Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 7 years ago

You never know till you play it. My favorite part is hearing how stupid this them is and then looking at people's collection.

There is serious shit talking in here from people that own games like hook, SWE1, Transformers movie etc...these are all horrible or beyond horrible themes. But they like them...you never know.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

He should have done a theme like Muppet Show which could have been incredible instead of making a pin about a magical cellphone.

Magical cellphone at least has magic involved so maybe something surprising. You own a JM & TS, have you ever actually seen these movies? Because they are embarrassingly bad, and not a good theme at all; yet they're fun (well TS is anyway)

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does this game remind everyone of another genius that returned to his wheelhouse after a number of years?

owns a RS, JM, & BIG HURT

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does this game remind everyone of another genius that returned to his wheelhouse after a number of years?

owns a RS, JM, & BIG HURT

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:Deleted post

I feel ya there. This game is going to cost me a couple bucks to play on location, because I agree the prices are recocuckulus....but it's gonna sell. People are throwing crazy monies down these days.

As I said above, just horrible themes, but you like the games and that's what's important.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

We are literally slaves to them. We can be entertained by our phone, but the phone itself is not "fun." Pinball is what takes me away from the phone.

Watching that stream was a surreal experience. I was waiting for the punchline, or trying to see where they tie the story in to explain the theme better. The presentation was dreadful. Not hating, just not interested in this game.

Jesus man....no wonder you hate the phone theme...you may be looking for a Pharmacy theme.

But seriously yeah I didn;t watch the stream...still sort of lost on what the theme is but sounds like they didn't explain it well anyway.
I'm more entertained by my phone that WWE...so this isn't the worst thing I've seen.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You wish you had a JM...

Ha man i hate that game...I actually would say the movie is better than the game. Love me some TS...and owned/like NF...now thats a theme worse than a dude and his phone.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

but meanwhile you almost exclusively own games with rad themes

Got rid of GB quick and that's a great theme. I don;t think most people would agree on the RBION front though.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I've gone through 30+ pinball machines in the last 4 years, JM is the only one still here from the first year batch.

A man that loves his machine...that's all we can ask for. I remember unboxing it and playing in when it was released. Total and utter shit. Diff'rent strokes

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I hear ya...I paid 1500 for it. Ahhh...can you believe it?

You overpaid for it. I don;t mean you personally, I'm just getting ready to type that for every new machine in the next decade

#531 7 years ago

Oh jeez no I finally see why everyone was comapring the Rolling Stones...didn;t see that dude on a stick; ouch.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

When is jack going to come on here and tell everyone about changes coming based on feedback?

I don't know...WOZ sure wasn't the best loved theme and they seem to be doing well with that i guess. I'd imagine there are more Lawlor Fans here than WOZ fans...I mean like hardcore movie fans.

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

...but my point is I'd rather use over $10k cash for a downpayment on something else. Not a damn $12.5k cell phone themed pinball machine.

Sure sure...but we need to start wondering whom they are selling the game to. Your game section, if accurate, means you weren't even on their radar for buying a game anyway, so they don't care aboot you. Too rich for my blood too, and i have newer Sterns, but plenty of people here have a ton of cash. Why have to sell more machines than you have to? May be what they're thinking?

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Honestly, I have no idea who is buying this.
It's a theme aimed at kids into cell phones, social media, selfies, etc., yet nobody that age can afford this.

Lawlor fans & JJP fans to start with. People with TONS of disposable cash whom are everywhere on this site. Who the fuck thought WOZ was a great idea? Not me...but again it's selling OK.
Maybe it's got awesome Lawlor gameplay for me, and stupid cell phone shit the rest of the world loves? Maybe it's a meeting ground?
You know what the dumbest thing i ever heard was? Using your phone to walk around like a fuck ass looking for Pokemon...how'd that work? Or right an Operator would never spend 9K for a game....IF it makes monies they will. What was WOZ...8K Hobbit 8.5k ish? Pretty close...those are on location.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Pokemon Go is different because every kid has a smartphone. It's a game for kids.
$9k pinball machines are not for kids. A cell phone style game won't have the same mass appeal.

I hear what you're saying, and mostly agree with you, I'm just trying to say we're always not the smartest people in the room.
I don't know if there's a big college/university in Lerado beach Ca, but I'm guessing not because you think Pokemon Go is for "kids." i wish it was.
A lot of us played pinball on location our whole lives *Vin Diesel voice* 1 quarter at a time...& we were kids. Maybe that's what they're trying to do...shit i don't know I'm just trying to think outside my own box.

#559 7 years ago

I do appreciate the fact the most annoying fucking thing people say aboot games they like that other people don;t is "They've probably never played a "dialed in" one.

Quoted from Sticky:

Where I'm at there's most families with young kids. I see the kids playing Pokemon Go.

It's EVERYWHERE...trust me I am as shocked as you are.

Quoted from Sticky:

Maybe Lawlor should have thought about using a cell phone to allow people to virtually play the table and get to the know the rules. Something useful at least...

I'm just hoping you're allowed not to use a phone for anything...because obviously I think it's dumb and don't want to do it. Like skipping the videa mode in GOT that's so bad.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Forget the damn phone. It's the dude in harry-high-pants jeans and a freaking Ralph Lauren business casual shirt smack in the middle of the field that's turning me off.

All PF can;t be as sweet looking as your ACDC pro...universally loved Angus face eh?

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha, I'll keep an old Helen decal to put over this guy. Fixed!

Exactly...so you can fix this too! Put a sticker that says "Quantum City" over the guys phone and shut the fuck up Joking no offense of course
ACDC...literally all i heard was how bad Angus' face was...now look at it everyone loves the game.
GOT...total piece of shit looking embarrassment....totally awesome game

I AGREE the prices are crazy...but If Dialed in was instead called Quantum City, if that's what got you to be happy and pay the extra monies than you're crazy anyway

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

JJP Toy Story should be epic
Muppets could go either way... original muppets have tons of great material, newer muppets are meh.

Dude in my house, my age, It's Muppet babies or bust!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.