Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Not sure anyone else in same boat but I'm really filled up with games. I've been in my basement wondering what game(s) would I sell to thin out the heard some. I'm very happy with my collection and what I have but keep thinking if I should downsize. Really don't want to but wondering.

Help me noodle here. Rank in order what you would sell first to last or at least the top 5 you would sell. I still wonder if a BBB trade is out there where I could send 2 for one potentially.

My collection:

MM
    MB
    TAF
    Indiana Jones (Williams)
    STTNG
    RFM w/SWE1 kit
    AFM
    SS
    SC
    Funhouse
    LOTR
    Tron LE
    IM
    BDK
    Xmen LE
    SM
    POTC
    WOZ (on order)

Then I still want a GNR and a DW to mess with for awhile.

#2 11 years ago

What a list of games.......I will buy your IM, so that is the one I think you should sell.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What a list of games.......I will buy your IM, so that is the one I think you should sell.

"No No No" (Gomez, Addams Family) Sincerely, just noodling not looking to sell right now. But very good taste my friend. I love IM.

#4 11 years ago

TAF, RFM, POTC and XM would be the ones I'd sell (in that order).

#5 11 years ago

I am likely going to sell/trade my DW sometime soon, love the game but it has been in my lineup for nearly the longest of any game now. Sometimes you just gotta move on. Too many great games to try and enjoy. I couldn't even start to rank that collection, it is all about what is fun to you. DW was one of my favorites for a long time but I am sure not many would share that sentiment especially among my other games.

With that being said you let me know when you want to trade me one of your games for that.

#6 11 years ago

Thin out the fan layout games.

#7 11 years ago

Might be able to get a BBB with some of those games.

#8 11 years ago

What do you play the least? What do your wife/kids/guests play the least? What can you easily find again if you want it (TAF)? What has risen in price so much that it's tempting to sell to cash in?

#9 11 years ago

RFM
    AFM
    TAF
    Funhouse
    POTC

#10 11 years ago

Well, here are the ones I got rid of myself...lol

AFM- You have MM & MB which are essentially the same games but better...and SM which is similar but better...and RFM if you need some martian humor (and I think it's a superior game anyway)

IM- You already have a ton of fan games, and Tron LE for the quick 'n dirty ass-kicking

BDK- I find this game to be time consuming and monotonous...when I had it, I found myself just wanting to play LOTR instead. If I was gonna spend a lot of time on one game, LOTR is far more engaging.

POTC- I dunno, I've been kinda jonesing to play this again...but it does get old quick. It's different though...I think it has a place in your collection....are you bored of it? Then you'll have your answer.

SC - I've never had it, but I don't like it...so - F this game lol

#11 11 years ago

Of those I would sell the Batman and the pin2000

Batman is OK, but the crane is a one trick pony

#12 11 years ago

Nice collection.

I had MB, MM, and AFM all at the same time. Like rarehero, I decided one had to go. They are all very similar. For me, AFM is way better than MB or MM. MB went. Keep you AFM. SM is similar but the third flipper really I proves upon it even further. Definitely keep the SM.

Potc - very different and unique. In a decent sized collection I'd keep it

SC - different, fun, but not great. If this takes room of a regular machine I'd sell it. I have one because it fits in a spot where no pin could go otherwise.

TAF - this game is horrible. Awful. Sell it, give it away, or just put it outside.

LOTR/BDK - There is something about Gomez games that I like. But they are all a long chore. I say sell one of the two. It's odd. I'm on my second BDK and second LOTR. And maybe my third TF.

RFM - I say sell. Fun but easy to beat and like other Gomez games can be a chore.

When I was faced with this decision, room expansion was the answer.

#13 11 years ago

MB, AFM, MM are your 3 most similar games and all have pretty high price points. I think MB is the easiest of the 3 so I would sell it (WTFDave is looking for one if you decide to).

I actually like all three of those games better than BDK or XMLE and it appears at the current trend the sooner you dump XMLE, the better chance of you not losing $.

You should make a required package sale of MB and XMLE, then your bundle discount is really just the loss you would currently take on XMLE (assuming you bought NIB). You will also likely get someone on the fence about either game to buy the bundle and only have to deal with one sale and one shipping (saves the buyer on shipping since it seems shipping 2 games does not cost mush more than 1).

good luck and please keep SC for a few more years till I have some extra $ and can buy it.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

MB, AFM, MM are your 3 most similar games and all have pretty high price points. I think MB is the easiest of the 3 so I would sell it (WTFDave is looking for one if you decide to).
    I actually like all three of those games better than BDK or XMLE and it appears at the current trend the sooner you dump XMLE, the better chance of you not losing $.
    You should make a required package sale of MB and XMLE, then your bundle discount is really just the loss you would currently take on XMLE (assuming you bought NIB). You will also likely get someone on the fence about either game to buy the bundle and only have to deal with one sale and one shipping (saves the buyer on shipping since it seems shipping 2 games does not cost mush more than 1).
    good luck and please keep SC for a few more years till I have some extra $ and can buy it.

Wtf. You talk like xmen le is in some sort of downward spiral. It's not.

#15 11 years ago

I have no sentiment for any game so my unbiased list based on my experience

1. BDK
    2. POTC
    3. RFM w/SWE1 kit
    4. TAF
    5. Funhouse

#16 11 years ago

IJ, RFM, BDK, POTC, LOTR.

(Only game in your list I haven't played is XMEN.)

#17 11 years ago

Damn that's a nice collection.

I'm assuming this is a space issue and not a cash grab...cuz that would change my list. A agree with the others saying MB, MM and AFM are similar..but in a large collection..I think all three are fine. If you only had like 5 machines...then that would have to change.

My list for what it's worth

TAF
    Indiana Jones (Williams)
    TRON LE
    Funhouse
    BDK
    POTC
    MM,MB,AFM (your least favorite..the 'other' 2 would end up at the very bottom)
    IM
    STTNG
    RFM w/SWE1 kit
    SS
    SC
    LOTR
    SM
    WOZ (on order)
    Xmen LE
    MM,MB,AFM

#18 11 years ago

If i were you, I would keep the games that I and the people that actually play your games like the most.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Wtf. You talk like xmen le is in some sort of downward spiral. It's not.

JMHO.
    I was basing this off current trend of quite a few poping up for less than they were bought for and they are still relatively new.

#20 11 years ago

Here's the 4 I would dump:

Scared Stiff: It is shallow and boring after you complete it 2 or 3 times in one game.
    RFM: Although a technical feat and super cool, the game itself is really only humorous to me and never gets going beyond amusing.
    STTNG: I want to like it but I really do not like this game. GREAT series on TV usually makes for bad pinball. Modes, more modes, combo, combo, blah-blah... Been on my hate list for years.
    XMEN: Seems to have been rushed out the Stern door... Seems unfinished at this point.

My friend traded his HUO Spiderman for 4 games made before 1981 and a swear I have a lot more fun at his place playing those 4 pins than I ever did with Spiderman. Just something to consider.

Try something made before 1986... Based on your collection you may like Fathom or even a classic System 11 like Whirlwind, Earthshaker or Taxi.

#21 11 years ago

seriously awesome collection of choice games Billy Boy.. I really need to get up by you soon before you unload 5 of those beasts.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Personally, I would keep the games that I and the people that actually play your games like the most.

Opinions schminions, Dave is right, sell what gets the least amount of play. Also consider family and friends, that is part of pinball. I keep some games I dislike, only because family plays them alot.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

TAF - this game is horrible. Awful. Sell it, give it away, or just put it outside.

Heh. Harsh. But I agree.

#24 11 years ago

Your collections is pretty much my "would like to own someday" list.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

TAF, RFM, POTC and XM would be the ones I'd sell (in that order).

Ha! I just sold my RFM, POTC, but can't part with my XM quite yet :-p

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Ha! I just sold my RFM, POTC, but can't part with my XM quite yet :-p

Ha! Then why do you have it listed for sale?!

#27 11 years ago

That's a tough call, Bill. It sounds like you're struggling with the same issue that a lot of other collectors are. We only have a finite amount of space, and yet Stern keeps pumping out desirable games. It seems you can never have enough room in this hobby. If you have space for 20, you want 50. If you have space for 50, you want 100.

If it makes your decision any easier, you can always come over and play my SC, LOTR and STTNG.

#28 11 years ago

I'd boot the RFM, TAF, and Funhouse.

And the dining room table.

#29 11 years ago

100% interested in the Safecracker. So I'd say sell that one.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

markmon said:

Heh. Harsh. But I agree.

WTF is wrong with you guys.

#31 11 years ago

I wouldn't sell any of those games, very nice line-up. Instead I think that you should add some early SS games (classics) and some EM's to your collection

If you definitely need to get rid of 5 games, my order would be: BDK, STNG, RFM, POTC, SM. These games are OK to play, but not maybe in the same level than rest of the games in your collection IMHO.

#32 11 years ago

AFM, MB, MM, IJ and SM

You could then go out and buy yourself a brand new Camaro SS with the proceeds. You'll have much more fun driving that than playing pinball, trust me. At least until you lose your license.

#33 11 years ago

I would start here, if your just thinning the herd seems silly to do the dump MM for cash for new pins, but the following games would free up room, give you some cash, and I really don't think I would miss them if I had your collection.

RFM w/SWE1 kit
    TAF
    POTC
    Indiana Jones (Williams)

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I would agree, but its not 'Awful' just not worth holding on to IMO, it was fun to have in the pin room for a few months.

#35 11 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I know in the end it's what I like/play most and my friends/family. But, I change my mind every time I noodle the notion of downsizing. I honestly love my collection where it is - just being mindful that with some new games coming around, this is getting a bit crazy.

I'm shocked a bit by the sell TAF first. Great point on if I ever want another they are out there though. It was the third pin I bought and been in collection for 8 years. I love that game mainly to play but because first pin my two daughters became amazed with the Thing hand coming out.

Scared Stiff is the title my wife and two daughters say sell first. They don't like the spider or theme. Again, I love it. Every Halloween Elvira and I have a few hour date.

The three that I'm leaning towards leaving first, IF i ever did would be MB, AFM and BDK believe it or not. I love the themes and am huge comic guy but see myself playing these the least right now. I just know in the condition these three are in, I would never get these titles back again.

Keep coming with the opinions. Again, I'm not selling anything just noodling. But all the different thoughts really are helping me organize my thinking from my heart.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What? You mean the part about us not liking everything that you like?

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

You could then go out and buy yourself a brand new Camaro SS with the proceeds.

Great point. But then it depreciates as soon as I drive off the lot. Plus, I'm not a big car guy. But selling those titles sure would ease the kitchen remodeling project coming up.

#38 11 years ago

BTW...thank you all for the kind words on my collection. I'm fortunate to have built this collection over the years in the condition they are all in too. I have my wish list besides that BBB and my new interest in GNR and DW.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

If it makes your decision any easier, you can always come over and play my SC, LOTR and STTNG.

I appreciate that. And as always, you are welcome over here as well.

Quoted from Goonie:

I'd boot the RFM, TAF, and Funhouse.

And the dining room table.

I'd thought you reply to all the STTNG naysayers in this thread.

Quoted from EmptyLogic:

seriously awesome collection of choice games Billy Boy.. I really need to get up by you soon before you unload 5 of those beasts.

Invitation is open Bill.

Quoted from davewtf:

If i were you, I would keep the games that I and the people that actually play your games like the most.

Let me know when in my neck of the woods. Welcome to enjoy the collection.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So this is a very fine idea. Problem is, I'm a comic book fan so Xmen I'm hanging onto and buck the recent trend of those non "true believers".

#41 11 years ago

Top 5 to sell? Condition being equal, other than woz: WOZ, RFM, SC, LOTR, and STTNG.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I'd thought you reply to all the STTNG naysayers in this thread.

What! That would be...futile. Come on, you know you can't reason with "those" kinds of people!

#43 11 years ago

Based on the fact that some are obviously keepers to you, may I suggest you provide us with an abbreviated list of games that are not on the keeper list/on the keeper list. It may provide more useful feedback/ opinions if you really want to narrow it down to a few more specific titles to possibly part with.

I still vote for build a bigger game room.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Let me know when in my neck of the woods. Welcome to enjoy the collection.

That's might kind of you, i may have to take you up on that someday!

Since i now have a horse in this race, I'd get rid of AFM SS BDK RFM & IJ.

3 months later
    #45 11 years ago

I narrowed it down to these bottom four:

AFM
    MB
    BDK
    SS (I did not want this on the bottom list my wife & two daughters don't like it)

Monster Bash looks to be the one I likely will end up getting rid of. Gonna try FT first. Wish me luck as I send one off on their own.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downsize-noodling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.