track of game payments?

ummm... where do i sign up ?

#2297 4 years ago

Make no postings whatsoever if you receive a refund.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm guessing this is what everyone looks like in their new DP shirts, right ?

dutch-pinball-shirt-1.jpg 17 KB

My GF does.

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from twominds:

I have $35K worth of pins.

Dude from why I can tell you got maybe $4000 in pins, probably less. You probably meant $3500 not $35000.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside