Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
#701 7 years ago

Somewhere on pinside, did someone say that DI will be able to spit out redemption tickets?

If so, how does this price compare to new redemption ticket games at places like Dave and Busters? I think $9000 may be in the ballpark or cheaper....

Could this be an attempt to get true pinball (not ICE Flintstones) into large gaming centers? Could this give pinheads something to actually play and enjoy using card credits at Dave and Busters type places? Could this game actually take pinball to the Millennials???

Something to chew on....has JJP outsmarted us all?

#702 7 years ago

I would sure hope they add pindemption support to it, but I don't think anything has been announced yet... seems to have even more features that would play well in the redemption market. The lottery ticket thing seems tailor made for that.... "scratch the ticket to win up to 100 tickets!"... "you have won 1 ticket"...

Regardless, put one of these in a D&B and that is where ALL of my card would end up going, whether or not ir gave me tickets.

#703 7 years ago

I think DI looks awesome and I can't wait to play it, despite the goofiness of the theme. I hear people saying JJP should retheme it altogether.

Well, on that "Note", why not make it about ET being unable to phone home because his Samsung Galaxy Note S7 is a spontaneously combustible device! Combine the 80s icon with explosive 21st century technological problems! It's a blend of sci-fi, comedy and fiery busy signals!

ET can NOT phone home!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#704 7 years ago

What I find funny about all this: JJP says 6999 and I will sell them all. How long would it take them to make them ???

On the other hand Stern says: limited = limited so 80 SLE and 240 LE. While they can build those numbers in what ? two weeks ?

So the company who is strugling to fulfill his orders from 2013 wants to make thousands and the company that can just pump them out does stick to the fact that limited should mean limited.

Can't make this stuff up.

#705 7 years ago

I just can't see spending that much for a new machine, but I might buy a used machine in a few years.

I played one ball at Expo, and put up over 300K score.

72456704 (resized).jpg72456704 (resized).jpg

IMG_1431 (resized).JPGIMG_1431 (resized).JPG

#706 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The whole non answer thing on the PF is a very stupid, stupid, stupid thing to do
If you don't understand the idea of COMMUNICATION with your die hard customers, pretty soon you won't have them anymore, especially at these prices, am i right?

As far as I am concerned, you are 100% correct!

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

I just can't see spending that much for a new machine, but I might buy a used machine in a few years.
I played one ball at Expo, and put up over 300K score.

Incorrect use of meme

#708 7 years ago

The lottery ticket is not physical, as in coming out of the game. It's an award on the screen.

The confusion you are having Ice, is they didn't
have a set amount of LE or price, etc.
Pre done, written in stone.
You and others want answers and they haven't
decided yet.
JJP and Stern have had a great deal
of "positioning" that went on
Ftee Pizza when the other company
launched, and so much more.
It was an adult school yard brawl.

But everyone saw differently at the show.
Guys focused on tournament, others, on party mode, focused only on Aliens, standing in front of 3 batmans, dying to play, and drooling more puddles than Taro.
Batman was announced long ago, games revealed, but a failure to have it ready to play
Alien had announced years ago, and showed a game with some bugs that were proto.
JJP unveiled a secret game, with
everyone's imagination, and provided
5 stunning almost flawless games, but
didn't finish seminar, pricing and marketing.

That's all that happened.
I likely wodnt be any different if I didn't go,
to the extra and more often erroneous
posts on games on pinside.

How could anyone know?

JJP is simply not for you because
you want finite limited numbers,
and they won't do that, because they
change a few things, and make more
"Limited" Editions.

That's the whole story.

But a game sight unseen, give lots
of money, unveil....but human effort
did not get it ready.
Get the game ready, then take money,
But you can play the game BEFORE
you give money.
Or Alien that did it in between.

Nothing was perfect to what everyone
"Wants".

Another example of why I'm happy I
retired.....its just Pinball!

Oh, and Dialed in is still a blast.
No number plaque required.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Somewhere on pinside, did someone say that DI will be able to spit out redemption tickets?

As Art said the Ticket is a virtual lottery ticket. Just to clarify a scratch-off ticket. And you have a limited about of time to get control of the ball, reach a hand up in the air and pretend to scratch the ticket. The built in camera detects this motion.

As an arm chair quarterback who did not attend the Expo I must admit I have taken a mental 180 from the initial reports after the reveal. I think I have to remake my Hitler Reacts MEME. The first thing that made me rethink was a comment that we keep asking for original unlicensed theme and when we get it we flip out that is not something we wanted.

Remember the art changes to the Hobbit playfield? It is very possible for a change of title and artwork. Jack listens and hopefully Pat will also. If the game itself is a strong foundation and software in initial phases this can come a long way. Also the talk of price changes will go a long way.

#710 7 years ago

After a dozen games, the art and title grow on you and are fine.
From pictures, I agree, could look better.
Playing it, it disappears imo.
So much else to focus on.

Couldn't hurt to make it better, but then it may cost more!

#711 7 years ago

My main art criticism (from watching videos, anyways) is the overall blahness of the Sim City newscast presentation. I wish it had as much color as the playfield, but that's probably something that can be...uh...dialed in.

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If so, how does this price compare to new redemption ticket games at places like Dave and Busters? I think $9000 may be in the ballpark or cheaper....
Could this be an attempt to get true pinball (not ICE Flintstones) into large gaming centers? Could this give pinheads something to actually play and enjoy using card credits at Dave and Busters type places? Could this game actually take pinball to the Millennials???

You're more likely to snag Generation Z than Millennials, who're at barcades playing Monster Bash and drinking IPAs.

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

the only complaint heard anywhere at the show was price.
Nothing I heard about name, phone rings, etc.

Here's my perspective, and why I haven't spoken up...

Quoted from Razorbak86:

I think your perception about "the facts" surrounding current sentiment about Dialed In may be a little distorted.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I was at EXPO all day and night on both Thursday and Friday, and I attended both the initial reveal and the "Deep Dive" presentation the next day. At the end of the Deep Dive, Pat specifically asked the crowd, "If you like what you see, tell all of your friends. If you DON'T like what you see, tell US." So there has (understandably) been a lot of evangelizing going on in the last 24-48 hours by supportive customers and JJP distributors attempting to reverse some of the damage from the initial reveal.
I was also at the reveal, sitting directly behind Joe from NewStar, and as soon as the comic was distributed and I read through it, I could tell this pin was not for me. Almost everything from the early leak many months ago turned out to be true. I almost walked out mid-presentation, like several people did, but I waited until the end, out of simple courtesy to the others packed in so closely around me. By the time the presentation was over, my initial reaction had only solidified. I left the seminar room without even playing one of the games, as did probably 2/3 of the audience.
I'm sure many of those who left the reveal without playing the game, including me, did finally play the game later in the vendor hall, and i will freely admit that it DOES shoot well -- no surprise there, for a Lawlor design -- but it's still not something I will ever own.
Pricing is not the biggest issue for me, because I'm not that price sensitive, and I know that pricing can be easily changed. Unfortunately, the pin's overall design contains too many core elements that are a real turnoff to me: e.g., the cell phone on the playfield, with it's SUPER-annoying ring tone, the "selfie" photos spamming all over the screen, the Mick-on-a-Stick electric company worker, the lady wearing coveralls, the SimCity visuals, the art package, callouts, and sound design, the gimmicky, remote flipper controls.
Unfortunately, the biggest deterrent to me, which is no doubt purely visceral, is that the central theme revolves around a magical, prototype cell phone, made by Dialed In Electronics, a corporation in Quantum City. This prototype cell phone has mistakenly fallen into the player's hands, and it functions as a primary element through which the game communicates with the player.
I do not want ANYTHING to do with that... Period.
I haven't posted anything about this publicly, or mentioned it to Pat's design team, because I honestly don't think the design can be changed significantly enough at this late stage, without completely scrapping it, to be even REMOTELY palatable to me. I play pinball as an escape, and the very last thing I want to hear ringing, actively listen to, or interact with, in a pinball game, is a cell phone. The selfie photos, gesture-controlled lotto tickets, and remote flipper controls only further alienate me as a potential customer. JMHO.
The above views have already been beaten like a dead horse by others on Pinside, and most of the current discussion about this subject seems to be occurring in threads populated by ardent supporters intent on evangelizing the rest of us, so I've simply chosen not to post about the subject. Nevertheless, I'm not an undecided voter on this issue. I've already made my decision, and I don't envision any realistic scenario which could ever change my mind.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-steal-the-show-at-expo-2016-poll-included/page/7#post-3403220

#713 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Will someone please explain the 750 LE announcement of the newly minted Black Arrow TH edition and how that is different from the 6,999 DI LE?

