tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 77.
#101 9 years ago

Barry says that everything will be resolved so I am happy.

Wooly looks great but I'll stick with TBL

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Can we get JPOP to hire Phil and make some inadvertent refunds?

lol

#103 9 years ago

I messaged my mom. She said if Barry has the time to answer one dude, he has the time to respond to a thread that is accessible anywhere on earth and the only known bulk avenue of communication to all of his customers. She also said to never pre order a game and to eat all my vegetables.

#104 9 years ago

It's non EU customers dealing with Dutch Pinball, like the guy above, that will have an issue, not US, you are correct.

#105 9 years ago

Do any of you know if that's supposed to be an immediate charge back to your credit or debit card through PayPal with a refund? Only reason I asked is the card I originally used was compromised a couple weeks ago so I updated my PayPal with the new card number they sent out and my bank account isnt showing a refund processing on account details. It seems that money may be sitting in PayPal limbo because my PayPal account isnt showing $4500 in available funds.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I messaged my mom. She said if Barry has the time to answer one dude, he has the time to respond to a thread that is accessible anywhere on earth and the only known bulk avenue of communication to all of his customers. She also said to never pre order a game and to eat all my vegetables.

This must be your mom then....she is a sage for sure!

mommy.jpgmommy.jpg
#107 9 years ago

LMAO! that pic is hysterical!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Do any of you know if that's supposed to be an immediate charge back to your credit or debit card through PayPal with a refund? Only reason I asked is the card I originally used was compromised a couple weeks ago so I updated my PayPal with the new card number they sent out and my bank account isnt showing a refund processing on account details. It seems that money may be sitting in PayPal limbo because my PayPal account isnt showing $4500 in available funds.

It'll probably post in a couple of business days to your bank account. I imagine they'll trace your account and deposit to your new one.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

It'll probably post in a couple of business days to your bank account. I imagine they'll trace your account and deposit to your new one.

Cool thanks.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I woke up to a refund this morning without any heads-up or communication.

They are 8 hours + ahead of the USA. Who ever is going to make an announcement may have to find out what happened and then a way to correct it. They may have been sleeping when it happened.

I'd give them some time to sort this out.

LTG : )™

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are 8 hours + ahead of the USA. Who ever is going to make an announcement may have to find out what happened and then a way to correct it. They may have been sleeping when it happened.
I'd give them some time to sort this out.

Definitely, but there is a way to leave a comment (or "heads-up") with the PayPal refund, just as Phil did with "Here's a refund. Phil."

I'm glad they refunded my deposit, as I wanted to use a different card (for points) anyways.

#112 9 years ago

Hey Guys...just got into NY and met with Barry.

This is truly a non-issue. Relax and play some pinball for gods sake.

VIP's...check your e-mail.....

#113 9 years ago

So, am I the only idiot here that seen this thread and it reminded me to make my payment and sent it in? Maybe I should have waited till this was cleared up?

Edit: Just got the e mail! Never mind!

Edit 2: And cancelled last payment for the moment

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

"Here's a refund. Phil."

The same Phil who is no longer with the company ?

If so, he likely had to move money he shouldn't be involved with, and likely wouldn't make any statements for a company he is no longer with.

#115 9 years ago

From barry, email just showed up.. And I wasn't effected so assume it go.

Post edited by sd_tom: removed block quote of email after i thought better of it

#116 9 years ago

Just got email from DP with an explanation... Owners check your email

#117 9 years ago

So Phil wants to discredit DP's success, doesn't sound all good like it seemed to be. Interesting.

#118 9 years ago

Well, I suppose Barry has left me no choice, but to discuss this publicly.

#119 9 years ago

I'm not recommending anyone do it but how many of you who got refunded are taking this as an opportunity to bail?

#120 9 years ago

Let's hear it then, Phil.

#121 9 years ago

Seems Phil is acting like an idiot. Disgruntled ex-employee, I wouldn't hire this guy after this mess.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

We did everything in our power to settle issues in a normal way with Phil, but unfortunately he decided to take matters in his own hands and is doing whatever he's doing for reasons we don't know. We really regret your involvement in this situation and we hope we can settle this as soon as possible so we can focus on fun things again.

