Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
20140211_013948.jpg
image-884.jpg
image-109.jpg
IMG_20140301_125111_989.jpg
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It sounds like the switch (or opto) in the Hut for the third ball lock is not working properly.

Yes, it does sound like that... That would be odd though. I'll look in to it. Thanks for the suggestion. Obvious, but it just assumed it was code related, as it wasn't happening before the update.

I'll rule that out though.

Cheers

#202 10 years ago

Just checked. All three ramp lock optos are working fine in switch test. Must be a software issue.

I think it happens when multiple people are playing. One player already has 2 balls locked, then drains. Next player locks a ball, so now there are 3 there... Machine gets confused.

#203 10 years ago

Hang in there, this game unconfuses itself in more situations than I've ever seen, with the Munchkin gate slipping up so often. I would think even more situations will be compensated for in future releases.

#204 10 years ago

I had a strange situation playing tonight. Ball was stuck behind the left door, but not in the hole. Ball search was not strong enough to move the ball leaning on the back side of the door. I tried using a second ball in play to bash the door, and move the ball. Eventually, I had to pull the glass, and retrieve the ball. First time that's happened to me.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I had a strange situation playing tonight. Ball was stuck behind the left door, but not in the hole. Ball search was not strong enough to move the ball leaning on the back side of the door. I tried using a second ball in play to bash the door, and move the ball. Eventually, I had to pull the glass, and retrieve the ball. First time that's happened to me.

I have, ahem, liberal tilts here at home, so when this happened yesterday, I just picked the front up so the ball would go in the hole.

Then I set it back down, but one leg wound up out of its Pin Footie! Argh!

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from generica:

I hate to be that guy, because on the whole we are satisfied with 2.0 and feel that it's made a great game better, and I have all the respect in the world for Keefer and what he's done on WoZ and previous titles... but...
There's No Place Like Home has a dozen adjustments now but not one that lets us do what we want to do with the rule, which is basically shut it off. I work at Pinballz and the rule is just not a good fit for location play.
- it's confusing to new players, who don't know what's going on.
- it takes forever to complete, and timer or no timer encourages trapping the ball and playing slow to hit specific shots, dragging out ball times without adding much excitement to the player or appeal to people watching.
- most importantly, it's just not any fun! You're trying to recover something you've already lost, which psychologically is less satisfying than going for something new. And with the outlanes wide open the success rate is so low that it's effectively just a between-balls discouragement. WOZ on the whole is fun to play no matter if you're an expert or new to pinball, but to get TNPLH more than one out of ten tries takes a lot of skill and or practice.
TOTO is a great example of a ball save feature that works and is satisfying for both home play and on location. TNPLH... I just wish we could have it give the ball back after the rainbow targets, or after all the pop-bumper standups have been hit, or it could be disabled entirely.
EDIT: overlooked new stage 1 requirements adjustment (r-a-i-n-b-o-w targets) (i am dumb)

Wouldn't setting the timer to like 2 seconds or 1 second be as good as disabling the feature?

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Yes, I love it. It should be hard - you just lost your freaking ball. Sure adjustments to tailor the mode (or turn it off - good points, generica) are ok, but personally I'll be playing the default.

Same. I enjoy the NPLH ball save game.
I really like the way the mood/music changes after you complete each stage. Really well done by KJ.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I really like the way the mood/music changes after you complete each stage. Really well done by KJ.

Right there with you. The mode is one of my favorites and is reminiscent of TABA on LOTR. The mood change is brilliant and dream like which is obviously intentional.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Correct. The 7V LED power supplies and redesigned 7V LED boards were first put into production games in the latter half of September.

Any pictures showing the two different power supplies ?

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I'm having issues with ball searching. Anybody else??
When 3 balls are locked in the Munchinland ramp, sometimes the machine doesn't kick a ball out, goes in to search mode, but never tries releasing a ball from the ramp lock??!
I'm not sure what's causing this. Must be a software issue. I hope I'm describing it correctly.
I've had to restart several times as consecutive ball searches can't locate my ball.

That is exactly the problem I am having. I am going to look at my pin to see if anything is wrong, and perhaps try to recreate this with the glass off.

If nothing helps, I am opening a ticket with JJP. Keep me posted on your resolution of this problem and I will do the same.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

+1

I also really enjoy the change of pace/mood. The pressure both TOTO and TNPLH put on you to potentially get that ball back is a great feeling not oft captured in a game. It gives me the same tension that shooting the snack bar to restart Multi-ball in CFTBL offers...I loved hitting that shot too.

#212 10 years ago

<MapleSyrup said:
When 3 balls are locked in the Munchinland ramp, sometimes the machine doesn't kick a ball out, goes in to search mode, but never tries releasing a ball from the ramp lock??!
I'm not sure what's causing this. Must be a software issue. I hope I'm describing it correctly.
I've had to restart several times as consecutive ball searches can't locate my ball.>

<<That is exactly the problem I am having. I am going to look at my pin to see if anything is wrong, and perhaps try to recreate this with the glass off.

If nothing helps, I am opening a ticket with JJP. Keep me posted on your resolution of this problem and I will do the same.>>

I had a very similar problem, had me stumped too, but then I found that it was directly related to the adjustment of the gap between the magnet coil and plate on the arm lock, once I got it adjusted correctly it's been perfect since. The reason I think that it didn't work in ball search was the pulse to the coil isn't as strong, so it doesn't have enough pull to make the arm rise.

I could be completely wrong on this, but it has worked for me, super easy adjustment so worth a try?

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

<MapleSyrup said:
I've had to restart several times as consecutive ball searches can't locate my ball.>
<<That is exactly the problem I am having. I am going to look at my pin to see if anything is wrong, and perhaps try to recreate this with the glass off.
If nothing helps, I am opening a ticket with JJP. Keep me posted on your resolution of this problem and I will do the same.>>
I had a very similar problem, had me stumped too, but then I found that it was directly related to the adjustment of the gap between the magnet coil and plate on the arm lock, once I got it adjusted correctly it's been perfect since. The reason I think that it didn't work in ball search was the pulse to the coil isn't as strong, so it doesn't have enough pull to make the arm rise.
I could be completely wrong on this, but it has worked for me, super easy adjustment so worth a try?

Hmmm... This could be a solution for me too. Oddly, I noticed that the cable to the arm assembly seemed to bounce during the ball search. Perhaps I'm having the same issue.

I would assert that the fact that the game has to enter ball search at all is a software issue that needs to be addressed, but perhaps your fix will be a bandaid until they fix the code error.

Can you detail exactly what you did??

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Here is a solution provided on the JJP Google group.
Add a small nylon cable guide under the existing screw. So far I haven't had the same issue again.
20140211_013948.jpg20140211_013948.jpg

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

Add a small nylon cable guide under the existing screw. So far I haven't had the same issue again.

20140211_013948.jpg 78 KB

Looks good to me, especially if it solves the issue. However, be prepared to have that labeled by purists as a "Hack of the week".

#216 10 years ago

Star Trek uses those cable guides out of the box to stop balls from being trapped on the space where the wire rails meet the slingshot plastics (Prem/LE).

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Just checked. All three ramp lock optos are working fine in switch test. Must be a software issue.
I think it happens when multiple people are playing. One player already has 2 balls locked, then drains. Next player locks a ball, so now there are 3 there... Machine gets confused.

I had this EXACT same problem, and thought it was the opto's too, its not. see if anything is binding against the lock bar that the magnet lifts up. pull the huts off, check to make sure the coil wires arnt in the way. Then go into coil test mode, go down to the ramp lock and test it with no balls in there (remember you go into manual mode and close the coind door b4 you hit the start button to test)

Then test with 1 ball, then 2 balls, then 3 balls. still not working? look at the lock bar itself, did the lower limit plate underneath get bent down a little bit from use?

Once i pull the hut off, tweaked a few things and tested, it all worked fine for me after that.

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

<MapleSyrup said:

Ah, you beat me 2 it. i posted on the JJP google group about this. I had the exact same problem, for me it had to do with the gap needing a little adjustment and i think the winkie hut was rubbing against the armiture. I cleared all that up and it works fine for me now.

The key is to go into to test mode and put three balls in the lock and fire away on the coil, once you can do that several times with no failures, you should be good to go.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

<MapleSyrup said:

Also, how did you do the adjustment? curious to see if there is anything else i need to consider if this happens to me again.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

20140211_013948.jpg 78 KB

I really can't tell what I'm looking at here. It seems to be a solution to the ball getting stuck there again though, no? Any suggestions for the fact that the door is longer opening all the way? Or have I missed the point of this?

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

That works but what happens if the ball gets stuck behind the right door?

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I really can't tell what I'm looking at here. It seems to be a solution to the ball getting stuck there again though, no? Any suggestions for the fact that the door is longer opening all the way? Or have I missed the point of this?

Mr. Syrup - there simply isn't enough space for the ball to get stuck now I am assuming so the ball probably drops back into the VUK and then waits for ball search again and the doors to reopen.
I am guessing..

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

That works but what happens if the ball gets stuck behind the right door?

On the right side the post is positioned better than on the left and it simply doesn't get stuck there. On the left they put the post a little too far to one side leaving enough space for the ball to get through. Though simiply putting a rubber on the left side post is enough to pretty much keep this from happening as well. I have some little 1/2" clear rubber stick on circles (feet) that are about a 1/4 inch high and I just stuck one of those in there. enough to keep the ball out but not block the door. Ther'es a few ways to deal with this and all of them pretty much work. Just hack at it!!!

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I have some little clear rubber stick on circles that are about a 1/4 inch high and I just stuck one of those in there.

Like the ones for hanging pictures?

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The ball will not get stuck behind the door on either side. If it does get behind the doors (a quick hit after eject) there could be a timing problem and the ball could still get stuck back there but a ball search will clear it. (improved on 2.0)

If your doors are not opening all the way during normal play then it is likely that the set screws that hold the door to the shaft are loose. I believe that there are 2 of them.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

The ball will not get stuck behind the door on either side. If it does get behind the doors (a quick hit after eject) there could be a timing problem and the ball could still get stuck back there but a ball search will clear it. (improved on 2.0)
If your doors are not opening all the way during normal play then it is likely that the set screws that hold the door to the shaft are loose. I believe that there are 2 of them.

Yes, that's the problem I'm now having. Left door simply doesn't open now.

#227 10 years ago

This is what I get when I try to open the doors in Device test...
image.jpgimage.jpg

Same during game play. Doors just aren't opening properly anymore.

#228 10 years ago

Hi MapleSyrup,

I had the same problem and I finally decided to fix it a couple of weeks ago. You'll need to take off that mini playfield. There is a metal plate on the underside below those two doors, once you get the mini playfield upside-down you'll be able to see how it operates. This plate can (it seems) become misaligned. All I had to do is push it back down (you may have to use a nut driver because it is not easy to get your fingers on it) until the doors didn't open with my "gentle force" pressing on them. I didn't see any loose screws or other issues, that plate was just tilted enough to allow that right door to open pretty easily with light pressure. After adjusting the plate it has been fine.

The underside of this mini playfield is very complicated, I appreciate it so much more after examining it! A lot of stuff crammed into a very small area.

Let us know how your experience goes. Oh, I did have to cut one wire pair and put a new molex connector in, as you may have read from others who have removed the upper playfield. Seems some of the early machines don't have a connector to make removing the playfield easier.

-Brannon

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This is what I get when I try to open the doors in Device test...

Same during game play. Doors just aren't opening properly anymore.

image.jpg 168 KB

Had a similar problem, the grub screw that connects the door to the motor came loose. Just tightened it up, no problem since. That you will need to remove the mini field to complete the adjustment is tough part.

#230 10 years ago

Turns out, my problem was a little more finicky...

The spring that pulls the doors closed was binding in the plate that prevents the doors from opening from ball crashes. Difficult to explain, but I'll include a pic.

At the point where the spring attaches to the plate, the spring has twisted to the side, and was jamming the travel of the mechanism. Something to watch for

image.jpgimage.jpg

#231 10 years ago

thanks for posting the pic, makes it so much easier to understand.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I operate a WOZ too, and I totally agree. For location use I'd rather it just give your ball back when you hit all of the pop standups. Then the next time maybe it could require 2 or 3 hits per standup to give it back again. For tournament play I would enable the full default mode, since some of the better players can actually finish it.

I think for tournament mode, it should be turned off. Many players don't even bother trying to complete the sequence. They just hit the ball around knowing that they can still score points.

A more important tournament setting IMO is turning off ECMB locks so players can't force an unexpected multi-ball.

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think for tournament mode, it should be turned off. Many players don't even bother trying to complete the sequence. They just hit the ball around knowing that they can still score points.
A more important tournament setting IMO is turning off ECMB locks so players can't force an unexpected multi-ball.

Not to mention the advantage to the player who locks balls first getting to plunge for the bonus X lanes.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Yes, that's the problem I'm now having. Left door simply doesn't open now.

I'm going to have to look at mine, I'll bet I have the spring issue because mine opens about half the time and the other half it only opens like 1/2 way then if the ball hits it it will snap open the rest of the way. It's weird though sometimes it will open all the way no problem and in test it works fine. I thought it was normal for it to open part way as you have to bank the doors to get in I thought it was just part of the gameplay! Doh! Time to get in there. It looks like from the pic though that you don't have to remove the mini playfield to check that spring? I hope not was hoping to not have to go there!

Tom

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I'm going to have to look at mine, I'll bet I have the spring issue because mine opens about half the time and the other half it only opens like 1/2 way then if the ball hits it it will snap open the rest of the way. It's weird though sometimes it will open all the way no problem and in test it works fine. I thought it was normal for it to open part way as you have to bank the doors to get in I thought it was just part of the gameplay! Doh! Time to get in there. It looks like from the pic though that you don't have to remove the mini playfield to check that spring? I hope not was hoping to not have to go there!
Tom

No, I just lifted the back of the playfield out and rested it on the side of the backbox. Careful here. Make sure it's secure! I was able to access the spring through the side, no problem. It seems very likely that your spring is flipping around to the inside and jamming, sometimes it flips back, and operates normally.

