Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 364 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

46A5B826-B3D2-4724-8B83-9680054329C3 (resized).jpeg
    ABE7B87E-2850-46E5-BCD0-FE1B9EF7B639 (resized).jpeg
    68142CE3-D7F5-497F-8F73-5510FFD74A9C (resized).jpeg
    734BF3BB-596B-476C-B779-C80DE3C0D34D (resized).jpeg
    C0D445DE-F63D-4C2F-99FC-065682A99989 (resized).jpeg
    07DF7A02-9046-429B-BD89-B3BCD42B870E (resized).jpeg
    D4E7A471-48E5-456A-BF60-06EC472ABB89 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0044 (resized).JPG
    mis (resized).jpg
    IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1213 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1214 (resized).JPG
    There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 7 years ago

This looks awesome! Expo is going to be so fun!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#102 7 years ago

We've mostly been tucked away in a Slack channel goofing around

#103 7 years ago

This looks amazing. Doom was my favorite game growing up as a kid, hopefully this makes the rounds at shows and I can check it out eventually! Outstanding work!

#104 7 years ago

Love the 90s video game vibe.

There are so many of us in our 30s and 40s with a lot of nostalgia that hasn't been effectively leveraged by Stern.

They've done some good stuff lately with the throwback GB license and modern EMs like Woah Nellie and Pabst.

However, there are some retro themes that I think would be home runs with pinheads and fanboys, like He-Man, GI Joe, Sonic/Super Mario... basically all those video games, comics, movies, and toys that many of us relate to from our childhoods.

Dutch did it with Lebowski. RZ from Spooky is pulling on the 90s nostalgia strings. Alien from Heighway, very 90s.

More throwback to my youth!

#105 7 years ago

When people are making better games by themselves than Stern...

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from dfsays:

Love the 90s video game vibe.
    There are so many of us in our 30s and 40s with a lot of nostalgia that hasn't been effectively leveraged by Stern.
    They've done some good stuff lately with the throwback GB license and modern EMs like Woah Nellie and Pabst.
    However, there are some retro themes that I think would be home runs with pinheads and fanboys, like He-Man, GI Joe, Sonic/Super Mario... basically all those video games, comics, movies, and toys that many of us relate to from our childhoods.
    Dutch did it with Lebowski. RZ from Spooky is pulling on the 90s nostalgia strings. Alien from Heighway, very 90s.
    More throwback to my youth!

A mate of mine just picked up a very tidy super mario pin. I'm not sure but it might be the only one in the country. I think its an awesome game

#107 7 years ago

Amazing looking game!

Perfect timing with the Doom 2016 game finally cracked (after many months of people saying that it was impossible).

Can't wait to see some gameplay

#108 7 years ago

Holy sweet crap, this looks amazing!!!

#109 7 years ago

Awesome layout. I wanna play it bad.

#110 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

#111 7 years ago

One thing that's tough about sculpting the demons from the original doom. Is what to do with detail and how detailed to get.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#112 7 years ago

Id say you nailed it.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

One thing that's tough about sculpting the demons from the original doom. Is what to do with detail and how detailed to get.

I'd say you are 10000x more detailed......

PCW_2 (resized).jpgPCW_2 (resized).jpg

#114 7 years ago

Dude, that's awesome! Doom was such a groundbreaking game back in the day. Lost a chunk of my youth playing that game. Layout looks killer. That's gotta be a blast to play with all the Doom music/sounds. Super cool if there could be a video mode with legit Doom gameplay. Well done!

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Amazing looking game!
    Perfect timing with the Doom 2016 game finally cracked (after many months of people saying that it was impossible).
    Can't wait to see some gameplay

It's a fun game too. I've only played the first couple levels, but it's a lot more fun than I was expecting.

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'd say you are 10000x more detailed......

That is an imp and not a demon.

But point taken.

#117 7 years ago

Love the ramp geometry. I drew up a return without ends for the game I'm working on, but had them go to the top of the inlane. Your returns look awesome!

Link for proximity switches?

#118 7 years ago

I can help paint those demons for you. I'll do it for free.

#119 7 years ago

I was going to ask where the rocket jump is... but then I remembered that was added in Quake not Doom.
    You adding a flame thrower for those fireballs?
    Where's the red mars sand?

I wish I was going to Expo... but wont because of the lead organizer... so I'll just have to hope that Mr Gerry will convince you to bring it down for his first Proc TPF booth.

#120 7 years ago

What a sweet looking playfield / layout - great work.

I love the top left ramp that does a half loop down, and looks like a real fast feed to the main flippers and the top playfield is a cool design.

since no shooter lane are the balls launched from the lhs mid playfield to the flippers?