The flyer handed out at the EXPO reveal of Dialed In called it a "Special Edition".

IMG_2413.JPGIMG_2413.JPG

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

...the central theme revolves around a magical, prototype cell phone, made by Dialed In Electronics, a corporation in Quantum City. This prototype cell phone has mistakenly fallen into the player's hands, and it functions as a primary element through which the game communicates with the player.

So the corporation are the bad guys, and the player (the good guy) has got a hold of their secret weapon? Do I have that right? Can someone please scan the comic?

I thought the phone was really clever. It just seems like the natural way to have new characters communicating with the player. When the phone makes the dial tone you just instinctively look at the screen to see who is talking. Everyone can immediately relate to that because it is just like it happens in real life. Same with the news reports on the backbox LCD, because you have seen that a million times before, it's natural to look at the scrolling text at the bottom to read the information.

The cool thing about having a licensed theme is that you can have an unlimited amount of original characters interacting with the player, in a way that couldn't be done with, say, the Hobbit for example. So the phone is like a Rudy head but now you can have multiple characters.

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So the corporation are the bad guys, and the player (the good guy) has got a hold of their secret weapon? Do I have that right? Can someone please scan the comic?

The comic is 8 pages of panels, plus front/back covers and front/back inside flaps (12 total pages).

You (the player) are the guy holding the prototype cell phone on the front cover of the comic. The title of the comic is, "Dialed In!", and below the title is a question: "What would you do with THE POWER?"

Page 5, Inside Dialed In HQ...

[Employee standing in his boss' office, a penthouse suite with window view, giving him bad news]:

"We have a situation. One of the prototypes has been -uh- misplaced. Of course, to the uninitiated, it looks no more special than any of our mobile phones. And, as you know, the Quantum Effect Generator requires an enormous amount of energy to activate. But if the technology were to get into the wrong hands..."

[The boss, sitting in a high-backed executive chair, facing the window and hidden from view, says menacingly]:

"GET. IT. BACK!"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it/page/11#post-3403521

#716 7 years ago

No issues with anyone not liking the game
as much as those that do like it and both sides
sharing why.

So sorry if you feel the positive side is trying to
Change your view.
If you feel that's my position, it's not, I'm just sharing my excitement.
I've always encouraged everyone to play for themselves.
Games can play much different than a video.

Why would anyone feel anything personal if the game doesn't reach you?

#717 7 years ago

At the sound of the tone, please leave a message... "at $9,000, I'm Dialed Out"!

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No issues with anyone not liking the game
as much as those that do like it and both sides
sharing why.
So sorry if you feel the positive side is trying to
Change your view.
If you feel that's my position, it's not, I'm just sharing my excitement.
I've always encouraged everyone to play for themselves.
Games can play much different than a video.
Why would anyone feel anything personal if the game doesn't reach you?

Sorry, Art. The first sentence of my prior quote was responding to Taxman on the "Who will steal the show at expo 2016!!! poll included" thread.

I wasn't implying that YOU were the one evangelizing, but others certainly are, especially in the following thread, using words like "trust", "faith", and "believe", and deriding the "Pinside echo chamber", filled with "negativity/stupidity/trolling".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it

So I have declined to voice my opinion in that thread, even though I attended the Reveal on Thursday night, I attended the "Deep Dive" on Friday night, and I actually played the game in the Vendor Hall.

My reply to you was really responding to the following sentences of your prior post...

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

the only complaint heard anywhere at the show was price.
Nothing I heard about name, phone rings, etc.

Nothing personal. Just sharing my opinion, which was contrary to the above. I voiced that opinion to several friends at the show, but I certainly wasn't circling the Dialed In machines and telling the people who were playing and enjoying the games.

#719 7 years ago

None taken.
I was concerned I said something wrong.
I can get "preachy". No jokes, please.

I absolutely understand and agree when a theme bombs.
I love the game Metallica, but I don't like Metallica.

There does seem to be a troll sense on all games, in all directions.

I'm just glad I survived expo, partied like i use too and checked it off the
Bucket list.....on to Texas.

I wish more people who didn't like it share why, but hope that we avoid price, cellphone, name,
as this is now a given.

Feedback on the peppers ghost?
Ball Lock?
Anyone get further in the game?

Again, even if it's not me, my apologies for those people knowingly trying to stir trouble.

Expo offered so much positive for pinball,
It doesn't matter which game we like, we all win, with so many new games and products
shown.

NIB is only one part.

