Topic Stats

• 759 posts
  • 249 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by colonel_caverne
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Priced out (resized).jpg
28 (resized).jpg
IMG_2413.JPG
IMG_1431 (resized).JPG
72456704 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Burgundy (resized).jpg
Batman (resized).jpg
Lawlor (resized).jpg
1ccr53 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
tumblr_o3kbpxcIjU1ux625so1_500.gif
th (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DONT FLIP (resized).jpg
Phantom-Menace-3 (resized).jpg

There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
#1 2 years ago

With 12 hours left and all we have to go on is a name, standard body size, and a few rumors.... its gonna be a grueling 12 hours to wait.

Anyone care to speculate while we wait?

24 (resized).png

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone care to speculate while we wait?

The name doesn't sound right.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Yeah...I think you may have read too much into the Expo schedule:

Deep dive
Defintion: An in-depth or comprehensive review of a topic.
E.g. "JJP will present a deep dive into their new pinball machine at Expo this year."

#4 2 years ago

I think it's a game about Pat himself...

image0 (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

So it's Fathom 2.0?

#6 2 years ago

i have no idea what this is about.. Is this another reveal at expo?

#7 2 years ago

It's a deep dive to retrieve your cell phone when you drop it in the pool.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

i have no idea what this is about..

Thursday night fireside chat, Friday night delve into the makings of.

Both are about Pat's JJP #3.

#9 2 years ago

48 hours left!

#10 2 years ago

Can't wait

#11 2 years ago

Maybe I know, either way I won't say

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

So it's Fathom 2.0?

Would love it if it was.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thursday night fireside chat, Friday night delve into the makings of.
Both are about Pat's JJP #3.

Hey LTG, its Pats game going to be available to play directly after the talk?

#14 2 years ago

Going as deep as code can go - "The Silmarillion"

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Pats game going to be available to play directly after the talk?

I'm sorry I don't know what the plan is. Let people play them, move them to the JJP booth, etc. etc. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

#16 2 years ago

Them... plural.... multiple machines. Nice.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Them... plural.... multiple machines. Nice.

The plan all along is for JJP to have four or five there.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The plan all along is for JJP to have four or five there.

Woot! 4-5 sounds like they have gotten as far as production line testing.

Is standard body really confirmed somewhere? I saw some rumors but thats it. I personally would love to see a Lawlor widebody but good with whatevers fun and new.

#19 2 years ago

We have to be proud on JJP whatever the new game is.
Because he riskt all to make expensive quality game's not emty cheap machine's.
Lets hope he has made the good choice. Its just like music you never no when you have a number one hit.

#20 2 years ago

Still sticking with 'Dialed In' as no one ever discounted the rumor - just banned it from pinside....

#21 2 years ago

Dialed in---------- renewed in August - https://trademarks.justia.com/865/07/dialed-86507109.html
Killer App -------- renewed 5 days ago - https://trademarks.justia.com/862/35/killer-86235281.html

Naturally you would think that Dialed in is the machine, and killer app is an app

BUT

Dialed in says "computer software for games and for interfacing with pinball and arcade game machines; downloadable mobile applications for interfacing with pinball and arcade game machines; computer game software"

Killer app says "Pinball machines"

So is it the other way? Dialed in is the APP and Killer App is the name of the machine???

#22 2 years ago

Deep Dive is a way cooler theme and name than Dialed In...

#23 2 years ago

Dialed in sounds like something from the 50's

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Dialed in sounds like something from the 50's

I've always thought an updated time machine could be cool

#25 2 years ago

The name of the pin won't be dialed in. No way possible.

#26 2 years ago

It shouldn't be deep dive either. Jack said you wouldn't know what it's about from the game title. Let's see !

#27 2 years ago

Who uses the word "dial" anymore when making a phone call? Dials went out with rotary phones, so no one "dials" a phone number anymore. That can't be the name of the pin because it's so bland and outdated.

#28 2 years ago

Guys think about it.

Spooky is coming out with Domino's Pinball, increasing pressure on other manufacturers to compete in the hot pizza pinball market.

What better to roll out in Chicago than a pinball based on the deepest pizza, with the deepest code?

uno (resized).jpg

#29 2 years ago

ewrgwegewgewgwergergergerger (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago

Maybe pats game is a bioshock ripoff

#31 2 years ago

Dive deep in your wallet for this one....

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Who uses the word "dial" anymore when making a phone call? Dials went out with rotary phones, so no one "dials" a phone number anymore. That can't be the name of the pin because it's so bland and outdated.

"Dial In" is not for a phone. It is a term for tuning in a radio.

I'll bet your car has electric windows. But what hand motion do you use to get a person to "roll down" their window?

#33 2 years ago

http://www.englishbaby.com/vocab/word/10630/dialed-in

1. Definition (adj.) perfectly tuned; optimized; well-coordinated; everything is in perfect condition

Examples As the race car pulled in for a pit stop, the crew had only a few seconds to get many different things dialed in.

Examples Once I get these settings dialed in on the soundboard, we can start recording.

Examples Why don’t you come in on Saturday and get everything dialed in for our big project next week?

#34 2 years ago

"Dialed In" is obviously just a patent to cover whatever their cell phone app is going to use to communicate with the machine. Whether or not it will interact with the actual gameplay is any ones guess.

Im thinking the actual game will be called "robot wars" or "cyber warfare" and will be a humans vs robots/technology theme.

I think IF the "dialed in" app/technology is implimented into gameplay, maybe youll be able to control the robot arm over bluetooth or something and block shots/pickup balls.

Super stoked. Really hoping this game lives up to the hype. Will be our second JJP purchase if so.

#35 2 years ago

I think I can say this now but Jack himself told me it has 9 letters in it however he was counting with his fingers when telling me this and I have no idea how his math is! Good luck with the big reveal wish I was there! lots of pics and descriptions boys! Have fun!

#36 2 years ago

Robot Wars is 9! Lol

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think I can say this now but Jack himself told me it has 9 letters in it however he was counting with his fingers when telling me this and I have no idea how his math is! Good luck with the big reveal wish I was there! lots of pics and descriptions boys! Have fun!

"Killer App" then? Killer App could still be about technology attacking humans. Based on the trademarks that is what I am now guessing is the title.

#38 2 years ago

It's an Earthshaker of a Whirlwind at Rudy's house. Believe it or not, you will have to do some CSI work to figure it out after a Banzai run at the Addams house. Then a Twilight multiball will reveal your on a road show to pass Go. But...you still have to be a safe cracker to figure out what it is. I'll be playing Golf tomorrow.

#39 2 years ago

Killer App would also fit Pat's slightly campy sense of theatricality.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It's an Earthshaker of a Whirlwind at Rudy's house. Believe it or not, you will have to do some CSI work to figure it out after a Banzai run at the Addams house. Then a Twilight multiball will reveal your on a road show to pass Go. But...you still have to be a safe cracker to figure out what it is. I'll be playing Golf tomorrow.

I dunno looks like you have a Monopoly on your hands.

#41 2 years ago

Another possibility of theme, the game could be about computer hacking to attack a country or mankind.

Going further, how interesting would a theme of aliens hacking earth/human computer systems to start an attack?

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Killer App would also fit Pat's slightly campy sense of theatricality.

also woudl fit perfectly with "F this world of everyone on their phone when they can be playing pinball!"

#43 2 years ago

Perhaps this DEEP DIVE game is the answer to Stern's hopeful upcoming JAWS ? Someone claimed that a mechanical Shark toy was being produced / outsourced.. was it for Jaws ? or Perhaps "Deep Dive / JJP3" ?

30870D7D00000578-0-image-a-41_1453637786470 (resized).jpg

#44 2 years ago

what about something along the line of sharknado. kind fits his disaster themes, humor and sharks. Also is 9 letters! Only thing is was suppose to be original theme sigh

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Perhaps this DEEP DIVE game is the answer to Stern's hopeful upcoming JAWS ? Someone claimed that a mechanical Shark toy was being produced / outsourced.. was it for Jaws ? or Perhaps "Deep Dive / JJP3" ?

I am sure there would be a lot of disappointed Jaws fans if the game was Deep Dive (with sharks). It would be like Caddyshack...errr.... I mean Tee'd Off/No Good Gofers all over again.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am sure there would be a lot of disappointed Jaws fans if the game was Deep Dive (with sharks). It would be like Caddyshack...errr.... I mean Tee'd Off/No Good Gofers all over again.

not at all.

I always say the best non-licensed theme is to take the most popular theme and then make it your own/ better

MM is a good example. MM = holy grail but timeless since it is just comedy based medieval.

Jaws = cool for short term but still just a movie from the 80s.
Deep Dive = nautical theme with comedy and plays off all the underwater world of fantasy.

*I dont think this is the theme, but would be fine if it was.

#48 2 years ago

Someone for the love of pinball please just tell us what the name of this machine is already.

#49 2 years ago

I have a really difficult time believing the theme is a cell phone

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not at all.

Jaws = cool for short term but still just a movie from the 80s.

Firstly Jaws is from the 70's... and IF a Jaws pinball came out I'm sure if done right wouldn't just be cool for short term... just sayin'

c5f0b5b6100e399b21f90fa0a3300b7e (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burrillville, RI
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Stafford, VA
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,000.00
$ 9,000.00
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 279.95
There are 759 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside