Topic Stats

• 759 posts
  • 249 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by colonel_caverne
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Priced out (resized).jpg
28 (resized).jpg
IMG_2413.JPG
IMG_1431 (resized).JPG
72456704 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Burgundy (resized).jpg
Batman (resized).jpg
Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg

There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.
#151 3 years ago

Deep Dive ...refers to skill shot that goes under playfield from shooter lane, play video, it's a whole thing....

#152 3 years ago

Deep Dive is what I'd do to Jersey Jack himself to find out what this pin is.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Deep Dive is what I'd do to Jersey Jack himself to find out what this pin is.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

is Deep Dive the real name of the game?

we don't know yet.

#156 3 years ago

Presumably not. I'm betting on "Killer App", but that may be a red herring, though the tiny teaser art does seem to suggest the game will have something to do with phones.

Look, if you're not eating ass in TYOOL 2016 then you're not living.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Well, that isn't exactly the surprise I was expecting to see in the JJP #3 reveal thread. Live and learn!

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Presumably not. I'm betting on "Killer App", but that may be a red herring, though the tiny teaser art does seem to suggest the game will have something to do with phones.

#159 3 years ago

18 hours to reveal. This is going to cost me money.

#160 3 years ago

Will there be a livestream? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Hope some photos and video come out soon after the announcement!

#161 3 years ago

Deep Dive? Sounds like we are finally getting "Das Boot the Pinball Adventure". I can't wait to wasserboom all those damn Tommies.

#162 3 years ago

If it's a standard cabinet and not widebody will it cost less than their widebody pins?

#163 3 years ago

Interestingly the leaked email that was taken off pinside was dated 29th Oct 2015 and at that point the game was called Dialed In.

So far, this is the favorite title by a mile.

#164 3 years ago

Guys, "deep dive" as a term has got nothing to do with the title of the pinball machine .

It's a more or less common term (on my job) for a session where you literally dissect and analyze something. In our specific context deep dive means that Jersey Jack will show us all the features and tell us all the details regarding to #3.

Sorry 4 being a smartass

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Guys, "deep dive" as a term has got nothing to do with the title of the pinball machine .
It's a more or less common term (on my job) for a session where you literally dissect and analyze something. In our specific context deep dive means that Jersey Jack will show us all the features and tell us all the details regarding to #3.
Sorry 4 being a smartass

Excellent, so what you're saying is..JJP is going to show us all the features and tell us all the details of their new pinball machine, "Deep Dive"? Can't wait!!

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If it is 'mobile phone' based I am a bit worried. What if 20 years down the road we want to play it, but mobile have been replaced with some other tech - or mobile interface - that will make the game obsolete or not work right down the road. I can play MB 15 years ago and 15 years from now. No issues.
So basing it on mobile tech will reduce the long term viability of the game.
"This is our concern dude"

It's probably just an operator assist, not an actual game function unless it's something to do with scores which that part wouldn't matter anyways if it disappeared in 30 (or 15) years. Nothing would "rely" on them, I'm more than sure.

Kind of like using a TV without the remote. The app probably just lets you check how much you're earning at the local bar while you sit at your couch at home... but you'll still be able to check the same thing(s) at the machine itself without ANY phone involved.

That must be how it is.

#167 3 years ago

Just tell us the damn name already!!!!!

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Just tell us the damn name already!!!!!

Dialed In!

I am most looking forward to seeing the 2 way mirror.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Dialed In!
I am most looking forward to seeing the 2 way mirror.

It's supposed to be 9 letters...

#170 3 years ago

I'm so excited my head could explode!!! I want seeeeee what they made! What is JJP #3? I wana seeeeeeeee

#171 3 years ago

"Nine Letters"

I like it.

#172 3 years ago

12 hours to go

#173 3 years ago

One possibility I haven't seen floated is that the game could be released as a digitized app game on or before the physical release. This could get people excited to play/buy the real thing, learn the rules, etc.

#174 3 years ago

I wonder if the game itself is a cell phone? Perhaps the playfield resembles a smart phone?

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I wonder if the game itself is a cell phone? Perhaps the playfield resembles a smart phone?

