7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi Folks,

I was part-way through a game on my Doozie, when suddenly - a loud buzzing from the backbox. Switched off. The coil on the Match Unit is the culprit - remains energized whenever the game is switched on. Which seems a bit odd. I can step the Match Unit manually, all seems OK, with the coil core moving in and out of the coil. I tried switching the Match Unit Switch to "OFF" - but the coil is still energized. Any suggestions most welcome. I do have the schematic. Thanks!

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Otaku - that's given me some things to check tomorrow. Don't quite understand all of what you've written yet (but I know a lot more now than I did before I read your post!). I'll start with a 'stuck playfield switch' as I did have a problem with stuck switches very recently, and the fact that the problem arose mid-game while the ball was bouncing around the playfield suggests that would be a good place to start. If no luck with that, I'll try checking relays. By the way - the Match Unit should have a bell attached (the striker is there) but the bell is currently missing. Thanks again for your input - much appreciated.

#4 7 years ago

Fixed it. Thanks again, Otaku. One of the posts had become loose due to poor fixing in playfield. (There are two holes- one good, one weak - needs filling, and last time I took the post out I re-screwed it into the wrong hole.) It was leaning, changing the position of the rubber which had then closed the switch. I checked them all just a few days ago, but the problem had happened since then, probably when the ball gave it a hefty whack. The game is playing perfectly but I really do need to stop playing it and give everything a close check-over. I know that one of the coils needs attention, the switches all need gentle cleaning, etc. And I have to manually advance the credit wheel to put credits on - so it's now time for me to make a free-play arrangement. I intend to take out the baseboard soon and clean it all up. I'm learning a lot with this machine!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
Various other swag
$ 64.50
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doozie-coil-wont-quit?tu=oldtowner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.