(Topic ID: 287939)

Downloaded pinball schematics not legible

By Mr_Outlane

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

How are you supposed to read these PDF schematics? The are illegible when printed out as well as on screen! WTF? They can't give manuals and can't offer legible PDF's? My Stern Star Trek manual is like this.

#2 3 years ago

The images were probably compressed too much.

If you're really having trouble with a particular PDF manual, you may need to buy an original printed copy.

#3 3 years ago

Not sure what files you are looking at. I just looked up Stern's StarTrek Pro in the IPDB.ORG library and the schematics are fine.
    https://www.ipdb.org/files/6553/Stern_2018_Star_Trek_Starfleet_Pro_Vault_Edition_Pinball_Service_Game_Manual_780_50E4_00.pdf

#4 3 years ago

Not illegible.
    So "legible"?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Not illegible.
    So "legible"?

LOL

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How are you supposed to read these PDF schematics? The are illegible when printed out as well as on screen! WTF? They can't give manuals and can't offer legible PDF's? My Stern Start Trek manual is like this.

Stern wants you to purchase a hard copy manual from the parts department of your local Stern Pinball distributor.

#7 3 years ago

I'm finding some of the reprints I've purchased are super difficult to read as well unfortunately. The Elvira and the Party Monsters reprinted schematics are a mess, but fortunately I could cross reference some of the schematics off the Pinbot reprint, which is actually quite clear.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Not illegible.
    So "legible"?

Sorry!
    Fixed

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Not sure what files you are looking at. I just looked up Stern's StarTrek Pro in the IPDB.ORG library and the schematics are fine.
    https://www.ipdb.org/files/6553/Stern_2018_Star_Trek_Starfleet_Pro_Vault_Edition_Pinball_Service_Game_Manual_780_50E4_00.pdf

You call those schematics legible? They're a blurry mess!

#10 3 years ago

So where would you buy a manual? Stern's site only offers the PDF downloads.
    Let me guess, ebay?

#12 3 years ago

As I said before in post # 6, you can buy a complete manual from the parts department of your local Stern Pinball distributor.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

As I said before in post # 6, you can buy a complete manual from the parts department of your local Stern Pinball distributor.

So, for the OP, the local (Well, Detroit area) Stern distributor is:

Shaffer Distributing Company
    13432 Stark Rd, Livonia, MI 48150
    (800) 282-0194

They're good people. They bought out Cleveland Coin aboot ten years ago. Call them and order it. They will ship it to you.
    The only other decent distributor that was closer was in Grand Rapids. They closed up before the year 2000 though.

#14 3 years ago

There is also this Stern Pinball distributor:

Game Room Guys
    4741 West River Drive Northeast
    Comstock Park, Michigan 49321
    616-785-7353

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downloaded-pinball-schematics-not-illegible?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.