(Topic ID: 274349)

DoodleBug - What fuses does this machine use?

By enpointe

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by enpointe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7318 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I recently purchased a DoodleBug pinball machine and have done a basic tune up of it replacing the bulbs and rubbers in it and today replaced a bad coil. One thing that I'm still confused about is what fuses this machine uses.

If I examine the fuses in the fuse holder I have from top to bottom,

3AG 10A 311 32V
3AG 10A 311 32V
15 A 250V
3AG 10A 311 32V

Are those the correct fuses for this machine?

I haven't quite figured out how to read the schematics for the machine yet. This is my first pinball machine so I'm still learning the in's and out's of a EM machine. It's been really interesting learning about how it works. Reading the old post has been helpful in me learning how to fix a few problems already.

I purchased a few backup 3AG fuses but I wanted to make sure the 15 A 250V fuse what correct before ordering a backup of that.

IMG_7318 (resized).jpgIMG_7318 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Hey Kristina, Welcome to pinside!

Yes those fuses are correct. In particular, the fuse for the 24 volt circuits is 15 amps.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

All the amps are correct. It's a bit weird that they're only rated for 32v though.

#4 3 years ago

Thank you for the confirmation

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doodlebug-what-fuses-does-this-machine-use?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.