Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
20140211_013948.jpg
image-884.jpg
image-109.jpg
IMG_20140301_125111_989.jpg
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Double freaking rainbow all the way across the playfield!
How sweet would it of been to have this dude do some of the call outs in the game

I think that guy seeing the double rainbow on you tube needs to lay off the Peyote!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

[Wizard Of Oz - Delta Update - 2.00] 2/28/2013 - Size - 100 MB - PRIMARY LINK - [MD5 CHECKSUM]
guys this update is 1 year old! hahaha JJP cmon we moved on to 2014!!!! not 2/28/2013 righttt

Highest quality. Is JJP ISO or TS?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Taylor, Where are you!

Likely working on his frozen LED's or applying a gasket.

#55 10 years ago

My bro installed the update last night.

I had my first game this morning, Crushed my previous Grand Champion, doubled it.
over 1.6million with a dumped multiball and 2 extra balls. I could't play anymore I had to go! lol

The new callouts and light effects are great, Great Job Keith!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I think that guy seeing the double rainbow on you tube needs to lay off the Peyote!

I was thinking Shrooms but either way he needs to cut back.

#57 10 years ago

I've had some strange behaviour with the Dorothy Lock. Anybody else??

I've had Dorothy Captured when my ball is NOWHERE near the magnet. Ball is bouncing around in the trees on the other side of the playfield, and for some reason the monkey swoops down, grabs nothing, and the lock counts. Very strange indeed.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I've had some strange behaviour with the Dorothy Lock. Anybody else??
I've had Dorothy Captured when my ball is NOWHERE near the magnet. Ball is bouncing around in the trees on the other side of the playfield, and for some reason the monkey swoops down, grabs nothing, and the lock counts. Very strange indeed.

+1

#59 10 years ago

2.01 coming soon(ish).

#60 10 years ago

I think its setup now to catch Dorothy (when ready) from the left orbit as well, so the ball must have triggered the left optos.

#61 10 years ago

I have not noticed that yet, but now my monkey grabs the ball and takes right off with it instead of having a delay of over 5 seconds.

#62 10 years ago

Yes. If a weak or rattly shot makes it up either orbit far enough to trip the final switch, but not close enough to the magnet to get caught, you will still get credit for the capture lock. The ball will still be in play - so watch it, but you get the virtual lock regardless and can proceed to beat the door down and RESCUE.

I'd advise going to the JJP board (google group) to discuss the new rules and changes, as some of the JJP people don't post here anymore, and many questions are being answered there. Lots more explanations and bug-collecting threads as well.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jersey-jack-pinball-woz

If you don't have access, you can email JJP and they'll fix you up. You will need to copy and paste the full URL, as the # sign messes up the auto-link-generation.

#63 10 years ago

Just had a monster game. 4 multi ball modes running at the same time.

IMG_20140301_125111_989.jpgIMG_20140301_125111_989.jpg
#64 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'd advise going to the JJP board (google group) to discuss the new rules and changes, as some of the JJP people don't post here anymore

I'm still disappointed that Pinside made things go down like that. It means that those of us who aren't owners but want to know how things are going because we might be interested in becoming owners are utterly shut out.

Thanks trolls, hope you're happy. (And this was probably the goal, so I'm sure they are.) But to JJP, and Jack especially, your shortsightedness is sad too. Jack only shows up here to talk shit and act like a jerk now, it's hardly the way to build support for a company. Way to make everything you've said about Pinside a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm mostly bitter because I'm very curious and happy for you guys and your new code though, so sorry for the negative vibes, I hope to see a 2.0 game sometime.

#65 10 years ago

Nice score

So I see LOTR, Metallica, ACDC and I *think* BSD there. Then a ST:TNG and I think a TZ. Nice collection

Edit - just looked at the collection link (forgot about it originally) .. six for six

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm still disappointed that Pinside made things go down like that. It means that those of us who aren't owners but want to know how things are going because we might be interested in becoming owners are utterly shut out.

Shoot them an email and see if they'd let you on. I don't know if it's limited to only owners, or just closed in general to keep the S/N ratio high.

#67 10 years ago

Ugh, now I want one. Thanks guys!

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

My winged monkey inserts stay lit regardless of if Dorthy is captured. Manger stopped ball for monkey even though I had not hit the winged monkey targets. Monkey never came down, finally released the ball to the oz rollovers.

Mine does the same. does any one know of a fix

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Shoot them an email and see if they'd let you on. I don't know if it's limited to only owners, or just closed in general to keep the S/N ratio high.