I don't care if I get a Batman 6 years from now.

If my rambling is off.....sorry..
.way to many pain killers in me right now. Not fun.

#720 7 years ago

It's good to hear from a couple of guys i respect in Art and Razor that were actually there and got to see everything up close.

For me, its Jack's act that is getting old and honestly very weak for a "marketing" guy. An absolute horrendous presentation and explanation.

Sure, I expect the pin to play great because its Lawlor and he got a blank check. I went into this thinking oh crap, this is another pin I'm gonna have to have. I came out with a hard no. Maybe in a few years? Who knows.

You guys are good guys with a MUCH better temperament than me.

#721 7 years ago

I got to meet Joe, the new CEO of JJP at Expo, actually had a really nice chat with him. Don't feel like I should reveal private conversation stuff, but this part seems safe enough:

He said at one point that he wasn't really a pinball guy, he was a business guy (I know he has a Hobbit, not sure if he owns other pins). And IMHO that's not a bad thing, that's what a CEO is for. You run the company, manage the business side, and trust your "pinball guys" to give you the info you need to make smart decisions.

I only bring it up because it doesn't seem fair to keep blaming Jack for everything. It's not his company any more, right? No idea what his role really is, but you can't lay it all at his feet now.

And his stunt with the fake nose on the Stern tour bus was gold.

#722 7 years ago

Part of it goes like this Art.

I'm a player that loves pinball AND a "collector".

I will NEVER EVER pay $9,500 for a pinball machine just to play it because its the next greatest whatever. As in ZERO chance of that happening, ever. If i want to have just a "player's pin", I go out and get pins like NBAFB, WPT, RS and INDY500 for $3k and less.

That's why I bought BM66LE because it met my criteria, great theme, Lyman, first LCD, 30th anniversary etc. It's the show, like TWD, GB etc. And its a "collectible" and limited to 240. Sorry but that means something to me the collector.

Everybody always talks about wanting an original theme and how great that is. NO, not me, not for $9500. Kudos for creating a great pin by JJP. An F for marketing and selling it!

Jack walking out there with an unlimited run basically at those prices will NOT EVER work and he is about to find that out. 300 or 400 people? Maybe. But NOT if he doesn't put a ### on them.

Just my opinion.

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He said at one point that he wasn't really a pinball guy, he was a business guy (I know he has a Hobbit, not sure if he owns other pins). And IMHO that's not a bad thing, that's what a CEO is for. You run the company, manage the business side, and trust your "pinball guys" to give you the info you need to make smart decisions.

The two go hand in hand to make it successful Aurich, you know that. If its not working that way, then you have a guaranteed failure on your hands there.

The business numbers guy has to learn the "business" in order to budget, market, etc. Same page

#724 7 years ago

i didn't remember the part about the new CEO. i doubt the price will ever go down, his job is to make money, a little bit more, year after year and saving as much as he can.

#725 7 years ago

Just in case you missed the reference to Jack and the fake nose, this guy is ace in my book.

28 (resized).jpg28 (resized).jpg

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The two go hand in hand to make it successful Aurich, you know that. If its not working that way, then you have a guaranteed failure on your hands there.

Sure, just not sure you can lay it on Jack anymore. I dunno, how their company works isn't something I'm privy to, just saying, it's not Jack's baby any more. There's a billionaire running the cash faucet and a CEO calling the shots, and his name is Joe and not Jack.

I wish them the best, and I hope things work out for Jack too.

#727 7 years ago

I understand your logic in what you collect ice, and why.
There is no judgement.
For me, I'm a toy and magnet nut, with fun as my goal.
I honestly believe if the playfield magnets and the coding of them I saw wasn't there, id not likely be interested.
It's all personal.

Perhaps Aurich, as Jack is the face and the voice at expo, some communication broke down, as you saw a somewhat disorganized
Presentation.

Serialized games need to be honored to hold value. While sold that way, it seems JJP, isn't
following through.

Just play the game....and enjoy!
Don't buy it and play your buds, or Used in a few years....who cares!
It's new, it's fun, why not do whatever Rocks your boat!

Lastly, what a great step forward towards whatever comes next!

#728 7 years ago

So I haven't read all the reaction since the reveal in the thread because I was at the show, having fun, hanging out with people and playing games (and there's a stupid amount to read back through, so I didn't).

My general impression of the game itself was that it's fun to shoot. I like the interactive back box 'city'. I didn't mind the phone ringing. In generally, I really enjoyed the game.

I don't really love the name, but it is what it is. The two things I consider a negative about the game are the price and the phone interaction.

IMHO the phone stuff is a mistake. Sure it was a fun, wacky, innovative, new idea in the 'blue-sky' stage of designing the game, but I really don't think it's worth the expense. People on location aren't going to understand, and most real pinball players aren't going to want to use it anyway (How often do serious players play with the trigger handles on DM, and they don't even have bluetooth lag) -- seems like something that should have been cut before things were finalized.

Then there's the 9k base model. I can't imagine sales doing well at that level. Sure you can move some, but not volume. Maybe the answer is a stripped down (stainless, no shaker, no fancy glass, no phone interaction) low end model -- but I don't really know. I just know that at 9k, I'd never buy one.

#729 7 years ago

Heard a rumour that after Expo, JJP went back to the drawing board and renamed Dialed In.

They listened to the mood....the mood at Expo, the mood on Pinside, the mood of the pinball community in general, and they came up with the perfect alternative title to Dialed In......

Priced out (resized).jpgPriced out (resized).jpg

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure, just not sure you can lay it on Jack anymore. I dunno, how their company works isn't something I'm privy to, just saying, it's not Jack's baby any more. There's a billionaire running the cash faucet and a CEO calling the shots, and his name is Joe and not Jack.

I realize that, and if its Joe and not Jack making these calls, then Jack, and not Joe should back in the drivers seat.

I don't believe for one second that Joe is making any of those decisions, he's deferring to the people that supposedly know wtf they are doing in the business.

There is a reason billionaires have billions, they defer to the experts.

Ever seen an NFL owner try and coach the team and be the general manager as well? (Well maybe Jerry Jones and that cost him a decade plus of horrendous teams)

Money people like to leverage off of the talents and abilities of the experts, that's how they get rich.

But hey, maybe ole Joe did make the calls and he has just realized he has no clue what he's doing in pinball marketing/pricing/costing

#731 7 years ago

Maybe the reason for this high price is much simpler:

Now that the prepaying is done and capital infusions are done, THIS is really how much a JJP pin has to sell for to make money.

Im a huge (classic) Lawlor far and I can't wait to play one. But, honestly, I have to say I'm disappointed in the theme/title reveal. Don't mean it won't be a blast to play, just dislike the "aesthetics."

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is a reason billionaires have billions, they defer to the experts.

And that's why the price went up, not to be your friends and satisfy you, but to make $$

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

And that's why the price went up, not to be your friends and satisfy you, but to make $$

Yup, billionaires invest millions for one reason alone... to make little friends for their billions.

#734 7 years ago

I bet the conversation went like this at some point.

Jack: We made a pretty cool game, but the price we are talking about might be a bit high.

Owner: I did not buy this company to start a charity, but to make as much $ as I can. Let's shoot for the moon and see what happens. We can always lower the price if it does not sell.

#735 7 years ago

There's also the psychology of pricing.
The reason you see products at $19.95.
In this case, saying $9000 seems much more
like $10K than $8995.
Sorry to repeat, but from Jack to staff, the price isn't set yet.
Let's hope they hit $7995 list.

The verdict is not out yet.
This seems to be a magic number.

#736 7 years ago

You know the old joke right?

How do you make a small fortune in pinball?

Start with a large fortune.

#737 7 years ago

It was kinda crazy that when he revealed the price he asked how much would you pay for this game...someone shouted out 5 billion dollars or something like that then he revealed the price of 9k like it was a steal....SMH

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

And that's why they are going to lose there A$$ on this arrogant offering

Stupid greed can take you down

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry to repeat, but from Jack to staff, the price isn't set yet.
Let's hope they hit $7995 list.

Why not Art?

It's their reveal they have had to think about for how many years?

Absolutely HORRENDOUS

Let's float it out there and see who bites at the F u money?

Nope, Jack or whoever floated that turd idea really F ed up.

The good news is that Stern didn't themselves any favors either

#740 7 years ago

I don't know why?

Perhaps they were so excited
It didn't get firmed up.
Or it was, and the immediate feedback
did have an effect.
I was told the extra games brought
were also a bit last minute.

We already know ice, you're not getting the game, or have support for JJP.
Why torture yourself even popping in here?

Horrendous? No, well planned of just pricing and qty, sure.

But that's all the bitching there is.

Not limited, price not set.
and one can argue name....

Important, yes.

But the line in the sand that bothers
many, is the price may be lower, it may not be.
They didn't have that at Expo.
Maybe this week, maybe later.
Plenty of time to continue to be vocal
about price, which will get old
hearing real soon.
Too much? Don't buy it.
Not limited? Don't buy it.
Title, theme, cell phone?
Not your taste, don't buy it.

Applause for 5 games working
at expo.

Fun game, just play it without buying it,
and be happy.

#741 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Fun game, just play it without buying it,
and be happy.

5 games working at expo might be the only ones they sell?

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Too much? Don't buy it.
Not limited? Don't buy it.
Title, theme, cell phone?
Not your taste, don't buy it.

And that sums up why its sadly going down the tubes

The REAL world is a different place and people today need to own mistakes, fix it quickly and redeem. Arrogance is a bad trait and a business killer

But i don't say things that people want to hear, agree or not

#742 7 years ago

Iceman...

Please take 3 steps down off your pedestal and chill. Your opinion & messages are heard loud and clear on many threads.

#743 7 years ago

'The REAL world is a different place and people today need to own mistakes, fix it quickly and redeem. Arrogance is a bad trait and a business killer
But i don't say things that people want to hear, agree or not"

Ok, and really just to tease you, remember this line when we chat by phone and you bring up your presidential candidate!

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

5 games working at expo might be the only ones they sell?

And that sums up why its sadly going down the tubes
The REAL world is a different place and people today need to own mistakes, fix it quickly and redeem. Arrogance is a bad trait and a business killer
But i don't say things that people want to hear, agree or not

Well i guess myself and the 3 friends of mine are lucky and will own 4 of the 5....now thats limited...

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Iceman...
Please take 3 steps down off your pedestal and chill. Your opinion & messages are heard loud and clear on many threads.

If you say so. Can you please post what you would like me to say and do next so i make you happy?

Thanks

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well i guess myself and the 3 friends of mine are lucky and will own 4 of the 5....now thats limited...

Hehe, yep, BigD, you got it, the real limited

So, no worries if they sell thousands right? What would you rather have?

A selfish few hundred, the reality or thousands?

As an early adopter at huge prices, I respect and applaud you. You get your pin you love and play it hard. Many others will roll out a year later at a substantial loss, to the latest and greatest. Doesn't matter if its all that and means everything to you for $9500, i get it

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

'The REAL world is a different place and people today need to own mistakes, fix it quickly and redeem. Arrogance is a bad trait and a business killer
But i don't say things that people want to hear, agree or not"
Ok, and really just to tease you, remember this line when we chat by phone and you bring up your presidential candidate!

Haha yep, arrogance is a killer isn't it. Game over, until another 4 years.

Let's hope we still have a country then

Two party system is finito, so is Washington DC

it's GAME OVER MAN!!!!

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hehe, yep, BigD, you got it, the real limited
So, no worries if they sell thousands right? What would you rather have?
A selfish few hundred, the reality or thousands?
As an early adopter at huge prices, I respect and applaud you. You get your pin you love and play it hard. Many others will roll out a year later at a substantial loss, to the latest and greatest. Doesn't matter if its all that and means everything to you for $9500, i get it

Actually i dont have to pay shipping since im close and can pick it up. Also pricing is under 9k if you ask around. I hope they sell alot actually as the le in any brand dont mean anything to me and many others i know but their wont be to many sold imo probably 500-1000 unless something changes with a standard version without upgraded trim and such.

#749 7 years ago

Nah, you just bought into the propaganda.....Like pinball, just press "start" and the political pinball game will start all over again.
I think the message you bought into was the country was a "Limited Edition!"

Taxes are over today....you must have had a rough week.

Grab a drink, and play a game for me!

Still in Chicago...84 degrees today.

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually i dont have to pay shipping since im close and can pick it up. Also pricing is under 9k if you ask around. I hope they sell alot actually as the le in any brand dont mean anything to me and many others i know but their wont be to many sold imo probably 500-1000 unless something changes with a standard version without upgraded features.

I know the LE doesn't mean anything to you and I respect that. And ZERO chance it hits 1000, I'm rooting for you in the 200-300 range

I honestly think its game over after this expo

The genius sales people are too stupid to keep taking the "smart money"

Good lord, the whole lot of them, a sales cluster F, JJP, Stern, Heighway.

Hard to put words to it, but i'll try via a podcast

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive/page/15?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.