Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sticky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Deep Dive is a way cooler theme and name than Dialed In...

#48 7 years ago

Someone for the love of pinball please just tell us what the name of this machine is already.

#167 7 years ago

Just tell us the damn name already!!!!!

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Dialed In!
I am most looking forward to seeing the 2 way mirror.

It's supposed to be 9 letters...

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

From Mr Pinball Australia's Facebook page. This is why I'm thinking it's a digitized app game released on/before the physical game.

That would be very cool and really how it should be these days. I tend to buy pins I can play in Pinball Arcade and learn the rules that way.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's because it's a terrible idea that would never happen.

How is it a terrible idea? It's a brilliant idea.

#314 7 years ago

Nobody in that 20+ person team told Pat maybe he is a bit out of touch and that the theme doesn't work?

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What are the 3 drones?

Stuff Lawlor threw in because he wants to seem hip. Drones are in right now right? Or is it selfies? Ah, let's do them both.

#376 7 years ago

I want to feel sorry for JJP but I can't. They're ripping people off just as badly as Stern now. This flop is deserved/earned.

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

what a cash grab. 12,500 to get it by christmas and it will also be signed. really got me me pissed off last night. especially after jack was bragging about the company being financially secure. to ask that kind of money is insulting. dont buy these special editions that are nothing special at all. vote NO with your wallets!!!

Not only that he bragged about the company being secure financially but then saying how they do it for the love of it. The love of what? Money?

I really wanted to give JJP my business and believe what Jack was trying to sell but that's all he was doing. Trying to sell us on a $12.5k pin because Lawlor's name is attached.

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

The difference this time around is that Jack can't afford to have the game 2 years away from shipping. I would not like to be Jack meeting with his investors when they see the feedback here and pre-sale orders. Speaking of investors, does it seem like both Stern and JJP went off the rails when new money came into both companies.
I have really tried not to get involved in the negative rants regarding pinball having jumped the shark and the crazy new price levels. In all honesty a figured $6-$7 was about the right price for NIB pins keeping inline with inflation from the 90's and overall drop in sales/production runs compared to those time. However going from wizard of Oz costing $6500 at launch to $9K for this game just seems more like profit taking. The sales numbers will determine which strategy works for the major manufactures I.e low run high margin, large run low margin.

Maybe this sounds crazy but with Stern and JJP in a race to milk the pinball community dry there is room for a company to come in and offer a value option.

$12.5k? If I'm plopping down $12.5k cash for something I'm likely parking it in my garage.

Maybe someone will come along who realizes gameplay is king and instead of trying cell phone gimmicks will offer pins that play great without pointless bells and whistles that inflate the cost.

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My Honda Accord was over 25K, and I park it outside. Guess what I have in my garage

Well you use your space however you want to but my point is I'd rather use over $10k cash for a downpayment on something else. Not a damn $12.5k cell phone themed pinball machine.

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure sure...but we need to start wondering whom they are selling the game to. Your game section, if accurate, means you weren't even on their radar for buying a game anyway, so they don't care aboot you. Too rich for my blood too, and i have newer Sterns, but plenty of people here have a ton of cash. Why have to sell more machines than you have to? May be what they're thinking?

Honestly, I have no idea who is buying this. It's a theme aimed at kids into cell phones, social media, selfies, etc., yet nobody that age can afford this.

Can I afford it? Yes. But I'd feel like such a tool spending over $12k on a pinball machine when I could literally have 4+ other awesome machines for that same money.

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lawlor fans & JJP fans to start with. People with TONS of disposable cash whom are everywhere on this site. Who the fuck thought WOZ was a great idea? Not me...but again it's selling OK.
Maybe it's got awesome Lawlor gameplay for me, and stupid cell phone shit the rest of the world loves? Maybe it's a meeting ground?
You know what the dumbest thing i ever heard was? Using your phone to walk around like a fuck ass looking for Pokemon...how'd that work? Or right an Operator would never spend 9K for a game....IF it makes monies they will. What was WOZ...8K Hobbit 8.5k ish? Pretty close...those are on location.

I get what you're saying but at some point they can't keep tapping that well of people who just have too much money to care. It happens almost in every hobby. I collect wine and there was a breaking point where they just priced people out of it.

Pokemon Go is different because every kid has a smartphone. It's a game for kids.

$9k pinball machines are not for kids. A cell phone style game won't have the same mass appeal.

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hear what you're saying, and mostly agree with you, I'm just trying to say we're always not the smartest people in the room.
I don't know if there's a big college/university in Lerado beach Ca, but I'm guessing not because you think Pokemon Go is for "kids." i wish it was.
A lot of us played pinball on location our whole lives *Vin Diesel voice* 1 quarter at a time...& we were kids. Maybe that's what they're trying to do...shit i don't know I'm just trying to think outside my own box.

Where I'm at there's most families with young kids. I see the kids playing Pokemon Go.

Honestly, I don't know either. We'll see what happens with this pin. I want to play it, definitely. Maybe Lawlor should have thought about using a cell phone to allow people to virtually play the table and get to the know the rules. Something useful at least...

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Lucky for us JJP owns the licenses for TOY STORY & MUPPETS and they are both in development right now.
JJP#4 TOY STORY
JJP#5 MUPPETS

So they're trying to corner the market on themes for kids? Great.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I got to play the pin last night and it plays great. According to JJP, the code is about 20% and will be complete when shipped. I'm with most people, I just don't get the name. I like that they are pushing the envelope with the phone and camera, but a cooler name would satisfy many people, especially after they got to play it.

They aren't really pushing the envelope with the cell phone though. Lawlor went about it all wrong. If you're going to use a cell phone then use the bluetooth connectivity so high scores are posted to an app/database online where everyone can see how they play against the rest of the world.

Also, use the bluetooth for streaming audio. If you hate the audio on the pin (I certainly do) then play your own music from your library. Spotify, pandora, mp3's, whatever.

You could also have the cell phone for entering in tournaments so say on saturday evening JJP hosts a virtual tournament and you get a notification to play if you chose to join the tournament.

That's the kind of stuff you should be doing to harness available technology. Not playing the physical pin from the phone which is an absolutely pointless gimmick when you have buttons for flippers right on the damn cabinet.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Online tournaments will be great. With a camera built in now it should be positioned to view the playfield also. You can review a game and make sure no location is pulling anything fast. If money is involved it will happen.
I don't see cell phone flipping in tournament mode (at least in IFPA) since I don't think you can change the game against a person who didn't bring a cell or has a dead battery. But even though cell flipping is a novelty I kind of see it. You get more points because you are giving up the ability to nudge the game.

I get what you're saying about giving up nudging but the tactile response on the cell phone is completely different and it doesn't feel like you're playing the machine. Why buy a machine to play it on your cell phone? It would be like buying a 70 inch 4k tv in order to stream in lower resolution to your cell/ipad. You already have the real thing, use it.

I guess I just see potential in the cell phone compatibility a different way than using it to play the pin. I see it more as an accessory to add to the experience in other ways.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sticky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive?tu=Sticky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.