Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

test_(resized).JPG
Capture1_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

I know there are several threads about GB but I have a specific question regarding LE or premium.

I already have LE on preorder, but I don't know the price difference, even if it turns out to be $1000 but lets say that's the case.

All I'm seeing is a shaker and armor (which can be added later).

The question is the artwork? I like the cabinet art on the LE better, but the back glass art on the premium better but both are OK in my book.

In favor of LE
-can be had sooner (instant gratification).
-limited number

In favor of the premium:
- I don't have to order it immediately so I can see other guys with LE and determine if there are any serious gameplay issues (like the magnetic slingshots). (play before I buy)
- slightly cheaper

#2 8 years ago

LE - Limited to 500 Slimer editions (250 going over seas), Shaker, armor, presumably more clear coat to cover signature on playfield, real back glass not translite, LE cert and number plate.... Is it worth the price difference? It is to me

#3 8 years ago

Is it really a real back glass? The last 4 or 5 LE's have not had that. The matrix says backglass but it's not worded in a really specifically highlighted manner.

#4 8 years ago

Both will be great hopefully. I guess it depends on how much of a hurry you are to get your grubby paws on it

I personally cancelled my LE and will pick up a premium once I know any issues (if any) have been sorted out. I'm not a huge fan of the green armor, and the art is tremendous across the board which made it an easy call for me.

I went with an LE for GOT because I greatly preferred the art and thought the laser-etched armor was really nice. That said, it has numerous issues, most of which have been addressed by Stern's great customer service... and while nothing is game breaking, if I could do it again, I would have waited for a premium with a working left orbit shot.

#5 8 years ago

LE if its 1k or less between them...
more than $1,000 then premium...

#6 8 years ago

I never find the LE's to be worthwhile. People try to collect pins like comic books. The effect doesn't really work as well and trying to put a presumed value on LE. When the premium offers the same layout and gameplay and an LE. I'd rather save the money and customize my game down the road if I want. And the real backglass. I'd rather have a translite. Nothing worse than breaking a irreplaceable backglass.

#7 8 years ago

It's usually about $1200 street price difference. I like the LE only because of the cabinet art. IMO the green trim is horrendous and I also don't like lollipop side rails. So for me, I'd prefer the Premium, even possibly the Pro.

That said, when MET first came out, I tried to get an LE. They were sold out and instead of getting a Premium, I saved even more money by buying the Pro a few weeks later. I don't miss any of the Premium/LE features. Most of the collectors in my area who bought a NIB METLE have long since sold theirs. I still have my Pro and love it!

#8 8 years ago

I don't know if any LE is "worth it"... well, outside of a couple (Tron and ST), there probably isn't enough stuff added to justify the extra money. So then it becomes the intangible value of owning an LE, combined with getting the game a month or 2 before Premium buyers.

Getting the game first is always worth something to me.

#9 8 years ago

If I had the money for GB id jump on the LE for sure

#10 8 years ago

I would say unless you want to gamble that this LE will be worth more later or you absolutely LOVE the green, it doesn't seem like there is a huge difference and the premium would be better choice - even the pro.

#11 8 years ago

I bumped my Premium to an LE.

First time for me, as Ive always been happy with Premium.

I dont have a "Green Game", so thats a plus.
The extras....on this game, are worth it for me.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I never find the LE's to be worthwhile. People try to collect pins like comic books. The effect doesn't really work as well and trying to put a presumed value on LE. When the premium offers the same layout and gameplay and an LE. I'd rather save the money and customize my game down the road if I want. And the real backglass. I'd rather have a translite. Nothing worse than breaking a irreplaceable backglass.

Right, with Tron there was no premium. IOW nothing to buy if you wanted the moving recognizer (etc..) so that's an outlier. With AcDc the artwork (I suppose) was much better but I still don't know why they go for that much more than the premium (what with the cloudy lower PF and all), but I'd suppose the other LEs have been a wash as far as being worth much more than the LEs.

So if there was a 100% clear choice for me on art, I'd go with the LE. But as I said maybe I'd give it this (just for myself)

LE cabinet = A
Back glass = B

Premium cabinet = B
Back glass = A

So I'm split not one is telling me this has to be the one for art package.

#13 8 years ago

I'm waiting to at least see gameplay videos. So far, this is what I know.

Art: 10
Theme: 10
Playfield Layout: Interesting
Gameplay: ?
Sound: ?
Rules: ?
Display effects: ?
Lighting effects: ?

The game has great potential but I just can't get crazy excited over looks and theme alone.

#14 8 years ago

No way, LE art package will be a definitive difference throughout time as was CV. LE if you can do it.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm waiting to at least see gameplay videos. So far, this is what I know.
Art: 10
Theme: 10
Playfield Layout: Interesting
Gameplay: ?
Sound: ?
Rules: ?
Display effects: ?
Lighting effects: ?
The game has great potential but I just can't get crazy excited over looks and theme alone.

Lol. This coming from a guy with a history of negative stern and nutting jjp, and which includes a November 2012 hobbit order when there was even less known about that machine. I have no interest in such biased and contradictory input. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Quoted from Jvspin:

I also got the call that my 11/26/2012 order is on the line.....

