You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doozieFob2 copy 2-min (resized).JPG
doozielabel1a (resized).JPG
doozielabel1 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Back working on the very dirty Doozie that I bought a year ago. Original post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-doozie-1968-needs-work#post-3016139

Latest video (Part 3) now on YouTube:

1 week later
#2 7 years ago

New video now on YouTube:

#3 7 years ago

Nicely done! Enjoyed the video!

#4 7 years ago

Thanks Jodini. I've now discovered that repros of all of those labels are available as downloads, so I'll be printing those out soon. The next video (no. 4 - out of sequence) will be mostly about the cheap-and-quick repro backglass that I made, so that I have something to look at while playing the game - until such time as I restore the original backglass, which is packed away.

#6 7 years ago

Excellent presentation and fantastic work on cleaning up your Doozie! I've always been attracted this machine since the car on the backglass has some similar traits as an MGA.

Thanks for sharing your project!
Brad

#7 7 years ago

Thanks Ken - the new labels will certainly make a difference! (Sample below.)

doozielabel1 (resized).JPGdoozielabel1 (resized).JPG

doozielabel1a (resized).JPGdoozielabel1a (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

Hi Bek - yes, the car's nice. Not so sure about the bike - I would rather it had been a Lambretta scooter - which I was riding in 1968, when the Doozie was made. Maybe I'll make a cheapie paper-image back glass with custom revised artwork some day!

doozieFob2 copy 2-min (resized).JPGdoozieFob2 copy 2-min (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#9 7 years ago

Here's another part of the video:

#10 7 years ago

No one spotted the 'deliberate' mistake yet?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

No one spotted the 'deliberate' mistake yet?

There should be purple in the lower area, and at the top. You have a more of a pink colour.

You did all that work, you could of put the steering wheel on the right side of the car as well.

#12 7 years ago

Yeah, I changed the colour somewhat - but that wasn't a mistake, just a preference. Re: car steering wheel - hmmm - I might do that, if I change the motorbike for a scooter. The mistake was- I put the Ball in Play numbers in the wrong order (descending instead of ascending). See the last video. That's now been fixed.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

The mistake was- I put the Ball in Play numbers in the wrong order (descending instead of ascending)

So it appeared it was counting down, instead of up. No one would of noticed it besides you.

#14 7 years ago

And it wasn't always wrong - the "3" was correct..........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doozie-1968-cleaning-up-nicely and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.