Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
#401 7 years ago

Well that was an awkward reveal tonight but I'm sure we can all agree that Mindy the Monkey at tomorrow nights Stern party is going to really knock our socks off.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The LE model is stupid to begin and people thinking that it's an investment are ignorant. It's just different color armor. You can send your armor to a guy to get powder coated a different color if you want. Is it the little numbered plaque that makes it worth more? There's a couple local shops that could make those.
I hope manufacturers quit making LEs because it just encourages flipping and I hope customers quit buying them because it just encourages price gouging. These black arrow games don't seem like LEs at all. Just an attempt to get rid of some overstock with some color options.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Who cares what color the armor is or how many they made or is it an investment?

If a company comes out and says 1000 LE's. They have no business coming out months later with "1500 red LE's" Or use the Hobbit, same result. You cant tell someone your LE is #/500 and then release another "LE" edition after the fact. Its a horrible business model and pisses people off.

#403 7 years ago

Remove the gimmick. Change the name to quantum meltdown or whatever the city name is, not sure if it's quantum. Almost any name would be better. Is this a dream?

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, I'm gonna end my disbelief by saying this and moving out of JJP threads.
I honestly don't think you could dream up a worse THEME than this pin. The Dude holding up the cell phone? "Dialed in". Wow.
And the artwork blows btw, although i don't know what you could do with that stupid theme anyhow.

Absolutely. And like many of the previous posts said...Pat could have made a disaster combo or a Funhouse sequel and a lot would have been forgiven. BUT, a cell phone themed game? Ugh. Stomach's grumbling again. Gotta hit the head! Ahhhh!

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

We are literally slaves to them. We can be entertained by our phone, but the phone itself is not "fun." Pinball is what takes me away from the phone.

Watching that stream was a surreal experience. I was waiting for the punchline, or trying to see where they tie the story in to explain the theme better. The presentation was dreadful. Not hating, just not interested in this game.

Jesus man....no wonder you hate the phone theme...you may be looking for a Pharmacy theme.

But seriously yeah I didn;t watch the stream...still sort of lost on what the theme is but sounds like they didn't explain it well anyway.
I'm more entertained by my phone that WWE...so this isn't the worst thing I've seen.

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

owns a RS, JM, & BIG HURT

You wish you had a JM...

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

owns a RS, JM, & BIG HURT

You're going around pointing out people's fun games with crap themes, but meanwhile you almost exclusively own games with rad themes

#408 7 years ago

This is what happens when a bunch of 50 something guys get round a table and ask 'what are the kids diggin' these days ?'

Sorry Pat and Jack but one of the pleasures of pinball for me is getting AWAY from phones for a while.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You wish you had a JM...

Ha man i hate that game...I actually would say the movie is better than the game. Love me some TS...and owned/like NF...now thats a theme worse than a dude and his phone.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

but meanwhile you almost exclusively own games with rad themes

Got rid of GB quick and that's a great theme. I don;t think most people would agree on the RBION front though.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Who cares what color the armor is or how many they made or is it an investment?
If a company comes out and says 1000 LE's. They have no business coming out months later with "1500 red LE's" Or use the Hobbit, same result. You cant tell someone your LE is #/500 and then release another "LE" edition after the fact. Its a horrible business model and pisses people off.

So you're just mad they made the armor a different color. Interesting.

Having red LEs doesn't change the fact there are still a limited number of green LEs.

Unless LEs have different features, art, and/or software then you are only fooling yourself that they are actually limited.

#411 7 years ago

I've gone through 30+ pinball machines in the last 4 years, JM is the only one still here from the first year batch.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I've gone through 30+ pinball machines in the last 4 years, JM is the only one still here from the first year batch.

JM is one of my all time favorites. Once you figure out what's going on in the game... wow. It's awesome!

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

A man that loves his machine...that's all we can ask for. I remember unboxing it and playing in when it was released. Total and utter shit. Diff'rent strokes

#414 7 years ago

Wow... too much money.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered...

I really hope someone van release more affortable pins

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Diff'rent strokes

I hear ya...I paid 1500 for it. Ahhh...can you believe it? We're in a topic for a game that costs $12500. So back to Cell phone city.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So you're just mad they made the armor a different color. Interesting.
Having red LEs doesn't change the fact there are still a limited number of green LEs.
Unless LEs have different features, art, and/or software then you are only fooling yourself that they are actually limited.

Strange you pulled that response from my comment of " who cares what color the armor is"

It has nothing to do with the game itself and everything to do with the out right lying when selling. You don't tell people its limited to XXX and then create multiple other versions. I don't own a Hobbit but I really like the "black arrow" edition and id be pissed if I paid XXX and then this new/improved ( in my opinion ) version is now available.

Its bait and switch.... shit we didnt sell enough green LE's, lets make a red and limited it too, if that doesn't work, next year we will release a "yellow brick road" #/100 LE.

#417 7 years ago

Some interesting features

Features of the Game:
Original concept game design by Pat Lawlor
Original art design by John Youssi
Special plaque signed by Pat Lawlor, John Youssi, and Jersey Jack
The first-ever pinball machine to feature Bluetooth connectivity, a camera, and additional player capabilities through a smart phone
Special attract mode animation for Limited Edition
3-D interactive projected image
Illuminated cityscape back panel
Innovative swiveling LCD mount
3 flying drones
Animated robot
Moving animated target
Upper playfield ball play
Hidden trap door
Low-profile bottom arch with removable instruction card reader brackets
Multiple shot subway system
Plunger skill shot feature
Multiple ball game play
3 ball lock multi-ball play
5 magnet assemblies that enhance ball movement and game play
Owner adjustable outlane posts
Numbered (pick your favorite number, subject to availability)
Premium Clear Coated Playfield
Invisiglass
Shaker Motor
Standard size cabinet.
27" HD LCD featuring full color animation and visual integration of game features
RGB-LED Playfield lightning
5 speaker 2.1 stereo surround sound
Stereo headphone jack
More Details to follow
**Features are Subject to Change**

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I hear ya...I paid 1500 for it. Ahhh...can you believe it?

You overpaid for it. I don;t mean you personally, I'm just getting ready to type that for every new machine in the next decade

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Strange you pulled that response from my comment of " who cares what color the armor is"
It has nothing to do with the game itself and everything to do with the out right lying when selling. You don't tell people its limited to XXX and then create multiple other versions. I don't own a Hobbit but I really like the "black arrow" edition and id be pissed if I paid XXX and then this new/improved ( in my opinion ) version is now available.
Its bait and switch.... shit we didnt sell enough green LE's, lets make a red and limited it too, if that doesn't work, next year we will release a "yellow brick road" #/100 LE.

It seems you do care what color the armor is because you think black is "new/improved". My point is colored armor does not make a game limited. They may state it and you may believe it but in reality it's not true. It's the same tactic any other collectible hobby uses to get people to buy more of the exact same item.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#420 7 years ago

Where is that Jaws pin again? That theme would KILL this.
We're gonna need a bigger phone.

#421 7 years ago

I imagine it has been said already but what kills me is that this is basically a current "tech" themed game and we all know how dated "tech" looks in only a few years.

May be cool from a retro angle 25 years in the future....now excuse me as I have to get back to fording the river on the Oregon trail.....

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Amen brother, my first pin and the only one I have never sold.

#423 7 years ago

Here it comes!

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

It's all pinball people.
Pin.
Ball.
Some are good, some are great, but in the end, it's pinball

Thus guy sounds like kaneda too! Lmfao
Can we get a poll on how many people think this guy sounds just like him??

#425 7 years ago

This will be jjp's first true limited edition. I'd be surprised if they sell 100.

#426 7 years ago

Ha ha... I finally registered here to get in on this
You are all being hyper critical. Theme is only part of it. You guys do realize it is not a real phone right? It's an interactive interface. Lawler went campy and that has tended to work for him in the past.
I hope you all keep hating it so I can get it cheap the Quantum theater seems cool (wish there were better videos of it)
You are all acting like a bunch of Krusty old Klowns :p

I am thinking that the rule set and the gameplay will make this one a creeper...

Welcome to Pinside I guess

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Lawler went campy and that has tended to work for him in the past.

One problem is the art doesn't reflect this. The art seems super serious with the guy holding up the cell phone like he's on a movie poster.

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Ha ha... I finally registered here to get in on this
You are all being hyper critical. Theme is only part of it. You guys do realize it is not a real phone right? It's an interactive interface. Lawler went campy and that has tended to work for him in the past.
I hope you all keep hating it so I can get it cheap the Quantum theater seems cool (wish there were better videos of it)
You are all acting like a bunch of Krusty old Klowns :p
I am thinking that the rule set and the gameplay will make this one a creeper...
Welcome to Pinside I guess

hi Jack

#429 7 years ago

I enjoyed the ball flow on the machine tonight. Thats all I've got.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

One problem is the art doesn't reflect this. The art seems super serious with the guy holding up the cell phone like he's on a movie poster.

I think that's the young Lawlor himself.