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Both will be great hopefully. I guess it depends on how much of a hurry you are to get your grubby paws on it
I personally cancelled my LE and will pick up a premium once I know any issues (if any) have been sorted out. I'm not a huge fan of the green armor, and the art is tremendous across the board which made it an easy call for me.
I went with an LE for GOT because I greatly preferred the art and thought the laser-etched armor was really nice. That said, it has numerous issues, most of which have been addressed by Stern's great customer service... and while nothing is game breaking, if I could do it again, I would have waited for a premium with a working left orbit shot.

Same situation for me with GoT. Cabinet is unreal especially with the topper. Did stern assist you in fixing the left orbit? Thought they had a fix in the work but nothing released as of yet...

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Same situation for me with GoT. Cabinet is unreal especially with the topper. Did stern assist you in fixing the left orbit? Thought they had a fix in the work but nothing released as of yet...

No incentive for Stern to fix GOT when money is pouring in for GB.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Dude comments like this are total BS. Why post them?? Do you know how many times Stern has released a new game that was hot and supported the games behind it? It's just not a productive comment bro.

#19 8 years ago

I like the pre cab art the best but need to see the game in action. Its so expensive up here for these NIB Sterns right now but man this looks great.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Lol. This coming from a guy with a history of negative stern and nutting jjp, and which includes a November 2012 hobbit order when there was even less known about that machine.

I like all pinball and own a couple of Sterns. LOTR is one of my favorites.

True, my biggest complaint with recent Stern machines has been I don't feel they put enough stuff into their games for what they charge, but GB looks pretty loaded. I like all the 3d sculpts, ecto goggles and metal ramp. Bravo Stern!

To me, early pre-orders like Hobbit or Alien get you an initial price break and/or lock in a price, which is important when a game is going to take two to three years to finish. There's plenty of time to get a refund if I don't like how the game develops or the video reveals. Not much risk unless the company folds.

With Stern games, there's no need to lock in a price and you don't get any price break for pre-ordering, so I don't quite understand the rush to send in pre-order deposits for pros or premiums based on appearance alone.

Pre-ordering an LE is more understandable as scarcity may cause prices to increase.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

No assistance yet regarding the orbit, just some assurances that they are working on it and I'm not really sweating it. It plays great even though the left orbit goes to the pops in certain modes where it shouldn't.

What they did RMA and replace was my node 8 board, a cracked coil, my upper PF dragon whose motor was binding and not flapping sometimes, my front decal which bubbled on top near the lock down bar... Oh and my topper also did not work. Holy shit, hah that's a lot of stuff. I've gotten to know Chas pretty well the past few months. Great guy!

So yeah, rotten luck I guess especially for a NIB LE. My brand new Met Pro I got this month is flawless. So yeah, lesson learned. From this point on I'm just gonna be patient and wait it out a bit... Unless the LE is up there with Star Trek or Tron.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Is it really a real back glass? The last 4 or 5 LE's have not had that. The matrix says backglass but it's not worded in a really specifically highlighted manner.

Mirrored translites started with Walking Dead. Screened backglass is a thing of the past from Stern now.

The last screened backglass was STLE.

#23 8 years ago

I prefer Stay Puft to Slimer in general, but i actually really like the LE art much more than i was expecting. I don't super love the green armor, but it's ok and coupled with the better art (imo), stick with the LE if you're already in for one. I would imagine nothing is stopping you from switching up later if you want.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

No assistance yet regarding the orbit, just some assurances that they are working on it and I'm not really sweating it. It plays great even though the left orbit goes to the pops in certain modes where it shouldn't.
What they did RMA and replace was my node 8 board, a cracked coil, my upper PF dragon whose motor was binding and not flapping sometimes, my front decal which bubbled on top near the lock down bar... Oh and my topper also did not work. Holy shit, hah that's a lot of stuff. I've gotten to know Chas pretty well the past few months. Great guy!
So yeah, rotten luck I guess especially for a NIB LE. My brand new Met Pro I got this month is flawless. So yeah, lesson learned. From this point on I'm just gonna be patient and wait it out a bit... Unless the LE is up there with Star Trek or Tron.

My topper flaps but I thought it would be more pronounced. Was yours muted or did it not work period?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Pre-ordering an LE is more understandable as scarcity may cause prices to increase.

Rai: I am not a LE guy - quite the opposite actually - but given the hype for the theme and the very positive comments on the art package, I would stick to the LE.

It would have to be a real dog (I doubt it) or a pin crippled by incomplete code for many months to become a boat anchor. I doubt you will lose much $ on reselling that LE. Possibly less than on a premium.

And you will get it earlier.

#26 8 years ago

With "only " 500 being produced, GB Le sounds like the way to go.It's unique appearance alone is destined to make it a must for your collection.Seems like a good replacement for that STLE !

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

With "only " 500 being produced, GB Le sounds like the way to go.It's unique appearance alone is destined to make it a must for your collection.Seems like a good replacement for that STLE !

Thanks, I may be keeping my STLE too, I was trying to be rational but in this hobby rational thinking takes a back seat.

