Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

test_(resized).JPG
Capture1_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

What color *should* slime be?

The Law is just a negative nanny but he's still a good dude.

#52 8 years ago

I don't mind the slime armor. I have something similar on BF. It's the cabinet art I don't like as good.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm sure he is

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That green is the ugliest goddamn thing I've seen in years. I mean it's worse than spray painted legs on over priced games people sell here in the market place. God awfull.

It's F ing AWESOME!

And Neo will never buy another Nib pin in his life because they will all exceed his price threshold.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't mind the slime armor. I have something similar on BF. It's the cabinet art I don't like as good.

I like the LE artwork the best, we don't all like the same things and that's good!

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's F ing AWESOME!
And Neo will never buy another Nib pin in his life because they will all exceed his price threshold.

Quoted for truth

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's F ing AWESOME!

that's not true. Spooky's games were well within my price range.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's not true. Spooky's games were well within my price range.

But they all have solid back glass

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

But they all have solid back glass

that does suck, but i'm not paying extra to have it either..plus they make replacement extra..a lot more than stern does. better chance to get one down the road if needed.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That green is the ugliest goddamn thing I've seen in years. I mean it's worse than spray painted legs on over priced games people sell here in the market place. God awfull.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#61 8 years ago

haha...I do feel old but not quite at that level yet.

They have the right color for slime...I just think it's fugly. They'll sell them all right quick without this old man shaking my fist at them

EDIT:

Quoted from eggbert52:

I mean I'm certain(t)ly 20 years younger than Eggy...no doubt there.

#62 8 years ago

Tough part is I have a HULK so not sure how they will look next to each other... Green on Green. I have an LE spot, but the StayPuft looks crazy cool on the premium... decisions...decisions..

#63 8 years ago

Ok?

If I buy the LE means buy before I play it. What's the odds it could end up as a dog, such as AVLE or WWE LE ?

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok?
If I buy the LE means buy before I play it. What's the odds it could end up as a dog, such as AVLE or WWE LE ?

I bought my Hulk before playing, but I LOVE the theme, artwork, call-outs, and playfield. Gameplay required lots of tweaking, but now it plays great.

I would expect the same of GBLE and if it is perfect right outta the box all the better. My only real concern is an artwork decision, which seems to be most people's hangup too, in a GREAT WAY!

#65 8 years ago

I'm not a fan of the theme or the artwork, but I am a big fan of John Trudeau and Dwight Sullivan. This game will be a shitload of fun, and although it'll never be in my house, I look forward to playing it at shows and at somebody's house (hint, hint). I wouldn't worry about buying the LE.

#66 8 years ago

LE's are losing their luster the last few titles due to the constantly shrinking list of extras over a premium, yet the price is still up there. Really at this point its like which art package do you really like? And if you're lucky, maybe you pick the one that doesn't cost an extra $1400.

-Jeff

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok?

Thinking the same thing also. Especially with a few new things being implemented. In particular the magnetic slings. Of course these new things may make this game a classic, but it could go either way.

Since I'm not a fan of the LE art and armour anyway, the benefit of playing a Premium before I buy it far outweighs the "limited" nature of the LE. Premium all the way, but only after playing an LE/Premium.

#68 8 years ago

And the more I look at LE's, the more I realize they're really only of benefit if you are a huge fan/collector of the theme, or you really prefer the artwork. I don't hold on to games long enough to be deemed a "collector", and I don't have the space to collect and keep. If I buy an LE I know I'll be selling it at some point.

I guess there's the arguement it will be easier to sell, but I think in this case, the LE is polarizing, so you'll get just as many saying they don't like it as those that do. Different story with BIBLE, for example, where it's clearly the best looking version.

#69 8 years ago

Get the LE. It will hold its value! I only buy LE's when it comes to Stern. Otherwise the Premium is nice. It will just lose value quicker.I actually like the car artwork. Good luck with your decision!!!!

#70 8 years ago

Slimy green LE for me!

Will look good next to my tats.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#71 8 years ago

No shit ....

#72 8 years ago

You guys in the States should be jumping all over the LE. When I bought my Metallica LE at launch it was A$9250. That's not that long ago. GBLE is A$12,350. And Prem is A$10,650. LE is just getting out of reach now. Would like to but can't anymore.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Slimy green LE for me!

image_(resized).jpg

Did you get Zombie Yeti to do that?

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Is it really a real back glass? The last 4 or 5 LE's have not had that. The matrix says backglass but it's not worded in a really specifically highlighted manner.

Nobody knows what this "backglass" has turned into now for this title, but my instinct suspicions and industry experience based on the development direction that Stern has already headed is that this is NOT a properly traditionally multi-step, layered, ink screened, mirrored (or non-mirrored), black lined, highlighted, tempered glass.

Backglasses are becoming a new quasi type of glass, that are not the same.
It is becoming a "lost art".

It is just like when backglasses are made of plexi or lexan. The process of screening is not exactly the same including surface prep, but still is far better than slapping a decal on the back of a piece of glass.

This further reduces the justification for an LE, unless you really like Slimer.

If I was buying an LE of this title, I would be calling Stern and distributors on these details and getting specific answers.

People do realize the code is still Beta, right?
People do realize changes can occur during production especially during the first or even the middle of the first run?

Has the OP of the thread actually test played the game anyway?

Whether someone spends $7000 or $8000 on something that do not know much about, does not really make much difference.
Either way, I hope any buyer gets what they think they are paying in terms of value.
There has been been a lot of corner cutting going on lately in the past five years alone.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Um...wow! Your a real fan huh.
That is amazing!
Mike

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok?

No one could possibly answer this question. You're taking a risk. If you can afford for this to turn out a dog, then stick with the order. If you will be completely ruined if this isn't the game you expected, don't buy it until you've played it. If you're willing to pay this price now, I'm sure you'd be willing to pay a tad more to get it after it's been out of a bit and you KNOW that you love it.

That being said. Let's say you go LE and this game ends up being a dog. When you go to sell, you'll probably lose 1,00-1,500. If you wait and the game is a home run, you'll probably have to spend an extra 1,000-1,500 on the secondary market. If you agree with that assessment and don't care about all the things that come along with being an early adopter, you might as well get the LE now.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Slimy green LE for me!

image_(resized).jpg

always over the top my friend!!!

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I never find the LE's to be worthwhile. People try to collect pins like comic books. The effect doesn't really work as well and trying to put a presumed value on LE. When the premium offers the same layout and gameplay and an LE. I'd rather save the money and customize my game down the road if I want. And the real backglass. I'd rather have a translite. Nothing worse than breaking a irreplaceable backglass.

Stern will sell you a replacement LE backglass with picture proof that yours is broken and you own the machine.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Stern will sell you a replacement LE backglass with picture proof that yours is broken and you own the machine.

yes, but they only make like 10 extras. once those 10 are gone. your SOL. and that's only if it breaks within the first year. what about 5 years from now? I've seen many backglasses break. All of them just from holding them in your hands, or setting them down somewhere. Not from being dropped or anything bad happening. They are scary to handle when you know you can never find another.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

This is accurate within the first two years of production.
However after 5 years they rarely have any left.
At 10 years, unobtanium.
There are more than 10 made (the percentage is dependent on LE production number) sometimes given away as gifts eventually to Stern employees like the translites.
Never more than 25-30 based on cost run.
It makes no sense for Stern to make additional spares beyond this number because they do not want people running around with LE parts.
A good example would be the proper mirrored SM Black.
One of the strong selling features of an LE is the backglass, but Stern has already started to water diareahea the feature severely.
The GB LE BG is not even that particularly unique.
Same base image as pro and premium modified.
Unfortunate, considering the rest of the art package
Buyers remain "accepting", or uninformed, and that is why Stern can change the rules however they choose.

Backglasses don't "shatter in your hands" unless they are mishandled, broken during transport, vandalism or negligence. They act under the same physical principles of any other piece of tempered playfield glass and are generally the same 3/16" thickness outside of earlier 1/4" BG thickness games or those made in plastic.

Let's just say I have a lot of backglass experience. The reader can decide if it's an opinion or fact.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok?

0, well of course not zero but very unlikely. Here's why

1. Stern did the licensing right with Ghostbusters: Will feature voices / linkeness from actors in the original films. Main theme has been licensed. Assets can be used from both films.
2. Custom callouts from an actual Ghostbusters actor
3. The artwork, it's incredible
4. The TOY offering. I haven't seen a Stern toy / feature offering that has ever looked this promising. Far better then anything in AVLE / WWE LE. I love my XMEN LE partially because of it's toy offering and Ghostbusters premium / LE matches if not exceeds that game in the toy department in my opinion.
5. Flow: The game has a lot of toys with unique shots that will still offer fast gameplay
6. The code / rules: From what we heard so far the game will have a very deep ruleset with interesting modes including two wizard modes.

