4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by donjagra
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi,

How wide does a door need to be to get an average size pinball thru? My downstairs has a pretty small doorway unfortunately?

Thanks,
    Jason

#2 4 years ago

29.75" is bare minimum. My door to the basement was that, so I had it widened by removing the door frame and installing a bi-fold at the top. It's now over 33" and that made all the difference in the world.

#3 4 years ago

Jason, unfortunately that's been my case too so I behead them. The plus side is it's a few pounds lighter going up and down and you really think about what games you're bringing home to keep. Jalpert's fix is a great idea.

#4 4 years ago

Just measured, the width is 32" so guess I should be ok. Are any machines bigger than 32?

#5 4 years ago

There may be a few but that would be an exception that isn't worth being worried about. Another option, if you have a friend with you and some casters, is to unbolt the head and rotate it so it fits thru the doorway. This way you don't have to undo all the connectors.

#6 4 years ago

At my old house, I had 30 inch doorways. I used to have to take the door down and carefully slide the games in. The only game I remember having to turn the head was Hyperball. When I built my current house, I made EVERY door in the house 36 inches.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

29.75" is bare minimum.

My basement doorway is super narrow. (27.5 inches). I got five machines down by removing the door, and twisting the head slightly like SealClubber said. Not ideal at all, but for future reference it can be done with no damage. I would love to have the frame widened to make it easier however.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Menator:

Just measured, the width is 32" so guess I should be ok. Are any machines bigger than 32?

The back glass part of my WOZ is 28 3/4 inches from edge to edge (the recent Sterns appear to be 27 3/4). My doorways are approximately 29 1/2, with out having to take the door off. It is a close fit moving the WOZ to a different room but no major problems.

#9 4 years ago

WOZ fit through my second story gameroom door with 1/4 inch on either side...it was a giant PITA to get it lined up properly

#10 4 years ago

30 inches will suffice for almost all games

I think early system 11 like high speed are wider.

Wpcs are a little under 29.

As has been said unbolt/hinge the head and you can twist to get them in. This works well and after you do it a couple times it's eAsy to do on the reg.

#11 4 years ago

I just moved a stern TSPP 27.75" wide through a 28" door. So some pins are narrow enough to fit 28".

#12 4 years ago

Thanks all for the info, now I know I can get a pin down there, hopefully in next couple months

#13 4 years ago

I found the older Williams games around Firepower too wide, maybe 31".
    Unfortunately my doorways were 29 1/2". Did the rotate thing and it went ok.

#14 4 years ago

Time machine has a 30" box. That didn't go so well with my 30" doorframe. Had to take a lot of trim off the door to make that work. It left a mark.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 49.95
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside