Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.
#551 7 years ago

Been watching the doo doo show since the reveal.

My quick impartial overview thoughts.

What a total crap theme. I use a phone as a tool, not for entertainment as does most of the pinball buying demographic (older). I really like the future city and disaster aspect but that is lost in the name and main cell phone feature for most. I've always said theme is very important. With so many games out there most people want one that is a great theme to them when laying out the cash, or at least a reasonable theme (whether licensed or unlicensed).

Phone integration means nothing to me and most of the pinball crowd I know (ie older people). And selfies? Ughh.....

Looks like it could be really fun. Love to play it. The machine looks pretty good other than that strange woman styled robot on the field.

At $9k minimum I wonder if it will sell with the weak theme. More people would like or buy it with play and first hand experience, but if it doesn't sell well it will be hard for many people to get to play or experience it. Especially where it is hard to find pins already. Chicken slash egg problem I foresee.

I do hope the pin does well, we'll see.

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lawlor fans & JJP fans to start with. People with TONS of disposable cash whom are everywhere on this site. Who the fuck thought WOZ was a great idea? Not me...but again it's selling OK.
Maybe it's got awesome Lawlor gameplay for me, and stupid cell phone shit the rest of the world loves? Maybe it's a meeting ground?
You know what the dumbest thing i ever heard was? Using your phone to walk around like a fuck ass looking for Pokemon...how'd that work? Or right an Operator would never spend 9K for a game....IF it makes monies they will. What was WOZ...8K Hobbit 8.5k ish? Pretty close...those are on location.

I get what you're saying but at some point they can't keep tapping that well of people who just have too much money to care. It happens almost in every hobby. I collect wine and there was a breaking point where they just priced people out of it.

Pokemon Go is different because every kid has a smartphone. It's a game for kids.

$9k pinball machines are not for kids. A cell phone style game won't have the same mass appeal.

#553 7 years ago

Just about every time I go to PHOF (about once a year) WOZ isn't working. The Hobbit lasted about 3 months on route at my local bowling alley. Believe me that was not a busy bowling alley. JJP is going to have to offer a very juicy deal to get operators to buy into this pin.

#554 7 years ago

From an operator's perspective.... Not a fucking chance in hell will I buy unlicensed title at $9,000k++.

At least WOZ & Hobbit were licensed, known, desirable themes that the general public had brand recognition pulling them in to at least try the pin. This, does not. Offer a $6,000 version, and I'm in.

BTW - I own 2 WOZ, RRLE & ECLE, as well as a Hobbit Smaug.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Pokemon Go is different because every kid has a smartphone. It's a game for kids.
$9k pinball machines are not for kids. A cell phone style game won't have the same mass appeal.

I hear what you're saying, and mostly agree with you, I'm just trying to say we're always not the smartest people in the room.
I don't know if there's a big college/university in Lerado beach Ca, but I'm guessing not because you think Pokemon Go is for "kids." i wish it was.
A lot of us played pinball on location our whole lives *Vin Diesel voice* 1 quarter at a time...& we were kids. Maybe that's what they're trying to do...shit i don't know I'm just trying to think outside my own box.

#556 7 years ago

All I care about is how a game looks and how much fun it is to play. I was hypnotized the first time I saw WOZ in real life, and when I finally got one I absolutely loved the gameplay. People gripe about the WOZ theme, but I enjoy it now since I like the game so much. As long as Dialed In looks beautiful and plays great, and is fun, I'm in.

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hear what you're saying, and mostly agree with you, I'm just trying to say we're always not the smartest people in the room.
I don't know if there's a big college/university in Lerado beach Ca, but I'm guessing not because you think Pokemon Go is for "kids." i wish it was.
A lot of us played pinball on location our whole lives *Vin Diesel voice* 1 quarter at a time...& we were kids. Maybe that's what they're trying to do...shit i don't know I'm just trying to think outside my own box.

Where I'm at there's most families with young kids. I see the kids playing Pokemon Go.

Honestly, I don't know either. We'll see what happens with this pin. I want to play it, definitely. Maybe Lawlor should have thought about using a cell phone to allow people to virtually play the table and get to the know the rules. Something useful at least...

#558 7 years ago

For the LE, im hoping 1,456 or 3027 numbers havent been taken yet. Im a little concerned about changing ringtones.....

#559 7 years ago

I do appreciate the fact the most annoying fucking thing people say aboot games they like that other people don;t is "They've probably never played a "dialed in" one.

Quoted from Sticky:

Where I'm at there's most families with young kids. I see the kids playing Pokemon Go.

It's EVERYWHERE...trust me I am as shocked as you are.

Quoted from Sticky:

Maybe Lawlor should have thought about using a cell phone to allow people to virtually play the table and get to the know the rules. Something useful at least...

I'm just hoping you're allowed not to use a phone for anything...because obviously I think it's dumb and don't want to do it. Like skipping the videa mode in GOT that's so bad.

#560 7 years ago

I got to play it at Expo. I only got half a game, but it seemed fun. The lasting impression on me:

Bob the Builder + Mick on a Stick in SimCity.

#561 7 years ago

Forget the damn phone. It's the dude in harry-high-pants jeans and a freaking Ralph Lauren business casual shirt smack in the middle of the field that's turning me off. I sooo want to be that guy, lol.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Forget the damn phone. It's the dude in harry-high-pants jeans and a freaking Ralph Lauren business casual shirt smack in the middle of the field that's turning me off.

All PF can;t be as sweet looking as your ACDC pro...universally loved Angus face eh?

#563 7 years ago

I'll take a 9k Dialed In! over a 7-8k Aerosmith Premium any day (making assumptions).

I admit, Dialed In (and most new machines in general) are way overpriced, but middle aged white man butthurt on Pinside is out of control. At least JJP is doing something new and different and not just pumping out low quality overpriced nostalgia.

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All PF can;t be as sweet looking as your ACDC pro...universally loved Angus face eh?

Haha, I'll keep an old Helen decal to put over this guy. Fixed!

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My Honda Accord was over 25K, and I park it outside

I spend more on pins than I do on my cars. Hate cars, they take gas. Haven't had a car in garage in years.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha, I'll keep an old Helen decal to put over this guy. Fixed!

Exactly...so you can fix this too! Put a sticker that says "Quantum City" over the guys phone and shut the fuck up Joking no offense of course
ACDC...literally all i heard was how bad Angus' face was...now look at it everyone loves the game.
GOT...total piece of shit looking embarrassment....totally awesome game

I AGREE the prices are crazy...but If Dialed in was instead called Quantum City, if that's what got you to be happy and pay the extra monies than you're crazy anyway

#567 7 years ago

JJP did the licensed pins well in my opinion. A few others that would shine on the JJP system are:

- Harry Potter
- Toy Story
- The Muppets
- World of Warcraft
- The Peanuts
- The Nightmare before Christmas
- Chronicles of Narnia

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

JJP did the licensed pins well in my opinion. A few others that would shine on the JJP system are:

You forgot Alice in wonderland and Jules Verne theme based on all books.

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

- Harry Potter
- Toy Story
- The Muppets
- World of Warcraft
- The Peanuts
- The Nightmare before Christmas
- Chronicles of Narnia

Lucky for us JJP owns the licenses for TOY STORY & MUPPETS and they are both in development right now.

JJP#4 TOY STORY
JJP#5 MUPPETS

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

JJP#4 TOY STORY
JJP#5 MUPPETS

JJP Toy Story should be epic
Muppets could go either way... original muppets have tons of great material, newer muppets are meh.

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

JJP Toy Story should be epic
Muppets could go either way... original muppets have tons of great material, newer muppets are meh.

Dude in my house, my age, It's Muppet babies or bust!

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude in my house, my age, It's Muppet babies or bust!

LOL! Ok I'll give ya that.

#573 7 years ago

It's seriously called Dialed In.

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

It's seriously called Dialed In.

For now, let's hope they change it. I can't make money with this name.

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

For now, let's hope they change it. I can't make money with this name.

I'm thinking about making vinyl stickers that say MELTDOWN and selling them. Each size will be made to cover up every DI logo.

#576 7 years ago

I got to play the pin last night and it plays great. According to JJP, the code is about 20% and will be complete when shipped. I'm with most people, I just don't get the name. I like that they are pushing the envelope with the phone and camera, but a cooler name would satisfy many people, especially after they got to play it.

#577 7 years ago

I've been here at expo and have played Dialed in, its really an awesome game. I've played just about everything new that can be played at this show so far and for me Dialed in is the hit of the show.

#579 7 years ago

Any idea when jjp #4 will be announced? I'm really hoping for a strong theme this next time and obviously they need #4 to go very well. I still hope they sell enough DI to be happy with sales.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I've been here at expo and have played Dialed in, its really an awesome game. I've played just about everything new that can be played at this show so far and for me Dialed in is the hit of the show.

And if it were priced even at $8500, I think it would have been better received. $9k is just too much. To get it shipped and mods you will be at $10k. Thinking the standard may be at $7-$7500. At $7k, I can get it shipped put in $250 in mods and be happy as I think resale will be $6500 ish, if I'd ever sell. The LE is not limited and cannot hold value.

Plus $7k puts it $200 less than a new Stern Premium.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any idea when jjp #4 will be announced? I'm really hoping for a strong theme this next time and obviously they need #4 to go very well. I still hope they sell enough DI to be happy with sales.

I keep hearing rumors that "Toy Story" and "The Muppets" are games #4 and #5. Neither one of the those themes really interests me, then again I never thought Wizard of Oz would and I now own one of those.

Personally I think JJP should do a Back to the Future trilogy pinball machine. Now that would be epic.

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

According to JJP, the code...will be complete when shipped.

This game is sounding better and better all the time.

#583 7 years ago

I'm too old for all this 'stuff'. The theme doesn't resonate with me, but all I care about is having fun at my cranky stage of life. If it gets to my distributor, it is a blast to play, and I get a buzz playing it, I'll be plunking down my credit card.
I want a game I can have fun on, and zone in. Hmmm,... maybe they should have called it Zoned in.

#584 7 years ago

I also heard potc as jjp #4 from a guy that has been on point predicting games somehow. I would think either potc or toy story could actually be really cool. Classic muppets to.

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Jack said on the google group that a standard version will be made without the powder coat, invisiglass and shaker. A price has not been determined yet.

Ah yes, in the light of day, i can see a whole lot more clearly now

That makes a whole lot more sense adding a standard, why in the world he didn't say that instead of letting everybody hang on the idea that a $9k 6,999 LE and $12,500 SLE is it, wasn't a sharp move

Put a $7k/7500 standard/premium out there. Might as well because you aren't selling 699 LE's

As for the theme and how much it means to me and why I'll never buy this one, if JJP took the tarp off and it was a Harry Potter pin, I'd be slobbering all over it and probably getting the $12.5k version by xmas

Same thing might go for Toy Story next

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I'm too old for all this 'stuff'. The theme doesn't resonate with me, but all I care about is having fun at my cranky stage of life. If it gets to my distributor, it is a blast to play, and I get a buzz playing it, I'll be plunking down my credit card.
I want a game I can have fun on, and zone in. Hmmm,... maybe they should have called it Zoned in.

Get your credit card ready.......I was a non believer until I played it last night. This game and the play is the real deal.

#587 7 years ago

I am amazed . I put in a 300 gallon saltwater reef tank and stocked it and am still not $12,500 in yet. A 2009 E320 diesel can be had for less than $12,500. They finally did it. Someone cue up that scene from ending of Planet of the Apes...you know the whole "you blew it all up" scene

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That makes a whole lot more sense adding a standard, why in the world he didn't say that instead of letting everybody hang on the idea that a $9k 6,999 LE and $12,500 SLE is it

Probably hoping that either:

a) everyone would jump for the $9K model and a cheaper version would not be required; or

b) everyone would start throwing around a number like $7K which would tell him where to price the cheaper model.

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Lucky for us JJP owns the licenses for TOY STORY & MUPPETS and they are both in development right now.
JJP#4 TOY STORY
JJP#5 MUPPETS

So they're trying to corner the market on themes for kids? Great.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I am amazed . I put in a 300 gallon saltwater reef tank and stocked it and am still not $12,500 in yet. A 2009 E320 diesel can be had for less than $12,500. They finally did it. Someone cue up that scene from ending of Planet of the Apes...you know the whole "you blew it all up" scene

I got to say there is a small collector's market for $9K to $12.5K machines. BUT, and that is a big but, it can only be in very limited #'s

At the same time, $5K Pros and $7K Premiums must be the large production #'s for your operators and average home collectors.

If Stern & JJP think the $9K plus market is the new mainstream, I believe they would be sadly mistaken.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I got to play the pin last night and it plays great. According to JJP, the code is about 20% and will be complete when shipped. I'm with most people, I just don't get the name. I like that they are pushing the envelope with the phone and camera, but a cooler name would satisfy many people, especially after they got to play it.

They aren't really pushing the envelope with the cell phone though. Lawlor went about it all wrong. If you're going to use a cell phone then use the bluetooth connectivity so high scores are posted to an app/database online where everyone can see how they play against the rest of the world.

Also, use the bluetooth for streaming audio. If you hate the audio on the pin (I certainly do) then play your own music from your library. Spotify, pandora, mp3's, whatever.

You could also have the cell phone for entering in tournaments so say on saturday evening JJP hosts a virtual tournament and you get a notification to play if you chose to join the tournament.

That's the kind of stuff you should be doing to harness available technology. Not playing the physical pin from the phone which is an absolutely pointless gimmick when you have buttons for flippers right on the damn cabinet.

#592 7 years ago

When I go to the movies, if it isn't in my dreams that night, or I don't think about it the next day, it doesn't stand out as a great movie to me.
Like a song you hear the first or second time, that you can't get out of your head.

Dialed in is like that. I can't stop thinking of it, and want to play it more! I'll line up all day today, to get some games in.
I want to discover more, see more, play more.

For me, it feels like parts of the best of Pat Lawlor, and he put his heart in this.
Damn game just gets under my skin!

Its just so different in so many ways.
... I don't know how to share that feeling.

Not for everyone...

You know that we will never agree, but something damn special was made and shown here.

I do get the feeling and hope that JJP hears
our thoughts and gets a Standard offered at a more affordable price.

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dialed in is like that. I can't stop thinking of it, and want to play it more! I'll line up all day today, to get some games in.
I want to discover mote, see more, play more.

I'll admit as well I've really enjoyed the handful of games I've had on it here too, look forward to playing it more today.

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

...You could also have the cell phone for entering in tournaments so say on saturday evening JJP hosts a virtual tournament and you get a notification to play if you chose to join the tournament.
That's the kind of stuff you should be doing to harness available technology. Not playing the physical pin from the phone which is an absolutely pointless gimmick when you have buttons for flippers right on the damn cabinet.

Online tournaments will be great. With a camera built in now it should be positioned to view the playfield also. You can review a game and make sure no location is pulling anything fast. If money is involved it will happen.

I don't see cell phone flipping in tournament mode (at least in IFPA) since I don't think you can change the game against a person who didn't bring a cell or has a dead battery. But even though cell flipping is a novelty I kind of see it. You get more points because you are giving up the ability to nudge the game.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I Personally I think JJP should do a Back to the Future trilogy pinball machine. Now that would be epic.

I've been waiting 10 years to buy my first NIB. That would get a definite purchase from me. I could see me paying a stupid price for it too.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Online tournaments will be great. With a camera built in now it should be positioned to view the playfield also. You can review a game and make sure no location is pulling anything fast. If money is involved it will happen.
I don't see cell phone flipping in tournament mode (at least in IFPA) since I don't think you can change the game against a person who didn't bring a cell or has a dead battery. But even though cell flipping is a novelty I kind of see it. You get more points because you are giving up the ability to nudge the game.

I get what you're saying about giving up nudging but the tactile response on the cell phone is completely different and it doesn't feel like you're playing the machine. Why buy a machine to play it on your cell phone? It would be like buying a 70 inch 4k tv in order to stream in lower resolution to your cell/ipad. You already have the real thing, use it.

I guess I just see potential in the cell phone compatibility a different way than using it to play the pin. I see it more as an accessory to add to the experience in other ways.

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If Stern & JJP think the $9K plus market is the new mainstream, I believe they would be sadly mistaken.

Stern isn't mistaken, they know better.

Who else makes a pro, $5k range?

Going back to the prior pricing model on next pin

I can't figure out wtf JJP is doing pricing and quantity wise

#598 7 years ago

Wow, been offline for a couple of days and come back to find that my favorite Pinball designer's new Pin is out of
reach for probably 95% of collectors, and that now Gary has also lost his mind with a 15k pin.

We only have our self's to blame. When we buy 8 and 9K pins all day long, what did we think Stern and JJP were
going to do next. Now we see!!!

I have great respect for both Gary and Jack, but at these prices, he has sent the message that they don't care about the us.
O well, I'm not going to pay those prices, regardless of how nice they are.

Personally, these prices won't last, it will crash under it's own weight

Sad day indeed.

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I guess I just see potential in the cell phone compatibility a different way than using it to play the pin. I see it more as an accessory to add to the experience in other ways.

Could be fun if your partner / opponent can participate to your game with his phone, trying to help you / disturb you while you play the game in a traditional way.
For example, by controlling some magnets for a short period of time... or lane changes...

#600 7 years ago

JJP has the most perfect setup with their machines for a licensed theme. The best there is in the pinball world. Big screen, quality, good software support. Why they did this is beyond me. The big screen is not utilised as they are doing it with WoZ or Hobbit. They just do not have any gripping material to put on there. Everything looks very generic.

That and the fact that JJP is now being so arrogant to say 6999 pieces is limited. Serious ??? Then almost every pinball machine produced the last decade is limited ! He has the limited titles cornered with every title. First WoZ that got another limited edition and then Hobbit where they make a limited edition and then later on they limit that limited edition (Smaug), just to announce another limited edition (Black Arrow) just now.

And now he even starts with a limited edition and makes another version with another name - Collectors Edition - which is even not limited in numbers, but just thought up to bring in as much money as possible the next two months.

Enough is enough. If they do not go back to normal and a numbered limited edition I am out. So many new machines and I will buy zero. Cancelled my order of the BM66LE and will not buy this one as the Collectors edition is priced way too high.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/down-to-72-hours-until-the-reveal-of-deep-dive/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.