Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 77.
#51 4 years ago

Gosh, what an amazingly weird week for pinball the past seven days have been. I've lost track of what all has happened and I stalk these forums like a psyco.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Why doubtful? The deposits were sent to Phil. That's his email address in the recipient field, and I doubt he wants to give up control of that email. Therefore, the money needs to get transferred to DP's account and not his. This is one way of doing it, and the process mirrors Phil's departure from DP. Seems to be the most logical conclusion. We will find out shortly I'm sure.

So you are saying the deposits have been sitting in Phil's account this whole time! Wow

#53 4 years ago

I just reapplied my payment. We'll see what happens now.

I agree that they shouldn't wait until next week to issue an explanation.

#54 4 years ago

further hypothesis:

If Phil removes the payment records, he simplifies the tax accounting, for him.

#55 4 years ago

Happened to me too. But I'm not going to just completely make shit up as to why in the meantime. I will wait for and answer and go from there.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Happened to me too. But I'm not going to just completely make shit up as to why in the meantime. I will wait for and answer and go from there.

Come on man. That's no fun. Make shit up!

#57 4 years ago

Are they sending out requests for a January payment yet? Maybe that was part of the issue?

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Come on man. That's no fun. Make shit up!

Normally I would, but I don't make shit up on Shabbos.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I just reapplied my payment. We'll see what happens now.
I agree that they shouldn't wait until next week to issue an explanation.

Barry said they would issue a statement but did not give a timeframe. I said that it would probably be next week, (I don't think Barry will be back from New York until tuesday.)

#60 4 years ago

maybe the first deposit is on them. YOu get the first one for free. Congrats.

#61 4 years ago

Got it too, Wow. Wish someone would explain this.

#62 4 years ago

Crap the one refund I didn't want

#63 4 years ago

I got a refund also, I sent Barry an email. I don't see a way to resubmit payment without it wanting to charge me the 9 grand instead of the early preorder price with the extras. I guess I'll just sit on the money and wait for a response.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That is hysterical. I'm sure this is going to be explained shortly...

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey it's just pinball right! And I want one and can't get it

It's all a mind F

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is hysterical. I'm sure this is going to be explained shortly...

What's even more hysterical is the fact that Iceman *has* requested a refund from DP and hasn't got it.

#67 4 years ago

I think this paints a picture that Phil was more than just "the marketing guy". I wonder if dp usa exists anymore.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think this paints a picture that Phil was more than just "the marketing guy". I wonder if dp usa exists anymore.

slow down tiger

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Will verify this for you tomorrow.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, what an amazingly weird week for pinball the past seven days have been. I've lost track of what all has happened and I stalk these forums like a psyco.

I was discussing this with a buddy, here's what I listed this morning:

-Nordman leaves Heighway

-TWD Premium

-Mysterious refunds appearing for TBL

-TH now slated for release in Feb/Mar

-MMR still MIA

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You have to admit, these boutique manufacturers sure keep things interesting around here

Ain't that the truth!

#72 4 years ago

I think it's odd that people buy into " they will release a statement when they get back in town." If they are aware of a problem, couldn't a statement be posted just as well from new york? the keyboards look very similar to those back home

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

-Nordman leaves Heighway
-TWD Premium
-MMR still MIA

Could all this be part of a new Twilight Zone episode?

I could add a few more to list

#74 4 years ago

I gotta say, when Phil gave his speech at expo, the part that impressed me the most was "no more drama". Buying a new pinball is supposed to be FUN. With all the shit going on lately with EVERY company except SPOOKy... This shit is getting old. I'm tired of these manufacturers not talking, coming out with shit products (no more beta testing), missing deadlines, incomplete software, etc etc etc... Especially with idiots like MYSELF plopping down $7k on a game. I need to get my head examined and start speaking with my wallet. With shit like this happening with DP... A statement from them or some sort of communication needs to happen very soon. I've got $4500 sitting with them right now that WASNT refunded. I know nothing more... Does Phil have that money?? Do they have a record of that money?? Why were some refunded and others weren't?? I still love ya DP, but we need are supporting you as a start up company.... GIVE US A LITTLE SOMETHING IN RETURN!! PLEASE...

I feel a bit better now....

#75 4 years ago

tblrefund.JPG

#76 4 years ago

Did anyone try the retry button?

#77 4 years ago

In all fairness... I guess the part that concerns me the most is... The longer DP waits to respond to this... They are going to loose people hitting that "retry" button for their past payments. I want to see this company succeed more than anything. And hate seeing these bumps in the road.

Brian

#78 4 years ago

I would bet this is an issue from early orders, as my order still says completed. I placed my order Sept 27, 2014

#79 4 years ago

I would not retry as it may still go to the wrong place. Wait and let them tell you whats what

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Phil doesn't live in USA either. This strikes me as Phil being disgruntled and maybe they needed to move money around but he lost patience and just started clicking the refund button. At least it looks like the refunds are acknowledged by the website so you can click retry.

BTW the PayPal account has already been updated not to go to Phil (can click on it and start the paypal process and see for yourself)

#81 4 years ago

F it, they'll get it worked out. Time to pop a top and not worry about it

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

-Nordman leaves Heighway
-TWD Premium
-MMR still MIA

As the Pinside World turns!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F it, they'll get it worked out. Time to pop a top and not worry about it

You're probably right, iceman....

#84 4 years ago

I also got a refund. I paid the whole machine in full Friday, expo.

The problem for me is that I paid in Euro and I got the money back in kr.

The exchange rate is a lot different now than it was in October so they paid me back at least 300 Euro less than I paid and if I repay them I have to not only pay a lot more euros but if I remember correctly there is also a big Paypal fee for every payment.

If I have to pay them more because of a screw-up on their part, I am out.

Not panicking yet, we'll see how it turns out.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

In all fairness... I guess the part that concerns me the most is... The longer DP waits to respond to this... They are going to loose people hitting that "retry" button for their past payments.

They might not even know yet. It's a weekend and they are 6 timezones away.

Phil probably did not want to pay any taxes on the amounts, so he simply refunded the funds, rather than transfer them to DP and have it look like income.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I am baffled at how this is even possible

It's pinball, almost anything can happen.

#87 4 years ago

Got my refund, gonna hold the funds til I see what's really going on.

#88 4 years ago

Looks like the death of pre-order has arrived.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Looks like the death of pre-order has arrived.

Doubtful, but wouldn't that be nice?

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Phil probably did not want to pay any taxes on the amounts, so he simply refunded the funds, rather than transfer them to DP and have it look like income.

As I drink my beer and ponder the meaning of pinball, this would not have been an issue for Phil anyhow, no way its "income" to Phil, and seems like a little coordination would be in order with DP.

The currency exchange with the euro, now that's a different matter. It was 78 on October 20th and closed right at 81 on friday. It's gonna be a costly error.

#91 4 years ago

I just got a reply from Barry. He explained that I will not loose any money over this.

He also said how sorry he is regarding what happened.

I really appreciate the fast response from him. That helped a lot, especially since he is out of town and it is a Saturday. Thanks Barry!

Of course I will stay on if everything works out

#92 4 years ago

He also said that they are going to put out an official announcement later today

#93 4 years ago

I seem to remember something similar happening a few years ago where people had to make their payments some way other than PayPal - can't recall if PayPal had the problem with the volume of $$ being held without a product being immediately delivered, or something like that.

It may be out of DP's hands, everybody calm down and wait a couple days. Not a big deal, it's only pinball!

#94 4 years ago

I suggest taking all refunds and sending them to RIOT pinball to get in on WOOLY!

That would be the wisest thing you can all do.

#95 4 years ago

As someone who works in CE manufacturing, I have to agree that the lack of communication IS unacceptable. I woke up to a refund this morning without any heads-up or communication. I've backed a few Kickstarter programs and those startups were MUCH cheaper, yet they provided much more communication than DP (Pono, Tile, etc.). A bi-weekly or even monthly email update would be greatly appreciated. We're talking close to $9,000+ after all is said and done, so it's the least that DP can do.

For those that say "chill" or "calm down" to those that showing anxiety, you need to understand that $8,500+ is a lot of money to some folks. Not everyone can afford a NIB, so I don't think someone should get flamed for feeling uneasy about this process. Thankfully, I don't have to justify the cost to my significant other, but I'm sure there are many guys out there with this issue. I imagine it's hard to justify spending on $8,500 on anything, let alone a pinball machine that has yet to ship.

DP may have better communication vs. other pinball startups, but it doesn't mean that it should be status quo or acceptable.

With that said, I'm still in. However, today would be the day to introduce the world's most kickass pinball machine. The rug would get pulled right from underneath DP.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

He also said that they are going to put out an official announcement later today

That's great to hear. Really all I'm looking for. Thanks for the update.

#97 4 years ago

I messaged phil on FB. Waiting to see if he has a reply to this since the refund had his name on it.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest taking all refunds and sending them to RIOT pinball to get in on WOOLY!
That would be the wisest thing you can all do.

The wisest thing you can do is stop giving people money for games that don't exist.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As I drink my beer and ponder the meaning of pinball, this would not have been an issue for Phil anyhow, no way its "income" to Phil, and seems like a little coordination would be in order with DP.
The currency exchange with the euro, now that's a different matter. It was 78 on October 20th and closed right at 81 on friday. It's gonna be a costly error.

I don't see how sales between US customers and a US based company (DP USA) would ever be affected by exchange rates... Transactions between the two companies, DP USA and DP, would be independent from whatever is going on here

#100 4 years ago

Can we get JPOP to hire Phil and make some inadvertent refunds?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside