5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Budman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E6AB804E-A996-4984-9533-71EDF6C86DB4 (resized).jpeg
    D39157D2-D240-43A4-AFD0-5A452F4373B8 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    F8E4CBC9-5603-400B-8F0D-01016D377420 (resized).jpeg
    7274E86D-2C32-4D85-9898-675B0B525A27 (resized).jpeg
    pastrami-reubenso-good (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

I will be staying tomorrow night in downtown Philly, Center City area. Any suggestions on where to play in that immediate vicinity? The Pinside Pin Map only lists places further away from that area.

#2 5 months ago
    Quoted from Budman:

I will be staying tomorrow night in downtown Philly, Center City area. Any suggestions on where to play in that immediate vicinity? The Pinside Pin Map only lists places further away from that area.

Philly is pathetic for a major city. The map here and on pinball map are usually pretty accurate. You're only real multi pin solutions in the city are the Barcade and University Pinball. Neither of which are in center city.

#3 5 months ago

Agreed....but from center City, you can jump on the Market Frankford Line (Blue Line) toward Frankford Transfer Center. Get off at Girard Station. Safe area. Barcade is 1 block away in Fishtown, which has a ton of bars and restaurants. Probably a 10 minute ride, stops included and only a few bucks.

#4 5 months ago

Thanks!

#5 5 months ago

If you want to go a little further, check out Pinball gallery in Malvern. 70 machines + or -

#6 5 months ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

If you want to go a little further, check out Pinball gallery in Malvern. 70 machines + or -

Pinball Gallery is fun.....but closed on Tuesdays....and no way to get there easily from Center City unless you like $75-$100 Uber rides (each way).

#7 5 months ago

The most up to date tool for finding pinball near center city is the phone app pinball map. There are the 2 mentioned sites and several others in the fishtown area (near barcade over to temple university). Pickings are small in philly but at least you have a few places to go. THere are also a few breweries near the barcade which might interest you.

Quoted from Budman:

#8 5 months ago

...unless of course, you have a car. But driving eliminates part of the beauty of the Barcade......the good beer selection. No alcohol at Pinball Gallery.

#9 5 months ago

Think I’ll Uber to Barcade, then top off the night with a Cheesesteak sammy.

#10 5 months ago

Barcade is fun. I went there the first time a month ago, its a small bar with micro brew beers, good food, a small assortment of pins and mostly stand up arcade games. Parking is terrible over there. There is a parking lot about 5 blocks away, look it up on the map and pay the parking if you choose to drive.

#11 5 months ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Think I’ll Uber to Barcade, then top off the night with a Cheesesteak sammy.

This is the correct move. Will probably only be $10-12 each way.

You will get 50 different answers for where to get 'the best' cheesesteak in Philly but Joe's Steak & Soda Shop is 1 block from Barcade on Frankfort at Girard Ave and it checks all the boxes for authentic steak sandwiches

#12 5 months ago

Worth noting, the food at the Barcade is legit. I would highly recommend both the Cubano and Pork and Mac sandos.

#13 5 months ago

Tony Lukes or Geno's, Wiz with!

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from Moli410:

Tony Lukes or Geno's, Wiz with!

Come on, man! People from Philly don't eat at Pat's or Geno's! That's tourist stuff.......

That said, the Garage is right next door to Pat's and they do have a 300 different craft beer can selection......and at least used to have a MET in there....although I think it's just skee-ball machines now.....

#15 5 months ago

South Philly Bar and Grill is basically next to Pat's/Genos and they have 3 pins.

#16 5 months ago

Steves, prince of steaks is always good. also.

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

South Philly Bar and Grill is basically next to Pat's/Genos and they have 3 pins.

Was that the old Garage bar.

#18 5 months ago

My first Cheesesteak last night at Jim’s Steak on South and 4th was great. I’ll try to make Barcade and Dinic’s this afternoon before departing.

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from Budman:

My first Cheesesteak last night at Jim’s Steak on South and 4th was great. I’ll try to make Barcade and Dinic’s this afternoon before departing.

If you are going to the Reading Terminal Market, skip Dinic's (good, but overrated and HUGE line) and hit up Hershel's East Side Deli instead. Their Hand-Chopped Pastrami Rueben might be the best sandwich in the world.

pastrami-reubenso-good (resized).jpg
    #20 5 months ago

Had lunch at pincrossing today

7274E86D-2C32-4D85-9898-675B0B525A27 (resized).jpegF8E4CBC9-5603-400B-8F0D-01016D377420 (resized).jpegD39157D2-D240-43A4-AFD0-5A452F4373B8 (resized).jpegE6AB804E-A996-4984-9533-71EDF6C86DB4 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpg
    #21 5 months ago

Nice! But this is nowhere near downtown philly. Have to give it a visit someday.

Quoted from freddy:

Had lunch at pincrossing today [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#22 5 months ago

I will be be down Philly tomorrow university city

#23 5 months ago

Well, ended up attending noon Mass at the Bascillica instead of pinball. Now at airport. Enjoyed your city!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 109.99
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    $ 137.00
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside