Topic poll

“Which set would you prefer?”

• POTC Skull BLACK Left and BLACK Right 14 votes
    64%
  • POTC Skull BLACK Left and WHITE Right 1 vote
    5%
  • POTC Skull RED Left and BLUE Right 3 votes
    14%
  • Jack Sparrow Tattoo BLACK Left and East India Trading Company BLUE Right 2 votes
    9%
  • Jack Sparrow Tattoo RED Left and East India Trading Company BLUE Right 1 vote
    5%
  • Jolly Roger BLACK Left and BLACK Right 1 vote
    5%

(22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

spiderman-slings2.jpg
SMIDEA.jpg
ripleys-rough-ideas.jpg
IM_Drafts.jpg
Poll-Selections.jpg
POTC_sling.jpg
POTC-ALT-Slings.jpg
2012-10-20_08.13.20.jpg
2012-10-30_15.22.23.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisNordman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

Nice idea, stevedave, looks great. ANYTHING is better than the pixelated original plastics. The pirate flag is much more dramatic. However, to my eye, there is too much black and it doesn't fit with the rest of the game. You might try something like the sketch below. Maybe ocean waves instead of the blue?
Maybe you could turn the cannons toward the ship like HOOKED suggested. They could straddle the return lane with the front wheel on the sling plastic. Would be really cool if a red LED was sticking out the end of the cannon and it lit every time the ship was hit.

Dennis

POTC_sling.jpg

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from stevedave:

I love your ideas. I am limited to one color as they are laser etched into colored plastic. It's not screened onto clear plastic. I will have a couple options just need to get logistics finalized.
I plan on having red blue white and black available but not set yet

Ok, so how about this idea. Etch on black, cut the black plastic to the shape in my sketch, then glue that piece onto red or blue sling shaped plastic. I think that might work. If I had a POTC I'd buy it! I don't have any of my games. I just like to design.

#33 7 years ago

Thanks for the compliments, ralphwiggum. I had a POTC (and all my other games) but I sold them all. After 12 hour days of designing games, I didn't want to play pinball at home.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisNordman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside