Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

test_(resized).JPG
Capture1_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok?
If I buy the LE means buy before I play it. What's the odds it could end up as a dog, such as AVLE or WWE LE ?

Thinking the same thing also. Especially with a few new things being implemented. In particular the magnetic slings. Of course these new things may make this game a classic, but it could go either way.

Since I'm not a fan of the LE art and armour anyway, the benefit of playing a Premium before I buy it far outweighs the "limited" nature of the LE. Premium all the way, but only after playing an LE/Premium.

#68 8 years ago

And the more I look at LE's, the more I realize they're really only of benefit if you are a huge fan/collector of the theme, or you really prefer the artwork. I don't hold on to games long enough to be deemed a "collector", and I don't have the space to collect and keep. If I buy an LE I know I'll be selling it at some point.

I guess there's the arguement it will be easier to sell, but I think in this case, the LE is polarizing, so you'll get just as many saying they don't like it as those that do. Different story with BIBLE, for example, where it's clearly the best looking version.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Slimy green LE for me!
Will look good next to my tats.

image_(resized).jpg

Did you get Zombie Yeti to do that?

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope there's some type of sound effect played when they are activated as otherwise it's going to seem odd. I assume Stern did a lot of testing with the magnetic slings and look at them as something that enhances gameplay. Hopefully they don't turn out to be something that people dislike. It's a huge change considering it will be the first pin, at least in the modern era, to not use regular kickers.

Im guessing they'll use some sort of sound effects like they used (still?) for electric cars to simulate engine noise because it was just too weird without it.

But the main unknown is predictability. At least with regular slings you can anticipate how they'll behave. Not so sure with magnets. All magnet games Ive played have been used to either randomize the ball, or capture it. Except TZ upper PF which is used to "control"the ball - or attempt to control the ball at best.

Given they wont be capturing the ball at the slings, Im hoping the magnets wont randomize it. Randomizing is great further up the PF, but so close to the flippers/outlanes, not so much. Im assuming this mechanism has had a lot of testing, though Im a little wary that 5 years down the track it'll be known as "that game with the magnet slings". Who knows until I can play it. As strange as it sounds, I probably would have ordered an LE if it wasnt for the the magnet slings. As it is now, it's my main reasoning to wait for the Premium.

And we wont even be able to judge from Jack Dangers stream as it will be on the Pro.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern Shop is coming out with some cool laser cut rails as options so they with be available. So that defeats the LE green I guess.

Im thinking GB Premium and using the money saved for the Stern custom armour, topper and shooter rod - may still be cheaper than the LE. Same as i did with TWD Premium - blood splatter armour instead of the brown TWD LE armour, Fishtank topper, and zombie head shooter looks awesome.

The topper, armour and shooter should be fantastic on GB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downgrade-from-gb-le-to-premium?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.