Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think if they redid the theme to focus more on city whatever, dropped the selfie mode, dropped the cellphone interaction, dropped the moving worker, and maybe dropped it to $8000, they'd have a decent product.
There is a lot to like. Layout looks good, colours are nice, and a standard-cab JJP game would be exciting.

I think if they had unveiled the exact same game at a price point of $7000, people would be reacting a LOT differently.

I'm holding off judgement on the game itself but at $9K+, I won't be buying one regardless of how fun it is.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

But had you waited, you could've opted for the Hobbit-SLE Black Arrow model that was also announced and sure to be the most limited. . .

Should people really be upset about that? It's just painted armor to help sell their remaining stock for the same price. Lowering the price would really tick people off.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think if they redid the theme to focus more on city whatever, dropped the selfie mode, dropped the cellphone interaction, dropped the moving worker, and maybe dropped it to $8000, they'd have a decent product.
There is a lot to like. Layout looks good, colours are nice, and a standard-cab JJP game would be exciting.

Totally agree... imagine that game without the phone and bob the builder and i think it would rock! Drop the cell phone live link and drop price to 7 and it would be something I would seriously consider buying. As it is, I look forward to playing on location if I can find it anywhere.

#354 7 years ago

IMO, with how things go around here (as a non-JJP non-Stern non-DMD collector), as soon as people see some gameplay and they start to like it, they're going to be down on their knees and there will be a major shift. (and they're not praying or begging...)

I don't think it is the best theme but I've seen this a million times on Pinside before and this trait of "jumping to conclusions and completely trashing everybody and everything" Pinside is the laughing stock of other communities, I'd say at least give it a little time.

The only thing I think will positively remain an issue is the price point, but isn't that only for the limited version?

Not saying it WON'T be bad, but if it's good you guys totally never eat your words and I've seen it with a lot of new releases. People hate it, then love it before playing it, then hate it, then love it, then hate it when there's an issue... etc. It's craziness.

#355 7 years ago

Jjp just cannot pick a decend theme....this is so wrong it makes me sick.

Another chance blown. What a waiste of time and resources.

#356 7 years ago

thanks JJP, i Just saved a lot of money.
man i can't wait to see AP's MG and houdini.

#357 7 years ago

What are the 3 drones?

#358 7 years ago

10K by x-mas, RIP.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks JJP, i Just saved a lot of money.
man i can't wait to see AP's MG and houdini.

I know, who would have thought, right?

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AFM is Mars Attacks

AFM 1995, Mars Attacks 1996, so Mars Attacks is actually AFM

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

IMO, with how things go around here (as a non-JJP non-Stern non-DMD collector), as soon as people see some gameplay and they start to like it, they're going to be down on their knees and there will be a major shift. (and they're not praying or begging...)
I don't think it is the best theme but I've seen this a million times on Pinside before and this trait of "jumping to conclusions and completely trashing everybody and everything" Pinside is the laughing stock of other communities, I'd say at least give it a little time.
The only thing I think will positively remain an issue is the price point, but isn't that only for the limited version?
Not saying it WON'T be bad, but if it's good you guys totally never eat your words and I've seen it with a lot of new releases. People hate it, then love it before playing it, then hate it, then love it, then hate it when there's an issue... etc. It's craziness.

You actually kinda nailed this one.

When I saw the pictures I honestly wasn't sure what to think. It's like kinda wtf but nothing in pinball surprises me anymore. Yeah everybody hates it today but tomorrow? Who the hell knows. As far as I'm concerned anybody paying over old stern premium money for new games is insane anyway

$8000? $9000 ? 12000? $15000?

You can buy a game of thrones for $5000. Why would anybody consider any of these other ridiculous options with something like that just sitting out there?

This shit will all sort itself out. The only thing I'm sure of is we will have about half as many pinball companies in about 2 years.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Should people really be upset about that? It's just painted armor to help sell their remaining stock for the same price. Lowering the price would really tick people off.

Yes they should. Its total garbage. WHAT if they sell only 500 "black arrow" games? then its actually a rare product. THEN what? "green arrow" limited to 250 because that's all we have left??

Its a poor business model and does nothing but piss people off. As for this new release, they wont sell 5000, let alone 6,999 and then what? "We have 2000 games left, I know, new release, limited edition, Samsung 7, black model" -$10K

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

But had you waited, you could've opted for the Hobbit-SLE Black Arrow model that was also announced and sure to be the most limited. . .

Exactly, its a kick to the groin approach.

#365 7 years ago

Well I did see it $9k for a base model and $12.5k for a LE. That is just completely insane pricing for a pinball machine! Especially when the economy is on very shaky ground. This one might be the end of JJP and really implode the whole market for pinball collecting!