I have been asking Barry and Jaap to find someone to take over Dutch Pinball USA Inc since November 1. As you can all imagine, having MY social security number on this company and its PayPal account puts me in a very uncomfortable position.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'm not recommending anyone do it but how many of you who got refunded are taking this as an opportunity to bail?

Im not bailing yet, but I'm definitely in no rush to reprocess my payment either.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

opportunity? any one of us could bail at any time with a full refund....why would this be an "opportunity"?

#125 9 years ago

Barry and Jaap asked me to come on board several months ago, when they were having some major difficulties with universal studios licensing. I had helped out since the pinme girl stealth campaign, but this was to make it official.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I have been asking Barry and Jaap to find someone to take over Dutch Pinball USA Inc since November 1. As you can all imagine, having MY social security number on this company and its PayPal account puts me in a very uncomfortable position.

You're dragging customers into your mess, shoulda thrown your dirty laundry out the car window Walter style.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

Yeah, i can imagine that is a PITA. Also seems like there was a desire for some drama based on you being out of the company. Frankly it sounds like a messy spot for all involved.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

opportunity? any one of us could bail at any time with a full refund....why would this be an "opportunity"?

It's a "trouble-free" opportunity to bail.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

Well, I suppose Barry has left me no choice, but to discuss this publicly.

Shits about to get real.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Shits about to get real.

Not really.. Sounds like two frustrated parties.. One taking matters into their own hands / public spillover

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Shits about to get real.

(Grabbing popcorn)

#132 9 years ago

OK Phil, all eyes are on you, u have the podium, let's go - spill the so-called beans.

Rod

#133 9 years ago

They had been using unauthorized assets (screen grabs, other graphics), and had been using artistic renderings to make the translite, and Julie Margules (email address removed by moderator) was fed up with them "pushing the limits"

Post edited by moderator: removed email address

#134 9 years ago

I went in, worked hard to get the mess cleaned up, and step-by-step, layer by layer, we all worked together and got the translite with the oil painted style approved.

#135 9 years ago

Of course, at the same time, I had also put together a pretty good marketing campaign.

#136 9 years ago

Whysnow,
I got a refund and bailed on woolly just because of your posts. Fyi ; )

#137 9 years ago

FYI - They're charging international fees on the PayPal purchase due to the change in account management. Be sure to use a card that won't charge you these fees.

paypal DP.jpgpaypal DP.jpg

#138 9 years ago

I also contributed on the game as well -- look around... if you see something that skirts the licensing, but doesn't touch it... it was me. (the movie cells / center playfield.. i gave that idea to barry from the scaffolding of our house during the renovations. the white russian light up, in the plane).

#139 9 years ago

It's now officially a shit show.

#140 9 years ago

So, we were having fun, working hard, and had our share of disagreements. But, I could live with it.

#141 9 years ago

Now people that know me... I mean truly know me... know that the F-bomb persona, is just simply that... a persona that I used to market TBL. But we all know, that's marketing, right? Like Jaap says, he doesn't even like the movie.

#142 9 years ago

Don't stop, let 'er rip.

Rod

#143 9 years ago

But those that know me, know that integrity is everything for me.

#144 9 years ago

All I know is I am looking forward to getting my game this summer....

All the drama is just bull-shit....

#145 9 years ago

It's like your virginity... you can only lose it once.

#146 9 years ago

So here's the first problem... I'm getting flooded with emails, calls, messages... where's my Bride?

#147 9 years ago

I ask Barry. Jaap asks Barry. And all he says is, he's working on it. Months go by, I have no idea what to say to the customers, until I find out

#148 9 years ago

Maybe I'm missing something but if I was booted out of DP like Phil, the FIRST thing I would have done is gotten someone to take over DP USA and all those assets.

To not do so is Assinine! Don't know the whole story but who could blame Phil for no longer wanting to be liable for those funds and DP USA.

#149 9 years ago

Can we just get back to admiring Geerts Balls?

#150 9 years ago

that Barry had taken the €60,000. Jaap and I realized that we had no choice but to put back the money ourselves. I started buying parts from all over the world on my credit cards. Shipped stuff on my personal fedex account. all to cover his theft.

keep in mind, jaap and i had NOTHING to do with bride. this was a koen / barry project, but we knew, if this thing didn't ship, nobody would by TBL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.