All I really don't like is the picture of Sigorny Weaver on the translight but I can always buy a premium or pro translight.

I don't love the green armor but I'm not totally against it either. More like ambivalent, it's too bad that it's not more fancy like GOT LE or STLE, just ordinary lollipops.

#28 8 years ago

Used to buy all LE's unseen; kicked them all out and only buy premium from now onwards.

Premiums fit better in a row to me; furthermore you can play one, check out if the software is complete enough for you and there is no rush to order it. Price dif is a bonus.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Used to buy all LE's unseen; kicked them all out and only buy premium from now onwards.
Premiums fit better in a row to me; furthermore you can play one, check out if the software is complete enough for you and there is no rush to order it. Price dif is a bonus.

I do the same thing unless it's one of my all time favorite themes like Star Trek or Star Wars.

#30 8 years ago

I think I want an LE now so if someone wants to downgrade, send me a PM. Currently have a prem on reserve

#31 8 years ago

I bought the LE, but I couldn't find fault with someone purchasing a Premium and have the Refinery add polished chrome hardware and a color dmd.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Its not like now that Ghostbusters is on the line that nothing else is getting manufactured. GoT will be on the line for a while and won't be forgotten. I do think that the LEs are the test candidates for the Premium runs as the last couple LE's I have had had small issues. My GoT premium does not have the orbit issue and some other things have been added that doesn't exist on the LE's.

Back to the topic

I love the artwork and the slimmer green armor but the Premium is what I'll be picking up with this one.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mirrored translites started with Walking Dead. Screened backglass is a thing of the past from Stern now.
The last screened backglass was STLE.

I'm pretty sure STLE is the mirrored translight and the last screened backglass was METLE

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I'm pretty sure STLE is the mirrored translight and the last screened backglass was METLE

I can confirm that STLE is mirrored.

#35 8 years ago

I had bothe side by side at one point and on the back side of the glass they look totally diffrent I have since sold my stle but my buddy up the road has one I'll have to get a closer look

#36 8 years ago

LE for the win!!!!

#37 8 years ago

I could still be wrong but I knew I read it somewhere lol

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#39 8 years ago

What are the guesstimates on street prices of LE and Prem?

#40 8 years ago

Why would anyone downgrade? This may be the best LE ever made to date and with less than 200 in the states how could you go wrong?

#41 8 years ago

I went with the le at least in part due to the fact there is only 250 in the states and my assumption is that it might hold value better since I'm guessing Stern will be making A LOT of premiums for a long time. Plus, I actually love the green. It is like slimmer is just asking to be played.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I own a STLE and its screened.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

What are the guesstimates on street prices of LE and Prem?

Stern his now created price fixing with the introduction of this title.
No freebies, no vouchers and no shakers are to be given by dealers.
It's going to create upset customers and confusion

#44 8 years ago

One benefit of going with the premium that hasn't been mentioned yet is that they will be built later. Yes, you will have to wait longer for it, but it also gives Stern more time to work out any kinks in the production. It's a known fact that early games often have issues that are fixed in later runs.

#45 8 years ago

I pulled the trigger on the LE and have absolutely no regrets. That being said, the art on the premium is stupid good as well, so if you want to save the cash you'd still have an incredible machine.

I truly don't think you can go wrong either way on this one. The LE has the same function as the Premium, so you wouldn't be sacrificing any game play (with the exception of a shaker that I'm sure you'd add anyway). The art package on both are top notch, so that's a plus as well.

If you're even considering an LE, I would hold onto your spot. Very, very few of these going around and most distros sold out quickly. You can always downgrade later if you find it not worth the cost of admission, might not be that easy to move up though.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sorry, Is this in the huge thread, I didn't read thru it. Can you please fill me in?

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I received 2 different prices for LE's ($400 apart) from 2 different distros. I keep seeing this rumor, but I can assure you that it hasn't influenced every distro yet. I'd call around.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Why would anyone downgrade? This may be the best LE ever made to date and with less than 200 in the states how could you go wrong?

because some don't like to piss money away for the same game. When you can get a premium for a lot less. Personally, I don't like the artwork on the LE. I'd rather have the premium or pro.

Plus the real backglass thing is a huge turnoff. YOu think it's a bonus, you never had a backglass burst in your hands for no reason. Happens a lot more often than you think. I still cringe every time I have to take my spooky backglass out. With these games, stern only makes about 10 extras for casualties. Once they are gone, they are gone. So next year or the year after...your paws are a little to warm, and you take out your backglass to put in your new LED panel. POP!.....guess what. You SOL. Glad you spent the extra money now, only to end up with a premium or pro translite anyway? Not worth the risk, and sure the hell wouldn't pay extra for that risk.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Personally, I don't like the artwork on the LE. I'd rather have the premium or pro.

That green is the ugliest goddamn thing I've seen in years. I mean it's worse than spray painted legs on over priced games people sell here in the market place. God awfull.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That green is the ugliest goddamn thing I've seen in years. I mean it's worse than spray painted legs on over priced games people sell here in the market place. God awfull.

What color *should* slime be?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downgrade-from-gb-le-to-premium?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.