image.jpg
not gay.jpg
oktobegay.jpeg
bert.gif
image.jpg
image-287.jpg
Chair.gif
Uhmm.gif

There are 356 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know what it is about WOOLY people constantly bashing TBL. They're not related guys. I was in on TBL for a bit. I have 5 other friends who got in too. None of them (or me) had any interest in WOOLY. Scott is doing this thing, and I'm super impressed by what he's accomplished. But they're utterly different, and being into one has nothing to do with the other.
Let it go, it's just not a good look to have this sour grapes attitude. It's going to turn people off, not recruit them to your cause.
Let WOOLY stand on its own merits.

You beat me to it. WOOLY doesn't hold a light to TBL to me, theme wise anyway. Playability is yet to be determined considering neither are ready. WOOLY is not a title that most people are interested in because of the theme of the game not because they choose TBL over it. Stern and jjp have still sold thier le titles while TBL was an option. Wooly just doesn't do it for me and that's what I hear from a large number of people.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

So if a 'non-client' called and ask to stop over for no real business reason..would you have said yes?

No, I would have been on the phone with my office getting another account manager there asap.
And I would have let the non customer know that I am getting a rep there shortly.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

they are in red light district in the windows

So they ARE working on getting funds for refunds after all!

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My wife ended up in the ER recently, had to have surgery.

Sorry to hear about your wife and hope she feels better and recovers quickly.

Just a humorous aside - I don't know you at all except from your posts, but I totally pegged you as being gay. Not sure why....maybe the avatar pic and that you're artsy?

#105 9 years ago

TBL was the belle of the ball. Now it's WOOLY. People really don't learn do they?

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

TBL was the belle of the ball. Now it's WOOLY. People really don't learn do they?

Well, at least WOOLY wouldn't have licensing issues, since it was all in the public domain it seems. One less hurdle.

Just once I want to see an independently successful person who knows how to run a business and has a track record for doing it start one of these pin companies . . .

#107 9 years ago

PoMC correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you wear a big pink fur-covered hat in your avatar for a few years?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, at least WOOLY wouldn't have licensing issues, since it was all in the public domain it seems. One less hurdle.
Just once I want to see an independently successful person who knows how to run a business and has a track record for doing it start one of these pin companies . . .

Well Spooky seems to be the only ones to really have their act together. What they should really do, IMO, is build pins for other people with ideas. They do manufacturing and JPOP or anyone else with a great design works with them.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just a humorous aside - I don't know you at all except from your posts, but I totally pegged you as being gay. Not sure why....maybe the Avatar pic and that you're artsy?

My avatar pic is a tattoo of a woman in Día de los Muertos makeup, not quite sure what the gay connection is there.

Oh well, not like I'm offended or anything, just seems random! And my wife is doing great, thanks.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just a humorous aside - I don't know you at all except from your posts, but I totally pegged you as being gay. Not sure why....maybe the Avatar pic and that you're artsy?

Artsy people, always gay....lol.

I got my hair cut by a straight guy once, he did not do too bad of a job.

#111 9 years ago

Helen's nips are AURICH'S WIFE'S NIPS! He str8.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Helen's nips are AURICH'S WIFE'S NIPS! He str8.

You sound pretty sure of yourself. How can you be positive it is his wife without pics. Oh I see, it's like that. Never mind.

#113 9 years ago

Another week of silence. Sigh...

#114 9 years ago

Who needs real information, when we can just sit here making casual and unwarranted observations about each other's sexuality?

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

bert.gifbert.gif

#116 9 years ago

Who needs real information, when we can just sit here making casual and unwarranted observations about each other's sexuality?

Now you're talkin'!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Avatar pic is a tattoo of a woman in Día de los Muertos makeup, not quite sure what the gay connection is there.
Oh well, not like I'm offended or anything, just seems random! And my wife is doing great, thanks.

Maybe he thought your avatar pic was a selfie!

#118 9 years ago

Wonderful,
More positive stuff about DP.

#119 9 years ago

It's okay, even though I'm straight I'll still go shoe shopping with you!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

BAH HA HA HA HA ....WHAT !

#121 9 years ago

Has anyone ever checked out Aurich's alternative translights/backglasses? Those a some serious hot chick pics. For what it's worth I wanted to buy the WPT one and I don't even own the machine.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Has anyone ever checked out Aurich's alternative translights/backglasses? Those a some serious hot chick pics. For what it's worth I wanted to buy the WPT one and I don't even own the machine.

Ha! Yeah, what's up with Aurich and those bikini photo translites???

Quoted from Hudson:

Maybe he thought your Avatar pic was a selfie!

For what it's worth, a few of us who know Aurich always thought was a Halloween selfie!

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't know you at all except from your posts, but I totally pegged you as being gay.

You forgot to add....

oktobegay.jpegoktobegay.jpeg

#124 9 years ago

Just saying........

not gay.jpgnot gay.jpg

#125 9 years ago

I always dug aurichs avatar btw it's quite fitting to his area, I figured it might be a art piece by Munkone or similar artist (there's a few that do this style in the area).

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

but I totally pegged you

Phrasing!

#127 9 years ago

Are we not saying "phrasing" anymore?

#128 9 years ago

Hi all - I returned home and had a note from Barry with an apology. He asked what he could do to right things and I sent him my thoughts. My only interest at this point re: Pinside is to report the data and not to add emotion and/or fuel to the fire.

As I let Barry know beforehand, I was going to report on my visit as I think it is fair to investors(I mean pre-paid customers) to have transparency into what is going on.

I let Barry know that I will await his response before reporting more, but will do so in a timely manner.

Hopefully this situation is not F&*ked as I would really like to see TBL produced.

Harvey

#129 9 years ago

Does anyone still believe games will ship within the next 3 months?

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Does anyone still believe games will ship within the next 3 months?

Where are you getting the next 3 months from? Buyers were told 3rd quarter this year. It's only the end of January.

#131 9 years ago

Well there's a 3 in both statements

#132 9 years ago

So Barry apologized. What else do you want? In what way does he have to make it "right" for you?

I was going to drain this thread, but I'll wait to see what you can squeeze out of him.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Where are you getting the next 3 months from? Buyers were told 3rd quarter this year. It's only the end of January.

Didn't they say it was shipping in April 2015 when it was unveiled at one of the shows? Was this date moved back?

#134 9 years ago

I believe April was re-stated when the drama with Phil was going on.

#135 9 years ago

I thought it was going into production in April, and that people that ordered around expo should expect their game in q3.

#136 9 years ago

I'm going out on a limb here and saying noone is getting a production TBL in 2015. Made the same prediction last year about MMr.

#137 9 years ago

Yeah, this will be the first game from a new company to actually come out on the date that they gave us back when they had 1 proto. Sure.

Dates are out the window. Pinball machines are hard to make.

#138 9 years ago

Personally I'd never try and hold a company to their pre production estimates for arrival. Well maybe stern as they have a in place infrastructure and actual knowledge of their line and items needed from vendors.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Personally I'd never try and hold a company to their pre production estimates for arrival.

Companies should *always* be held to their ship dates. No one tells them what date to set... so set a realistic date, and meet it. If you don't want to set a date, no one is forcing you.

#140 9 years ago

--Thread edited to remove personal attacks and inflammatory content.

Post edited by moderator: No personal attacks. Keep it civil.

#141 9 years ago

Oh good SadSack's back!

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Barry is obviously a total dickhead. When you are expecting a visitor from around the world and can't be bothered to tell him you won't be troubled by him, you can at least pick up the phone and tell him so. Is Barry semi-retarded in the social skills or is he so full of himself because he was good at stealing people's money?
Anyone who gives these fucktards a dime deserve to dine on their shit for the next decade.

What do you really think Mr aptly named Sad Sack

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not sure about the next 3 months, but I know a lot of people were saying that they would have their TBL by June. lol

Quoted from burningman:

I might have an answer to that early next week...
edit...I am with Geert though, I feel confident that it will still get produced and in my home by the end of June. If it comes before, I'll let you know...

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Didn't they say it was shipping in April 2015 when it was unveiled at one of the shows? Was this date moved back?

No, it was never said shipping in April. When/if it's the 4th quarter 2015 and no games are shipped there will be something to talk about that. Until then it's all guesswork.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, it was never said shipping in April. When/if it's the 4th quarter 2015 and no games are shipped there will be something to talk about that. Until then it's all guesswork.

I definitely recall a discussion about TBL being made by April.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not sure about the next 3 months, but I know a lot of people were saying that they would have their TBL by June. lol

Well those people were being absurd. I was at Expo, I talked to DP in person, I had a pre-order in on the game before I realized I was being foolish. No one ever told me I'd have my game before 3rd quarter.

From what I've heard DP is a lot better at manufacturing handling than PR handling. So here's hoping!

#147 9 years ago

I was thinking I might do a run of "I got DP-d" shirts to pass the time, as obviously we're in for a long wait. Anyone else want one?

#148 9 years ago

I was thinking I might do a run of "I got DP-d" shirts to pass the time, as obviously we're in for a long wait. Anyone else want one?

Everyone with any money under Barry's control has been DP'ed so there should be demand.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Everyone with any money under Barry's control has been DP'ed so there should be demand.

You got the joke! Good job.

#150 9 years ago

I agree with Rob, they were supposedly beginning production in April and obviously the expo buyers would get them much later.

But people were making a big deal about how DP would be different this time and "ahead of schedule"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 356 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-dutch-pinball-the-big-lebowski-site-visit/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.