Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

test_(resized).JPG
Capture1_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok?
If I buy the LE means buy before I play it. What's the odds it could end up as a dog, such as AVLE or WWE LE ?

0, well of course not zero but very unlikely. Here's why

1. Stern did the licensing right with Ghostbusters: Will feature voices / linkeness from actors in the original films. Main theme has been licensed. Assets can be used from both films.
2. Custom callouts from an actual Ghostbusters actor
3. The artwork, it's incredible
4. The TOY offering. I haven't seen a Stern toy / feature offering that has ever looked this promising. Far better then anything in AVLE / WWE LE. I love my XMEN LE partially because of it's toy offering and Ghostbusters premium / LE matches if not exceeds that game in the toy department in my opinion.
5. Flow: The game has a lot of toys with unique shots that will still offer fast gameplay
6. The code / rules: From what we heard so far the game will have a very deep ruleset with interesting modes including two wizard modes.

Overall everything about released about Ghostbusters so far makes it sound like a hit.

#107 8 years ago

Anyone with LEs left?

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Big difference is one is the hulk and the other is Ghostbusters which absolutely decimates the hulk as far as popularity. Not to say people don't like the hulk - it's just that people LOVE the ghostbusters and considering they've been denied for so long and most recently slapped in the face with a garbage remake (IMO), the hunger is even stronger. If the code and gameplay turns out, this will be Stern's biggest pin BY FAR. NIB LE price will be through the roof considering the limited US run (250).

Good points. I think what hurt Hulk LE value wasn't necessarily the Hulk character himself but rather the games audio, rules, artwork, layout, and license package. Had all of those items been done right I'm sure the game would be worth much more today. Does Avengers even have any of the film actors voices in it?

Ghostbusters just seems to have it all. Just think if the toy / feature offering wasn't as good as what's been shown, there was no Ernie Hudson doing callouts but rather a random voice actor, no callouts pulled from any actor from the films and then photoshop artwork all over the playfield. Ugh. That would have been terrible but thankfully none of that happened.

Licensing can really make or break a game. I love The Walking Dead but I just can't buy the pin as it lacks custom callouts from one of the actors, they are not represented on the playfield (only the cabinet as if it's an advertisement and was ok there) and none of the actors voices and stories are tied into the games audio and rules. Theme attachment is why a lot of people drop $5k-$8k on these games and at those prices I expect for Stern to at least get original audio and character likeness rights.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Would've been nice if the LE had some more little things like PDI glass and inner side art, but zero reason the downgrade if you already got one. This baby will sit on the outside of the row to show off all the slime glory!!
On a side note, I'd like to see this next to the SMVE....

I do agree that Stern should be including more in LE's other then powder coated armor and a unique artwork package. It's as if Stern know's people will just buy an LE because it's limited so why put more in it. Don't get me wrong I think Ghostbusters LE looks incredible but is there $1500 in extra's there? No way.

Now look at Star Trek LE for example. There's powder coated laser etched side armor that lights up, a stainless steel speaker grill, and the head of the cabinet has a cool Starfleet logo that sticks out and lights up as well. Now those are the types of features that should be included at the LE level.

Also, Stern really needs to do away with the tiny "LE plaque". I put "LE plaque" in quotes as it's just so cheesy looking. Stern did a nice job on WWE LE but including a cool plaque with a signature on it. Personally I think Stern should do away with the current "LE plaque" design and put something like below tied to the theme in the middle of the apron. A signature doesn't have to be there but the number of the game could be laser etched into the metal.

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

I can barely see my XMEN LE's # and that's only if I lean forward and squint. Hey I can finally read the number when it's this close, lol. Seriously the damn game number text is smaller then the "all rights reserved" text. This isn't just on GB LE but rather all Stern LE's. It needs to change. For $8k there should at least be a cool laser etched plaque with the game number.

Capture1_(resized).JPGCapture1_(resized).JPG

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I have chase sapphire card , how exactly do I get $400 cash back from them ? Would this be instead of getting points for travel?

I was just on the Chase site looking at the Sapphire and the fake name they are using is D. Barret, could very well be Dana Barrett, lol. Maybe Chase is hoping that Ghostbusters fans will get their card, haha.

test_(resized).JPGtest_(resized).JPG

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I'm kind of interested in the magnet slings as well. Hope they are stronger then the ones on TZ.

I hope there's some type of sound effect played when they are activated as otherwise it's going to seem odd. I assume Stern did a lot of testing with the magnetic slings and look at them as something that enhances gameplay. Hopefully they don't turn out to be something that people dislike. It's a huge change considering it will be the first pin, at least in the modern era, to not use regular kickers.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So in other words, different cabinet art and a shaker motor.

Yup. I mean the LE looks awesome but is there $1400- $1500 in extras over the premium? No way. Stern really hasn't made an LE worth the extra cost over the premium since Star Trek LE in my opinion. That game has laser etched powder coated armor that lit up, the interior of the game had extra lighting, the apron lit up, the head of the cabinet lit up and there was a slick stainless steel cover over the speaker panel. Now that's how you do an LE.

Just adding basic powder coated armor, and a mirrored backglass is not enough but hey Stern knows that people will buy em up and sure enough that happened so why add more and make a game like ST LE?

Personally I rather own a premium, add the rumored light bar topper, the ZombiYeti custom armor, and a Color DMD. That would be the same cost of an LE if not give or take $100. That option seems like you would be getting far more for your money.

Like I said the LE looks awesome and I can see why people are buying it. I've gone back and forth about buying an LE or a premium and decided to go the premium route as I can't justify the LE price.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from john32:

I get all the back and forth between the premium and the LE. But how many premiums will be made versus the LE. So say you trick out a premium to your individual taste and lets say you have LE price in that premium now.. Your premium that has way more produced is still going to be a premium that you tricked out and if you sell it down the road the looks of it still has to be liked just like and LE would..

When the difference is only the backglass and side artwork it's not a big deal. This isn't a Star Trek LE or WOZ ECLE situation where there are truly a lot of differences. Like I said before the LE looks awesome but there is certainly not $1400- $1500 worth of extras there.

Metallica, TWD and especially ACDC Premium values have held fairly well. That trend will likely continue for Ghostbusters. Even if I sell it down the road for a $500 loss that's fine, that's not that bad considering depreciation value in other hobbies can be a lot worse.

I can't see having $9.5k tied up in the LE after adding a ColorDMD, the Stern topper and the special armor package. If I had the extra money around I would buy the LE of course and all the add ons but I dont.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

truth of it is, is that they are not really adding powder coated armor. Pros and premiums are black powder coated. IT's just a different color. So there really isn't any extra cost for stern. Cost the same to do black or green. Doesn't matter.

Wow, I didn't know that. So Stern easily makes the most profit on the LE model then. Whatever special aftermarket armor they create for the game should have been included on the LE along with at least a stainless steel speaker grill instead of the plastic insert like on the other models.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

WOZ LE... a lot of differences?? LOL!

Yes! You have been denying that for years now and it's old. I know you think you can just spray paint WOZ green and it's an ECLE but there's a little more to it then that.

1. High quality powder coated armor
2. Powder coated habit rails
3. Clear coated apron with LE plaque
4. Clear coated direct print cabinet
5. Unique topper
6. Mirrored backglass
7. Shaker + invisiglass

Yeah, now that's an LE! Same goes for STLE.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're such a WoZ homer... Standards which many times can be bought with free shaker and invisiglass basically need the wood apron which some have popped up for sale on Ebay and any powder coater and give you green armor. Hardly ANY differences!
Stern makes it almost impossible with different back glasses and cabinet art. Don't be ridiculous.

...and you're such a WOZ basher, for years now. Keep thinking that, lol! You should start selling Teekee WOZ LEs feature green spray painted armor. No differences! Offer some homemade wood aprons too. No differences. $10k by Christmas.

Now let's get back to Ghostbusters please.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Good response... there was nothing else for you to say when you know I'm right. Wooden apron and powder coat... HUGE DIFFERENCES!

Nah. Go look at the list I posted Guess you missed that. "See said the blind man". Can you try talking about Ghostbusters instead of WOZ trolling? Doesn't that get old after 3 years?

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Alright...well now we got that whole Stern vs JJp thing over with we can move on

Lol, yes.

Looking forward to tonight's Ghostbusters stream. The rules overview that Stern posted today on Facebook look awesome and very deep. When all is said and done I wouldn't be surprised if Ghostbusters is as deep as LOTR if not deeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downgrade-from-gb-le-to-premium?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.