#431 7 years ago

I do actually like the art, even more than the one of the BM66 games......but I'm also not 60+ years old and grew up with that show.
As for the theme, sure it's no catch but a name does not make a game.

I just hope the smartphone integration can be kept at a minimum level, (i.e. not required at all without loosing out on gameplay) as this would drive me off completely.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I think that's the young Lawlor himself.

Is that why they were showing pics of young Pat and Jack? Now that I think about it, it looks more like young Jack.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Some interesting features
Features of the Game:
Multiple ball game play
**Features are Subject to Change**

NO WAY! TAKE MY MONEY!

#434 7 years ago

Well, for those of us not at Expo - this reveal is one giant THUD. How's it feel in the room? Different vibe?

I don't think this theme/concept is bad....but the execution is atrocious. It reminds me of Lexi Lightspeed in the sense that DATED art direction is making something that SHOULD look modern and cool actually look MORE dated than old games!!! Also like Lexi, the theme is confusing. With Lexi, I'm like "Is this about a space adventure? Or swamps and bigfoots?" With this - "Is it about a cell phone? A city? WTF is happening?"

Why the FUUUUUCK would you make your "main character" on a 2016 game looks like something you'd see in a bad video game magazine ad in the early 90's? Boring white guy with a tucked in shirt and mom jeans...with NO EXPRESSION...holding a phone. Whaaaaaaat? This just reeks of a bunch of old guys trying to understand the present but just absolutely being stuck in the past. The only way an original theme is going to look modern on a new pin is with MODERN art direction....with exciting and memorable characters you want to play games with!

...and for those who say "give it a chance" or "you're being too critical". Look at that price. Nine-fuuuuckin'-K. Or $12.5k for the "Collectors Edition"! Sorry, these companies have crossed a line with pricing...and by crossing that line, all of us who are potential customers are going to have extremely high expectations. If I wanted a game with shitty art direction, I'd just buy a GOT Pro for $5k!

#435 7 years ago

I think this game's going to play great.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

I do actually like the art, even more than the one of the BM66 games......but I'm also not 60+ years old and grew up with that show.
As for the theme, sure it's no catch but a name does not make a game.
I just hope the smartphone integration can be kept at a minimum level, (i.e. not required at all without loosing out on gameplay) as this would drive me off completely.

The problem I have with the art is how they recycled the same pic of the guy with the cell phone on the playfield, cabinet, and backglass. Can't someone draw him in a different pose?

tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.giftumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that why they were showing pics of young Pat and Jack? Now that I think about it, it looks more like young Jack.

Well I said that cause it's supposedly tradition for Lawlor or Youssi to put likeness in the game somewhere..
Edit: maybe I'm wrong, it might be the Joystick and the red button..

http://www.flippers.be/hidden_artwork.html

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and for those who say "give it a chance" or "you're being too critical". Look at that price. Nine-fuuuuckin'-K. Or $12.5k for the "Collectors Edition"!

Hard to give it a chance if the only time anyone ever sees it is on location or at shows because it's too expensive to buy.

#439 7 years ago

90's is campy for today... I see some Taxi, Funhouse, Fish Tales, etc. inspiration in there. I think it will grow on people.
As for price... Don't pay it if you don't like it. That is how it works.
I can see why they are charging it.
Stern is knocking out machine after machine with similar jigs and wiring on each. Pop a few toys in and boom SLE..
I bet the SLE Batman costs considerably less to produce, even with licenses.
There are several things JJP could do to improve.

As for this title... Time will tell. I'd like to play it

#440 7 years ago

Oh... And pricing? Pretty sure Super Mario Bros was like $3500 back when it came out. Hell, my first Atari was like $260 in the 80's as I recall. If you want innovation it's going to take money to get there.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, for those of us not at Expo - this reveal is one giant THUD. How's it feel in the room? Different vibe?
I don't think this theme/concept is bad....but the execution is atrocious. It reminds me of Lexi Lightspeed in the sense that DATED art direction is making something that SHOULD look modern and cool actually look MORE dated than old games!!! Also like Lexi, the theme is confusing. With Lexi, I'm like "Is this about a space adventure? Or swamps and bigfoots?" With this - "Is it about a cell phone? A city? WTF is happening?"
Why the FUUUUUCK would you make your "main character" on a 2016 game looks like something you'd see in a bad video game magazine ad in the early 90's? Boring white guy with a tucked in shirt and mom jeans...with NO EXPRESSION...holding a phone. Whaaaaaaat? This just reeks of a bunch of old guys trying to understand the present but just absolutely being stuck in the past. The only way an original theme is going to look modern on a new pin is with MODERN art direction....with exciting and memorable characters you want to play games with!
...and for those who say "give it a chance" or "you're being too critical". Look at that price. Nine-fuuuuckin'-K. Or $12.5k for the "Collectors Edition"! Sorry, these companies have crossed a line with pricing...and by crossing that line, all of us who are potential customers are going to have extremely high expectations. If I wanted a game with shitty art direction, I'd just buy a GOT Pro for $5k!