Overall everything about released about Ghostbusters so far makes it sound like a hit.

#82 8 years ago

Not a fan of the color green.......premium all the way! Besides Stern might come out with custom armor as a mod.

#83 8 years ago

The green looks awful. I'm sure the folks at Pinball Refinery will do something much more tasteful...and as far as exclusivity, the Pinball Refinery Edition wins as well. Instead of 250 for the US, they might do 25? Premium + Refinery is the way to go...especially if you prefer the Premium cab/translite artwork.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They are scary to handle when you know you can never find another.

Backglass paranoia. I have it also and agree this is a negative to the LE. They rarely break but once you lose one, you will never forget the sick, hopeless feeling it causes.

#85 8 years ago

Stern know they can charge more for an LE for no other reason than its a LE. If you can get the same exact game for less in a premium, why spend more? For a number plate? Painted trim and shaker are nice but that can be done on any pin. I plan on waiting to see how the game plays and if any issues come about. If I like the game, I can choose between prem and pro when the time is right for me.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern his now created price fixing with the introduction of this title.
No freebies, no vouchers and no shakers are to be given by dealers.
It's going to create upset customers and confusion

Seems like a $500 increase on the premium now. Plus no freebies.

#87 8 years ago

Who wants to bet that they will come out with another version. I bet they do...Maybe Stay Puff type or something. Not saying now....but i bet they do something like 8 months from now or so...especially if this sells like it is going to do. They did on Metallica and ACDC.

#88 8 years ago

LE cab is sick! 1000x better than the spec stuff that was released. But I'll personally never buy a game again without playing it first, so I'd be out on this obviously popular and apparently "selling out" LE.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

apparently "selling out" LE.

Sold out. Heard they were gone in hours.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

People do realize the code is still Beta, right?
People do realize changes can occur during production especially during the first or even the middle of the first run?
Has the OP of the thread actually test played the game anyway?

Do people realize the code is Beta? Are you for real? People are well aware the code is not complete. I don't know what you mean by Beta but I'm sure you mean that to cast it in a bad light.

Then you ask I have played the game yet? What? How can I have played the game?

Are you just trying to be a wise guy? How can I have played GBLE?

But even if I had, there have been games that I played several times and didn't like at first but now think are great. I've played some games dozens of times and didn't really know one way or the other until I bought it. I just bought Met pro and it's been out 3 years now, but I never really liked it until I had it in my game room and played it.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To the distributors. I called Automated yesterday and they still had them available

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

To the distributors. I called Automated yesterday and they still had them available

Let me guess $8495.00?

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Would be surprised if any reasonably priced ones are left.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Let me guess $8495.00?

Maybe now... but I was quoted a much lesser price that that!

#95 8 years ago

Let me guess $8495.00?

No, they're selling them for less than that for sure. I found their price to be more fair than most (if not all) I've heard mentioned here.

#96 8 years ago

Doubt you will find an LE for less than $8,000 shipped so that means the LE is a $1,300 increase over premium...

I agree with a pinball refinery edition being a great option instead of LE

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

No, they're selling them for less than that for sure. I found their price to be more fair than most (if not all) I've heard mentioned here.

I just talked to Automated and they are $8495.00 said they sold their entire allotment of LE's, but managed to pick up a few from another Distro so that is what they are selling now.. Dude said he has a few left as of this morning.

#98 8 years ago

that tattoo guy isn't me, I found it on google. Honestly I don't even like the movies that much, I think they are kinda dumb. Made for sci-fy channel level of production. Bad acting, cheesy effects, etc.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I got an LE yesterday. It wasn't the distributors last one either. I'm sure they'll all be gone soon, just not yet.

As for the OP, I went in on an LE because I think the art work and armor are fantastic. IMO, the premium looks drab compared to the LE. I have a fully refundable deposit down, so if I don't like the game play when I get to play a pro at the Ohio show, I can always get my money back.

#100 8 years ago

Let me guess $8495.00?

Less than that, including delivery...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/downgrade-from-gb-le-to-premium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.