#121 7 years ago

Just for fun my last game Deadpin in development Well right before powdercoat I sure do love the metal parts

DeadPinBpow (resized).jpgDeadPinBpow (resized).jpg

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

I can help paint those demons for you. I'll do it for free.

Just looked at your work. Very nice man

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I was going to ask where the rocket jump is... but then I remembered that was added in Quake not Doom.
    You adding a flame thrower for those fireballs?
    Where's the red mars sand?
    I wish I was going to Expo... but wont because of the lead organizer... so I'll just have to hope that Mr Gerry will convince you to bring it down for his first Proc TPF booth.

That's a show I'm interested in attending in the future for sure. Hear great things about it

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

What a sweet looking playfield / layout - great work.
    I love the top left ramp that does a half loop down, and looks like a real fast feed to the main flippers and the top playfield is a cool design.
    since no shooter lane are the balls launched from the lhs mid playfield to the flippers?

Its launched from the mid right side into the loop then goes around to the 3rd flipper took forever it seemed to get it to work reliably

#125 7 years ago

Awesome looking game(s)! Following!

#126 7 years ago

I can play test any or all of these if you want.

Not sure where monee is though.

#127 7 years ago

LOOOOOOOVE to see some video soon.
    Some really talented people out there in pinball land.

#128 7 years ago

I have been planning to try and make a Might and Magic pinball actually, but maybe i should leave that idea to you instead?

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bonnevil69:

We've mostly been tucked away in a Slack channel goofing around

And then some

#130 7 years ago

Looks like Hell.

(Pun!!)

Can't wait to see it in person. Incredible!

#131 7 years ago

Making progress on the mini playfield Made the door mech was kind of a pain but works great

IMG_1314 (resized).JPGIMG_1314 (resized).JPG

#132 7 years ago

Looks like a great game. Really fantastic work!

#133 7 years ago

4 more servo powered mechs to go

#134 7 years ago

Wow, this is an amazing project! I hope to have time to get into a custom build someday, but it looks like I'll have learn a few skills first! Looking at the photos of the underside and the ball launch it looks like it's only going to be single ball play. Or do you have a system for multiple balls that I am missing?

#135 7 years ago

It has 6 balls in the trough. If I add more switches it can handle 11 reliably.

#136 7 years ago

11-ball multiball would be insane.

#137 7 years ago

Game looks sweet! Hope to play it someday.

#138 7 years ago

Too cool, lost many hours of life playing doom!

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

11-ball multiball would be insane.

Picturing a mode where it disables the lower flippers and just keeps feeding the upper flipper, see how many you can get going in a loop

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

Too cool, lost many hours of life playing doom!

Back in the early 90's for me it was Street Fighter II by day in the arcades and Doom a night everyday. Good times and looking forward to see a video. I'm surprised there aren't stand up targets that spell IDDQD

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Back in the early 90's for me it was Street Fighter II by day in the arcades and Doom on my computer at night practically everyday. Good times and looking forward to see a video. I'm surprised there aren't stand up targets that spell IDDQD

#142 7 years ago

Maybe the iddqd won't be so obvious. It only takes 3 targets to spell it

#143 7 years ago

Bad ass! Love DOOM, always thought it would be cool to see a pin of it. Nice work.

#144 7 years ago

Awesome looking work so far! I would keep it to 6 ball honestly. I had a beautiful Apollo 13 I restored, and anything over 6 becomes a gravity well. It just overworks the ball mechs and overloads the lower playfield over 6. 6 puts you up there with the other high ball games, and is fun as hell! (groan) 8)-

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

Awesome looking work so far! I would keep it to 6 ball honestly. I had a beautiful Apollo 13 I restored, and anything over 6 becomes a gravity well. It just overworks the ball mechs and overloads the lower playfield over 6. 6 puts you up there with the other high ball games, and is fun as hell! (groan) 8)-

Don't worry. I wont add more than 6 balls. There isn't much point to doing so with this layout

#146 7 years ago

This thing looks sweet! My only complaint would be the orange plastics. I am even hesitant to post this here because it really is AMAZING what you have built, but hopefully you will take it as constructive not bitching

Either way bravo

#147 7 years ago

There will be art on clear plastics and the orange will be in the back to give that doom orange fiery glow where it cant take away from the scene as much Some people like it and some people hate the orange. Feedback only helps me make the game better. Thanks for your opinion

#148 7 years ago

Amazing work! Being it to expo please!

#149 7 years ago

Can you get the BFG? please tell me you can get the BFG

#150 7 years ago

Well, this looks awesome

There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doom-custom-pinball-machine/page/3?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.