Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

test_(resized).JPG
Capture1_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago

It doesn't really matter which version everyone else thinks is better, just get the one that you prefer and enjoy!
Personally, I prefer the LE look much better but I really like the flashy green slimer look. I get that it won't be for everyone. I put the premium and LE cab pics side by side for my wife and she instantly said " I really like the green one" so that's good enough for me!
All versions look great though, but I just like the pop of the LE a little better! And I don't care if I can sell it for more later, that'd just be icing if that ends up being the case. I prefer not to sell any games unless I have to anyway.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

It doesn't really matter which version everyone else thinks is better, just get the one that you prefer and enjoy!
Personally, I prefer the LE look much better but I really like the flashy green slimer look. I get that it won't be for everyone. I put the premium and LE cab pics side by side for my wife and she instantly said " I really like the green one" so that's good enough for me!
All versions look great though, but I just like the pop of the LE a little better! And I don't care if I can sell it for more later, that'd just be icing if that ends up being the case. I prefer not to sell any games unless I have to anyway.

I am a buy and hold guy by and large so resale is not a big big issue at the moment. But I'd want the better looking one overall and I do prefer the LE cabinet art rather than the Ghostmobile. While the car is iconic, it's just a car.

I don't have any really green pins, but I do have some blue in XMLE and thing I am sad is that the armor is just ordinary lollypop type rather than a fancy option like GOT or STLE. That's just kind of cheap, and nothing special.

#203 8 years ago

There's still time for them to improve on that armor (wishful thinking).

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

There's still time for them to improve on that armor (wishful thinking).

I think it would be cool to have 'Ghostbusters' or something in the side rails for the LE, but I like the looks of it as it is with that big picture of Slimer.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I think it would be cool to have 'Ghostbusters' or something in the side rails for the LE, but I like the looks of it as it is with that big picture of Slimer.

How about multiple Slimer cutouts, lit, so that it looks like Slimer is moving (ala Star Trek phasers).

#206 8 years ago

Not sure this thread is that relevant, as no one in the last umpteen posts have said they are downgrading...more likely they would sell their LE position to someone.

Robert

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not sure this thread is that relevant, as no one in the last umpteen posts have said they are downgrading...more likely they would sell their LE position to someone.
Robert

Actually, I am thinking through it. I have a LE spot and am wondering if I should give it up and decide later what I want to do.

I have never bought a game right out of the shoot before, so I am a newbie with regards to that.

I love the title and ordered the morning of the announcement, and come to think of it, I have never owned an LE before either.

Hmmmm...

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Actually, I am thinking through it. I have a LE spot and am wondering if I should give it up and decide later what I want to do.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I just wish the LE had something (other than the standard lollypop type armor).

#209 8 years ago

Stern Shop is coming out with some cool laser cut rails as options so they with be available. So that defeats the LE green I guess.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern Shop is coming out with some cool laser cut rails as options so they with be available. So that defeats the LE green I guess.

Im thinking GB Premium and using the money saved for the Stern custom armour, topper and shooter rod - may still be cheaper than the LE. Same as i did with TWD Premium - blood splatter armour instead of the brown TWD LE armour, Fishtank topper, and zombie head shooter looks awesome.

The topper, armour and shooter should be fantastic on GB.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Whoever puts the premium game in a pro cab with these laser cut rails will have the real LE.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's what I was thinking as well.
I just wish the LE had something (other than the standard lollypop type armor).

For the record, here's what the LE has over the premium. How much people value them is up to each person:
1. Production limited to 500 machines 
2. Features Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern 
3. Designer Autographed playfield featuring John Trudeau's signature under hard coat 
4. Serialized number plate 
5. Shaker Motor
6. "Ghostbusters and Slimer" backglass original art by "Zombie Yeti"
7. Full Color High Definition decal material cabinet art featuring "Slimer, Ray, and Egon"
8. Slime green powder coated legs, side armor, hinges and front lockdown molding

I really like the art and slime green powder coating. As soon as I saw it, I knew the premium wouldn't do. The premium looks bland and not really different than the pro. I also like having a backglass vs translite. Limited quantity and shaker already installed is also appealing. If I wouldn't have gone for the LE, I think I would have held out and waited for the refinery edition. It may be as good as the LE!! This is a title that needs powder coating.

#214 8 years ago

For the record, here's what the LE has over the premium. How much people value them is up to each person:
1. Production limited to 500 machines 
2. Features Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern 
3. Designer Autographed playfield featuring John Trudeau's signature under hard coat 
4. Serialized number plate 
5. Shaker Motor
6. "Ghostbusters and Slimer" backglass original art by "Zombie Yeti"
7. Full Color High Definition decal material cabinet art featuring "Slimer, Ray, and Egon"
8. Slime green powder coated legs, side armor, hinges and front lockdown molding
I really like the art and slime green powder coating. As soon as I saw it, I knew the premium wouldn't do. The premium looks bland and not really different than the pro. I also like having a backglass vs translite. Limited quantity and shaker already installed is also appealing. If I wouldn't have gone for the LE, I think I would have held out and waited for the refinery edition. It may be as good as the LE!! This is a title that needs powder coating.

So in other words, different cabinet art and a shaker motor.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Well sure if you think Gary's signature isn't worth anything!

#216 8 years ago

Since all 500 LE's sold, won't the Premium be the more limited run in the future?

Not sure more than 500 would sell.

Would love to see a premium with Stay-Puft White armor.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well sure if you think Gary's signature isn't worth anything!

I don't know if anything mentioned is worth anything except the shaker motor and you can add that later for a few bucks. Perhaps the back glass is a nice touch but I'd probably break it somehow so that's a wash? Having said that, I like the artwork of the LE more than the Premium but that's subjective, I would take either one and be happy.

The real questions is; How I can afford to score one of these pins...

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

The real questions is; How I can afford to score one of these pins...

Busting ghosts seems to be profitable.

LTG : )

#219 8 years ago

For me the limited edition art work is what justifies the LE value. This is hand drawn art we are talking about. I know Zombie Yeti artwork is not highly valued or collected right now but for pinball this cabinet and backglass is really outstanding. You gotta love the artwork and the fact it is limited to justify the LE price. It hits the mark for me and I think the premium and pro look like they are monochrome when put next to the high definition and colours on the LE.

#220 8 years ago

did he do the other cabinets as well? just a different look.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did he do the other cabinets as well? just a different look.

Yes

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The LE does not have real backglass (and its not "fake" mirrored).
(I confirmed this information because I was interested to see if Stern switched back after TWD shenanigan).
A buyer can get the shaker motor and installation for free in other versions through a distributor.
There is no topper included which would have made actual LE sense, since there was no LCD or even a ColorDMD.

$1000 "upgrade" package value continues to be reduced.
Stern is easily making an extra $500+ profit on every LE which equates to at least $250k, just on the backglass/sideart alone.
Probably a lot more ($1.5K) when you add up savings reductions with the Premium playfield, leftover Avengers side armor, removable of interlock with the SPIKE, and decaled instead of silk screened cabinets, etc, etc. The Stern savings mount up quickly.
With the price $1500 higher on average than a premium, Stern could be looking at a $3k profit on every LE.

If you bought an LE, you like Slimer and neon green.
No problems here, just know what you are getting for your money.

#223 8 years ago

When people say it's not a real backglass...what exactly do they mean?

To me, there's translites, then there's a backglass.

So when people say it's not a real backglass, I'm not exactly sure what they mean.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

When people say it's not a real backglass...what exactly do they mean?
To me, there's translites, then there's a backglass.
So when people say it's not a real backglass, I'm not exactly sure what they mean.

Stern's new version of a backglass is a decal attached to the back of a piece of glass, it is not black lined, multi-stepped ink screened, or mirrored.
The last game they did this one was STLE, and then Stern switched.
People squawked, but most people did not really understand the difference.
I will exclude WNBJM only because it was done on plexi but it was at least ink screened.

If you compare a "real" backglass to a translite, the colors are different vibrant and brighter, the mirror is a real mirror (although modern standards changed it to mirror inking), among several other factors.
There is a HUGE difference in quality, and it is much more expensive to develop, produce, transport, and store.
I don't know the cost difference right now, as I have not had to reproduce a personal backglass or translite in about 10 years.
Original true "old school" backglasses are an even better ink curing process, but nobody does this anymore, even for reproductions.
Short abbreviated answer.

#225 8 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If you bought an LE, you like Slimer and neon green.
No problems here, just know what you are getting for your money.

Minor detail is 1 month quicker delivery. Minor but a short term bennifit for those that build mods.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Stern is easily making an extra $500+ profit on every LE which equates to at least $250k.

I agree with your numbers.

