Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

test_(resized).JPG
Capture1_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

GB looks pretty sweet, but it's definitely premature to call the game a hit. This is precisely why I stopped pre-ordering games sight unseen. I'd rather wait a year or so for the code to mature and then judge the game at that time.

I am normally with you on this. For the first time ever, I am willing to take the risk and buy sight unseen right out of the gate. The game has the look, so it's basically this: will it be a hit or not? It it is, I come out ahead and can keep it, or enjoy it for a few months and sell if there is a drought in production and make a lil' money or lose a lil' money but still say I had fun and enjoyed the game for a couple months.

OR....it could suffer the same fate as Avengers/Transformers by being super-desireable before release only to fall on its face once released.

With GB, I dunno, I just don't see that happening. I 100% agree with your example on TWD; however, all the likable characters have nearly already been seen on the GB preview. We have characters from GB I and II on the pf, and we have seen clips of all 4 of them on the DMD already (preview video from last week). We've seen Stay Puft and the hell hounds on the DMD as well; this game is embracing its characters rather than pushing them to strictly the cabinet art via TWD (which FTR, I am 100% good with; I like feeling like I am the one surviving TWD).

Some people are saying this will be Stern's next MET. I dunno, that is a very tough climb-upwards. MET has one thing in its corner that will be tough to overcome: masterfully polished code from arguably Stern's best software engineer in Lyman Sheats. THEN again.....Dwight Sullivan has done STTNG, Sopranos, TSPP, and LOTR....

So yep, based on those factors, I dropped my deposit on the Prem, and 3 days later now, I know that was a smart move with no regrets. Hell, even if the game is a dud, it will be electric eye-candy.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

The opposite effect is happening to me....lately pins that I used to really covet are starting to look old and boring.....even some "A" list titles.

I have no problem agreeing with this 100%. AFM is the only one in my radar anymore in terms of "will own one day" A-list titles, and to know for what I bought GB Prem for that I am NOT far off from AFM at all makes me go "wow......it is actually possible..."

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am really interested to see how those magnet slings work. Just gotta hope a prem pops up around me so I can get my hands on one.

I will tell you right now, there will be one right here with me . Come on up once I get it!

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

For the record, here's what the LE has over the premium. How much people value them is up to each person:
1. Production limited to 500 machines 
2. Features Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern 
3. Designer Autographed playfield featuring John Trudeau's signature under hard coat 
4. Serialized number plate 
5. Shaker Motor
6. "Ghostbusters and Slimer" backglass original art by "Zombie Yeti"
7. Full Color High Definition decal material cabinet art featuring "Slimer, Ray, and Egon"
8. Slime green powder coated legs, side armor, hinges and front lockdown molding
I really like the art and slime green powder coating. As soon as I saw it, I knew the premium wouldn't do. The premium looks bland and not really different than the pro. I also like having a backglass vs translite. Limited quantity and shaker already installed is also appealing. If I wouldn't have gone for the LE, I think I would have held out and waited for the refinery edition. It may be as good as the LE!! This is a title that needs powder coating.

So in other words, different cabinet art and a shaker motor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downgrade-from-gb-le-to-premium?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.