Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
20140211_013948.jpg
image-884.jpg
image-109.jpg
IMG_20140301_125111_989.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider generica.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 10 years ago

I hate to be that guy, because on the whole we are satisfied with 2.0 and feel that it's made a great game better, and I have all the respect in the world for Keefer and what he's done on WoZ and previous titles... but...

There's No Place Like Home has a dozen adjustments now but not one that lets us do what we want to do with the rule, which is basically shut it off. I work at Pinballz and the rule is just not a good fit for location play.

- it's confusing to new players, who don't know what's going on.
- it takes forever to complete, and timer or no timer encourages trapping the ball and playing slow to hit specific shots, dragging out ball times without adding much excitement to the player or appeal to people watching.
- most importantly, it's just not any fun! You're trying to recover something you've already lost, which psychologically is less satisfying than going for something new. And with the outlanes wide open the success rate is so low that it's effectively just a between-balls discouragement. WOZ on the whole is fun to play no matter if you're an expert or new to pinball, but to get TNPLH more than one out of ten tries takes a lot of skill and or practice.

TOTO is a great example of a ball save feature that works and is satisfying for both home play and on location. TNPLH... I just wish we could have it give the ball back after the rainbow targets, or after all the pop-bumper standups have been hit, or it could be disabled entirely.

EDIT: overlooked new stage 1 requirements adjustment (r-a-i-n-b-o-w targets) (i am dumb)

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

This could be addressed by adding one more adjustment, something like "TNPLH Goals Needed".
0=TNPLH is disabled
1=give ball back after TNPLH targets completed
2=give ball back after TNPLH and Rainbow targets completed
3=give ball back after TNPLH and Rainbow AND standups completed
etc.

Maybe I'm way off base here. Do other owners actually like the rule as is? I imagine if I owned a WoZ in my house, I'd want this imaginary adjustment set to 2 or 3. Completing four sequences of shots (what is it, 12 or 13 targets/shots total? EDIT: you can adjust it down to 3 rainbow hits for stage 1, so like 8 shots) seems like a goal for a wizard mode, not a glorified kickback feature.

#192 10 years ago

That's a good suggestion. I don't think we'll do it in the arcade now, as people are probably getting used to the feature working, but I can see that setting being used at shows or in other on-location situations when trying to keep ball times short and gameplay straight-forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider generica.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downloading-woz-20-now?tu=generica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.