Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 364 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46A5B826-B3D2-4724-8B83-9680054329C3 (resized).jpeg
    ABE7B87E-2850-46E5-BCD0-FE1B9EF7B639 (resized).jpeg
    68142CE3-D7F5-497F-8F73-5510FFD74A9C (resized).jpeg
    734BF3BB-596B-476C-B779-C80DE3C0D34D (resized).jpeg
    C0D445DE-F63D-4C2F-99FC-065682A99989 (resized).jpeg
    07DF7A02-9046-429B-BD89-B3BCD42B870E (resized).jpeg
    D4E7A471-48E5-456A-BF60-06EC472ABB89 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0044 (resized).JPG
    mis (resized).jpg
    IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1213 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1214 (resized).JPG
    There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Amazing work! Being it to expo please!

It will be there in the Multimorphic/P-roc booth along with lots of other custom built and rethemed games

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Can you get the BFG? please tell me you can get the BFG

That's the plan. Let's see how far I get on the rules and software before expo. It will most likely be very basic this year though

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Well, this looks awesome

Thanks Jay

#154 7 years ago

I love the orange! Never seen anything like it on a pin before. Looking at it says "fast". "Brutal". *sound of a chainsaw going through demon flesh*

#155 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

ive been testing the sounds a lot lately, It will have a bit of doom 2016 music. Trying to find something from the games i can use for callouts. If its all just original doom it would end up being tons of screaming and snarling with gunfire. you would think that's an awesome combination but it gets annoying fast on a pinball machine

Just make sure you use the explosion sound and the death sound from the original.

#156 7 years ago

This is really impressive work. I don't know how you DIY pin builders do this stuff. Even if I had all the free time in the world, the money, and the tools, I'd end up with an ugly nasty ass mess of wires and mechs nailed to a board that would catch fire.

#157 7 years ago

I like the orange, too. I can't think of any particular reason other than it just looks cool.

#158 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I'd end up with an ugly nasty ass mess of wires and mechs nailed to a board that would catch fire.

First tip, use screws not nails

#159 7 years ago

Wow, this is really impressive. Look forward to seeing the progress!

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

ive been testing the sounds a lot lately, It will have a bit of doom 2016 music. Trying to find something from the games i can use for callouts. If its all just original doom it would end up being tons of screaming and snarling with gunfire. you would think that's an awesome combination but it gets annoying fast on a pinball machine

Are you using any of the classic DOOM music? There are a lot of excellent modern rock/metal remixes out there that would fit perfectly with the machine. I know there's the Sonic Clang cover of every Episode 1 tune, used in the "Classic DOOM 3" mod for DOOM 3. I've heard quite a few more modern remixes as well that sound badass.

#161 7 years ago

Hey BV69
    That is really lookin' good. Impressive combination of ramps both above and below. See you at Expo.
    Wally

#162 7 years ago

This game is ridiculous in the best possible ways. What an accomplishment, congrats. Can't wait to see gameplay.

#163 7 years ago

This Is super sick, looking forward to seeing more of it, keep up the good work! Someone had to make a doom pinball machine!

#165 7 years ago

Just wanted to mention I love the lack of shooter lane. Very smart. Seems pointless to have all that real-estate used up if you aren't going to have a plunger-based skill shot.

For a non-wide body, it would open up a lot of free space for a custom pin. You loose space from the lane itself, and the rails. Gotta be like 3" at least there. A lot can be done with that.

#166 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Just wanted to mention I love the lack of shooter lane. Very smart. Seems pointless to have all that real-estate used up if you aren't going to have a plunger-based skill shot.
    For a non-wide body, it would open up a lot of free space for a custom pin. You loose space from the lane itself, and the rails. Gotta be like 3" at least there. A lot can be done with that.

I had a similar thought on my last whitewood:
    IMG_20150628_192927 (resized).jpgIMG_20150628_192927 (resized).jpgIMG_20150327_183602 (resized).jpgIMG_20150327_183602 (resized).jpg

I wanted a more open area between the slings, and wider lanes, so the shooter lane got thrown out early on, and I just shoot the ball up through the outlane (as I later discovered, similar to SST). To get even more space, I also got rid of the wooden rails on the sides, and just used thinner metal walls everywhere. In some places a curved wall goes within mm of the edge of the playfield.

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Now that you mention it, where does the ball get launched from?

#168 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Now that you mention it, where does the ball get launched from?

It get's launched via an upwards facing (love that) scoop halfway up the right side, around the loop (like on Getaway) to the upper flipper, if I understand correctly. Probably the only game with a 'reverse' subway?

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I had a similar thought on my last whitewood:

I wanted a more open area between the slings, and wider lanes, so the shooter lane got thrown out early on, and I just shoot the ball up through the outlane (as I later discovered, similar to SST). To get even more space, I also got rid of the wooden rails on the sides, and just used thinner metal walls everywhere. In some places a curved wall goes within mm of the edge of the playfield.

Interesting design

#170 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Interesting design

You're welcome to come down and try it out sometime I didn't even mention how the outlanes work...

#172 7 years ago

Great project!

If you are looking for Doom sound tracks, consider using the ones for the 3DO version of Doom. They have awesome electric guitar and good drums, and music-wise are, in my opinion the best of the Doom series. This version may not have had the frame rate, but the sounds

For instance, jump to minute 20 and listen to this level, or go to 1hr:59min and listen to that level at the link below:

Pinball T-shirts and more: http://www.ArcadeMade.com

#173 7 years ago

Man those are some steep dangerous ramps! Knowing you, Id guess you have overpowered coils for those flippers Great metal work!
    Very cool design, have you started the software yet? Its going to be a real treat playing my nightmare at Expo. Doom was some serious stuff back in the day.

Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Making progress on the mini playfield Made the door mech was kind of a pain but works great

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Probably the only game with a 'reverse' subway?

P^3 launches balls from the back of the playfield, so it has to have some type of 'reverse' subway to send the balls to the back after they drain.

#175 7 years ago

I am not ready to reveal how my trough system works yet. But I will say it's fully custom

#176 7 years ago

They actual aren't too steep but they are long which is just as dangerous. Can be easily made even if it rides the wall all the way up. And yes strong coils. Why get weak ones when you have so much control over the pulse times. It has a little software done. But still need to do a ton of work before expo. Want to help. Haha

#177 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

I am not ready to reveal how my trough system works yet. But I will say it's fully custom

What on this game isn't fully custom? I heard you even molded your own bobbins, wound your own coils, and extruded your own acrylic. I'm still amazed you wove your own stranded wires!

- Gerry

#178 7 years ago

Pfft. Shooter lanes

#179 7 years ago

I use cell cast thank you. Lol

#180 7 years ago

... and please stop asking for the transistor layout of the P-ROC FPGA. We don't make the chips, we just program them.

- Gerry

#181 7 years ago

You need a BFG9000 mode with a giant green ball

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

There will be art on clear plastics and the orange will be in the back to give that doom orange fiery glow where it cant take away from the scene as much Some people like it and some people hate the orange. Feedback only helps me make the game better. Thanks for your opinion

Why not make a plastic that has flames designs on it and put it in the back? You can light it with orange LEDs to bring out that orange glow while having a visual look of flames? I think the plastics can really bring out the creativity in a game and a nice design on the plastics would go a long way. Having plain orange plastics seems kind of "meh" to me and looks unfinished.

That's just my opinion and I'm not hating on the game at all, I love what you're doing. But some nice custom plastics would be boss.

#183 7 years ago

I have a design in place for flames already.

#184 7 years ago

Sounds like it's going to be.......

CSI (resized).pngCSI (resized).png

...hot

#185 7 years ago

Your metalwork, makes me jealous

#186 7 years ago

Wow, can't wait to see this baby in action.

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from BloodyCactus:

Your metalwork, makes me jealous

That is not my intention Thanks

#188 7 years ago

Everyone has said it already, but this is seriously impressive. Great job!

#189 7 years ago

Looking forward to video of it in action. Fantastic job!

#190 7 years ago

Not installed yet but just picked up ramps and other parts from Back Alley Creations. Excellent powder coating job. Thanks Matt

IMG_1330 (resized).JPGIMG_1330 (resized).JPG

IMG_1331 (resized).JPGIMG_1331 (resized).JPG

#191 7 years ago

Crazy Awesome!

#192 7 years ago

Does the face between flippers gets injured everything a ball drains like in the computer game?

#193 7 years ago

Damn , that game is hot !!

want ....must have ......!

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Does the face between flippers gets injured everything a ball drains like in the computer game?

That's the 'god mode' version of the head with the glowing eyes. Ball save & shoot again.

#196 7 years ago

Bad ass!

#197 7 years ago

Awesome! Can't say it enough AWESOME!

#198 7 years ago

The cabinet art reminds me of one my favorite album covers (in a good way). Looking forward to seeing this in person at Expo.

5055006501117 (resized).jpg5055006501117 (resized).jpg

#199 7 years ago

Damn, it looks like the left wireform guide makes the ball come screaming back at the left flipper. The player better be ready when they make that ramp for a quick return. I love it.

Edit: The ride side too, didn't see that at first.

#200 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

Damn, it looks like the left wireform guide makes the ball come screaming back at the left flipper. The player better be ready when they make that ramp for a quick return. I love it.
    Edit: The ride side too, didn't see that at first.

What other games have done a screaming fast design like that? I love the idea of the wireform just dumping it to the flippers without it slowing down.
    Big Guns does is, except it is to the slings and not the inlanes.

There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doom-custom-pinball-machine/page/4?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.