Dorothy monkey capture mode

By masterfx

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

From time to time when the monkey grabs the ball from the magnet and drops it behind the castle it bounces out. I've watched it up close and the gadget back there appears to lock up and not move. Ive taken off the glass and it isnt stuck. Is this normal part of the game play or is it an issue. Thanks guys!

#2 9 years ago

Is the monkey stoping directly over the drop point?

#3 9 years ago

yes, and it is only happens about half the time. I'm just wondering if it's on purpose for some reason.

#4 9 years ago

Are you sure that there is not a ball sitting behind the door already when it happens?
If there is a ball already there behind the door, that ball is released into the castle playfield before the monkey drops the ball that is picked up.

#5 9 years ago

Well now I am confused. You are saying that if there already is a ball behind the door, that ball is released onto the playfield before the monkey drops another ball behind the door. On my machine if there already is a ball behind the door then to my knowledge (I could be wrong) I don't ever recall seeing one ball being released on the playfield while another is being dropped behind the door. Maybe it has happened and I did not notice. Thanks for the information.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from masterfx:

yes, and it is only happens about half the time. I'm just wondering if it's on purpose for some reason.

There is a soft foam strip at the landing point, is it intact?

#7 9 years ago

To be clear, there is no ball behind the door. I can fire up a new game and the winged monkey will drop the ball and it will stay behind the door. The next day I can get on and it will drop it and will bounce out. I have closely examined behind the door as the monkey brings it up and the wire thing or trigger wire behind the door actually locks and doesn't retract which makes the ball fall out. The next game it's just fine. This happens about half the time and varies from game to game. I'm just curious if anyone has experienced this. If no one has ever seen the ball fall out when dropped, I know I have an issue then. I just want to make sure for some odd reason the game isn't doing that on purpose for some reason.

#8 9 years ago

I have had the ball bounce out or I thought fall before it reached the top a number of times. It is a small percentage so I haven't investigated further. Will pay better attention in the future. This game rocks.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from masterfx:

To be clear, there is no ball behind the door. I can fire up a new game and the winged monkey will drop the ball and it will stay behind the door. The next day I can get on and it will drop it and will bounce out. I have closely examined behind the door as the monkey brings it up and the wire thing or trigger wire behind the door actually locks and doesn't retract which makes the ball fall out. The next game it's just fine. This happens about half the time and varies from game to game. I'm just curious if anyone has experienced this. If no one has ever seen the ball fall out when dropped, I know I have an issue then. I just want to make sure for some odd reason the game isn't doing that on purpose for some reason.

If the switch is not depressing/retracting then there is a mechanical problem like where the switch mounts under the castle playfield.

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

I've seen this as well and was just about to make a post when I found this one. I'd say it also happens for me about half of the time (and there is never another ball there).

#11 8 years ago

Mine bounces out about 1/2 of the time too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dorothy-money-capture-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.