Topic poll

“Which set would you prefer?”

• POTC Skull BLACK Left and BLACK Right 14 votes
    64%
  • POTC Skull BLACK Left and WHITE Right 1 vote
    5%
  • POTC Skull RED Left and BLUE Right 3 votes
    14%
  • Jack Sparrow Tattoo BLACK Left and East India Trading Company BLUE Right 2 votes
    9%
  • Jack Sparrow Tattoo RED Left and East India Trading Company BLUE Right 1 vote
    5%
  • Jolly Roger BLACK Left and BLACK Right 1 vote
    5%

(22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

spiderman-slings2.jpg
SMIDEA.jpg
ripleys-rough-ideas.jpg
IM_Drafts.jpg
Poll-Selections.jpg
POTC_sling.jpg
POTC-ALT-Slings.jpg
2012-10-20_08.13.20.jpg
2012-10-30_15.22.23.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Check out some alt. plastics for POTC.. I've got RBION and IM in the works.. Any suggestions?

Cost should be coming in at about $20 for a set, I'll post a proper for sale post when they are available in the Marketplace.

AFTER
2012-10-30_15.22.23.jpg

BEFORE
2012-10-20_08.13.20.jpg

Please select an option you want to see in the poll above.. Thanks!
Poll-Selections.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Beautiful! If you're selling, I'm buying!

#3 7 years ago

more ordering info will be coming soon. Hit me in PM if you are interested.

#4 7 years ago

turn those outlane cannons toward the ship

#5 7 years ago

Nice. Do they stand out a lot? Seems so from the pics because they are so black and game doesn't have solid blacks? Just curious from what I see in pic

#6 7 years ago

Put me on the list- looks way better than stock!
Thanks for your creative effort- finally an alternative.

#7 7 years ago

Can't wait to see the RBION plastics!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Nice. Do they stand out a lot? Seems so from the pics because they are so black and game doesn't have solid blacks? Just curious from what I see in pic

They don't overly stand out however the skulls illuminate nicely which is what I think makes it pop.

#9 7 years ago

POTC Designs

POTC-ALT-Slings.jpg

#10 7 years ago

Looks great but I agree with Jrivelli, I think Red or Blue might be better instead of the black which would blend in better with the other colors on the playfield.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Looks great but I agree with Jrivelli, I think Red or Blue might be better instead of the black which would blend in better with the other colors on the playfield.

I think you have a great idea. The black and white is reminiscent of an actual pirate flag.

There are lots of colors available. Blue, Red, White, Brown, Black, Mirrored.. etc..

#12 7 years ago

Excellent, I'm in for a red/white version. Red in place of the black with white skull as in your original picture. PM sent

#13 7 years ago

I like em all, great mods! Now if I only had a POTC......

#14 7 years ago

I think they look really cool, but would also like to see the original design in red (which matches the return lanes) or blue (which matches most of the game). Please let us know when they are available for sale...

#16 7 years ago

Great work.... wish I had a POTC

#17 7 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing other options, but pretty sure I will take a set just like those on your game. They look badass, and way cooler than those washed out stockers I have been staring at. Please pm me when these are available!

#18 7 years ago

Nice idea, stevedave, looks great. ANYTHING is better than the pixelated original plastics. The pirate flag is much more dramatic. However, to my eye, there is too much black and it doesn't fit with the rest of the game. You might try something like the sketch below. Maybe ocean waves instead of the blue?
Maybe you could turn the cannons toward the ship like HOOKED suggested. They could straddle the return lane with the front wheel on the sling plastic. Would be really cool if a red LED was sticking out the end of the cannon and it lit every time the ship was hit.

Dennis

POTC_sling.jpg

#19 7 years ago

My #1 suggestion for some cool alternate sling plastics is for Dracula. They are BORING and so many cool things could be done!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Nice idea, stevedave, looks great. ANYTHING is better than the pixelated original plastics. The pirate flag is much more dramatic. However, to my eye, there is too much black and it doesn't fit with the rest of the game. You might try something like the sketch below. Maybe ocean waves instead of the blue?
Maybe you could turn the cannons toward the ship like HOOKED suggested. They could straddle the return lane with the front wheel on the sling plastic. Would be really cool if a red LED was sticking out the end of the cannon and it lit every time the ship was hit.
Dennis

I love your ideas. I am limited to one color as they are laser etched into colored plastic. It's not screened onto clear plastic. I will have a couple options just need to get logistics finalized.

I plan on having red blue white and black available but not set yet

#21 7 years ago

To help me better understand what I should have made up. I added a POLL at the top of this post. Thanks for your help.

#22 7 years ago

wow, looks great.

looking forward to im

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from stevedave:

I love your ideas. I am limited to one color as they are laser etched into colored plastic. It's not screened onto clear plastic. I will have a couple options just need to get logistics finalized.
I plan on having red blue white and black available but not set yet

Ok, so how about this idea. Etch on black, cut the black plastic to the shape in my sketch, then glue that piece onto red or blue sling shaped plastic. I think that might work. If I had a POTC I'd buy it! I don't have any of my games. I just like to design.

#24 7 years ago

Ok, so how about this idea. Etch on black, cut the black plastic to the shape in my sketch, then glue that piece onto red or blue sling shaped plastic. I think that might work. If I had a POTC I'd buy it! I don't have any of my games. I just like to design.

Super idea. I'll have to test that out!

#25 7 years ago

What about those flippers? Where did you get those?

BTW, I like the slings in your first pick (the black ones)

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

What about those flippers? Where did you get those?
BTW, I like the slings in your first pick (the black ones)

Those are Bony Beast flipper bats from SS. The ones pictured I got gifted to me from a fellow Pinsider.. FORBELSOP..

#27 7 years ago

If I had a POTC I'd buy it! I don't have any of my games. I just like to design.

That's funny, I have had (and love) all of your games and I don't like to design.... Anytime you make the trip to Southern Wisconsin, shoot me a message, we will get you back on a nice POTC...

#28 7 years ago

wow, looks great.
looking forward to im

Initial ideas for IM. Will be on Mirrored Red.. I still need a scan of the IM Slings.. so if anybody can hook me up.. PM me!

IM_Drafts.jpg

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from stevedave:

Those are Bony Beast flipper bats from SS. The ones pictured I got gifted to me from a fellow Pinsider.. FORBELSOP..

They fit the theme perfectly (and look factory)....I think I know what I'll be adding next

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from stevedave:

Check out some alt. plastics for POTC.. I've got RBION and IM in the works.. Any suggestions?

I don't know how you are going to do RBION. There are so few options when it comes to theme specific art IMO. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

#31 7 years ago

I have a question...you're saying these are "etched".... do you mean they're holes completely through the plastic, or only the top thin layer of the plastic is colored and the base is transparent? I was wondering about this with the speaker grille designs as well...seemed like if they were cut all the way through there would be plastic suspended in mid-air with the Tron disc design. LOL.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I have a question...you're saying these are "etched".... do you mean they're holes completely through the plastic, or only the top thin layer of the plastic is colored and the base is transparent? I was wondering about this with the speaker grille designs as well...seemed like if they were cut all the way through there would be plastic suspended in mid-air with the Tron disc design. LOL.

The Plastic is layered. Black layer on top and white underneath. A laser etches through the black layer exposing the white. It is one solid piece of plastic. If anyone has seen BAC Spiderman alt plastics its exactly the same.

#33 7 years ago

Thanks for the compliments, ralphwiggum. I had a POTC (and all my other games) but I sold them all. After 12 hour days of designing games, I didn't want to play pinball at home.

#34 7 years ago

I don't know how you are going to do RBION. There are so few options when it comes to theme specific art IMO. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

SUPER Rough ideas..

ripleys-rough-ideas.jpg

#35 7 years ago

I know where your prototype POTC treasure chest is (displayed in my game room)

#36 7 years ago

does anybody think a set of TRON that has image of the DISC which would be back lit by the bulbs in the slings would be cool? could put orange LEDs under one, blue under the other.. just a thought.

#37 7 years ago

Anybody like these? BAC split spider is nice and clean and really cool but variety is the spice of life.

SMIDEA.jpg

or a nod to the split look
spiderman-slings2.jpg

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Can't wait to see the RBION plastics!

count me in on the interested party list

1 year later
#39 6 years ago

Anyone have a set of the POTC plastics for sale?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside