Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 7 years ago

http://www.englishbaby.com/vocab/word/10630/dialed-in

1. Definition (adj.) perfectly tuned; optimized; well-coordinated; everything is in perfect condition

Examples As the race car pulled in for a pit stop, the crew had only a few seconds to get many different things dialed in.

Examples Once I get these settings dialed in on the soundboard, we can start recording.

Examples Why don’t you come in on Saturday and get everything dialed in for our big project next week?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think I can say this now but Jack himself told me it has 9 letters in it however he was counting with his fingers when telling me this and I have no idea how his math is! Good luck with the big reveal wish I was there! lots of pics and descriptions boys! Have fun!

"Killer App" then? Killer App could still be about technology attacking humans. Based on the trademarks that is what I am now guessing is the title.

#41 7 years ago

Another possibility of theme, the game could be about computer hacking to attack a country or mankind.

Going further, how interesting would a theme of aliens hacking earth/human computer systems to start an attack?

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Perhaps this DEEP DIVE game is the answer to Stern's hopeful upcoming JAWS ? Someone claimed that a mechanical Shark toy was being produced / outsourced.. was it for Jaws ? or Perhaps "Deep Dive / JJP3" ?

I am sure there would be a lot of disappointed Jaws fans if the game was Deep Dive (with sharks). It would be like Caddyshack...errr.... I mean Tee'd Off/No Good Gofers all over again.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not at all.
I always say the best non-licensed theme is to take the most popular theme and then make it your own/ better
MM is a good example. MM = holy grail but timeless since it is just comedy based medieval.
Jaws = cool for short term but still just a movie from the 80s.
Deep Dive = nautical theme with comedy and plays off all the underwater world of fantasy.
*I dont think this is the theme, but would be fine if it was.

I am not disagreeing with all your points, but Jaws and Caddyshack have proven that they are timeless. I certainly think No Good Gofers would be a more valued game if it was based on the movie and had some of the audio and comedy from the movie. Also, MM probably could have been similarly good with Monty Python content but there is no reason to argue with "lightning in a bottle" perfection.
On the other side of the coin, something like Data East Star Wars would likely have been a totally forgotten space theme/title without the license. The license does guarantee a certain level of desirability/collectibility.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I love how milquetoast he is, he just looks like someone's dad.

He kind of reminds me of Judge Reinhold in that picture.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Jack did tell me a Title last year...its 7 letters, so Hopefully that's game 4.

Muppets for game 4?

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

is Deep Dive the real name of the game?

we don't know yet.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Presumably not. I'm betting on "Killer App", but that may be a red herring, though the tiny teaser art does seem to suggest the game will have something to do with phones.

Look, if you're not eating ass in TYOOL 2016 then you're not living.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Maybe its not a machine but rather a pinball arcade style app or a vp pinball machine..

I hope the game is a real pinball machine, not virtual.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Amusements has started taking orders today on Pat Lawlor's game.
All that is needed is a $ 250 refundable deposit to secure your spot in line by Paypal to [email protected]. Beat the 8:00 CST reveal rush - lol - don't like what you see - email us and we'll refund you immediately.
Hopefully maybe we can do a live stream of the seminar / reveal from our Facebook page tonight - depends on internet service in the hall, etc... But if you want to like our page - maybe you can see it as it happens ! : )
https://www.facebook.com/PinballSTAR/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Any questions - email Joe at [email protected]. 570-357-0042

Is the $9000 price rumor what the game will cost?

#213 7 years ago

That would be a licensed theme. Einstein has an estate that doles out licensing.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've heard two rumors...$9k to keep up with the madness that's going on...I heard another rumor that it would be in the $7k's - perhaps to knock Stern down a few pegs.
Speaking for myself, I'm not buying JJP or Stern games at $9k...but if Lawlor's game is rad and $7k-ish, I'm likely to order one.

That is the way I feel as well. I am hearing more from the $9000 rumor unfortunately.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I feel it is unlikely to be in the $7k's, because there would be a mad rush if the game was decent at that price.

But, that is the way to become the big dog. Outsell and hurt your competition.

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

Base game yes, le add 3.5k

This is the JJP thread not the Stern thread.

#243 7 years ago

Final Hobbit code release tonight

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Mamushka:

AFM 1995, Mars Attacks 1996, so Mars Attacks is actually AFM

Actually Mars Attacks was created in 1962.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Attacks

#630 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes...this is a crazy. One more important thing the $8500 Hobbit/WOZECLE price tag cannot be used as a comparison to Dialed-In, the 8.56k is the real LE loaded models on those games, the Dialed-In LE is $12,500...so let's not confuse the 9K price with those games.

Also WOZ and Hobbit are huge licensing games for which Dialed In has zero cost.

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Very strange to talk to Jack several times, Pat, and others and be here and read comments from those not here about the game, what was said, etc.
I understand it is this way...im not complaining,
Just sharing how very very different it is.

People are a whole lot more likely to say how they feel about the price-to-value ratio on a site like this or to their friends rather than directly to the designer that has no control over business choices or the company figurehead that may get defensive.

#689 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's the difference between a Standard and a premium?

Jack said the Standard would probably be no shaker, standard stainless hardware, and no Invisiglass.
The LE on this one is basically only meant to show the customer that it has all the bling and the customer can pick any available game number between 1 and 6,999 (said with a chuckle). Hopefully this is a purposeful signalling of the end of the Limited models.

I think it is great that there are no false expectations of a perceived scarcity value added limited concept with this new game. Unfortunately I also think the price is about $1500 too high to garner large sales figures.

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok so the pick your number version up to 6,999 is $9500 shipped
And the Standard is $7500 without a shaker and invisiglass and stainless trim? wow, no brainer

No price has been determined or stated publicly for the Standard.
I am sure they would sell well over a thousand at $7500 when you compare to the other NIB game prices available. I would not recommend anybody get their hopes up on the price. The manufacturers have jumped the shark on pricing.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Will someone please explain the 750 LE announcement of the newly minted Black Arrow TH edition and how that is different from the 6,999 DI LE?
Are they trying to get away from LE's or not?
Remember, I was a Woz ECLE kool aid drinker x 1000, what now?

The Black Arrow is basically a Standard edition with black trim (like Stern Premiums and Pros) and different art. It appears to be just another art package to generate interest in the base game sales.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.