• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 5 years ago

Not a surprising outcome

#3 5 years ago

There are some good point there. However I would disagree with the following when he talks about WOZ.

"The main playfield’s most satisfying shot is to the only ramp. But for some reason, the one shot that you can get some fun flow going steals the ball in a contraption and spits out a different ball. This creates a slight hiccup effect that I absolutely dislike"

There are many challenging/satisfying shots on this game, at least for me anyway. The crystal ball shot, the shot up through the trees from the flippers.

I think his review comes down to him liking a game of flow versus a stop and go. I prefer a more stop and go but too each their own.

#4 5 years ago

Both great games but ... the AC/DC lower playfield is fun yet the two playfields on WoZ obstruct the playfield ... no mention of the cannon blocking the view of the right return and outlane ... in the end it seems to be a review with a pre-concieved conclusion but to each there own ... I'd love to own both.

#5 5 years ago

Not sure I agree. I think WOZ is much deeper and very fun to play.

Although I agree with some points in this article - in the end I think WOZ will be more like an everlasting gobstopper.

#6 5 years ago

I have both machines, and they both play well depending on what mood I'm in. For a party mood, headphones on and Angus gets the vote, for a depth play and novelty, Dorothy fits the bill.
Nothing wrong with either, good to have the contrast.

#7 5 years ago

Well written article and I agree with 99% of what was written. Where it matters most ACDC wins hands down in my opinion. You cannot play "Art Work" or "pretty Lights".

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Well written article and I agree with 99% of what was written. Where it matters most ACDC wins hands down in my opinion. You cannot play "Art Work" or "pretty Lights".

Then just play a whitewood. AC/DC is one of the ugliest machines I've ever seen...and this from an AC/DC fan. A pinball machine SHOULD be judged on the whole package: art, sound, flow, and depth. Otherwise it's like judging a movie just on its plot, disregarding the fact that the actors can't act their way out of a paper bag. Who does that?

Both machines are awesome in their own way and are totally different. Comparing the two is pointless.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

AC/DC is one of the ugliest machines I've ever seen...and this from an AC/DC fan.

In your opinion. Yet as one of the hottest selling current titles its clear that most of us feel the opposite. I love my Luci. Art work, Lighting, Music and obviously Game play. Love it!!!

#10 5 years ago

They are both great machines in completely different ways. From the way this was written the guy really liked AC/DC right from the start. No big deal. It wasn't really a head to head competition because of the completely different styles of games. I own one of them, and will probably end up owning the other as well. Not because of a showdown, but because they are both fun to play.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

In your opinion. Yet as one of the hottest selling current titles its clear that most of us feel the opposite. I love my Luci. Art work, Lighting, Music and obviously Game play. Love it!!!

Of course it's my opinion...that's the point of a forum! Trust me, I wish I liked the artwork better. I've seen every tour since 1982 and have every album. I just can't stare at that machine for longer than ten minutes or so...especially Angus' face.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Of course it's my opinion...that's the point of a forum! Trust me, I wish I liked the artwork better. I've seen every tour since 1982 and have every album. I just can't stare at that machine for longer than ten minutes or so...especially Angus' face.

The Angus face is just brutal, but I really like the Luci version.

#13 5 years ago

Like most of the objective people have commented here, this is one guy's opinion that was an Ac/dc guy from the start, and what's not to like.

Objectively, since I own both, have played both extensively, Dendoc sums it up best, they are both a blast to play depending on what mood you are in.

That's why we buy more than 1 pinball machine, its great to get a variety!

#14 5 years ago

Yeah, I found that pretty silly. It was obvious what the answer was going to be from the start.

*Yawn*

#15 5 years ago

2 AWESOME machines. If I were forced to choose between the two as to which was better to play and own, I'd go WOZLE. That machine is nothing short of gorgeous. Beautiful LED action on the PF and the back glass screen animations are amazing. Great game play too. Very creative, well done and a lot of fun. Not as fast flowing as AC/DC, but that doesn't bother me.

Well, that's just me and truth be told, I own neither, but wish I could own them both.

#16 5 years ago

Actually the guy was a Wizard of Oz guy from the start and had one on order for quite a long time. Was a big supporter of the machine from the get go and wrote about it a lot.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

how hard it is to be a one of the current hot selling titles when there are only like 3, maybe 4, currently selling titles?

#19 5 years ago

I got to play both extensively before I decided which one to buy. It wasn't going to be AC/DC pro because of the playfield. I chose WOZLE and that was with the code no where near what it is now.

#20 5 years ago

Let's see acdc came out two years ago and is still selling. Several sterns have come and gone . That's not easy it's a sign of a truly great game. Hell, with Luci we are buying it twice. I sure as heck did not buy two transformers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside