(Topic ID: 264132)

Downtime . Fix a project or shop your games ?

By bepositive

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So seems chunk of time on the horizon for some.
    I am happy with my choices best use repair time granted. My project Stargazer been sitting patiently for years ( many projects just using this title as example ) . I have a Monopoly repeatedly blowing fuse . 3rd choice completing shop job on JN well underway . Never shortage minor issues in the collection either . All choices good .
    Looking for the positive thread here ! So what good actions will you take to improve condition of your collection ?
    Best hopes for your families in trying times .
    Enjoy the day ! Shane

#2 4 years ago

Have a Kick Off and. Regatta with a bunch of standard EM issues to look into. Reset reliability, cleaning switch stacks, connectors etc

#3 4 years ago

Well I’ve been off all week and will start working from home starting Monday. So with my week off I’ve had a Monte Carlo and time warp sitting for a couple years. Finally sat down and studied schematics and got them both up and running. Now need the time to shop them

#4 4 years ago

Well, I'll probably be at home for a couple of weeks, so except for playing with the dog I plan to finally fix the Space Station thats been sitting around broken for seven months.

And besides that, Im going through my collection of retro computers and thinking about preparing a smaller sale of some rather unusual hardware that Ive gathered during the years. No sale until all this other crap has passed though.

#5 4 years ago

Despite everything going on, I'm actually kind of excited. Rain is also on the horizon for my area this coming week, so I can feel good about sequestering myself to the basement. My Addams Family has been awaiting re-assembly, and I have a Hulk, Taxi, and Surf Champ all waiting restoration.

#6 4 years ago

In order, I've got a Baby Pac-Man to recap the monitor, Black Hole to shop and possibly troubleshoot, The Amazing Spider-Man to shop and possibly troubleshoot, Stardust to track down gremlins on, and an Aztec that needs to be shopped and gone through. Should be enough to keep me busy for a week or two.

#7 4 years ago

My customer has decided everyone must still go in and if possible, negotiate a telework situation. One person is caring for her 80+ mother who just successfully completed cancer treatments about 2 weeks ago. So she's not coming in. Another is pregnant. Gone. Another's wife was deployed (she's a military nurse) to deal with the crisis, so he's watching the kids (who have no school for 3 weeks) alone. He's not coming in. Another is high risk for other reasons. She's gone. So I'm on the schedule every single day. EVERY single part of my and everyone else's job can be done via telework. I don't begrudge my team, but it's a pretty stupid management decision to have so many people end up travelling in to the office.

I was hoping to finally restore my TZ during all this. Guess not.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downtime-fix-a-project-or-shop-your-games- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.