Like you are inside the phone?
Apparently it has robotic arm so don't know how that would come into play.

#176 3 years ago

From Mr Pinball Australia's Facebook page. This is why I'm thinking it's a digitized app game released on/before the physical game.

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Interestingly the leaked email that was taken off pinside was dated 29th Oct 2015 and at that point the game was called Dialed In.
So far, this is the favorite title by a mile.

HEY?!

Maybe instead of money or tokens,you can pay with your phone credits when you dial in / call the machine.
That must be what it's about ?!

#178 3 years ago

I find it nothing short of fascinating that there hasn't been a solid leak of this game over the past several years. Hats off to JJP for keeping things the way they are.

They hype around this reveal is also amazing.

Right now they own the floor going into expo. I hope they can live up to the hype!

Crossing fingers they can. Very excited about JJP #3. I have always been a Lawlor fan too.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

It's supposed to be 9 letters...

or is 9 for $9k?

#181 3 years ago

stop calling it Deep Dive... It it not that!

#182 3 years ago

Maybe it's not fire... The image from the teaser insert also looks like water splashing up , like a structure breaching the surface of the water.

IMG_6721 (resized).PNG

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

If it's a standard cabinet and not widebody will it cost less than their widebody pins?

According to Stern, standard cab pins cost more to build...

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

From Mr Pinball Australia's Facebook page. This is why I'm thinking it's a digitized app game released on/before the physical game.

That would be very cool and really how it should be these days. I tend to buy pins I can play in Pinball Arcade and learn the rules that way.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

stop calling it Deep Dive... It it not that!

I can only assume they are hanging onto that name as a joke

#186 3 years ago

IMG_6727 (resized).JPG

#187 3 years ago

I think I figured it out "Deep Dive" is really code for the new "Finding Nemo Pinball Machine"!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 8.41.10 AM (resized).png

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

According to Stern, standard cab pins cost more to build...

That made me laugh

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I think I figured it out "Deep Dive" is really code for the new "Finding Nemo Pinball Machine"!!!!

Speaking of Disney..I'm sure at some point Stern (likely) or JJP etc etc will make Disney's "Toy Story: A Pinball Story"... another movie is coming out soon they can tie in with that. Game would have lots of potential... I see that being a home run.

Disney is investing lots of money in the parks dedicating a section to Toy Story. I saw a preview of the "Slinky Dog rollercoaster concept" for Toy Story Land...

Apparently 2018 the movie comes out... http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1979376/

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

One possibility I haven't seen floated is that the game could be released as a digitized app game on or before the physical release. This could get people excited to play/buy the real thing, learn the rules, etc.

That's because it's a terrible idea that would never happen.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Maybe it's not fire... The image from the teaser insert also looks like water splashing up , like a structure breaching the surface of the water.

For me it Looks like a M4A4 Sherman tank or similar (a moving vehicle with a gun). And the splash looks like an explosion.

"War Games" <--- 8 letters + Blank = 9

#192 3 years ago

....Do you want to play a game?

#193 3 years ago

I still want to see Pinball: The Pinball.

Weak flipper mode like the WOZ Crystal Ball mode, but in PINBALL you have to hit shots to get the different parts of a flipper rebuild kit. Hit the scoop to collect the coil sleeve!

Code Update mode: totally new rules!

Advance through your local league all the way to the PAPA A finals in the Wizard mode, where you compete against Bowen, Elwin, the Sharpes, etc for the big prize.

#194 3 years ago

Really, Really want this to be "Alice in wonderland" . The potential of that unlicensed theme would be amazing!

#195 3 years ago

I really should have gone to expo this year, missing out on so much!

#196 3 years ago

Back On my way home i had these nine letters in my mind if i combinate the phone and the tank:

Invasion!

#197 3 years ago

Anyone know if someone will be streaming this live tonight, on Twitch or some other service?

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's because it's a terrible idea that would never happen.

How is it a terrible idea? It's a brilliant idea.

#199 3 years ago

I have heard this asked already. but is anyone planning to live stream this?

#200 3 years ago

Not sure why Jersey Jack Pinball isn't planning and organizing there on web-cast of Reveal. Missing some marketing opportunity here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside