Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#497 7 years ago

I figured I'd sleep on the reveal and give it a bit to settle in before saying anything. Well, I love WOZ and TH but this is a pretty big fail for JJP in many ways. That's a shame because I have no doubt that the layout shoots great. It really looks like a fun shooting game. You KNOW the code will be awesome. The player camera and internet capability are great (I think they are going down the path of head to head games over the internet). Cool little things like having the game automatically set at 6.5 deg with levelers all the in are nice. Game features sound cool. The theme underneath is even maybe passable if this was priced at $7500 max. But $9k?? GTFO. Then there is a laughable version at $12.5k!!! BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA! That, my friends, will be the rarest machine in existence! Who will buy that? Who is buying the $9k one? The name of the game is horrendous. Dialed In! WTF is that? We have no idea. Possibly the worst name of a game in the modern era. Whoever suggest the Quantum City name is right. Much better name and it leads you to believe you'll be traveling around the city for your missions in the game. The cell phone gimmick is also terrible. Who wants to play pinball using their phone??? I can't believe someone at JJP didn't flag this whole concept as not a good idea. Keith?? Ted?? Anyone? I guess it's what these kids are into these days...LOL! Ridiculous. Then we get to the toys. There is nothing really awesome. At least there is physical ball locks in that building thing, but Mick on a stick? Really??? C'mon Jack, why recycle a turd like that? It should have been like Drac in MB at least where you are actually hitting the toy instead of a damn target underneath!! Then it would be much better.

At $9k a machine must blow my socks off in almost every aspect for me to buy. Alien comes closest with these new releases, but fails in art and I'm not sold on the platform itself and the layout/gameplay yet.

Jack better accelerate the JJP4 schedule because this one will not sell well.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think Pat had a great run with Earthshaker, Whirlwind, Funhouse, TAF and TZ but after that I think it went down hill. NGG (Caddyshack) was good but Roadshow was pretty poor. I like Safecracker a lot but I don't think that's a theme people feel too passionate about. I guess I just expected better since it's been nearly 20 years since he's gotten the chance to do an original theme without a shoestring budget. It just seems surprising that "Magical cellphone in a Futuristic City" is the theme he's been dying to make all these years'...

RS, sir, is f@&king awesome.

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed.
Game will probably be a lot of fun to shoot, as most Lawlor pins are. But a bad theme with super annoying sounds will prevent it from ever being anywhere close to worth $9k. And the $12.5k price for the collectors edition is just downright insane.
Holy shit, the value of my McCune restored MB just went through the roof!

That's what I was thinking...LOL. My JP is surely worth $3-4K now in comparison!!

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I adore Road Show. I'd never spend $9k on Road Show.
I'd buy this game at an arcade auction for $1800 like Road Show lol ...but if operators don't buy it, we won't ever see a "cheap" Dialed In down the road.

Yes...bought mine for $2k. I'd buy Dialed In for less money all day. It looks damn fun. For $9k though, it has to be a theme that resonates with me.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Operators won't buy a $9k pinball.
I seem to remember Jack contemplating or offering some kind of lease program for operators...that could get games on location.

I dunno...this could be an awesome earner. I'll play the crap out of it if I see it in the wild. With nobody buying it the only way to play is in the wild. I bet it earns really well. Enough to pay off $9k? That's the question.

#635 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also WOZ and Hobbit are huge licensing games for which Dialed In has zero cost.

A license comes with complete stories and assets to work with (movie clips, sound, music). An original theme is MUCH more work for JJP.

#637 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's the new number? What's the real number then? Now its a joke, before it was so people could pick the number they wanted, what is it?
How do you launch your new pin as a joke? Sorry, but I am a lawyer and i ask follow up questions for a living, and was to late in doing that with Jpop.
So if its all a joke now, tell me what people are buying.
There is an old poker saying, if you are looking around the table and can't figure out who the mark is, you are it.

Does it really matter...if he says 1500, 3000, or 6999 it's basically unlimited. If that number is out then Ruby Red / Black Arrow will come out.

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

How did the games hold up over the weekend? Any issues? It seems like they were problem-free on the first day, did that continue?
Just wondering, because it seems like they might have their engineering and build process dialed in now.

I see what you did there...

#679 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Ok, I finally read all the posts.
Let's add the truth a bit now.
Jack said to owners google group that there will be a standard - all the moaning about price should die down when we see a price more like $8k like the woz and th.
It will make the prices revealed on other titles be much higher - and jjp has $300 glass and $130 shaker included.
Directly also from jack - The 6999 is for an LE # selected by buyer - its not production quantity. I think it's a deliberate jest at LE "rarity" - its the extra stuff that make it an LE not a production run number (Jack has said that many times in the past).
Jack posted all that on owners group before posts in this thread, so I hope nobody here tries to takes credit for # of LEs or a lower $ standard.
Expect jack will take reaction of expo and adjust theme and / or title - I agree, it could be done with decal changes in side art, without needing pf or code redesign - dialed in could be easily a subtitle left intact.
Only 20% coded per pat, so lots of room to shift title focus and gameplay.
Code complete in 8 months for end of 2q seems feasible, plenty of room for dialed in content to be "dialed back", and disaster fixit theme to come to foreground.
Quantum City +1 & 'the hard hats can be the Quantum Mechanics.
Gameplay seems to be thumbs up feedback in this thread and show attendees and YouTube videos. Gameplay is everything.
I'm not in on any new releases -yet. Strongly leaning toward this jjp game. Not concerned - jjp is listening and will adjust
Play will determine my decision. Pats shot map and toys seems pretty damn good. The cell phone constant ring will go away - anyone remember the never ending "the journey is the reward " ? Did that annoying thing stay in WoZ ? Nope .
Keefer, PDL and jjp wont let this game stand as is - It's got 9 months to go .
I'm optimistic on this one being a polished gem come production time.

I pretty much agree, but $8k...that's still a lot! $7500 would be my sweet spot that would likely entice me into one. $8k, I'm probably out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.