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

10K by x-mas, RIP.

Lol....this made me laugh, you realize this old joke is now an insult for the first time ever. Crazy ass times we live in...

#367 7 years ago

Glad I decided to pass on going to the reveal. Sound like they have created their own Galaxy Note 7!

#368 7 years ago

I'd love Jack to explain why any location is going to pay 9K for this... What, so a handful of pinheads will pump $600 in it over a few months.

What's the draw. A cell phone?

Hell... most people walking up to a pinball machine don't even know where the start button is (kids that come over to our house hit the start repeatedly and have 3 player games going without ANY idea). Now you want these non-pinheads/casual players to figure out how to integrate their own phone into the game???

Seriously.

Pinball needs to take a step back if it is going to appeal to the general population and make money.

You know what game has generated some of the most fun in my game room (with groups of casual players)?

Black Hole.

Easy to explain. A few lights and sounds. A cool gimmick.

End of story.

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What are the 3 drones?

Stuff Lawlor threw in because he wants to seem hip. Drones are in right now right? Or is it selfies? Ah, let's do them both.

#370 7 years ago

You never know till you play it. My favorite part is hearing how stupid this them is and then looking at people's collection.

There is serious shit talking in here from people that own games like hook, SWE1, Transformers movie etc...these are all horrible or beyond horrible themes. But they like them...you never know.

#371 7 years ago

Agree with most, the game title is a bit weak, cell phone seems dated but shit the game looks pretty damn fun from what I see from the video. Is it a 9k plus pin...don't know...maybe! Can't wait to play it and see! Pat, congrats, Jack and JJP congrats...and to all of the other new game announcements at expo, Stern, Highway Pinball THANK YOU!!! On a high and I'm watching everything from home on my cell phone!

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Its a poor business model and does nothing but piss people off. As for this new release, they wont sell 5000, let alone 6,999

Yeah...how can you use the handle "LE" when you plan on selling 6999 of them, who does that? He must take us for fools. If I had bought a WOZ LE or Hobbit LE and this guy comes along and sells the Ruby Red or Black Arrow edition I'd feel like I was ripped off. WTF. LE means Limited! You can't keep making different model LEs.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That would be a licensed theme. Einstein has an estate that doles out licensing.

Or I gave you the name of the main mode start toy and exact prices of the games.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

9k for LE
250 refundable deposit
Collector edition with unique toys, not limited except by date (end of year), 12,500.

Already posted hours ago.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can buy a game of thrones for $5000. Why would anybody consider any of these other ridiculous options with something like that just sitting out there?

I actually had this very thought about 15 minutes ago. It's Stern Pros for me from here on out and GOT Pro is likely just as fun as any of these "greed" edition pins. I may be interested in a non le Alien once they are available. That pin actually looks like it may be worth the money.

As for Dialed in I have no doubt it will be fun to play but that theme makes Roadshow look stellar in comparison. I hope this puts an end to unlicensed themes for good. He should have done a theme like Muppet Show which could have been incredible instead of making a pin about a magical cellphone.

#376 7 years ago

I want to feel sorry for JJP but I can't. They're ripping people off just as badly as Stern now. This flop is deserved/earned.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

He should have done a theme like Muppet Show which could have been incredible instead of making a pin about a magical cellphone.

Magical cellphone at least has magic involved so maybe something surprising. You own a JM & TS, have you ever actually seen these movies? Because they are embarrassingly bad, and not a good theme at all; yet they're fun (well TS is anyway)

#378 7 years ago

Terrible. Just terrible looking. It makes Roadshow look like a work of art. I mean...it's a freaking cell phone'd themed pinball?? WTF? The art is, well, terrible. There's a cell phone on the playfield. Ugh. I look at my cell phone every freaking (I'm avoiding the word "fuck") day. I DO NOT want to see it EVER in a pinball machine. Now I don't have the moolah to buy this mess anyway but, ugh, Pat, ugh, THIS is what you came up with? Even if it's a tie-in with a mobile app, you DON'T have to theme it that way. Man oh man. We got Stern with their overpriced, but good lookin', SUPER LE Batman and we got Highway with their OH SO SEGA lookin' Alien game and, now, we got JJP with....a cell phone themed game. Time to poop. Not just a normal poop. But a messy one. Lots O liquid. Ugh. Expo 2016.

#379 7 years ago

Am here and played it.
Is it fun? Yes
Am I going to buy one? Hell no

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...how can you use the handle "LE" when you plan on selling 6999 of them, who does that? He must take us for fools. If I had bought a WOZ LE or Hobbit LE and this guy comes along and sells the Ruby Red or Black Arrow edition I'd feel like I was ripped off. WTF. LE means Limited! You can't keep making different model LEs.