I don't want to hang out in the sekrit WOZ club, thanks though. I'll just keep checking impressions on Pinside. Have fun playing everyone.

#70 10 years ago

This is another lamp effect change (and also covered on the JJP boards) The target lights now work like all other target lights - they're flashing til you collect them, then they stay lit. Your lights are working fine. They do flash independently of each other - you have to collect each target once to light Capture.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't want to hang out in the sekrit WOZ club, thanks though. I'll just keep checking impressions on Pinside. Have fun playing everyone.

I will give you my impression. After playing a dozen games on 2.0, I looked at my other games and wondered how much I could get for them, so I can afford the Hobbit.

Those talking S*%t look like fools IMHO.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I will give you my impression. After playing a dozen games on 2.0, I looked at my other games and wondered how much I could get for them, so I can afford the Hobbit.
Those talking S*%t look like fools IMHO.

Yeah, Hobbit is really what I'm more interested in, truthfully I'm just not gonna get a WOZ I don't think, too much about it that's not quite for me for the amount of money. Especially if what I hear about standards going for $8500 now (!!!!) is true. I just bought a Star Trek Premium, and with sales tax it went over $7k, but that's still a far cry from $1500 more. Of course Hobbit is gonna be the same, which is why knowing more about how JJP does things makes a big difference. I'm just not spending that kind of cash blindly. If at all, it's just a lot for a game. I do love the theme.

The fact of the matter is that WOZ has been far from smooth. Delays, defective hardware, unfinished code, etc. I still don't see those 90 ish days machines flooding out. I basically have faith in Keefer, and that's about it when it comes to JJP now. IMHO they'd be wise to rebuild their image with people who aren't owners (hell, with people who paid to be owners and still aren't for that matter) instead of holing up with the occasional forays to poke the bear (Jack/Bene).

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

Mine does the same. does any one know of a fix

Holy shit I must have been drunk when I wrote what you quoted. Lol.

As for the monkey, keith stated it was by design, not a bug.

#74 10 years ago

Does anyone else think the game plays faster with v2.0?

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

Does anyone else think the game plays faster with v2.0?

Not necessarily faster but smoother maybe? It does seem like the witches magnets are stronger too and seem to be throwing the ball around more.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

As for the monkey, keith stated it was by design, not a bug

Well mine doesn't come down at all for nothing even when the targets are hit

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

Not software related.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from royce6135:

Go to your menu and test the monkey mechanism to see if it's working. If not, check your connectors. There's a board behind the backboard and a long, thin connector at the bottom of the wire harness. Contact Lloyd if you still can't figure it out.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Jack only shows up here to talk shit and act like a jerk now, it's hardly the way to build support for a company.

Jack is an alright guy; he's just stressed when he acts like that.

The best thing he could do for his company is to hire an experienced production manager to get the games made.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Jack is an alright guy; he's just stressed when he acts like that.

I'm sure, I've met him, I've talked to him on the phone, I wish him no ill will. But we have banned trolls that cause less grief by posting here than Jack.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure, I've met him, I've talked to him on the phone, I wish him no ill will. But we have banned trolls that cause less grief by posting here than Jack.

I wouldn't compare the owner of JJP posting in JJP threads to the trolls banned or not. Jack can say what he wants regarding his company - it's his company.

#82 10 years ago

People need to realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if you don't agree with them, it doesn't mean they're being jerks.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

People need to realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if you don't agree with them, it doesn't mean they're being jerks.

I agree, but what do you call this:

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Woohooo! 2.0 extends the warranty an extra month!

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, Hobbit is really what I'm more interested in, truthfully I'm just not gonna get a WOZ I don't think, too much about it that's not quite for me for the amount of money. Especially if what I hear about standards going for $8500 now (!!!!) is true. I just bought a Star Trek Premium, and with sales tax it went over $7k, but that's still a far cry from $1500 more. Of course Hobbit is gonna be the same, which is why knowing more about how JJP does things makes a big difference. I'm just not spending that kind of cash blindly. If at all, it's just a lot for a game. I do love the theme.
The fact of the matter is that WOZ has been far from smooth. Delays, defective hardware, unfinished code, etc. I still don't see those 90 ish days machines flooding out. I basically have faith in Keefer, and that's about it when it comes to JJP now. IMHO they'd be wise to rebuild their image with people who aren't owners (hell, with people who paid to be owners and still aren't for that matter) instead of holing up with the occasional forays to poke the bear (Jack/Bene).

