Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
0Doodle-Bug-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Doodle-Bug-Work-01 (resized).jpg
DB Wiring (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Hi Joe
I live in Switzerland, Europe - we have 220 Volt AC - I do not write about US- wire color / ribbed or non ribbed - whatsoever. Fact is: The pin runs "this way hooked-on" as well as "other way hooked on". Fact-Two: Hooked-on "wrong" is VERY dangerous.

Learn about "Juice / POWER side of House Outlet" --- POWER-Side MUST be connected to "Wire-Yellow to the 10 Amp Fuse". House-Outlet-NEUTRAL MUST be connected to "Wire-Black-to-transformer".

Make You a paper tag - a cover to cover the fuses completely (!!!) and on this paper tag have the text: EXTREME DANGER - AT THE TIME THE LINE-CORD IS PLUGGED-IN: 110-VAC-FUSE HAS 110VAC POWER !!! ALWAYS UNPLUG THE LINE-CORD WHEN WORKING ON THE PIN !!!
Greetings Rolf

0Doodle-Bug-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Doodle-Bug-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Hi
in Europe we have 220VAC - we have a nice Screwdriver-Test-Lamp (see upper right corner of the JPG). We put the tip of the screwdriver into one socket of the house-wall-outlet - then we put the thumb onto the end of the screwdriver --- IF (if, if) the little lamp in the screwdriver lights up (dim light) - we are allowed to say: THIS is the HOT side (((if the lamp does not light up we are not allowed to say: This is not HOT, professional electricians very much dislike these screwdrivers))).

A thing not related with the topic / problem "replacing a 110VAC cord on this Doodle Bug" --- I want to show "DANGER - Gottlieb pins are wired different than Williams / Bally pins".
Whenever I work on a pin: I toggle-off and unplug the main power cord - so I am save. I ONLY plug-in / toggle-on when I do a test needing electricity.

Williams / Bally and Gottlieb have the same situation on the 110VAC-side of the transformer: House-Outlet-HOT comes to fuse comes to toggle-switch comes to transformer-HOT-side.

On the secondary (24VAC (Bally 50 VAC) ) side of the transformer there is a BIG difference:
Williams and Bally run the HOT side to fuse to coils (my red lines). Williams and Bally have the switches in the "wiring back to transformer-24/48VAC-Neutral."
Gottlieb runs HOT side to fuse to switches (many switches many wires) - then to coils. Gottlieb then has a direct connection to "back to transformer-24VAC-Neutral".
See my JPG (on top the Williams, on the bottom the Gottliebs). Greetings Rolf

0Doodle-Bug-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Doodle-Bug-Work-02 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doodle-bug-power-card-wiring-help-needed?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.