I wonder if a little dab of solder on the plate to stop the spring from moving to the inside is the fix here??

Any thoughts on that??

#236 10 years ago

I wonder if a little dab of solder on the plate to stop the spring from moving to the inside is the fix here??

Any thoughts on that??

That sounds like it might do the trick but the tab looks pretty shiny like it might be tough to get the solder to stick. But if you can get it to flow through the hole a little it would probably be enough to work. I was thinking about maybe just positioning it to the other side and putting a dab of clear silicone on that tab. Might be enough to keep it in place and it would flex a bit as well. Let it sit overnight to dry.... Easily removed if needed too. I'll get to mine soon and report back.

Tom

#237 10 years ago

I'm having a problem with the file... it downloads but when I go to unzip it it says its not a complete file? and cant unzip it any Ideas?? thanks

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm having a problem with the file... it downloads but when I go to unzip it it says its not a complete file? and cant unzip it any Ideas?? thanks

It should be zipped. and then you copy it to your stick and then you extract the files in your stick. So you will be left with 2 files.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Sounds like the download is getting interrupted, having any intermittent internet issues?

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sounds like the download is getting interrupted, having any intermittent internet issues?

I dont think so but it dose down load fast just a couple sec. I tried a couple times . maybe something to do with my comp. at work. I retry when I get home.

#241 10 years ago

Added to this 2.0 post:

Hey guys - I didn't notice this 1.25 (doesn't mean it didn't happen) - but now that I have 2.0 installed, I notice that every trip around munchkin land counts as two. Is that correct? I know there are two switches, but I thought both had to be activated to decrement one - in other words - one time around the house should count as one, but mine are counting as two. Is this normal? By design, a 2.0 anomaly? Thanks!

#242 10 years ago

Any thoughts?

#243 10 years ago

Hardware issue on your machine, near as I can tell. Counts correctly on the one near here, and also in Troz's video in another thread.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Hardware issue on your machine, near as I can tell. Counts correctly on the one near here, and also in Troz's video in another thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually it was software. Rebooted the game and it's working as it should - yes, I had tried that before but I might have not waited long enough to restart it.

One more probably game play question - when you go to the castle and get the rescue letters and then knock down the door, the screen shows "Lock 1" - then "lock 2" the next time, "Lock 3" the third time and then finally you get the multiball. What do the lock 1,2,3, mean? Where/when would the ball be locked after that? I am asking because as far as I can tell - the ball doesn't lock at all and the lock indicator doesn't illuminate near the ramp either.

#245 10 years ago

Spelling RESCUE qualifies a ball lock at the loop (green arrow) or multiball start at the door (yellow arrow). If Dorothy hasn't been captured, you only get the green light... you can "pre-lock" balls but not start MB til the monkey gets Dorothy. If you lock a ball by shooting the loop, you have to re-spell RESCUE to qualify the locks/multiball start again. Once you lock the maximum number of balls, you can only start multiball.

#246 10 years ago

Perfect - thanks!

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Spelling RESCUE qualifies a ball lock at the loop (green arrow) or multiball start at the door (yellow arrow). If Dorothy hasn't been captured, you only get the green light... you can "pre-lock" balls but not start MB til the monkey gets Dorothy. If you lock a ball by shooting the loop, you have to re-spell RESCUE to qualify the locks/multiball start again. Once you lock the maximum number of balls, you can only start multiball.

I'm not complaining... I have such a hard time on the castle playfield. Just hitting the targets is a bear, and it drives me crazy when I finally light both the door (yellow) and the search lane (green) and I accidentally hit the lane instead of the door. Sure, rescue will have another ball, but I now have at least 2 - 3 trips I need to make back to the castle playfield. Yes, it is because I suck at pinball. But man, as the ball is coming down the wireform it is just depressing.

#248 10 years ago

Same here, would get locks when I wanted MB start. You have to be careful when you get close to completing Rescue and trap/shoot the ball so you don't make the loop by mistake. Moving the post in to throttle the drain a bit helps as well.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Same here, would get locks when I wanted MB start. You have to be careful when you get close to completing Rescue and trap/shoot the ball so you don't make the loop by mistake. Moving the post in to throttle the drain a bit helps as well.

Did you have to remove the playfield to move the post? i am considering doing this too.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Did you have to remove the playfield to move the post? i am considering doing this too.

removing the playfield is not that bad, just takes time. Personally I think it is worth going through and separating the connections out of the harness in case you need to remove it in the future. This took the most time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downloading-woz-20-now/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.