Defective hardware? My game has been perfect with 7.0 v boards and those with 5.0 v boards have gotten replacements for free and a permanent fix is in the works. The game is built better than any other pin out there in my opinion. Also the code support has been incredible and better then Sterns who leaves us months in the dark on end. With 2.0 I would say WOZ has the deepest set of rules since games like LOTR and TSPP. Keith, Ted and JP did a fantastic job with the code. Overall WOZ is a masterpiece and I'm glad Jack had the guts to make a fully loaded wide body game in times when games were getting simpler and simpler. Since JJP made WOZ it has forced Stern to finally started including more toys and features in their games.

I don't care if it took 3 years to start shipping WOZ and dealing with all the bumps along the way as the finish product is worth it. Jack didn't just decide to make standard body DMD games, which many are still a blast to play including ones made today. Instead of taking that approach he decided to bring back the wide body format, load it up with lots of toys, put in new tech and give programmers time to complete its code. I just never thought a game like WOZ would have been made and that the times of loaded wide body games were long gone. I'm glad JJP proved me wrong

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Woohooo! 2.0 extends the warranty an extra month!

C'mon, that is funny material with all the post about the WOZ warranty lately.

Why is it that Pinsiders are allowed to joke about any game except WOZ?

#86 10 years ago

Yea, that's kinda a snarky comment.

Quoted from vid1900:

I don't get it, but I haven't been following that stuff. I do think there are people who dig at any inadequacy that JJP might have, while overlooking more serious issues other manufacturers seem to routinely do as a course of business. So it sometimes looks like sour grapes more than humor.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Why is it that Pinsiders are allowed to joke about any game except WOZ?

AC/DC is another game which can't be criticized on Pinside.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

AC/DC is another game which can't be criticized on Pinside.

Yea, I really wish people could peacefully-coexist with others who don't necessarily agree over which game is the aws0m3st.

#89 10 years ago

I wouldn't compare the owner of JJP posting in JJP threads to the trolls banned or not. Jack can say what he wants regarding his company - it's his company.

But if anyone else does it it's libel or slander.

#90 10 years ago

I must have missed this whole controversy.

#91 10 years ago

If we can't have big boy conversations about this stuff without people getting all defensive there's really no point.

Enjoy your games, I'm sure they're lots of fun.

#92 10 years ago

image-109.jpgimage-109.jpg

#93 10 years ago

Awesome update! However, I wish there was a menu option for turning off the "flipper awareness alerts" the first time the ball goes up to the castle & spinning house. I looked in the menu but didn't see an option to turn them off. The castle one in particular takes a while before it even kicks the ball up the VUK.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Just had a monster game. 4 multi ball modes running at the same time.

IMG_20140301_125111_989.jpg 202 KB

That's pretty tight game! I haven't gotten anything going on 2.0 like that, though.

I missed the code drop yesterday, just installed (don't you love the literally 5 second JJP update time?) and played 4 or 5 games and was brutalized each time. Haven't been playing much pinball the past couple weeks, and I'm just reminded of how brutal WOZ can play sometimes! I admire the way the YBR moves around now, so it's not so dummified to get an EB, but damn do I *need* that EB to get anywhere! LOL I'm going to have a good game on it tonight or bust!

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Awesome update! However, I wish there was a menu option for turning off the "flipper awareness alerts" the first time the ball goes up to the castle & spinning house. I looked in the menu but didn't see an option to turn them off. The castle one in particular takes a while before it even kicks the ball up the VUK.

I think those are pretty cool if ever you have a guest playing your game, which ZI do all the time. It's a great attention getter. Perhaps it's could happen sooner, almost simultaneous with the VUK?? I think it's a cool heads up though.

#96 10 years ago

Video?

#97 10 years ago

WOZ now has complete code, still will be updates for it, sure, but it is now a pretty much complete game!!
That is incredible!!! This is one area JJP has really made up some serious ground after all the early problems.
People will be getting fully fleshed out games from now on! Incredible! Great Job folks!!!

I see Hobbit orders picking up!

Tom

#98 10 years ago

I have very high expectations for the Hobbit and I don't think Jack will dissapoint.

#99 10 years ago

Update is Easyyyy see how it went for me at 1 of my favourite places in holland GAMESTATE became good friends with the directors/owner, i can just ask the guy to upgrade it for them. as u see it happen at the video

#100 10 years ago

Now hopefully a full gameplay teardown from Mr Bowen/PAPA TV won't be far behind

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downloading-woz-20-now/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.