(Topic ID: 186995)

Doorbell club....(knock before entering)

By dothedoo

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doorbell02 (resized).jpg
    HeartsDaffie (resized).jpg
    doorbell01 (resized).jpg
    P_20170226_094440 (resized).jpg
    P_20170227_112108 (resized).jpg
    Top Hand Doorbell (resized).jpg
    doorbellclub.jpg
    doorbell.jpg
    whoAreYou.gif
    IMG_1951 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_9174 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0233 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Many of us have brought a game home with a doorbell button wired to a coin switch. Let's see whatcha got.

IMG_0233 (resized).JPGIMG_0233 (resized).JPG

Just for fun I decided to wire in a functional doorbell.

IMG_9174 (resized).JPGIMG_9174 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

I would like to join the club but don't have a doorbell machine.

#4 7 years ago

A friend sent me this pic from an auction. IMG_1951 (resized).JPGIMG_1951 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

Where do I buy this mod?

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

whoAreYou.gifwhoAreYou.gif

Also...

doorbell.jpgdoorbell.jpg

^^^There's mine.

doorbellclub.jpgdoorbellclub.jpg

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Many of us have brought a game home with a doorbell button wired to a coin switch. Let's see whatcha got.

Just for fun I decided to wire in a functional doorbell.

Hey there, Dothedoo, that looks like a bit of a beater cab you have that doorbell attached to. If you are running out of space and need a bit more room I'd take that beater off of your hands as I am looking for a project pin

#8 7 years ago

I like the idea of wiring it to an actual doorbell!

Top Hand Doorbell (resized).jpgTop Hand Doorbell (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

no actual doorbell, but a egnition lock and a credit button!

to mutch trouble to set it to freeplay in the menue, lets just drill a hole and place an creditbutton!

P_20170227_112108 (resized).jpgP_20170227_112108 (resized).jpg

P_20170226_094440 (resized).jpgP_20170226_094440 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Me too. I don't know how I've missed out on all of this cleverness.

I used to have a ChiCoin game with a doorbell for chimes but that was a factory hack.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

no actual doorbell, but a egnition lock and a credit button!
    to mutch trouble to set it to freeplay in the menue, lets just drill a hole and place an creditbutton!

Wow, that's kinda sad. Bet the guy was real proud of his work too.

#12 7 years ago

LOL! I can't recall if I've ever encountered the doorbell button but if I had it probably would have been removed without much thought. I think my favorite so far is the contemporary doorbell button because it just looks so incredibly out of place.

Star Trek is just sad since the game already supports free play. If the guy would have only invested a fraction of the time reading the manual....

#13 7 years ago

Do games with doorbell chimes (instead of a standard chime box) count?

My Chicago Coin Hollywood has a doorbell as its chime unit. Looks stock, but can't be sure. I'd attach a photo, but the game is currently packed away.

#14 7 years ago

I believe Chicago Coin used actual doorbell chimes/parts in their machines. When I used to play my old Top Ten the dog would bark and my wife would ask who's here?

I know I have seen more than once a machine with a small hole drilled with a string hanging out of it. You'd pull the string to add credits. The doorbell mod is an upgrade from that.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

When I used to play my old Top Ten the dog would bark and my wife would ask who's here?

*LOL*

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I believe Chicago Coin used actual doorbell chimes/parts in their machines. When I used to play my old Top Ten the dog would bark and my wife would ask who's here?

Just read this to my wife and mom-in-law and wifey wants to know if all this was actually true.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just read this to my wife and mom-in-law and wifey wants to know if all this was actually true.

Yes, Chicago Coin used a single Doorbell chime in some of their pins.

#19 6 years ago

Front door 100 points, back door 10 points.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

newlondon.craigslist.org link

Here's the pic from that ad. Great doorbells guys, keep em coming.

doorbell01 (resized).jpgdoorbell01 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Partly, I didn't have my dog back then. But it sounded just like our doorbell and my wife did ask if someone was here.

Years later my doorbell quit working. I opened it and was like, no wonder it broke it was built using Chicago Coin parts.

4 weeks later
    #22 6 years ago

Today I renewed my doorbell club membership. Times two...

Just picked up these two. It's been a few weeks since I have had any pins set up and playable. Grateful to have them.

HeartsDaffie (resized).jpgHeartsDaffie (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #23 6 years ago

You buy this game from TNT....you get a doorbell.

doorbell02 (resized).jpgdoorbell02 (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

I've had them mounted underneath the lower cabinet so when you slide the game in the back of the truck the tailgate just rips it right off which makes it pretty convenient when it comes to removing it......LOL.

John

6 months later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doorbell-clubknock-before-entering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.