Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 364 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46A5B826-B3D2-4724-8B83-9680054329C3 (resized).jpeg
    ABE7B87E-2850-46E5-BCD0-FE1B9EF7B639 (resized).jpeg
    68142CE3-D7F5-497F-8F73-5510FFD74A9C (resized).jpeg
    734BF3BB-596B-476C-B779-C80DE3C0D34D (resized).jpeg
    C0D445DE-F63D-4C2F-99FC-065682A99989 (resized).jpeg
    07DF7A02-9046-429B-BD89-B3BCD42B870E (resized).jpeg
    D4E7A471-48E5-456A-BF60-06EC472ABB89 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0044 (resized).JPG
    mis (resized).jpg
    IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1213 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1214 (resized).JPG
    There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

What other games have done a screaming fast design like that? I love the idea of the wireform just dumping it to the flippers without it slowing down.

High Speed, Twister and Monopoly are three that come to mind that do the wireform dumping into an open area, but this game just looks brutal, and it fits the theme perfectly.

Can't wait to play this at Expo!

#202 7 years ago

I just bought Doom on Steam the other day. Loving the out of control monster spawning. It definitely moved back into the category of fast-paced "blow shit up" vs survival horror, but ID also managed to do it in a way that still requires strategy - Mainly that you can't stay put or you'll die, and you've gotta be good about your ammo.

This layout looks like it is going to be similar in pace. A think a cool idea for a pin like this would be some sorta timer that prevents you from taking your time with shots or holding a ball too long, not just a mode/score timer. Flipper hold > 5 seconds = flippers/lights off + death sound

You should also put a microphone on the game so the high-scorer can record a sound sample that plays back and gets used in the game as a taunt.

#203 7 years ago

I was going to say Twister as well. First time I played it I hit the ramp which returns it screaming to the left flipper. Got caught watching the DMD, thinking it was like most normal wireforms where it slows the ball down before dropping it, and it drained on me before I even knew what happened. Made me pay attention more for the remainder of the game.

#204 7 years ago

Sick! Nice work man!

#205 7 years ago

I would trade my whole collection for this game! Awesome job!!!!!! You need a running chainsaw toy on the playfield!

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

I would trade my whole collection for this game! Awesome job!!!!!! You need a running chainsaw toy on the playfield!

I know right. ill see what I can do about that. but it wont make it on there before expo

#207 7 years ago

a few progress pics and a view under the playfield

IMG_1344 (resized).JPGIMG_1344 (resized).JPG

IMG_1346 (resized).JPGIMG_1346 (resized).JPG

IMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPG

#208 7 years ago

still a bunch of mechs to make before it gets loaded up for expo on Thursday. Its going to be close. And hopefully the rest of the art arrives in time to get installed

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

still a bunch of mechs to make before it gets loaded up for expo on Thursday. Its going to be close. And hopefully the rest of the art arrives in time to get installed

Jealous of your extra work days! I start the drive Tuesday morning.

Looking forward to playing this. I'll be working on my first wireforms tomorrow following your guidance.

Don't forget to sleep!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#210 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

a few progress pics and a view under the playfield

That looks f$%king insane...I wish I could be there to play it. Well done.

#211 7 years ago

Pretty sure I'm more excited to see this pin than anything else at expo. The metal work is most impressive!

#212 7 years ago

Any video of it in action?!

#213 7 years ago

Matts game is awesome. Matt is awesome. It wasn't as done as he would have liked by show time, but it's still great.

#214 7 years ago

Honestly this game has some of the best ramps on a pinball game ever . Very fun to shoot , can't wait to see how it progresses with the rules . I think Matt said he did not sleep for a few days to have this game ready to bring to expo . Thank you so much for bringing it ,one the highlights of expo for me .

#215 7 years ago

Thanks Guys

#216 7 years ago

Got a chance to play Matt's Doom. Sweet pin! Matt's attention to detail with the metal ramps and wireforms is impressive. Thanks for bringing it.
    Wally

#217 7 years ago

I will post a video when I get it a bit further along on rules because right now there are none and a video would just show that the game has flow to it and nothing else. So after I get a bit of rest ill get back to it and really show how I want this pin to be. really pretty upset that I didn't get to making the upper playfield functional and the rest of the sculpts completed before showing publicly but ill get there Nothing but time now since expo is over

#218 7 years ago

Had fun playing this game this weekend, loved the flow and the style

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

[R]eally pretty upset that I didn't get to making the upper playfield functional and the rest of the sculpts completed before showing publicly but ill get there Nothing but time now since expo is over

Take your time and do it right.
    Looking forward to seeing this at TPF'2017 in March with Buffy.

#221 7 years ago

How is there no Doom footage from Expo here? It is the one thing I was waiting to see

#222 7 years ago

Great job as usual Matt. Game looked great and was fun to shoot. Can't wait for next year with some more rules and animations.

#223 7 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

How is there no Doom footage from Expo here? It is the one thing I was waiting to see

To be honest the machine really wasn't ready for play and it only had basic functionality

#224 7 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Great job as usual Matt. Game looked great and was fun to shoot. Can't wait for next year with some more rules and animations.

Thanks Scott. Still so many things I'm going to add to it.

#225 7 years ago

The models and toys are hand sculpted, molded and cast Not 3d printed Just correcting a podcast that said they are 3d printed

1 week later
    #226 7 years ago

still working hard on the machine. mostly software at the moment and about to start prepping to help a fellow builder get some ramps and wireforms built

#227 7 years ago

This looks amazing! I hope to play it someday!

2 weeks later
    #228 7 years ago

Doom will be making the trip to Texas for TPF

#229 7 years ago

HAWT DARN!
    <dancing a jig>

I'm SO happy to hear that.
    Looking forward to hanging with you sir!

1 week later
    #230 7 years ago

Very cool. Can't wait to experience those inlanes.

#231 7 years ago

Looks like I get to play some more dooooommmmmm!

#232 7 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Looks like I get to play some more dooooommmmmm!

your heading to TPF. Nice

1 month later
    #233 7 years ago

Great effort...wow...

2 weeks later
    #234 7 years ago

Sweet Looking forward to TPF even more now!

2 weeks later
    #235 7 years ago

Doom pinball comp3 (resized).pngDoom pinball comp3 (resized).png

#236 7 years ago

SPOOKY!
    Please make a DOOM game!

#238 7 years ago

A dream theme for me like so many others who loved playing DOOM in the 90s.
    Looks great!
    Can't wait to see some vids.

#239 7 years ago

Not sure how I missed this thread until now, but you have created a custom game that I would actually want to own. Great job!!

#240 7 years ago

incredible! Nice work. wow!

#243 7 years ago

here is some stuff ive been working on New Trough design and a skull for the back wall of the gameIMG_1541 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPGIMG_1550 (resized).JPGIMG_1550 (resized).JPGIMG_1551 (resized).JPGIMG_1551 (resized).JPGIMG_1555 (resized).JPGIMG_1555 (resized).JPG

#244 7 years ago

and just about finished with the skull and background still need to go over with the airbrush and maybe a clear flat coat to kill the gloss

image2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPG

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

#245 7 years ago

and a few more toys and decorations ready to be installed (not 3d Printed)

image1 (1) (resized).JPGimage1 (1) (resized).JPG

rock (resized).pngrock (resized).png

#246 7 years ago

and I'm out of silicone drat

#247 7 years ago

I'm really digging all the sculptures.
    Really looking forward to seeing this hellhole in person.

#248 7 years ago

Thanks Zitt. ive got a few more fresh molds ready to pour. Hope I can get them cast tonight and ready to install

#249 7 years ago

working on the exploding barrels and decorative wall for the pop area now

#250 7 years ago

Those sculptures look fantastic!

There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doom-custom-pinball-machine/page/5?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.