As for how much profit Stern is making, this is not really a concern to me. When I buy a car if I want a certain feature, I'll buy it. I won't work out how much the car company is making. That's kind of sideways thinking. What I mean, either the pin is worth xyz money or it's not. If it's worth the money I don't care if Stern makes $5000 profit on every LE.

MMr was $8k and basically that's the cost of a GBLE. It's up to the market to decide. If the market decides $8k is too much the pin won't sell. How many WWE le were sold? People didn't think WWE was too good and they don't buy them. Maybe Stern lost money on that pin. So just looking at one pin is not the whole picture.

Owners list on Pinside 23 WWE LE and premium 22 pro. That's 45 pins. Even if we magnify that to to the whole world how many pins did Stern sell? If they sold 400 I'd be shocked. Sometime the strong have to carry the weak.

To compare AVLE/premium list 172

GOT LE/premium 166.

AcDc le and premium 814 owners on pinside.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yup. I mean the LE looks awesome but is there $1400- $1500 in extras over the premium? No way. Stern really hasn't made an LE worth the extra cost over the premium since Star Trek LE in my opinion. That game has laser etched powder coated armor that lit up, the interior of the game had extra lighting, the apron lit up, the head of the cabinet lit up and there was a slick stainless steel cover over the speaker panel. Now that's how you do an LE.

Just adding basic powder coated armor, and a mirrored backglass is not enough but hey Stern knows that people will buy em up and sure enough that happened so why add more and make a game like ST LE?

Personally I rather own a premium, add the rumored light bar topper, the ZombiYeti custom armor, and a Color DMD. That would be the same cost of an LE if not give or take $100. That option seems like you would be getting far more for your money.

Like I said the LE looks awesome and I can see why people are buying it. I've gone back and forth about buying an LE or a premium and decided to go the premium route as I can't justify the LE price.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. I mean the LE looks awesome but is there $1400- $1500 in extras over the premium? No way. Stern really hasn't made an LE worth the extra cost over the premium since Star Trek LE in my opinion. That game has laser etched powder coated armor that lit up, the interior of the game had extra lighting, the apron lit up, the head of the cabinet lit up and there was a slick stainless steel cover over the speaker panel. Now that's how you do an LE.
Just adding basic powder coated armor, and a mirrored backglass is not enough but hey Stern knows that people will buy em up and sure enough that happened so why add more and make a game like ST LE?
Personally I rather own a premium, add the rumored light bar topper, the ZombiYeti custom armor, and a Color DMD. That would be the same cost of an LE if not give or take $100. That option seems like you would be getting far more for your money.
Like I said the LE looks awesome and I can see why people are buying it. I've gone back and forth about buying an LE or a premium and decided to go the premium route as I can't justify the LE price.

To each their own, but you make a good point about the add-ons. For me, the prem vs LE difference was $900. I chose the LE.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern really hasn't made an LE worth the extra cost over the premium since Star Trek LE in my opinion.

Yep, because they don't have to. They will continually take things away as much as they can. They're figuring out people want an LE because it's an LE, and many can afford it. The less they put on, the more $$ they make, and the LEs still sell out in an hour.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is the LE has a good chance of holding it's value better than the other models. If so, it would be a better deal regardless of the initial cost.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

truth of it is, is that they are not really adding powder coated armor. Pros and premiums are black powder coated. IT's just a different color. So there really isn't any extra cost for stern. Cost the same to do black or green. Doesn't matter.

#233 8 years ago

A "major" benefit of the LE is that I want it F Ing now! Ever since Woz I've developed need it now anxiety.

I've used up my patience for a lifetime on Woz

And I'm going to route that LE in my garage and have the $1300 difference paid for before the premium ships.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

truth of it is, is that they are not really adding powder coated armor. Pros and premiums are black powder coated. IT's just a different color. So there really isn't any extra cost for stern. Cost the same to do black or green. Doesn't matter.

I was told by someone in the Biz.That the pro's armor is cheap China made.LE's armor is Made in the USA and is of better quality.Grade or thickness if I remember correctly.

#235 8 years ago

I get all the back and forth between the premium and the LE. But how many premiums will be made versus the LE. So say you trick out a premium to your individual taste and lets say you have LE price in that premium now.. Your premium that has way more produced is still going to be a premium that you tricked out and if you sell it down the road the looks of it still has to be liked just like and LE would..

#236 8 years ago

Since I can't get an LE anyway, the one thing that I really like is the green cabinet and so does my wife. Again, most likely end up with pro if I buy. I have a room problem and these recent releases, and nice games hitting the market aren't helping.

#237 8 years ago

Just curious has anyone actually downgraded yet?

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from john32:

I get all the back and forth between the premium and the LE. But how many premiums will be made versus the LE. So say you trick out a premium to your individual taste and lets say you have LE price in that premium now.. Your premium that has way more produced is still going to be a premium that you tricked out and if you sell it down the road the looks of it still has to be liked just like and LE would..

When the difference is only the backglass and side artwork it's not a big deal. This isn't a Star Trek LE or WOZ ECLE situation where there are truly a lot of differences. Like I said before the LE looks awesome but there is certainly not $1400- $1500 worth of extras there.

Metallica, TWD and especially ACDC Premium values have held fairly well. That trend will likely continue for Ghostbusters. Even if I sell it down the road for a $500 loss that's fine, that's not that bad considering depreciation value in other hobbies can be a lot worse.

I can't see having $9.5k tied up in the LE after adding a ColorDMD, the Stern topper and the special armor package. If I had the extra money around I would buy the LE of course and all the add ons but I dont.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wow, I didn't know that. So Stern easily makes the most profit on the LE model then. Whatever special aftermarket armor they create for the game should have been included on the LE along with at least a stainless steel speaker grill instead of the plastic insert like on the other models.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When the difference is only the backglass and side artwork it's not a big deal. This isn't a Star Trek LE or WOZ ECLE situation where there are truly a lot of differences.

WOZ LE... a lot of differences?? LOL!

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

WOZ LE... a lot of differences?? LOL!

Yes! You have been denying that for years now and it's old. I know you think you can just spray paint WOZ green and it's an ECLE but there's a little more to it then that.

1. High quality powder coated armor
2. Powder coated habit rails
3. Clear coated apron with LE plaque
4. Clear coated direct print cabinet
5. Unique topper
6. Mirrored backglass
7. Shaker + invisiglass

Yeah, now that's an LE! Same goes for STLE.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes! You have been denying that for years now.

You're such a WoZ homer... Standards which many times can be bought with free shaker and invisiglass basically need the wood apron which some have popped up for sale on Ebay and any powder coater and give you green armor. Hardly ANY differences!

Stern makes it almost impossible with different back glasses and cabinet art. Don't be ridiculous.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're such a WoZ homer... Standards which many times can be bought with free shaker and invisiglass basically need the wood apron which some have popped up for sale on Ebay and any powder coater and give you green armor. Hardly ANY differences!
Stern makes it almost impossible with different back glasses and cabinet art. Don't be ridiculous.

...and you're such a WOZ basher, for years now. Keep thinking that, lol! You should start selling Teekee WOZ LEs feature green spray painted armor. No differences! Offer some homemade wood aprons too. No differences. $10k by Christmas.

Now let's get back to Ghostbusters please.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keep thinking that! Lol!

Good response... there was nothing else for you to say when you know I'm right. Wooden apron and powder coat... HUGE DIFFERENCES!

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Good response... there was nothing else for you to say when you know I'm right. Wooden apron and powder coat... HUGE DIFFERENCES!

Nah. Go look at the list I posted Guess you missed that. "See said the blind man". Can you try talking about Ghostbusters instead of WOZ trolling? Doesn't that get old after 3 years?

#246 8 years ago

Alright...well now we got that whole Stern vs JJp thing over with we can move on

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Alright...well now we got that whole Stern vs JJp thing over with we can move on

Lol, yes.

Looking forward to tonight's Ghostbusters stream. The rules overview that Stern posted today on Facebook look awesome and very deep. When all is said and done I wouldn't be surprised if Ghostbusters is as deep as LOTR if not deeper.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah. Go look at the list I posted Guess you missed that. "See said the blind man". Can you try talking about Ghostbusters instead of WOZ trolling?

I give you a D for effort... again basically powder coat and wooden apron. Anyone could turn a Standard into an LE in about 20 minutes.

Now, back to GB since Freak had to rudely bring a dud like WoZ into this thread...

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm impatient and like to get the game sooner is why I buy LEs, I would take a premium every time if they were first off the line.

+1

#250 8 years ago

I did not realize the backglass on the woz standard and le was different,my standard looks mirrored and cab is direct print mabey because it was an early game,also I like the standard stainless trim and Chrome ramps but I would like to have a wood apron for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downgrade-from-gb-le-to-premium/page/5?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.