These guys are F ing amazing. Stern with the TWD "no premium" and going from 30 to 80 on the SLE and JJP adding on every other "LE" he can possibly think of to bilk people AFTER the fact.

I mean if you bought the original Hobbit, Smaug gold, silver or platinum or whatever else it was and then he comes out with ANOTHER Hobbit version that you might really like but are stuck with the older look.

Way to F the early adopters Jack.

I really thought he was going to say ok, joke is over, its not 6,999 LE's, that's the price.

I will be done with all of these guys for quite some time now after Batman and Alien (if reviews are good)

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Gary Stern is poppin' bottles 2night

He's like a GOD right now. I didn't see that coming.

#382 7 years ago

It's all pinball people.
Pin.
Ball.
Some are good, some are great, but in the end, it's pinball

#383 7 years ago

i wouldn't even buy it at 5k.
the phone could call a pizza and a hooker... don't care.

#384 7 years ago

Does this game remind everyone of another genius that returned to his wheelhouse after a number of years?

Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpgPhantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol....this made me laugh, you realize this old joke is now an insult for the first time ever. Crazy ass times we live in...

Yep and after today's events Aerosmith isn't sounding so bad after all.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Mamushka:

AFM 1995, Mars Attacks 1996, so Mars Attacks is actually AFM

Actually Mars Attacks was created in 1962.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Attacks

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does this game remind everyone of another genius that returned to his wheelhouse after a number of years?

owns a RS, JM, & BIG HURT

#388 7 years ago

Is there a video somewhere of the game?

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Yes they should. Its total garbage. WHAT if they sell only 500 "black arrow" games? then its actually a rare product. THEN what? "green arrow" limited to 250 because that's all we have left??
Its a poor business model and does nothing but piss people off. As for this new release, they wont sell 5000, let alone 6,999 and then what? "We have 2000 games left, I know, new release, limited edition, Samsung 7, black model" -$10K

The LE model is stupid to begin and people thinking that it's an investment are ignorant. It's just different color armor. You can send your armor to a guy to get powder coated a different color if you want. Is it the little numbered plaque that makes it worth more? There's a couple local shops that could make those.

I hope manufacturers quit making LEs because it just encourages flipping and I hope customers quit buying them because it just encourages price gouging. These black arrow games don't seem like LEs at all. Just an attempt to get rid of some overstock with some color options.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Magical cellphone at least has magic involved so maybe something surprising. You own a JM & TS, have you ever actually seen these movies? Because they are embarrassingly bad, and not a good theme at all; yet they're fun (well TS is anyway)

I agree with you there. Both movies are pretty bad (JM is the worse of the 2) but I didn't pay anywhere near $9k for either of them. I can overlook a bad theme if the gameplay is great and the price is low. I have a feeling the gameplay will be great on Dialed In, but for me to justify that kind of price I think the theme, artwork, sounds, have all got to be exceptional. Dialed in feels like a modern day Roadshow for me. I actually like that game quite a bit but the theme and sounds are terrible. If Dialed in were $6500 I'd probably buy it just because it's a loaded and brand new Lawlor game but I just feel like he blew it on this one. He could have gone the safe route and did a disaster theme or a Funhouse sequel but he Dialed it in on this one.

#393 7 years ago

DONT FLIP (resized).jpgDONT FLIP (resized).jpg

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Me too, but is the location looking forward to dropping $9K for an unlicensed (read: poor earning) pin?

We can hope

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

It's all pinball people.
Pin.
Ball.
Some are good, some are great, but in the end, it's pinball

True... Whether you like the game or not, let's not forget the words of Rudy: "Hey, it's only pinball!"

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

and

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:Deleted post

I feel ya there. This game is going to cost me a couple bucks to play on location, because I agree the prices are recocuckulus....but it's gonna sell. People are throwing crazy monies down these days.

As I said above, just horrible themes, but you like the games and that's what's important.

#399 7 years ago

Ok, I'm gonna end my disbelief by saying this and moving out of JJP threads.

I honestly don't think you could dream up a worse THEME than this pin. The Dude holding up the cell phone? "Dialed in". Wow.

And the artwork blows btw, although i don't know what you could do with that stupid theme anyhow.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's no game you can point to that makes a game about a cell phone ok. I'm already salty this week, after having to change my Note 7 (again) and now switch to another phone. Cell phones are tools. It's our conduit to the world. We are literally slaves to them. We can be entertained by our phone, but the phone itself is not "fun." Pinball is what takes me away from the phone.

Watching that stream was a surreal experience. I was waiting for the punchline, or trying to see where they tie the story in to explain the theme better. The presentation was dreadful. Not hating, just not interested in this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.