KISS Pro with 70's bowling ball Red armor for $5500

#442 7 years ago

I have no real opinion about game yet you really have to play a game a few times first. But totally agree LE, SLE it's all BS anything usually sold as a collectible is Not collectible at all. It's the very odd things that happen usually by total accident that make things collectible. A super limited run may be a actual designed exception but Greed will fuck that up!! Or the next one will be 30k seeing how everyone begged to buy one.

But these prices are just to fucking high!!

I am going to new deal used pins next time!!

Oh and my repair prices just doubled!!
At least til shit gets real.

Going along with car theme. At that price it should have a parts and labor warranty of at least 2years.

And if any of you guys where on Jacks periscope being all nasty and rude you should make sure to be proud of yourselves for looking like assholes.
And remind me when your mom is on periscope showing off her cake so I can tell her how fucking terrible the old battle axe iced it.

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

half as many pinball companies in about 2 years.

Who then?

#444 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

Already posted hours ago.

That's nice. Do you not realize I was reporting directly from the reveal as it happened? Even if some details were leaked prior it's not like I can go check everything before posting...

Back to the game: went back and played it after the Alien party. It actually seemed very fun. Only got one game in so it's tough to judge of course. But the playfied is loaded. Nice flowing game when you are hitting shots, though I didn't do a good job of it in my game. There's some magnets messing with the ball around the drone area. Hologram shot. Lots more to explore.

I see his as more of a collector game than a route game. I don't see the casual player spending the time to figure out the cell phone features, and the theme won't draw them in. Neither will the backglass screen animations, which were fairly low key. Plus they have never heard of Pat.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

That's nice. Do you not realize I was reporting directly from the reveal as it happened? Even if some details were leaked prior it's not like I can go check everything before posting...
Back to the game: went back and played it after the Alien party. It actually seemed very fun. Only got one game in so it's tough to judge of course. But the playfied is loaded. Nice flowing game when you are hitting shots, though I didn't do a good job of it in my game. There's some magnets messing with the ball around the drone area. Hologram shot. Lots more to explore.
I see his as more of a collector game than a route game. I don't see the casual player spending the time to figure out the cell phone features, and the theme won't draw them in. Neither will the backglass screen animations, which were fairly low key. Plus they have never heard of Pat.

So how is the Quantum Theater? Seems cool but have not seen any good video. Is it Holographic?

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I agree and would personally avoid any LE version since standard is probably the true limited at an even lower price.

#448 7 years ago

If I was a limited edition buyer of either Stern or JJP I would be kinda of pissed. These companies are treating this group of buyers like they a bunch of assholes, seriously $3500k more for the Le dialled in , pretty much the same for the batman66 SLE and yet there is no true exclusivity or luxury to these models. These guys have lost the plot. I'm not worried about the death of pinball, if and when this new collector market crashes, any manufactures standing will be happy to drop their asking prices by $2000 or more and be begging operators to take their games. The term LE will be gone from the hobby in a couple of years, with everyone bagging on this marketing strategy these machines will no longer have that cool vibe and let's face it the only reason people purchase Le's is for the status. When that no longer rings true, even the well heeled collectors will be happy to save thousands and play the same game us the masses. It would be totally different story if these companies were actually delivering $3000 worth of upgrades and prestige.

I know this is a JJP thread but what really pisses me off is how many times have you heard Stern say the game is under the glass. If that was really true then give your Le buyers some true unique GAMEPLAY features and mechanical toys. These guys deserve so much more then you are giving them for the money they are spending.

Both the majors need to start showing consumers what they are going to be getting for all the extra money they asking wether it premium Le or super duper edition.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think this game's going to play great.

You'll have to travel to the east coast to get to play Odin. Don't see that many making it out of Jack's warehouse.

I'm gonna say 400-500 max

One thing about Jack and JJP, when TH shit storm hit a few Expo's back after that reveal, Jack listened to everybody, went back to the drawing board, and made it a much better pin.

Changes will be coming again.

#450 7 years ago

what a cash grab. 12,500 to get it by christmas and it will also be signed. really got me me pissed off last night. especially after jack was bragging about the company being financially secure. to ask that kind of money is insulting. dont buy these special editions that are nothing special at all. vote NO with your wallets!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive/page/9?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.