Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 7 years ago

Game based on an original comic book. Handing out copies.

#252 7 years ago

handing out comic books

#253 7 years ago

Dialed In

#255 7 years ago

Oh, that theme....

#256 7 years ago

looks so lame...

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

The name of the pin won't be dialed in. No way possible.

I was 100% wrong (which is often) and I don't want to be disrespectful to Pat, but I don't like that name AT ALL.

However I've been wanting an original theme for a long time so I'm going to wait until I actually give it a shot.

#258 7 years ago

Hard to cover everything but they just showed where the cell phone in the game can take your picture - "selfie mode".

Connection point on the apron for your cell phone. Connects to your phone and when you get to multiball you can then get rhe game on your phone and it unlocks extra game features.

#259 7 years ago

The phone actually drives the game flipper.

#260 7 years ago

Worst. Theme. Ever.

#261 7 years ago

I have to play it, but wow....just wow.....

The silence from that crowd was deafening....

#263 7 years ago

9k for LE

250 refundable deposit

Collector edition with unique toys, not limited except by date (end of year), 12,500.

#265 7 years ago

they are getting laughed at... 12.5k for that thing?

#266 7 years ago

12.5K...wow. He just made the same mistake Stern did with BM66...Houdini will kill.

#267 7 years ago

At least it's got Mick Jagger.

#268 7 years ago

Closes wallet...

#269 7 years ago

I'm now relying on American/JPop to release a game I want to buy?

#270 7 years ago

Oh man.....thats all I can say, not in a good way either.

#271 7 years ago

Off to alien party. Quick reaction is I want to play it for sure but the cell things seem gimmicky and not sure they will bring in the money on location. Probably better for collector in that regard.

#272 7 years ago

I LOVE that it is standard size and not a wide body

#273 7 years ago

I feel really bad for Jack and Pat. They don't know what's about to happen.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

If they can pull it off at $7k it may be so.

How did we go from LE's just 2-3 years ago at $7K to now $12.5K. Operators cannot/will not afford it, and the hobbiest elite might tolerate it. Now where does it go? The new $4k Stern Home version?

Pinball will not be able to sustain these prices.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

If they can pull it off at $7k it may be so.

How did we go from LE's just 2-3 years ago at $7K to now $12.5K. Operators cannot/will not afford it, and the hobbiest elite might tolerate it. Now where does it go? The new $4k Stern Home version?

Pinball will not be able to sustain these prices.

#276 7 years ago

Oh, this is TURRIBLE. I'm not listening to a damn phone ringing on my pin every time I have to lock a ball and I'm damn sure not leaving my 850 buck phone on a 9000 buck game to fumble it and break the screen just to NOT USE THE FLIPPER BUTTONS ON A NINE THOUSAND DOLLAR PINBALL MACHINE.

#277 7 years ago

this sucks. one of the main reasons i got into pinball was because i am sick of this world being constantly glued to a screen. a board painted with vibrant artwork and living mechanisms was the main draw for me. this is the antithesis of why i play pinball. Its essentially a video game about being on your phone.

#278 7 years ago

Honestly I think it looks pretty sweet so far. I think the theme is more comic book and not just cell phone. Maybe I'm wrong and will be disappointed. I wouldn't pay that much for a pinball machine anyway so what's my opinion matter anyway

#279 7 years ago

I think I read a joke post about a cell phone themed pin when we were all predicting what it would be...

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Oh man.....thats all I can say, not in a good way either.

#281 7 years ago

Anyone get the feeling this is like the car Homer designed on the Simpsons?

#282 7 years ago

I'm speechless and I feel bad for their team right now. I'm sure the game will be fun to play, just don't understand the thinking behind the cellphone theme and all the work put into playing from a cell phone. If I wanted to do that, I'd stay home and play Pinball arcade...I was really hoping this was the theme for me ...bummer

On the plus side, the playfield is absolutely packed with toys

#283 7 years ago

This might be a fun pin to play on site somewhere but I don't see it doing well in the collectors market, it looks like it would be right at home at a Chuck'E'Cheese, BM66 just got a whole lot better looking and Aliens while always the best of the current themes retains that position, the cell phone on the playfield with the lights around it looks like it belongs to an 11 year girl and the rest an 11 year boy.

#285 7 years ago

i'm genuinely sad for JJP, you guys are about to wolfpack them

#286 7 years ago

I think I'm going to be sick.

#287 7 years ago

I just saw the promo video for Alien....if this is was in a standard cab it would be the one to buy. Yes it's 8.5k but it has some immersive game play.

#288 7 years ago

so this is JJP's version of the rolling stones?

#289 7 years ago

watched to periscope. man that phone ringing on the game drove me crazy I would smash it with a sledge hammer. the room was silent and most of the people left without even playing it!! just what I always wanted a pin I can play while sitting on the shitter!

#291 7 years ago

Great. Another game aimed squarely at the "math professors in New Jersey" market.

#292 7 years ago

I think the theme is garbage, BUT the playfield art looks nice and the gameplay footage This flippin podcast posted on facebook looks kinda fun. I dont think this is a total tank. That price though....

#293 7 years ago

I'm into pinball because of Pat Lawlor and his early efforts. I consider myself a big fan of both Pat and Jersey Jack and what he/they represent as a company and the games they build are really special in my opinion.

To say that I'm a little underwhelmed or disappointed, sigh.

I am open to the theme, I think it could be okay. I'm surprised it wasn't DEEP DIVE of some sea adventure, or Haunted Carnival, or something along those lines, the cell phone thing to me is eh. BUT maybe the game is fun?

However, I can't help but think of the greed that has run rampant within this hobby. Stern today with their ridiculous price increases, going from full featured pros, to le's and premiums only a few years ago. Talks of getting rid of the pros altogether- Now a 9k starting price for Dialed in.

They talked about their roots and the reveal had a throwback tone to it, talking about children playing, women playing, family. Since when has pinball become a game for only the super rich? It was a game we all started off putting a quarter or two in, to now having to pay nearly ten grand for the luxury of having one in our home. I was totally on board with this and open to it, if it was $250 down at 7k. That is somehow feasible. Not 9k.

I totally understand having to run a company and the need for some increases, but this has gone too far. It feels almost like a slap in the face to both the loyal fan base and the players. That goes for Stern too, shame on your stripped down games at high prices with dollar store toys.
There is nobody that bleeds silver ball more than me and I'm saying I'm out on the war against pins.

A gift from the elves, the Hobbit code is now complete, so that's where I will be.

#294 7 years ago

Christ people, you know nothing about the game and are already trashing it. Whine and bitch about wanting an original theme and then don't give it at least a half hour before you are trashing it.

#295 7 years ago

this is a miss.

rolling stones was bad, didn't sell a lot.
Big Buck Hunter was bad, didn't sell a lot.

i mean, i don't get it, nobody said anything? like, hey i think the piece of plastic going left to right is not a good idea.
and a phone theme, like there is not enough people with no life looking at their phone every 30 secondes, now this.
sorry but this is a miss, a big one.

if AP's houdini looks and play great they'll have the market and at 7k it's a sure shot.

#296 7 years ago

The reverb has Pinside reaching maximum overload....

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I feel really bad for Jack and Pat. They don't know what's about to happen.

I wonder what kind of market research was done on this one? Why did they think that this type of theme would work on a pin?

Lawlor said during his presentation something to the effect of "I noticed that one thing you guys really LOVE in pinball are pins based on comics, and this one is based on the comic "Dialed In!" Then he says everyone gets a free comic book that the pin was based on.

What?

The sounds that I heard were terribly annoying.

Epic Fail.

At least I got a Hobbit update out of this Dialed In reveal.

#298 7 years ago

IMG_0127 (resized).JPGIMG_0127 (resized).JPG

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I think the theme is garbage, BUT the playfield art looks nice and the gameplay footage This flippin podcast posted on facebook looks kinda fun. I dont think this is a total tank. That price though....

Totally agree it's not going to tank but you'd think it would be a slam dunk theme and game for that kind of money. It's the same issue with the BM66, how much? For what?

#300 7 years ago

I hear it takes a lot of effort to get a TZ "Dialed In." I think I'll keep the TZ.

20161013_214241 (resized).jpg20161013_214241 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.